turorivera98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) turorivera98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should i quit wrestling?

Okay so 2 years ago i started wrestling freshman year,i was pretty good and lost about 14 pounds that season. Well after that i really develpoed a bad eating disorder.The summer after the season ended I went from 166 to 140. I tought i wasnt doing anything wrong, but i was starving myself. It messed up my relationship with my family, my freinds, my social life and my relationship with food. After a few month i overcame it, but then next wrestling season came. This was even worse than last time. I felt so deprived. MY grades dropped, and my relationship with family and friends was worse.i got to an even lower weight than i had ever had (137). I always feel like i have to lose more and im never satisfied with the way i look.Everyone says i look good and muscular. For the past three month since the last season ended ive been doing powerlifting\bodybuilding, ive developed a love for it and want to compete in bodybuilding one day but i want to gain weight, but i feel like wrestling is restricting me. How do i tell my coach i want to drop wrestlinjg? Btw im 16, 5 foot 9 and a sophmore in highschool and weigh about 160lbs right now.

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by turorivera98 View Post
    Okay so 2 years ago i started wrestling freshman year,i was pretty good and lost about 14 pounds that season. Well after that i really develpoed a bad eating disorder.The summer after the season ended I went from 166 to 140. I tought i wasnt doing anything wrong, but i was starving myself. It messed up my relationship with my family, my freinds, my social life and my relationship with food. After a few month i overcame it, but then next wrestling season came. This was even worse than last time. I felt so deprived. MY grades dropped, and my relationship with family and friends was worse.i got to an even lower weight than i had ever had (137). I always feel like i have to lose more and im never satisfied with the way i look.Everyone says i look good and muscular. For the past three month since the last season ended ive been doing powerlifting\bodybuilding, ive developed a love for it and want to compete in bodybuilding one day but i want to gain weight, but i feel like wrestling is restricting me. How do i tell my coach i want to drop wrestlinjg? Btw im 16, 5 foot 9 and a sophmore in highschool and weigh about 160lbs right now.
    If you love wrestling, tell your coach that you want to wrestle but don't want to cut weight. If there's no place for you in that case, take up a sport such as Submission Wrestling where there is much emphasis on weight.

Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want to quit wrestling because you will be hungry, tired, sore, and have focuses diverted from other aspects of your life, then you are a pussy and you should quit. If you want to quit wrestling because you have found other sports that you love more, you aren't a pussy, but you should still quit and make room for the devoted. If you're having trouble telling your coach, I can't take this seriously as an issue

newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newguy84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If they are a good coach they will understand your decision. If you don't feel up to it, sit and talk with your folks and get them to sit down with the coach and explain.

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Wrestler5229 View Post
    If you want to quit wrestling because you will be hungry, tired, sore, and have focuses diverted from other aspects of your life, then you are a pussy and you should quit. If you want to quit wrestling because you have found other sports that you love more, you aren't a pussy, but you should still quit and make room for the devoted. If you're having trouble telling your coach, I can't take this seriously as an issue
    That is a ridiculous answer. You clearly didn't read the post properly.

Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

There's a difference between someone being a pussy and quitting, and someone who is gonna quit cause their eating disorder will comeback you ****ing *******. But i'll assume you just misread it and inform you to try to read what the post actually says.

Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Talk to your coach about it and tell him. Hopefully he is a reasonable, mature adult and will understand. Go to a weight class above so you can be safe and not cut weight. If you like wrestling but don't really love and/or passion for it (which is fine) then quitting could be an option if you wanna be on the safe side. The most important thing is to make sure you stay safe and away from any eating disorder. So try to wrestle without having to cut weight (i wrestle but dont cut weight cause im trying to get bigger fot football) or if you need to, just quit and it's fine. Goodluck

Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrestler5229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by krakkerz View Post
    That is a ridiculous answer. You clearly didn't read the post properly.
    Originally Posted by Babycox View Post
    There's a difference between someone being a pussy and quitting, and someone who is gonna quit cause their eating disorder will comeback you ****ing *******. But i'll assume you just misread it and inform you to try to read what the post actually says.
    I read the post. If he truly loves wrestling, he will find a way to work through an eating disorder. People have a tendency to do what they want to do. And if that's wrestling, then it's wrestling, and if it's quitting wrestling, then it's quitting wrestling. You're right there is a difference between being a pussy and quitting. And as I said, if it's quitting cause it's hard, that is being a pussy. If it's quitting to pursue other interests that wrestling is non-conducive to, like getting big, then it's different. But I stand by what I said. And take it from someone who has wrestled longer than you both, there isn't a state placer alive who hasn't made SEVERE sacrifices to get there. If he wants to quit he will quit. If he wants to wrestle then talk with his coach and his family and don't worry about cutting weight. That being said, he's asking for opinions on deep-seated medical and psychological matters from strangers on the internet.

turorivera98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) turorivera98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read the post. If he truly loves wrestling, he will find a way to work through an eating disorder. People have a tendency to do what they want to do. And if that's wrestling, then it's wrestling, and if it's quitting wrestling, then it's quitting wrestling. You're right there is a difference between being a pussy and quitting. And as I said, if it's quitting cause it's hard, that is being a pussy. If it's quitting to pursue other interests that wrestling is non-conducive to, like getting big, then it's different. But I stand by what I said. And take it from someone who has wrestled longer than you both, there isn't a state placer alive who hasn't made SEVERE sacrifices to get there. If he wants to quit he will quit. If he wants to wrestle then talk with his coach and his family and don't worry about cutting weight. That being said, he's asking for opinions on deep-seated medical and psychological matters from strangers on the internet.
    hell no im not quiting because it too hard, i agree with you in saying that would make me a pussy. Honestly i have lost intrest in wrestling and have gained intrest in bodybuilding\powerlifting, those are some things i would like to presue along with academics. I wouldnt want to coninue with something that i have no passion/intrest for.

SuperMouse96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperMouse96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperMouse96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperMouse96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperMouse96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperMouse96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperMouse96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hell no im not quiting because it too hard, i agree with you in saying that would make me a pussy. Honestly i have lost intrest in wrestling and have gained intrest in bodybuilding\powerlifting, those are some things i would like to presue along with academics. I wouldnt want to coninue with something that i have no passion/intrest for.
    What is the point of having big strong muscles if you cant even put them to good use. If you wanna quit wrestling so bad than do it. wrestling is not a sport for pussies your couch would understand

Originally Posted by SuperMouse96 View Post
    What is the point of having big strong muscles if you cant even put them to good use. If you wanna quit wrestling so bad than do it. wrestling is not a sport for pussies your couch would understand
    Dude, sensitivity training. look it up. :-P

Registered User takenodaysoff25's Avatar
    takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) takenodaysoff25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuperMouse96 View Post
    This is a ridiculous response as well. Maybe you should re-read his post and understand to why he is thinking about quitting. Ignorance to it's finest right there, smh

amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000)
    How does wanting to quit something make someone a pussy? Not everyone wants to be a state level champ. I did so I made the sacrifices needed, but I understand if someone else dosent want to do exactly what I did. Sports are not everything for some people, and all he is asking for is advice on how to approach his coach, he has already made his decision.
    "Once more into the fray
    Into the last good fight ill ever know...
    Live and die on this day
    Live and die on this day"

amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Reading all the negative responses in here is really ticking me off. For starters, stop implying that this kid is a pussy. Lets actually ****ing contribute here, not shot others down. Coming from an actual state champ I understand not everyone cares about the sacrifices that need to be made. Somepeople actually want to have fun in life and enjoy high school. There were times even I wondered why I was doing all this crap, and even to this day I wonder if it was worth the sacrifices (even though it is not in wrestling since I never did that sport, so I guess to you guys it dosent matter and I am a pussy). And to the op, just walk up to your coach and tell him you are done. It is after all your life
    "Once more into the fray
    Live and die on this day

Originally Posted by amar654 View Post
    How does wanting to quit something make someone a pussy? Not everyone wants to be a state level champ. I did so I made the sacrifices needed, but I understand if someone else dosent want to do exactly what I did. Sports are not everything for some people, and all he is asking for is advice on how to approach his coach, he has already made his decision.
    Reading all the negative responses in here is really ticking me off. For starters, stop implying that this kid is a pussy. Lets actually ****ing contribute here, not shot others down. Coming from an actual state champ I understand not everyone cares about the sacrifices that need to be made. Somepeople actually want to have fun in life and enjoy high school. There were times even I wondered why I was doing all this crap, and even to this day I wonder if it was worth the sacrifices (even though it is not in wrestling since I never did that sport, so I guess to you guys it dosent matter and I am a pussy). And to the op, just walk up to your coach and tell him you are done. It is after all your life
    Quitting something because it is hard - yes that makes you a pussy. Quitting because you wish to pursue other interests, no, not a pussy. Secondly, if you didn't wrestle, you cannot possibly speak to general sacrifices made by the average every day going-nowhere wrestler. And while I commend you for being a state champ in something, as that truly is an accomplishment, and speaks to your hard work -- I guarantee you it is NOTHING compared to the sacrifices and hard work put in to be a state champ in wrestling. Even in Vermont. (Wrestler-speak for bad wrestling state).

This just shows your ingnorance. Are you telling me that Jordan Burroughs works harder and has made more sacrifices than Ressa Hoffman?
    "Once more into the fray
    Live and die on this day

Erikmd91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Erikmd91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Erikmd91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Erikmd91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Erikmd91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Erikmd91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Erikmd91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Erikmd91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Erikmd91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Erikmd91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Erikmd91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This just shows your ingnorance. Are you telling me that Jordan Burroughs works harder and has made more sacrifices than Ressa Hoffman?
    I would let wrestler think the way he does. Remember. It's the internet. Everyone is squatting double body we same height, won two world titles, and super muscular at the same time. Eating disorders are not to be taken lightly. What are your goals in wrestling? Why is it necessary to cut so much weight? At what cost? Whatever decision you make, think through the positives and negatives. I love wrestling but if it is not the end all for me.

Uh, lemme think... Yeah! I know that has to be a joke. Not even a comparison.