tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Worried I haven't Gained from my bulk - Before / After

Hi, I started lifting in April 2013, for the first 5 months I didn't have a clue about nutrition and bulking/cutting. I just made sure that I got a decent bit of protein, most of which came from whey. For those first 5 months I was at a caloric deficit too.

Then at the end of August 2013 I finally learned about bulking/cutting and being in a caloric surplus to gain muscle. Therefore I started bulking at the end of August/beginning of September 2013. I did a dirty bulk, making sure that I got a lot of protein. I gained a lot of mass, I looked really big for my height at 5ft 7. I thought that I was gaining a lot of muscle. I bulked until the end of February 2014 and then started to cut. I have lost a lot of weight now, and up until yesterday I still thought that I had gained a lot of muscle and the bulk had been successful. However, yesterday I looked at an old post I had made on these forums, from the end of August 2013. The post had a photo of me at the time just before starting my bulk, which I saw, and have attached, which really bothered me, because I don't think I look much smaller then that what I am now after my bulk. The thing is I felt like I knew I had gained muscle, I do feel a lot bigger than I used to be, but when I see this photo it makes me wonder if its all in my head and I haven't made much progress. Although I am now happy with my physique it is still an awful feeling to know that the bulk might not have been successful. The only thing I can say is that in the old photo I might have had a pump / been tensing. I can't remember for sure. My gut instinct was/is that I have gained muscle but this one photo is bothering me. I certainly know that I am a lot bigger than April 2013, but its just before/after the bulk that's playing on my mind now.

Anyway, I just want peoples opinions, do you think I've gained? I wish I could find more photos from before my bulk. I've attached the before photo and three photos I took yesterday.
    Attached Images

Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok 1st picture you are closer to the mirror and better lighting

The after pictures you are def. more cut up and your lats look way better

The only thing thats lacking seems to be chest it doesn't look like you hit it hard enough through bulk all that means is hit it harder next bulk!

tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks, I think you're right tbh, I was just getting paranoid.

From the point I am at now, do people think I should continue to cut? I would like to see my abs so I was planning to. Plus I'd like to shed more fat before bulking again, as this means it would take me longer to get as fat as I did last bulk lol.

tfsdc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfsdc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfsdc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfsdc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfsdc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfsdc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfsdc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfsdc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfsdc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfsdc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfsdc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How much weight were you at you max when bulking? What weight are you at now in those pictures and what date were those weights? I ask this because if you cut too quickly after a bulk, you may have lost some muscle.

Originally Posted by tfsdc View Post
    How much weight were you at you max when bulking? What weight are you at now in those pictures and what date were those weights? I ask this because if you cut too quickly after a bulk, you may have lost some muscle.
    I'm not sure what weight I was at my max, probably 4 or 5 pounds under 11 stone at the end of January, I never really kept a close track of my weight which will change if I do another bulk. I did try and cut slowly since the end of February, which is a decent amount of time. I gave myself a 3/4 month time period for cutting, which I'm still within. I am 10.0873 stone now.

To be fair I think I haven't lost much muscle from my bulk, I am closer to the mirror in that before photo, and think I have a pump. I know for sure I had done an ab workout prior. I can generally 'feel' that I have put on more muscle just by the feel of my body, and have a lower body fat percentage than when that initial photo was taken and still look bigger without a pump. Overall I know I have gained so I am happy.