Welcome to the Bodybuilding.com Forums
It is our hope that the members of the forums will help each other in providing motivation and information to those looking to reach their fitness goals. To protect our members and the forums, the following rules are effective in all sections. Please take caution in what you post as we make every effort to keep all information posted unless we have specific reason to remove the content. Post at your own risk.
Bodybuilding.com reserves the right to adjust or edit these rules at any time for any reason. Above all, have fun and good luck in all your fitness goals.
- All rules apply to posts, private messages, reputation comments, BodySpace comments, signatures, user titles, and user names.
- Report posts or Private Messages that violate forum rules using the Report Button. Report members using either the Report Button or the report feature on their BodySpace.
- Do not quote posts that violate forum rules.
- Treat other users, administrators, and moderators with respect.
- Moderator decisions and actions are not open to public discussion. Contact a moderator or an administrator privately to discuss these issues. Moderator disrespect will not be tolerated.
The following are prohibited:
- Racist, sexist, or bigoted comments or slurs in any form (including images).
- Offensive, disgusting, aggressive, lewd, profane, or derogatory language, posts, pictures, or PM's.
- Sending or requesting sexual images or other information which violates forum rules.
- Abuse of the Reputation system.
- Fake avatars.
- E-fighting, excessive arguing, or harassment of other users.
- Overly long or disruptive images, text or format changes, trolling, or other blatant forum disruption.
- Using "banned" as your user title.
- Signatures over 12 lines in length.
- Linking to sites that violate forum rules.
- Promotion or advertising for direct competitors of bodybuilding.com, or advertising for other sites.
- Posting “spoilers” unless clearly marked in thread title.
- Porn, gore, or nudity, even if drawn or edited, and porn discussion.
- Sexual discussion or explicit or suggestive images of individuals under the age of 18.
- Discussion of illegal activities (United States laws apply). This includes theft, ****philia, rape, incest, murder, etc.
- Discussion of illegal, banned, or controlled substances. This includes but is not limited to: steroids, FDA banned substances, pro-hormones, illegal drugs (United States laws apply), and prescription drugs. If it isn’t a product currently sold on Bodybuilding.com take caution in discussing it.
- Collection of money for individual causes. Donation and charity causes must be approved by an administrator.
- Raids of other sites or sections of these forums.
- Death threats, threats of violence, and advocating or discussing suicide.
- Attempting to distribute or acquire illegal substances.
- Posting personal information. This includes but is not limited to: phone numbers, full names, physical addresses, IP addresses, emails, and social media sites.
- Utilizing multiple accounts to avoid a ban, including a permanent ban. Each user is allowed one active account.
- Posting copyrighted material without permission from the copyright owner. This includes linking to illegal streams, torrent sites, or otherwise providing sources or methods of copyright infringement.
- Attempting to circumvent forum rules (or censors), or assisting or encouraging others to do so.
How do I dispute a ban or file a complaint against a moderator?
-Ban disputes can be done either through the moderator who issued the ban or through firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large number of ban disputes we get daily, please follow the following steps prior to disputing ban and keep all disputes professional and courteous.
Step 1: Read the forum rules. If you do not think you posted content that violated forum rules proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Contact the moderator who issued the ban through the email address that will provided in your ban message. If the moderator will not lift the ban and you still feel that you have not violated forum rules proceed to step 3.
Step 3: Contact the forum admin at email@example.com. Please provide a reason you do not feel the ban is warranted.
Each ban reason should include a moderator email address to contact the moderator for dispute. All complaints against moderators need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is rare that a ban will be overturned.
How do I close my account?
-If you would like to have your account deactivated and removed from public viewing please contact customer service at 1-866-236-8417 or through email at email@example.com. Once we have verified information on the account we can get the account deactivated.
How do I change my username?
-Username changes are no longer allowed. If you have a specific reason why a username change is necessary, contact the forum admin.
How do I get posts or threads removed?
What do I do if a member is harassing me?
-If you are being overly harassed by another member of the forums please contact a moderator to discuss the issue or simply report the member for abuse. You can also add that person to your ignore list through your User CP under “edit ignore list”.
How do I contact a moderator?
-A current list of moderators and contact information can be found at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showgroups.php.
How do I become a Moderator?
-The minimum requirements are: member for more than one year, no bans, no multiple accounts, over the age of 21, no trolls.
-If you meet the minimum requirements, contact a moderator for more details.
A Note on Thread Size and Content:
-Threads will be closed between 8,000 and 9,000 posts. If the thread is going to be restarted: make a new thread; post a link to the new thread in the current thread; contact a moderator, using the PM system or Report button, to close it.
-Threads that receive multiple complaints about breaking the rules will be shut down by the moderators and will not be allowed to be restarted (and thus blacklisted from the forums). All forum rules and Terms of Service apply to chat threads.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: General Forum Rules
05-19-2014, 08:12 AM #1anonymousGuest
By ElderJefferson in forum Religion and PoliticsReplies: 10Last Post: 07-25-2013, 12:27 PM
By pogue in forum Misc.Replies: 117Last Post: 11-26-2006, 02:21 PM
By ninja the kid in forum Misc.Replies: 5Last Post: 09-08-2005, 10:59 AM