Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When do they talk?!!

She has begun to dance. Its friggin cute.

I am crippled up still. I am not sure why certain leg days do this to me? I had done one that I didn't log, expecting hell the next day, and I was fine. Wth?

I plan to do upper body today- so we can be full crippled for the weekend
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    WG lat pull down 75# 4x10
    ss
    Cable V-bar row #75 4x10

Back ext
    3 x10

Flat DB press 30# 4x10
    ss
    DB bicep curls

DB OH tri ext
    ss
    Flat DB fly

10 min cardio
    "Choice is ours whether

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice work serine.... Hope you have a great weekend
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

Originally Posted by wishiwasdivin View Post
    Nice work serine.... Hope you have a great weekend
    I am so SORE!!! I forgot how it felt to be a noob....and now have a renewed sense of compassion haha!!

Great weekend! Muchly needed day of grocery shopping, bill paying, family hike in the woods, and just relaxing at home.....its simple, yet so perfect.
    "Choice is ours whether

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am loving the pictures you are posting on IG. The BW are so lovely. The hat Baby Z had on was so cute. I hear you on being sore. I just started downing pull downs and i feel it in my back..
    You guys have a great Sunday...
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    I am loving the pictures you are posting on IG. The BW are so lovely. The hat Baby Z had on was so cute. I hear you on being sore. I just started downing pull downs and i feel it in my back..
    You guys have a great Sunday...
    The B&W were a 'challenge'...not sure why its a challenge, but I love B&W so I played along. I would have tagged you, but I know you don't post there much.

The hat cracks me up! Its one that she will leave on her head- its really fluffy and soft inside. Thanks for following along

I made E workout last night, so he is sore now too hahahaha! We are quite the pair!

Hope you have a lovely Sunday as well!
    "Choice is ours whether

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's true i don't post much on IG ..i am not that creative and i hate taking pictures of myself,my workouts,my meals,my daughter is twenty-six so i really think she would have a problem with me taking pics of her and posting them..and Lilly sees the phone and runs..
    I mostly follow interesting people..people who take nice pictures..workout stuff..dogs that like to have picture taken..

Poor E..Steve was so sore after helping his mom move he had to take some time off from the gym..I told him if he had worked out more before he would have been ok for the move...lol
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Okay- so I think I may actually be on the verge or injury with my pec/shoulder...its so tight and so sore still...I am struggling to function!

No point in doing legs as intended, rather I am doing BW squats for some cardio.

Took full body 'before' pics - a friend and I are going to do a month sans sugar, wheat, and dairy...to reset our bodies.
    I wasn't thrilled with the pics, but it wasn't horrible...nothing a little discipline cant fix.
    "Choice is ours whether

With a little nudge from E I went to the gym anyway.

So 80 bw squats (10x8reps)
    4x 12-10 hamstring curl machine
    4x 12-15 alt toe angle quad ext
    4x 12-15 leg press feet close together and high

15 min on bike

Not what I wanted to do- but I literally couldn't lift a 45# plate if I wanted to...

It must have been National Bodybuilder day at my gym because I swear every one was buff as hell and I felt a little pissed off that I was not as buff. Damn you wine and sugar!!!!!!
    "Choice is ours whether

I feel you on the wine and sugar..if it wasn't for sweets i would have no problem with my diet..
    Your workouts are looking good
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

^ I am getting anxious about my diet clean up...Jan is creeping up & I know my friend means business!

This week has been nuts - and not in the good way. I am ready for this holiday to be over...it stresses me out.
    My TMJ is acting up, and I am having a hard time chewing...

Last night I had to watch my uncles kids (last min, which stresses me out even more!!)...leaving me with a total of 3 non adults under my care....omg...insanity!!! He gave me an hour window...and told me I sounded 'freaked out'...well, yeah, I do have plans, and you are just going to have to give me a second to process this request & rearrange my day! I answered the phone, so youre welcome

I am tried of making excuses, but I will say I have only had 1 workout this week. It is what it is.
    I feel really flabby and flat assed... and know that I am not doing ish to change it.

On the good side, I have full range of motion in my upper body again....oi
    "Choice is ours whether

^hahaha! Sucker! I LOVE when I can talk myself into going to the gym against my will!!!

Deadlifts
    3 warm up sets
    3 working sets x7 x5 x5 @ 115#

Incline Plate Loaded Leg Press
    70 x 225# in sets of 10 reps (more for hr elevation in between festivities)

Hamstring Curl
    3 x10

Bent over BB rows
    3 x10 @ 45#

WG lat pull down
    some weird kg weight 3 x10 reps

DB shoulder press
    15# for 3 x10

Could have done more...but felt it was enough....

ran to car in parking lot and felt a tweak in my leg... ol lady is old.

So there. I win the battle with my lazy ID.
    "Choice is ours whether

So I am pondering if it is wise to do chest work tonight. I think I may have actually injured the poor muscles last go...getting older blows.

I could do legs again, but I don't want to over train....seeing as my body isn't
    bouncing back' as fast as muscle memory should.

Could be dehydration, lack of sleep, lack of iron...who knows for sure...but there are several factors I cannot control. Sleep is one of them.

I have found a good tonic to take. Its made from turmeric powder, fresh ginger, lemon, and honey...add boiling water and drink. Turmeric has fantastic anti inflammatory properties, and ,according to Chinese medicine, anti depressant capabilities. I will take what I can get - I actually felt good after taking it. Tastes a bit like dirt...spicy dirt....eh.

E and I ended up having just enough to get his family small gifts. Mostly booze, but something nonetheless. Phew. That was heavy on my mind.

I took down the majority of my decorations, weird, but they were driving me insane. Too much clutter!!! The tree is up..but I am sick of fighting Z off of it lol! After Christmas its gone!

I love when she falls asleep on me...that warm heaviness....E catches me staring at her... I cant help it...I study the curve of her eyes, the lashes that border them, the pinkness of her little lips that always have a hint of a smile, and the fullness of her cheeks...all surrounded by reddish brown curls...I love that little being, and give her all the positive energy I have.
    "Choice is ours whether

That post is the sweetest thing i have read in a long time. You are such a wonderful mother. It reminds me of when i am out sometimes and i see women and sometimes even men with their children..hugging them..just loving being a parent..sometimes it almost makes me cry because that is something i never had when i was young. The feeling of being loved or even wanted. Little Z is so lucky to have such wonderful parents.

I hope you and your family have a nice relaxing holiday..

Oh and i here you about the clutter..everything will be down Dec. 26th
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    That post is the sweetest thing i have read in a long time. You are such a wonderful mother. It reminds me of when i am out sometimes and i see women and sometimes even men with their children..hugging them..just loving being a parent..sometimes it almost makes me cry because that is something i never had when i was young. The feeling of being loved or even wanted. Little Z is so lucky to have such wonderful parents.

I hope you and your family have a nice relaxing holiday..

Oh and i here you about the clutter..everything will be down Dec. 26th
    That is really sad to hear. Every child deserves to feel that...
    I just feel lucky to be here with her in these early times...I know I was in childcare, and always felt a bit of disconnect and separation anxiety. You just don't get the 1:1 in day care...and I remember it always felt strange.

So far so good. I really thought I was going to struggle with the new role of mom...but I love it. I am still glad I waited.
    "Choice is ours whether

wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!!
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

You too Mr. Wish!!!
    "Choice is ours whether

De-stress workout

TRX hamstring curls 3x10
    ss
    Goblet Squats 3x10
    ss
    WG Lat pull downs 3x10

Tried a flat DB chest press....nope

DB shoulder press 3x10
    ss
    Back ext 2x10
    ss
    Rope weighted abs 2x15 (ouch)
    ss
    DB bicep curls 2 x10

Incline Leg Press 3 x10 feet high and close
    ss
    hanging knee raise x7
    ss
    Tricep pull downs 3x10
    ss
    V bar cable rows 3 x10

10 min incline walk on TM

Excessive to a point, but I don't know if the next two days will allow me to workout.

Thoughts:

Had some good talks with E. regarding relationships. He told me that the people I attracted back in the day were attracted to the person (energy) I was putting out back then, and that I had changed...and this changes relationships. Add in the kiddo, and it makes going out a lot more challenging.

The one place I do feel a belonging is at the gym. Today I stated to feel the old me come back, the woman I was afraid was dead....and it felt good.

I am also going to be a bridesmaid next year! This will be a lot of fun! She was my lab partner at college, and we ended up becoming friends. Its hard because she lives out of state now ( thanks military fiancé!) but I get to see her on the 1st!
    "Choice is ours whether

I cant remember if I mentioned the loss of my friend K a few months ago. We both were in treatment together for eating issues...but she was unable to break free from it, and never got the taste of recovery she very much deserved.

Thinking of her, I went through and found the e mail for my therapist there. I gave that woman no leeway, but knew she was a good soul - sort of a hippy in her dress, older, and while I didn't work with her - I did listen.

I wrote her to tell her of Z, and how she was a part of that process - and that I was thankful. She responded with the fact that she has my chalk drawing of her (mind you I did this when I was 17) up in her new office....and it really touched me that she would keep it.

Its just funny how we touch each others lives....and sometimes, even if were are not in them directly, their impact is no less.

With that I am feeling a bit nostalgic for the holidays my family used to have.

E is working a full day, and I am home with Z. It just feels empty and far too quiet. I am undoubtedly thankful for Z...but when I look back, there were so many people, so many treats...the house would rumble with conversations overlapping one another...my grandmothers cooking always smelled amazing, and tasted just as good. I remember the extensions we had to put on the tables to fit us all...

The when we would all gather to open gifts...it really felt warm and connected...

and I am searching for how I can make that connection again - I really crave it. I think Id like the role my grandma had....the matriarch...and make others feel that warmth.

Working on it.

With that...I am out.

Sort of..

No DOMS at all from yesterdays festivities..what gives?
    "Choice is ours whether

Just checking in serine, hope things are going good?
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

Originally Posted by wishiwasdivin View Post
    Just checking in serine, hope things are going good?
    Hey Wish!! I hope your recovery is going well? I will check in on you soon

I have been following Melissa Bender Fitness workouts. She is good for general fitness & isn't over the top perky haha.

Started training my aunt and her 2 sons 3x a week. We will see where this goes. Trying to get kids (12, 10) to squat is harder than I thought haha, but is helping me to verbalize (cue).

Other than that, Ive fallen into veggie gardening. Its totally and unexpected passion...the idea of growing lots of food, feeding us, and feeding others is beyond motivating. I am going with permaculture...companion planting...
    "Choice is ours whether

Serine it's good to see you back!

Training your ant an her 2 kids is cool.

I've been thinking about starting a garden
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

I still miss this place and what it was for me. SO much better than FB...

Dont know when it got so complicated?
    "Choice is ours whether

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    I still miss this place and what it was for me. SO much better than FB...

Dont know when it got so complicated?
    I see you, sereenie Wishing you the very best <3
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.