Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Skinny fat 2 month progress

Ok so I just quit smoking about 3 months ago and figured it was about time to get back into some sort of shape... Looked at myself in the mirror and said YUK... Was leading a sedentary lifestyle and became a friggin couch potato...

Started lifting 5 days a week now... Doing a (Pull - Push - Legs - Off - Pull - Push - Off) routine... Yeah, legs are only one day a week but that's about as much as I can handle right now...

I keep seeing people asking when they are skinny fat, should I cut of bulk... Hell, I just upped my protein intake and cut out ALL junk food. I eat Almonds now as a snack and drink a crap ton of water... No clue what my calorie intake is at the moment but I am trying to get somewhere around 200 grams of protein a day... I figure everything else will fall in line if I keep eating clean.

Supplements... Taking dat der Creatine, Whey and Casein
    Attached Images

Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great progress for 2 months... your shoulder:waist ratio looks completely different now, keep it up.

Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trijicon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks... I think muscle memory helped come in to play a bit... I used to be in some sort of shape in my late teens to early 20's but let it all go to hell... Life got in the way... It's now been about 20 years since I have lifted and it feels good to be under the bar again.

WaylandC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaylandC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaylandC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good stuff man. Keep updating. You're going to be shredded in time for the peak of summer at this rate.

kellen101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kellen101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kellen101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kellen101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kellen101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kellen101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kellen101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kellen101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kellen101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kellen101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kellen101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You look like u gained a whole lotta muscle and
    Leaned out. Has to be muscle memory, your doing great with your routine and diet keep it up

Thanks man... Not sure how 'shredded' I want to get... I started out at 209lbs... Not sure what my weight is now, I weighed myself at the vets when I took my dogs in on 2-18 (lol) and don't have a scale in the house... I have been strictly going off the mirror. I may pick up a scale this weekend to keep track... I actually like keeping a bit of weight on tho because when I was skinny as a kid I felt like a stiff wind would blow me away so I got that mental thing to battle with getting too cut up... Although it looks like I got an "Ab" starting to show through somewhat (lol) ... I do train abs 2 - 3 times a week however.

I am eating ALOT still (but clean) and figured I didn't want to 'cut' when I had no mass to speak of and would rather try to build some muscle because muscle does burn more calories at rest.

Doing cardio 2 time a week on a stationary bike for 20 min sessions first three mins at a warm up pace and then one min burst high output sprint intervals until I get to that 20 mins... Figure since I quit smoking I should try to give my heart a workout as well.

Originally Posted by kellen101 View Post
    You look like u gained a whole lotta muscle and
    Leaned out. Has to be muscle memory, your doing great with your routine and diet keep it up
    Thanks, it's all dumbbell / EZ bar work to this point... I have a poverty bench, a EZ bar and dumbells up to 75's in my garage right now... Will get more dumbells here soon though... Almost to the point where I need up to 100's here soon... Once I can press my DB's for reps of 20 I up the weight 10lbs and continue with the next weight until I get to 5 sets of 20 reps. I'm getting old so I like the higher rep routines because it gives my joints time to catch up before I up the weight.

sanchito39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldn't categorize you as skinny fat but as others have said, for 2 months, you've changed quite dramatically and I am happy for your improvements. Keep on going!

WaylandC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaylandC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaylandC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The leaner you get, the bigger you'll appear. Don't fear the abs man!

OP is probably a phaggot yepimonfire's Avatar
    yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Trijicon View Post
    Ok so I just quit smoking about 3 months ago and figured it was about time to get back into some sort of shape... Looked at myself in the mirror and said YUK... Was leading a sedentary lifestyle and became a friggin couch potato...

Started lifting 5 days a week now... Doing a (Pull - Push - Legs - Off - Pull - Push - Off) routine... Yeah, legs are only one day a week but that's about as much as I can handle right now...

I keep seeing people asking when they are skinny fat, should I cut of bulk... Hell, I just upped my protein intake and cut out ALL junk food. I eat Almonds now as a snack and drink a crap ton of water... No clue what my calorie intake is at the moment but I am trying to get somewhere around 200 grams of protein a day... I figure everything else will fall in line if I keep eating clean.

You are not skinny fat at all.

Thanks for the replies... As far as abs go I hit them at least 2x a week and sometimes 3 now and I do oblique (flex and holds) as I am sitting at my desk at work through out the day.

As far as the title of thread and my thinking of 'skinny fat' ... That is how I thought of myself in the before picture... Was skinny arms, shoulders, legs, no traps and a pudgy flabby chest (man boobs) with a stomach that looked like it was about to pop at any minute (lol) ... I had no definition and was as straight as a board from the front with no contour...

If not 'skinny fat' then what was my before?... Just a fat lard?

Ls1leadfoot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ls1leadfoot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ls1leadfoot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ls1leadfoot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ls1leadfoot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ls1leadfoot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ls1leadfoot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ls1leadfoot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ls1leadfoot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ls1leadfoot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ls1leadfoot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is proof of muscle memory, you can tell even in your first pic that you used to be solid. And congrats for sure on quitting smoking man!!!!! That's harder than any of the work you did in the gym/garage lol

Like others said, peak of summer your gonna be like f*ck a t shirt lol
    Good job man

Originally Posted by Ls1leadfoot View Post
    This is proof of muscle memory, you can tell even in your first pic that you used to be solid. And congrats for sure on quitting smoking man!!!!! That's harder than any of the work you did in the gym/garage lol

Like others said, peak of summer your gonna be like f*ck a t shirt lol
    Good job man
    Thanks!.... Yeah, It took me about 3 months to ween myself off the smokes... I cut back by one to two a week until I was down to 2-3 a day and then one day I was like WTF am I still smoking only two a day? Screw that!... And started on 2mg lozenges... I take about 3-4 of those a day and am starting to slowly cut back on those now as well.

Hope to put up another progress pic in about another month... I don't notice too much of a change since the one in April now but in another month maybe the abs will be a bit more noticeable...

moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Trijicon View Post

First, Congratulations on your transformation, and welcome to the lifting community...Very well done

In my humble opinion, you have enough mass at this point to start cutting...

Try looking into Intermittent Fasting, as I've gone from 19% bodyfat to 15%, WHILE keeping my overall weight (which means I've gained muscles as well)

Happy Training
    I don't workout to be fit...

I workout because I REFUSE to remain AVERAGE !!!
    I workout because I REFUSE to be just like everybody else !!!

Make it Happen !!!

I think I may add another 20 min cardio session in during the week but I don't want to cut just yet... Only been at it for going on 3 months now and I want to take advantage of the NuB gains / muscle memory while I can after the 20+ years of not lifting.

Will get a scale this weekend so I can monitor my progress more accurately, curious where I am at right now...

No clue at my BF% either but I would guess in the 20% range somewhere...