Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kaylagunderson View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions about belts for me! Im considering if I should buy a belt or if I should wait, Im super tiny like 4'11" and weight at 91 pounds. I lift everyday and definitely am looking to gain more weight and muscle. Since Im so tiny my lifts arent heavy as most articles use as examples so it makes it confusing for me if I should be conisdering a belt. I lift heavy for my size which isnt nearly around the average person I just don't know if A belt would be utilized for my body yet. If you have any advice I would super appreciate it as it seems you have a lot of knowledge in this field! Thanks for your yime!
    91 lbs is indeed tiny. Are you doing squats as a regular part of your program? If so, what weight/sets/reps are you currently using? Finally, if you have a video of your squat I can observe if you should don a belt or continue to train without one for the time being.
    www.instagram.com/mastodonstrength/

jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jalamb86 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well, ordered a 10 mm single prong black forever belt direct from inzernet.com. Read a few horror stories about shipping and customer service, so I decided to call the support number listed on the webpage. Got a recorded message saying the mailbox was full or something, so had to hunt down an alternate number. Finally got ahold of them and they said the single prong wasn't in stock (wtf), but they had a double prong in stock so I just changed my order to that.
    ***Dirty South Crew***

JanterFixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JanterFixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JanterFixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JanterFixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice, guide. much learned.

CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CYMlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kaylagunderson View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions about belts for me! Im considering if I should buy a belt or if I should wait, Im super tiny like 4'11" and weight at 91 pounds. I lift everyday and definitely am looking to gain more weight and muscle. Since Im so tiny my lifts arent heavy as most articles use as examples so it makes it confusing for me if I should be conisdering a belt. I lift heavy for my size which isnt nearly around the average person I just don't know if A belt would be utilized for my body yet. If you have any advice I would super appreciate it as it seems you have a lot of knowledge in this field! Thanks for your yime!
    Everyone has their own opinion of if or when to use a belt and I don't think there is a "one way is best per se" (so no really right or wrong). Just remember that the belt is just another training tool to help with lifting weights. it will NOT MAKE you lift more or fix issues (ie poor squat form) etc. BUT, it can HELP you LIFT MORE. if you cannot properly engage your core and increase abd pressure when squatting/lifting, then using a belt may not be very helpful. The belt can help one focus on engaging their core/increasing abd pressure and that can be helpful, but you have to first know how to do it before using a belt.

Generally most use their belt when they are getting to their top heaviest set for squats and deadlifts. generally it is not needed for lighter weights. There is no hard and fast rule of when to use a belt. However, I think that one should be at least squatting or deadlifting more than their body weight. If you are doing that, then maybe consider a belt on the set when doing the heaviest weight of that workout (maybe if it is around 40-50lbs over your body weight). ie. so if you are going to lift 135 lbs or higher, maybe consider using a belt on that set. do you have to use one, no you don't. can it help, yes it can if used properly (ie engaging your core and staying tight and not relying on the belt to support your back).

You are petite, but you can estimate when you may want to consider using a belt as you get closer to/or surpassing lifting 2x your body weight. it is ok to use it on lighter weight and it is ok to not use it when lifting over 2x body weight. again, there is no rule that you have to use a belt for this amount of weight. It is a helpful tool to have, but not necessary unless you are planning to really keep pushing your strength and what your goals are. a good belt is around $90+, so if that is an investment you are willing to make, then go for it. I would rec. best belts since they belt is really nice, good quality and doesn't have to be broken in. inzer makes good belts as well, but most say they hurt initially to use until broken in.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #57 []---[]

throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Would a belt help if you can't valsalva? (Heart issues run in the family. I need to revisit the issue with my doc.) I just tried faking it with a back brace and some body weight squats and I feel like I could brace myself against the brace without holding my breath but I'm not sure if that'd be the case in practice.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by throwaway3441 View Post
    Would a belt help if you can't valsalva? (Heart issues run in the family. I need to revisit the issue with my doc.) I just tried faking it with a back brace and some body weight squats and I feel like I could brace myself against the brace without holding my breath but I'm not sure if that'd be the case in practice.
    Valsalva or not your heart rate is going to go up, a lot. If you have some sort of congenital defect this couls be a problem. If you are just talking about the usual high blood pressure well.....

You will need some method to tighten your core or you are going to hurt your back.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by throwaway3441 View Post
    $100 says you can valsalva without issue.

It's a normal human function, and you do it subconsciously any time you do real work. Most people just have to be told how to do it when they lift because of all the bro-science about breathing in on the eccentric and out on the concentric.

But no, a belt doesn't really do anything without a valsalva. Re-read the section in the original post that covers hoop tension.

throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks guys!

Before I was worried about high blood pressure but today it measured normal for the first time in a long time. Now I need to see my doc because it was recently discovered that my mother and her mother have aortic aneurysms and I'm not sure what that means for me. Hopefully he gives me the nod to keep training and I'll ask him about the valsalva then.

ExEctomorph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExEctomorph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExEctomorph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExEctomorph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExEctomorph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExEctomorph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExEctomorph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExEctomorph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExEctomorph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExEctomorph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ExEctomorph has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sorry to bump an old thread but I thought I'd comment on Inzer's infamous customer service from a most recent order and what to expect coming into 2015 (I believe they may have improved ever so slightly over the years).

What I ordered:
    10mm Single Pronged - Lime Green - Large

Placing the order:

1. On the Inzer site they have a table/images/column showing you the colours they offer and what they look like. For some unknown reason, not all the colours are displayed e.g. lime green. However, when placing the order and selecting the colour option, you will see a greater variety of options available. My advice: read through the options and search on google to see what they look like. They have more options than you think!

2. The shipping cost. The belt costs $89 which I find very reasonable but the shipping to Australia is $129...I'm not sure why it's that high as it should only cost between $30-$50 to ship that distance. If you're purchasing from Australia, my advice is to use a forwarding address (e.g. comgateway which is free), have Inzer ship it to that address and then use the forwarding address to ship it to Australia. Comgateway has quoted be $35 but I'm expecting it to be around $50. However, I only recommend this if you're getting a custom belt. There are some distributors in Australia that sell the black, blue and red colours for around $160.

After placing the order:

1. I was very pleased to receive an order completed email even though I didn't really know what it meant. I was, however, confused as to why my bank account wasn't charged (and still hasn't been charged). Basically, that email means nothing...it's the only automatically generated form of communication you will ever have with Inzer and it just means they've received your order. It isn't confirmation that the belt is in production and it doesn't provide you with any estimate of when it will be ready to ship. To find all of this out, you will have to call (not email) Inzer.

Contacting Inzer:

1. After receiving the order "completed" email I sent four different emails to Inzer asking (a) Why hadn't I been charged?, (b) Was the belt now in production?, and (c) Should I still expect to wait 4-6 weeks for it to be shipped? On the fourth email they replied stating that it would still be 4-6 weeks and that it was in production. This email, however, wasn't specifically addressed to me. It was a template that the sales department sends out to questions they (or the support department) receive. As a result of this, I decided to call inzer.

2. Calling Inzer from Australia wasn't as bad as some have expressed in other threads and articles. I was told by the automated voice that I would be speaking to a customer service rep within "1 minute". This was repeated numerous times over a period of half an hour...I did eventually come into contact with a very helpful lady who was able to provide me with not only confirmation that my belt was in production but also told me when they started producing it and when it should be finished. She also explained that Inzer charges the customer when the entire order is ready to ship. Thus I'll be charged when the belt is completed (even thought the wrist wraps I ordered with it are in stock and ready to go - makes sense). My advice: place your order over the phone (not online). This will remove any worry or confusion that you'll face. Furthermore, if you do need to contact them, make sure it's over the phone and not via email or mail. The staff are actually very helpful!

Obtaining a tracking number:

What I found very odd is that you will have to contact Inzer and ask them for a tracking number. For some reason this isn't something they automatically send out after they have shipped the order...

---

Unfortunately I can't provide any feedback or details regarding the belt itself as it still hasn't arrived. I'm hoping there aren't any issues with it has been and will be a pain in the ass getting it to me (and back if I need to).

I have also ordered a black lever belt from Inzer and they have charged my account which means it has been shipped. It should hit my forwarding address over the next two to three days. I've made the decision to keep it there until they have also completed and shipped the lime green belt so that I can send them both to Australia together and thus save a bit of money. I'm hoping the exchange rate doesn't get any lower as the longer it takes, the more it'll potentially cost me.

I'll write up a review both here and on my blog/website when they both arrive and the logic behind why I've decided to order both of them.

I also wanted to thank both OP and everyone else in this thread as you've all provided some incredible information which I struggled to find elsewhere. Thank you guys so much <3.
    Conjugate Method Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167495971

My Blog: https://thepowerliftingjourney.wordpress.com/

SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So I am in the market for a belt. I have used leather tapered ones, as well as the harbinger velcro ones. I really prefer the velcro since it doesn't dig into my sides. I am 5'2 and after reading this I think I will just go with a 3" belt. I'll most likely go with a "best belt" but I am curious if there are other options out there for 3" and maybe velcro?

Thanks

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Spud

bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    cmarti, great guide... the only thing I wish I had read more about is single prong vs lever...
    USAPL RAW Competitor
    >500/>300/>600

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #25 ▪[M]====[6]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #100 []---[]

KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bobcat255 View Post
    cmarti, great guide... the only thing I wish I had read more about is single prong vs lever...
    About 3 years ago, I ordered a 10 mm lever from Inzer. I outgrew it (re: got fat) but went with a single prong this time. While the lever makes getting the belt on and off a lot easier, I didn't like the "overlap" between the two ends. It became more uncomfortable as I had to place the lever toward the end of the belt as my waist got bigger. Single prong is more comfortable and after a little bit of breaking in, no problems getting it on and off

I know that makes me sound like a wuss but I can tolerate a thick belt hitting my ribs....my first belt in the early 90's was a 13 mm double prong and I had no idea about the valsava back then so use to crank it on as tight as possible...some very funny moments trying to get it off (in retrospect anyway, hyperventilating from panicking not so funny at the time)...but there was something about the "jagged" edge of the lever belt where the ends meet of the lever belt that I hated (plus levers are known to break, buckles less so)

bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KoolDJVader View Post
    About 3 years ago, I ordered a 10 mm lever from Inzer. I outgrew it (re: got fat) but went with a single prong this time. While the lever makes getting the belt on and off a lot easier, I didn't like the "overlap" between the two ends. It became more uncomfortable as I had to place the lever toward the end of the belt as my waist got bigger. Single prong is more comfortable and after a little bit of breaking in, no problems getting it on and off

I know that makes me sound like a wuss but I can tolerate a thick belt hitting my ribs....my first belt in the early 90's was a 13 mm double prong and I had no idea about the valsava back then so use to crank it on as tight as possible...some very funny moments trying to get it off (in retrospect anyway, hyperventilating from panicking not so funny at the time)...but there was something about the "jagged" edge of the lever belt where the ends meet of the lever belt that I hated (plus levers are known to break, buckles less so)
    Thanks for your opinion, repped.

To be honest, my biggest worry isn't the comfort factor, it's that these buckles can either get undone or break.

Here's a simple example with a Titan Toro that scares me:

I've heard about this problem with all the belt manufacturers though, it's just the design, there's no clip (similar to LockJaws for example) which hold the lever in place. It's held there with tension. I've also read about a number of these levers breaking.... all brands and not necessarily with the heaviest of weights.

Having said that, I don't know how statistically significant these issues are. Additionally, when I lift I like to tighten it up right before the lift and loosen it right after. Doing so with a buckle belt would probably piss me off too much. Thus the dilemma!
    USAPL RAW Competitor
    >500/>300/>600

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #25 ▪[M]====[6]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #100 []---[]

BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does anyone have any experience with EliteFTS belts? Ive tried searching but can't find anything about them.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigDog00 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with EliteFTS belts? Ive tried searching but can't find anything about them.
    I can't recall anyone saying they have. But I know they won't be up to standard with the belts listed on page 1.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BigDog00 View Post
    I have the 13mm P2 Lever Belt and love it. I can't imagine it differs too significantly from the 13mm Inzer lever belt, which is reviewed on the first page of this thread.

joel22484 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joel22484 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joel22484 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joel22484 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joel22484 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joel22484 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joel22484 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joel22484 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joel22484 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joel22484 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joel22484 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Really good and helpful thread! I've been using one that my dad passed down to me, but pretty sure it's thinner than 10mm. It's lasted forever and done great from what I can tell, but now I'm definitely interested in trying a higher quality belt. Thanks for the write up.

Goof loving Jared HockeyBacon18's Avatar
    HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thoughts on the schiek competition belt offered by bodybuilding.com?
    Keep mod discussions out of your sig line

Misc 2018 and 2019 NFL Pick Em Champion- Better luck next year fellas

Resident miscer for the Super Bowl 57 CHAMPION LA Rams.

My review of General Leathercraft belts. Cliff's notes - I'd get them over a Titan, but not over an Inzer or Best Belt.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1354307321

Originally Posted by cmarti063 View Post
    My review of General Leathercraft belts. Cliff's notes - I'd get them over a Titan, but not over an Inzer or Best Belt.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1354307321
    Updated the review thread- I am raising my ranking of GLC. If you want something besides plain suede or if you want the most supportive belt on the market, consider them. In fact, Lillibridge was wearing their belt when he set the world record squat last week...

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So I started a program that recommended the use of a belt for a few max squat days. I went to order a BestBelt but they were not taking orders at this time, nor did they respond to my email requesting an ETA on the about when they would be taking orders again. Bummer, but I do plan to get a 2.5" or 3" BestBelt in the future though for deadlifting and heavy oly lifts.

Anyways, I picked up a Rogue Ohio Lifting Belt since the "medium" was right in my wheelhouse, and the appeal of having it to my door in 3 days was nice. On their site, the medium is listed at 27"-34." I measured to be a 31" around where I needed it (I am 5'7", 149 lbs currently). I received the belt and I am using hole number 5 out of 10. It feels great and the leather sure is purdy. It really required zero break-in. Stitching has no issues and the buckle is seamless. I measured the thickness and it is spot on at 10mm thick. Belt is made in the U.S.A. I'll try to take some photos and add to this thread in the next few days. I've never used a belt before.. and I PR'd my back squat (255) & my front squat (205) each by 30# in the first week. Pretty cool. Love the belt. I did try to deadlift in it and being 5'7", it just seemed too wide for me (belt is 4" wide).
    Last edited by thejosef; 04-27-2015 at 02:40 PM.
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello guys, could you please post or PM a picture of your abdomen after a workout using a belt? I'm specifically interested by any bruising/markings/redness on the skin, and particularly by those using prongs.
    []----[] Do You Even Lift? crew []----[]

Workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167229251

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EctoPhil View Post
    Hello guys, could you please post or PM a picture of your abdomen after a workout using a belt? I'm specifically interested by any bruising/markings/redness on the skin, and particularly by those using prongs.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoPhil will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Right, right - though if I only wanted to see half-naked dudes I'm confident the Internet would provide

I've identified a design flaw in all the belts listed in the OP and would like to see if it has any effect on the body before committing to making the ultimate powerlifting belt.
    []----[] Do You Even Lift? crew []----[]

Workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167229251

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    oh do tell
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

pioneerfit2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pioneerfit2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pioneerfit2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pioneerfit2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pioneerfit2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pioneerfit2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pioneerfit2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pioneerfit2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pioneerfit2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pioneerfit2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pioneerfit2014 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys,

My name is Matt and I am the President of General Leathercraft Mfg. I just wanted to post on here to let anyone know if they have any questions about anything accessory related I will be glad to answer them to the best of my ability. Just post on here or email me at Matt@generalleathercraft.com. Look forward to hearing from you guys!

Matt

dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Glad to have you on the forum Matt.
    ▪[[────]]▪ York Barbell Club #65 ▪[[────]]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #65 []---[]
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #3 ▪[M]===[6]▪
    ─</>─<\>─ BWTG Cluster #65 ─</>─<\>─
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #65 ||---|| ▪█────█▪ Equipment Crew #74 ▪█────█▪

Sig line is not a novel.

KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pioneerfit2014 View Post
    Hey guys,

My name is Matt and I am the President of General Leathercraft Mfg. I just wanted to post on here to let anyone know if they have any questions about anything accessory related I will be glad to answer them to the best of my ability. Just post on here or email me at Matt@generalleathercraft.com. Look forward to hearing from you guys!

Matt
    Hi Matt,

I have what is likely a silly question but I noticed you offer belts with either a tapered tongue or rounded tongue. I'm wondering if this is simply aesthetics or there's any functional advantage to either/or (the tapered seems easier to pull tight).

Anyway, I love perusing through your Instagram. Lots of cool designs

Originally Posted by KoolDJVader View Post
    Hi Matt,

I have what is likely a silly question but I noticed you offer belts with either a tapered tongue or rounded tongue. I'm wondering if this is simply aesthetics or there's any functional advantage to either/or (the tapered seems easier to pull tight).

Anyway, I love perusing through your Instagram. Lots of cool designs
    I find the tapered tongue easier to get through the belt loop.