Registered User DouglasCopeland's Avatar
    DouglasCopeland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Going on Vacation in 3.5 days.. suggestions on the 3 days leading up to "dry out"

Been training regularly for quite some time and diet was pretty clean (but could have been better).

I know there isnt any miracle technique that causes 5 lbs to drop in 3 days, but just wanted to see what you guys do leading up to a beach trip or contest prep.

My plan was to run Xpel and low carb (basically none) until the night before and ramp back up a bit. Normally in the past Xpel would be a bad idea considering "vacations" were 3 day benders but I don't drink like that any more and doubt I feel any ill effects of dehydration.

I was considering a 3 day juice clense but figured the Xpel would be nearly as good and I wouldnt be killing 90% of my protein intake. Open to doing that though, my muscle mass is just fine, so losing a little isnt a concern.

Any other suggestions? Foods/ingredients to eat or on the flip side avoid? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are you actually lean enough to benefit from manipulating water?

11.4% BF at 168.1 lbs 17 days ago. I am now 163.4 (havent been tested since).

TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    DEXA or Bodpod? Not one of those handheld or scale things?
    Regardless, I'd try dropping carbs and salt and upping water 2-3 days before your big event. Do it too soon and your body will just catch up and seek homeostasis again and retain your usual amount of water.

Bodpod. still under the impression it shoots a higher number out.

ya i started xpel today and no carbs this am. yesterday was fairly high in carbs so that should be a shock. leave thurs am, so thats 4 days no carbs/high water/xpel.

that good?

Honestly I've never messed with anything like that. If I know I'm going to vacation/beach, I'll cut salt out and reduce carbs a little a day or two out. It makes a difference but nothing crazy. If you're 11% bf, you should be beach ready. I wouldn't worry.

Originally Posted by TheLongRun View Post
    Honestly I've never messed with anything like that. If I know I'm going to vacation/beach, I'll cut salt out and reduce carbs a little a day or two out. It makes a difference but nothing crazy. If you're 11% bf, you should be beach ready. I wouldn't worry.
    ya im not too worried, just at 11 id love to look like 10. hell people at 10 would love to look like 9, it a never ending cycle.

Thanks!

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Dropping 5 lbs of water weight in 3.5 days will do nothing for you. No one is going to say "Man, that guy is 11.4% but if he was 10% he'd look so much better". Only you. And whatever you manage to dump in the next couple days will be right back after 1 or 2 days on your vacation.

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DouglasCopeland View Post
    Any other suggestions?
    I'm going to take a different approach here.. Instead of drying yourself out, restricting foods you like, and worrying about what others think of you.. why don't you just go ENJOY your vacation and not put extra stress on yourself? Do you really honestly think anyone gives a flying Fk if you are lean or not?
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

mm394006 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mm394006 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mm394006 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mm394006 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mm394006 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mm394006 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mm394006 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mm394006 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mm394006 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mm394006 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mm394006 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
    I'm going to take a different approach here.. Instead of drying yourself out, restricting foods you like, and worrying about what others think of you.. why don't you just go ENJOY your vacation and not put extra stress on yourself? Do you really honestly think anyone gives a flying Fk if you are lean or not?
    ^This mane

Manipulating a little water can make a difference on stage when everyone is criticing every facet of your physique. You, on the other hand, are going on vacation. Enjoy yourself. You put in the hard work year round so you can relax and enjoy yourself without feeling self-concious at the beach. Now is the time to reap that reward not stress out even more than someone who has never stepped foot in the gym.
    How much difference do you really think you will make to anyones eyes but your own??
    *MFC*

Did you guys bother to read what I wrote? Or did you just wanna rip someone for fun today?

I asked specifically what to do "leading up to vacation" aka the time I'm not on vacation but sitting at home by myself with nothing to do. I didn't ask how I should vacation, but thanks for the "concern" I guess

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DouglasCopeland View Post
    I asked specifically what to do "leading up to vacation" aka the time I'm not on vacation but sitting at home by myself with nothing to do
    And I answered that with my honest opinion... continue to eat a normal diet without restricting things and drying yourself out
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here's how I'd prep so that I wouldn't have to worry about getting fat for the first few days. Go PSMF for those 3 days beforehand, so that you deplete all of your carb stores and cut some fat (maybe a pound or 2). Then when you start eating on vacation, the first day or so will just replenish your glycogen.
    May 3 - 183 ; May 10 - 181; May 17 - 181; May 24 - 181; May 30 - 178.5 ; Jun 7 - 176.5; Jun 14 - 174.5; Jun 20 - 173;
    Jun 28 - 172.5; July 5th - 171; July 12th - 171; July 19 - 170;

ShoshoAndreev is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShoshoAndreev is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShoshoAndreev is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShoshoAndreev is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShoshoAndreev is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShoshoAndreev is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShoshoAndreev is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShoshoAndreev is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShoshoAndreev is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShoshoAndreev is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShoshoAndreev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What i have done in the past is the following:

I usually start 7 days prior to the event etc. No carbs, controlled low sodium intake, 8-10l of water a day, minimum training, mainly whole body deload style, and no products derived from milk , regardless if you are lactose intolerant or not. On the 5th day i start loading back carbs ( from dry sources ) and cutting water by a lot, low fat, low protein. On the 6th day i continue carb loading with potassium rich foods, still low fat, low protein, still no milk products and i cut out water completely the night prior to the event. 7th day still loading with carbs , no water, supplement with magnesium and potassium, 30-40 mins before the peak, i drink an espresso+water or 1-2l of redbull. Had pretty good results this way, be careful not to spill over with the carbs, watch how your body reacts. Good luck. : )

thanks!

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
    This. LOL
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/