Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by snova031 View Post
    Only thing I can think of for the edge of the mats, and not even sure if this exists, but some sort of rubber quarter round possibly?
    Great idea, thanks! Picked up 8 of these mats over the wknd, man do they stink. Tractor Supply suggested using bleach/water mixture to mop them up to help neutralize the smell, but it's still pretty strong. Prob try mopping them up again once I get the mats laid out in place. They do look great though, I didn't realize the mats (at least the ones I got) all have beige specks in them. This is feature you need to pay extra for when ordering from other online retailers.

Was a b**ch carrying down to the basement. Best method I figured out was to roll them up as tight as possible and grab each end, still unwieldy and heavy but def possible for 1 person to carry. My arms were about to fall off by the last one, but good way to kick off the home gym workouts haha

I also saw in the store that Tractor Supply sells a 1/2" thick version of these mats cut to half the size (4' x 3') for $20, which is the same price per sq ft. I didn't see this option online. Obviously you're giving up a 1/4" thickness, but the smaller mats are much easier to handle and for many ppl 1/2" thickness is plenty, esp considering they're made out of the same material. I considered it but already rented a U-Haul for the large 4x6's and I'd rather have fewer total pieces.

justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kpfury View Post
    Great idea, thanks! Picked up 8 of these mats over the wknd, man do they stink. Tractor Supply suggested using bleach/water mixture to mop them up to help neutralize the smell, but it's still pretty strong. Prob try mopping them up again once I get the mats laid out in place. They do look great though, I didn't realize the mats (at least the ones I got) all have beige specks in them. This is feature you need to pay extra for when ordering from other online retailers.

Was a b**ch carrying down to the basement. Best method I figured out was to roll them up as tight as possible and grab each end, still unwieldy and heavy but def possible for 1 person to carry. My arms were about to fall off by the last one, but good way to kick off the home gym workouts haha

I also saw in the store that Tractor Supply sells a 1/2" thick version of these mats cut to half the size (4' x 3') for $20, which is the same price per sq ft. I didn't see this option online. Obviously you're giving up a 1/4" thickness, but the smaller mats are much easier to handle and for many ppl 1/2" thickness is plenty, esp considering they're made out of the same material. I considered it but already rented a U-Haul for the large 4x6's and I'd rather have fewer total pieces.
    When you picked up your mats from TS, were they being stored outside? Both times that I bought mine, they were in a large stack out on the side of the store. They only had a faint scent that dissipated within a week. You already went through the effort of bringing them down to your basement, but I surmise the sun and wind exposure accelerate the out-gassing of fumes from the rubber material.

The only con I noticed with my set is that one mat is just a hair thinner than the others. It's not really noticeable, but I can feel the difference in height where the mat edges meet. I'll have to look again at the specks on my mats. I have mine covered with thin carpet. I think the specks are off white. But yeah, this is another reason to buy the mats all at once, rather adding them over time, if you want to ensure they all match.

kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpfury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by justinluck View Post
    When you picked up your mats from TS, were they being stored outside? Both times that I bought mine, they were in a large stack out on the side of the store. They only had a faint scent that dissipated within a week. You already went through the effort of bringing them down to your basement, but I surmise the sun and wind exposure accelerate the out-gassing of fumes from the rubber material.

The only con I noticed with my set is that one mat is just a hair thinner than the others. It's not really noticeable, but I can feel the difference in height where the mat edges meet. I'll have to look again at the specks on my mats. I have mine covered with thin carpet. I think the specks are off white. But yeah, this is another reason to buy the mats all at once, rather adding them over time, if you want to ensure they all match.
    Yea they were stored outside, but most of the ones I got were still wrapped up on the pallets, so probably didn't air out that much. I bought some 1" wide black gorilla (ie. duct) tape for the edges so it will look and feel more seamless, that might help w/ the uneven thickness on your mats as well.

On a somewhat related note, do you guys put your racks directly on top of the stall mats, or build a platform from plywood and attach it to that? I don't have the option of bolting my rack into ground, and not sure how much the rubber will give w/ the weight from a rack (leaning heavily towards the Rogue RLM-490)...