Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    andrewboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry BodySpace workout tracking is completely broken - Website and Android App

Really like the full feature set, but to track workouts is imposible. It is full of bugs. Was entering details today via website and can see that the reps and weights are now gone! Worse is with android app, imposible to save the workouts. Please please improve!!!

hlwk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hlwk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that found the Bodyspace update extremely frustrating. I spent 30 mins at the gym this morning trying to figure out how to manually track a workout from a program. Is there any way to revert back to the old setup? That was so much more user friendly.

sandersd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just joined a week ago. I set up my workouts and so far have tried to track three but the browser (Safari) keeps freezing and blowing me out of the tracking. The first I had to reopen the tracking to continue. The second kept blowing me out so I gave up. The third workout I entered the wt and reps for the first 3 sets and the Details would not close and the details for the other exercises would not open. Likewise the iPhone app screen freezes randomly for 15 seconds or so.

The whole setup here on Bodyspace is absolutely fantastic - if it works. I hope Bodyspace can get the bugs worked out soon because I'm excited to have found this site and the tools it offers. I use a Mac but I can use a W8 laptop if it offers more reliable tracking.

stephentiek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mine is always a day off. even when i enter the correct date and time is still is one off.

MxPxP86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Same for me. Was working OK for me up till 5/23 or so on my smartphone (Nokia Lumia 521 w WP8.1), so no app was using mobile/low bandwidth option. I can track but now it DOESN'T SAVE MY WORKOUT. Also, can't use the left menu options, the workout calendar registers my upcoming workout 50/50 of the time. What gives? Stability, please!

anonymous
    When reporting problems, send site feedback: http://www.bodybuilding.com/help/feedback?type=feedback

MxPxP86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks, sent it in. Hopefully gets figured out. I like it, and it's free, but it has to work if it's going to be useful. Hopefully they get the glitches worked out.

Cheers

anonymous
    It's always a work in progress. They really do appreciate the feedback though, that helps them determine problem areas.

vivtheraiden will become famous soon enough. (+50) vivtheraiden will become famous soon enough. (+50) vivtheraiden will become famous soon enough. (+50) vivtheraiden will become famous soon enough. (+50) vivtheraiden will become famous soon enough. (+50) vivtheraiden will become famous soon enough. (+50) vivtheraiden will become famous soon enough. (+50) vivtheraiden will become famous soon enough. (+50) vivtheraiden will become famous soon enough. (+50) vivtheraiden will become famous soon enough. (+50) vivtheraiden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Android app was great at the start say like 3 months back but last month it gave me a headache, full of bugs, its showing me all my old templates, not updating anything and very slow, I completely removed it now, wish you guys could sort that out and give us the best android app again.
    Work, Work out and Sleep.

Romulet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The app keeps coming up saying my workout is not done even tho I have completed it. It does not sync with the website. I have to put it on the site and the app. Even the website doesn't show me on what I have done. I have put all my info on the site and it still says the workouts that I have to do that day, which it should say I have completed it. I must have entered my info in there like 5 times. It still shows up that I still have to do it. Completely broken.
    Here we go again. Going to do it this time, Got a wedding coming up, need to look good for my Woman.

2/20/10: 250lbs
    2/27/10:

obcity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ya I'm having serious issues with it. Whats the point in having all these features if they don't work? I would prefer a basic and working profile than a completely unusable fancy one. No point in using it really, its completely useless to me. I'll just track my exercises the old fashioned way by writing them down on a piece of paper

jetic is just really nice. (+1000) jetic is just really nice. (+1000) jetic is just really nice. (+1000) jetic is just really nice. (+1000) jetic is just really nice. (+1000) jetic is just really nice. (+1000) jetic is just really nice. (+1000) jetic is just really nice. (+1000) jetic is just really nice. (+1000) jetic is just really nice. (+1000) jetic is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes, it is of course not the idea for people to track with paper and pen - in a time where the computer technique is far enough to track the workouts electronically with all the advantages (history, progress, sharing, motivation etc).

But it seems to be more difficult than expected. Bodybuilding.com uses a complicated PHP method which does not seem to be optimal (also my experience: often crashes or freezes, numbers are wrongly converted (in case you use kilograms), numbers are deleted, exercise search takes minutes to show up, pop-ups appear which hinder the usage of the smartphone view.... a lot of small things which frustrate).

We do not want to write a bug-report for every small experience... Also, we do not want to resign this bodyspace, since the idea of it is really great.

At the moment, I solved tracking for me like this:

I do a 3-split workout. At home with a computer with two screens, I created three workout templates (Chest+Triceps, Back+Biceps, and Legs+Core). To each template, I added approx 20-30 exercises, which I usually do at all. On the PC, I can also add "own exercises" which I created, which is not possible on the smartphone tracker - again a bug. This process took me hours (Exercise browsing is a mess and takes time. One can only add one exercise at a time. Reordering exercises takes ages, etc).

But now, I can track on the fly "using a saved template" with my iPhone, and then track the 6-10 exercises of the template which I want to do today, and just delete the other 20 which I do not want to do today. This is much faster than always track "without using a template", since then, I would have to browse through all exercises again and again. BB.com could easily sort the exercise by my "last time tracked", but they do not offer that.

This solution with my templates works quite well, so far.

Macrobolic2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stephentiek View Post
    mine is always a day off. even when i enter the correct date and time is still is one off.
    This is still happening. Been going on for months.

Also, cannot track workouts from a program and show the workout as having been tracked on the program. I have tried this several different ways and none work. Just a little bug, but frustrating nonetheless.
    Attached Images

phone789 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Android app was great at the start say like 3 months back but last month it gave me a headache, full of bugs, its showing me all my old templates, not updating anything and very slow, I completely removed it now, wish you guys could sort that out and give us the best android app again.

lelunastar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just handwrite my progress in my fitness journal. The tracking here is TERRIBLE and lol...it's 2016 and the error still exists. I chatted with 4 different people on the customer service and the problem still persist. So I give up tracking ANYTHING on this website. Now I only use this website for forums and workout program info. Yeah it's not worth wasting time figuring this out.

curi83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The Ios app is also having a lot of problems and this since i used id for the first time knths ago. Finished workout in the calender does not show as done so you need always to figure out where you are and which workout you need to do...

Location: DUBAI AE (currently), DUBAI (currently), United Arab Emirates
    streak987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow. so many people... i thought there was something wrong with my PC but it turns out its with the website.. i too cant update or publish my workouts its frustrating

ma2580us has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I cant "Like" any workouts/pictures/comments on my Dashboard. Webpage scrolls to the top of the screen Chrome and Edge ... WTF????

ChiWho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tracking is still messed up.. I was 70% through a workout and clicked 'save and continue later' but when I reloaded the workout the app started me from the total begging completely wiping out all my previously manually entered lifted weights and sets.

Lol.. I now completed 3 workouts of 24 sets each with all the weights manually entered. Yet the app says I have only done one and shows: Weight Lifted: 0 KG

A great idea but hardly functional. I think I'll stick to pen and paper.
    Last edited by ChiWho; 10-18-2016 at 04:39 AM.

sbnewsom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is so much broken. When I create my own workout, most of the time the settings don't save. If I had reps or change th e style, it doens't save at all. So when I work out, I'm working with "0 reps" instead of the guidelines I specified so I don't have to keep it all memorized.

If that wasn't annoying enough, if I open the iOS app, track a workout and select saved templates, it displays a list of duplicate templates. If I don't change the name of the template when I edit it, it'll all have the same name, so its hard to tell which template was the recently updated one.

Its frustrating as hell and needs to be fixed!

liisa94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I found with the iOS app, it has something to do with a time setting. When I tried recording at 4:30pm PT, it was recording technically as the next day. But when I set my time back to about 8:30am it was properly tracking. I don't know where the time difference starts for pacific time but that's been my fix. A little annoying but it's properly tracking at least

andys089 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Updated the app to the latest. Now the app just freezes.

amuse1312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can you please fix this app. You keep updating your website but cant hire someone to fix a simple tracking app.

raymond91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    App is not functioning properly for me. Neither is the website. Unable to properly input a program into my calendar. Nor am I able to properly track my workouts.... I'm sure people are complaining. I would like to see some type of update from them at least.

kreepingdeath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by raymond91 View Post
    App is not functioning properly for me. Neither is the website. Unable to properly input a program into my calendar. Nor am I able to properly track my workouts.... I'm sure people are complaining. I would like to see some type of update from them at least.
    I agree. Both a workout partner and I have noticed that right after the last update to app and website, all of our current program and program history data has been lost. We were 8 weeks into a 12 week program, and unfortunately, when I go back and add the program with a historic start date (8 weeks ago) it applies the start of the program as today. Because this affects both the Android app and the Bodybuilding.com website - I'd suspect that the issue is database related...

sigh... This is very disappointing - I've been using bodyspace daily for a whole year - this is the first time it has really been a major issue. I'm hoping we at least see acknowledgement of the problem with some feedback - ideally a fix.

JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JaymzJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The first time I tried it was also the last time and that was a while ago, did not work good at all, something similar happened to me, if they haven't fixed it by now I wouldn't count on it changing anytime soon
    ~Chill Crew~ (⌐■_■)
    Grateful family member checking in ‎ シ ♡
    Be the reason someone smiles today

Fight the good fight every moment
    Every minute, every day
    Fight the good fight every moment
    It's your only way -Triumph

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Technical issues are not the responsibility of forum moderators. An engineering group oversees the nuts-and-bolts of forum/BodySpace issues, as the sticky thread at the top of this forum states.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=163145051
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ammaarem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tried adding a new program to my bodyspace once I was done with my previous one. When I select a date on my body calendar to start the new particular workout program, the date skips to the following day.

sowande0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sowande0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sowande0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sowande0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sowande0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Technical issues are not the responsibility of forum moderators. An engineering group oversees the nuts-and-bolts of forum/BodySpace issues, as the sticky thread at the top of this forum states.
    People understand that but this problem isn't getting any attention from "engineering" so this is the only place anyone is getting any visibility. Where do you go when no one listens? Straight to the forums. Maybe pass it up the chain. You're a moderator, they might actually listen to you if YOU raise it as something people keep posting about in the forums.

archanasheth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My bodycalendar is showing 22 workouts planned for yesterday. Anyone know how to fix that?