Closed Thread
Page 156 of 272 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 206 256 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,680 of 8150
    Calibrating.. please wait Final_Rep's Avatar
    Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Just my 2 cents, but I'd say there are many Apple users who assume because they use a Mac they're safe from it and are therefore oblivious to the risks.

Download software from trusted sources. Don't open attachments that haven't been scanned. Keep your operating system up to date. Regularly run a virus/malware/spyware scanner. Routinely back up important files.
    Without a doubt.

I just don't know why there's any debate about it though. Mountains of evidence show that Macs get less malware, on average. And this is in spite your excellent point... Mac users don't really have the same level of awareness of malware as regular PC users.

I dunno why I even try to convince PG/Farley/Orlando/whoever.. not like I have any skin in this game.
    All Hail the Ultimate Master, "I Know More Than The Generals Do", Donald Camacho Dr. Pepper X-Ray AR-15 Trump
    BRB getting Brawndo, it has what plants need
    BRB Welcome to Costco, I Love You

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by PeterGibbons316 View Post
    Security through obscurity is discouraged and not recommended by standards bodies. A system relying on security through obscurity may have theoretical or actual security vulnerabilities
    Originally Posted by Final_Rep View Post
    I work for one of the biggest, most valuable corporations in the world. I can tell you that we look at security as a holistic level of risk. Not simply by the measure of a single thing like susceptibility to malware. Environment is an important factor in the final measure.
    ffs speak English
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ZoranM View Post
    ffs speak English

Okay I'm gonna head out for a bit. Buffalo Wild Wings has some good low carb options.
    All Hail the Ultimate Master, "I Know More Than The Generals Do", Donald Camacho Dr. Pepper X-Ray AR-15 Trump

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Without a doubt.

I just don't know why there's any debate about it though. Mountains of evidence show that Macs get less malware, on average. And this is in spite your excellent point... Mac users don't really have the same level of awareness of malware of regular PC users.

I dunno why I even try to convince PG/Farley/Orlando/whoever.. not like I have any skin in this game.
    There is no debate - even the other Apple lovers get it. You are an irrational fanboi, so you keep missing the point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security
    Security is the degree of resistance to, or protection from, harm. It applies to any vulnerable and valuable asset, such as a person, dwelling, community, nation, or organization.

Likelihood of threat/harm/attack doesn't factor in to how secure something is.

HTH
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

Originally Posted by PeterGibbons316 View Post
    There is no debate - even the other Apple lovers get it. You are an irrational fanboi, so you keep missing the point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security
    Security is the degree of resistance to, or protection from, harm. It applies to any vulnerable and valuable asset, such as a person, dwelling, community, nation, or organization.

Likelihood of threat/harm/attack doesn't factor in to how secure something is.

HTH
    Fair enough. Then the word I should have been using is risk.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz

Okay I'm gonna head out for a bit. Buffalo Wild Wings has some good low carb options.
    You running low on carbs? Stay strong brah.

I had a large Big Mac meal, a can of Coke and a chocolate bar.

Drove to McDonald's.
    "Sorry, my headset isn't working, please drive to the 3rd window."
    Go to 3rd window.
    "Sorry, EFTPOS isn't working. Will you be paying by cash?"

Drove to another McDonald's.
    "Will you be paying by cash or card?"
    Long pause.
    'Card.'
    "What would you like?"

Lol! Yeah I'm on Keto. Rather than buying new pants.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Man, today's music doesn't have the same soul.

Originally Posted by kvk1 View Post
    You've never seen Top Gun until recently?
    I only had 1:20 of scheduled flight. Was losing focus, and just decided to play something with good music and characters.

The only spec "superior" would arguably be the RAM but there's a big difference between qualities and speeds of RAM too, so we'd have to go deeper.

But yes, in general you get lower specs with a Mac than a PC.

In my experience slightly lower specs (not counting the better display) doesn't matter, because my Macbook Pro has been amazing. It burns through gigabyte+ panoramas without breaking a stride. I never turn it off. It's completely solid state and when you close the lid it consumes almost no power for weeks. Takes 4-5 seconds to wake back up. And the gesture controls and smoothness of the OS really make Windows feel like a trainwreck.

I get it though, you're not getting a Mac.
    It's exclusivity to their iOS also (as far as customer loyalty). There's nothing about the specs themselves that's ever outstanding.

Originally Posted by ossizen View Post
    It's as silly as Linux vs. Windows vs. tablets...
    All software.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by theshoupguy View Post
    Almost entirely because a smaller portion of the hacking community goes towards the Apple OSs.

and to end on a happier note:
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Those are way too wordy for a comic.

This is America, I'm not reading anything for more than 2-3 seconds.

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My favorite today is What Will General Serpant Post Next?
    What is I usually don't read it for $500 Frep?

I used to be very, very anti-Mac. And anti-Microsoft. All open source UNIX, baby!

Then I bought the Macbook Pro w/retina for photography. It's an amazing machine. I haven't regretted spending the money once.

So I'll not say anything else about it, except this: Hating on Mac is like hating on Ferrari. They sell a very sleek, aesthetic, high quality automobile. But it has less specs, performance wise, and costs a lot more money than a Nissan GT-R.

At the end of the day though... I'd rather have the Ferrari.

Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    haha, that's cold man

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Watch the sauces mang, LOTS-O-CARB up in dere!

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I used to be very, very anti-Mac. And anti-Microsoft. All open source UNIX, baby!

Then I bought the Macbook Pro w/retina for photography. It's an amazing machine. I haven't regretted spending the money once.

So I'll not say anything else about it, except this: Hating on Mac is like hating on Ferrari. They sell a very sleek, aesthetic, high quality automobile. But it has less specs, performance wise, and costs a lot more money than a Nissan GT-R.

This car would like to say hello

Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    So the new Ferrari LaFerrari is claimed to be 0-60 mph in under 3 seconds, 0-124 mph in under 7 seconds, and 0-186 mph in 15 seconds.

lolwut

Watch the sauces mang, LOTS-O-CARB up in dere!
    Yeah I had the "hot" which was supposed to be low carb... Better have been!

Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    This car would like to say hello

Would bang the tailpipe/10

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Fascinating.

And on top of that riveting story, you also discovered the holy grail answer to all computer related inquires, regardless of specific needs, requests, or dynamics of a situation.

1. McCoy
    2. Bernard
    3. Jeffery
    DR. 3time
    Wisconsin Badgers, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Bucks
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

Originally Posted by Orlando1234977 View Post
    Fascinating.

And on top of that riveting story, you also discovered the holy grail answer to all computer related inquires, regardless of specific needs, requests, or dynamics of a situation.

1. McCoy
    2. Bernard
    3. Jeffery
    Sometimes the customer doesn't know what's good for 'em

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    $500 isn't even a Jeopardy prize amount anymore. Unless you're doing the DD or something? That would explain the format your response was in.

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Sometimes the customer doesn't know what's good for 'em
    Absolutely. And commission rates sometime vary right wink wink nudge nudge yougetit!

So with that I was thinking of backing your project in your sig for the minimum 25k or whatever it is, but think I'll wait to see a few more wins under your belt.
    DR. 3time
    Wisconsin Badgers, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Bucks
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

Absolutely. And commission rates sometime vary right wink wink nudge nudge yougetit!

So with that I was thinking of backing your project in your sig for the minimum 25k or whatever it is, but think I'll wait to see a few more wins under your belt.
    10k gets you a one-on-one session with me in Alaska.

Promise not to feed you to the bears.

Are you guys arguing against free-market economics?

10k gets you a one-on-one session with me in Alaska.
    What do you mean session? Does he get 2?

jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post

and to end on a happier note:
    Chazzy with the PvP and Pennyarcade. You rock bro.
    " M as in Mancy"

jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I considered going to Dragon Con as the fruit ****er.

" M as in Mancy"

[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/chazfrombfc/20060513a.jpg[/IMG]
    Yeah, this is pretty true. But there is the geeky type in the Windows group that act a little too hip with their eye on computer paraphernalia. The hip crowd of Mac users might be generally hip, but they are a little more modest despite not knowing or caring about specific specs.

[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/chazfrombfc/3067.gif[/IMG]
    This one, again is agreeable in spite of what I was saying about the last one. They typically don't share any social connection over the actual devices themselves. Just the fact that they don't care in the first place. They can be typically douchey like that, but that comic does a good job at poking fun at the Pc/android master race also for how topical they get with computers.

[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/chazfrombfc/licd.gif[/IMG]
    Lol, I like how you're making a cohesive story/outline through your selection of comics.

[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/chazfrombfc/20051012l.jpg[/IMG]
    I guess this one says that, in the world of computers and games, we are all lost and subject to our own demons inside of us.

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

x $1,100
    Here Lies the Rant
    2005 - 2015

Negs from 1938-1945

-lenco

therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sup home planet
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

modulatin'

'Sup?
    Here Lies the Rant
    2005 - 2015

Negs from 1938-1945

-lenco

therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    alrite
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Originally Posted by Lencho View Post
    modulatin'

'Sup?
    Do you demodulate?

I saw one of those cops / state-troopers last night with body-paint and clothing that matched the wall that was behind them. I was super hammered, and figured it might be such a good idea to get in my car after that. Bullet dodged. #theladiesaredirty

Closed Thread
Page 156 of 272 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 206 256 ... LastLast