Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I know what you mean i feel a bit lame sometimes too. My workouts are very basic and light but they work for me. We are all different and have different goals. I think you are awesome
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Workout:
    35 min harbor walk pushing kiddo
    Using a 15# DB - Upper Body Wake Up
    2 x 10 bent over rows
    2 x 10 knee push ups
    1x 7/ 1x 5 over head shoulder press
    2 x10 tricep over head extension
    1x 5 each arm bicep cure + 1 x10 both arms on DB

Edit: second walk with hubs. Good times

*This actually has my muscles feeling fatigued. Its a good place to begin.

Positive thoughts:
    I am loving my walks with Lil Bit. I feel very lucky to be able to spend this much time with her. I continue to be respectful of my body & treat it well both mentally and physically.
    Last edited by serinebean; 05-21-2014 at 08:25 PM.
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by geek23ka View Post
    you just had a baby. you are in the learning curve of new motherhood. you are exactly where you should be for a healthy mind and body. oh man, i remember being where you are and i only got "down time" when little one was asleep, and that down time was clean up, cook, flop on chair and immediately fall asleep time. that you are doing this, too? mom super hero.
    I need cape, damnit! This is for both of us. Despite my mom having been morbidly obese, she started me out working out to Richard Simmons & this blond chick with short hair, and we ate really good meals together. I think its very important that I do the same with Lil Bit. I think it gets ingrained in our psyche when we are exposed at a really young age. All that resilience work I did...I think having a good base in physical activity helps build that, and stave off depression. *No I am not trying to make my daughter a science experiment lol!

Even being on here takes away from my clean time...but I tend to get a little over the top...and get mad at E for not putting the soap back in the same spot it came from :eyeroll: umm yeah.

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    I know what you mean i feel a bit lame sometimes too. My workouts are very basic and light but they work for me. We are all different and have different goals. I think you are awesome
    The key is to be active. Period. If I learned anything in college is that diet and exercise are the #1 medicine for just about everything.
    "Choice is ours whether

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I know what you mean i feel a bit lame sometimes too. My workouts are very basic and light but they work for me.
    Esh!
    You ladies do NOT have LAME workouts - you have workouts!! <--- you are mooooving and stretching and creating energy = GOOD
    Its good stuff
    Who says you need to be dead at the end of a session? Blah.. thats over-rated
    Point is to be healthy
    That you guys are

Whooop whooop - Happy Thursday Beans and Lil Bit !!

[slowly puts down pre-workout supps that seem to be causing massive energy flows ]

Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Megin View Post
    Esh!
    You ladies do NOT have LAME workouts - you have workouts!! <--- you are mooooving and stretching and creating energy = GOOD
    x2!! Come on!! lol.

Loving the 'positive thoughts' - please don't stop! That's so awesome. I need to stop and think about that everyday as well... it puts things in perspective.

Hope you have an awesome day Serine!
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by vanillabn View Post
    x2!! Come on!! lol.

Loving the 'positive thoughts' - please don't stop! That's so awesome. I need to stop and think about that everyday as well... it puts things in perspective.

I will second that..I have been having an off day. Trying to get my mojo working..

Hope your day is been better than mine
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Friend called and wanted to walk Chambers Bay. I forgot how to add a link into text (http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/c...ay-loop)...but its the most beautiful walk, with the most arse-kicking hill at the end. I don't care who you are, how fit you are, this hill will make you cry for mamma! Took an hour or so, but that hill make my lungs and bunz burn....oh yeah, I felt it!

I think that will be it for me today.

Its amazing, I spent 4.5 hrs doing 2 tasks today: dropping of my holster monitor, and going for a walk hahaha! Just did a mad dash house spiff up....but my motivation to do more is waning....but wait, whats for dinner

Positive thoughts:
    Decaf coffee on ice is amazing. It was good to be connected with a friend today, who has a LO too. I also have my mojo back - the hill, well, post hill drive home, made want to work out more. I was once scared that Id never want to workout again, but that fear has just been squashed. I win! lol.
    "Choice is ours whether

Whooop whooop - Happy Thursday Beans and Lil Bit !!

[slowly puts down pre-workout supps that seem to be causing massive energy flows ]

Put down the crack-juice and walk away lol!!!

Happy Thursday Meg Dizzle fizzle shizzle dizzle hizzle! (Think Gossip by Missy Eliot when you read that).

I like it too. It may seem silly, but I got asked to join a Happy Club on FB...I joined and found that no matter what kind of day or week I was having that focusing on happy things made it less horrible. Kind of mental skills training on myself, and it works. Its not sticking your head in the sand either, its just making the most out of what you've got...

I hope you had a great day too!

I will second that..I have been having an off day. Trying to get my mojo working..

Hope your day is been better than mine
    Sending happy vibes your way. ~~~~~~ Youre allowed an off day, Lord knows we all have them. Tomorrow is another day, and hopefully better. Maybe do a little extra yoga? I know Vinyasa style yoga really helped me. It was hard for me to let go and breathe...but it really has a powerful effect.
    "Choice is ours whether

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    whats this happy club? i need some of that.

Originally Posted by geek23ka View Post
    whats this happy club? i need some of that.
    I invited you
    "Choice is ours whether

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Maybe I missed it (sorry), but do you walk with the little one or is that your 'me' time?
    Just curious

Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Maybe I missed it (sorry), but do you walk with the little one or is that your 'me' time?
    Just curious

Youre a funny one. There is no 'me' time. I think in the past 13 weeks Ive had 5 car rides (2 long 3 short), & 1 shower on mothers day while E took lil one and got me ice cream.
    Happens when you are down all but 1 of your immediate family, and I only ask his wife for help when I have no other option. Then there is E's mom is 70 and lives 45 (on a good day) mins away.

If I could afford 5 kids, I would do it. My family feels a bit too small for my liking. We will start with this addition and see how that fares lol.

Today there is no nothing. I am really truly sore. Its raining...boo.

Positive Thoughts:
    I have been making some really good food as of late. I use a cheap base (potato, rice, beans) and add a high quality protein (farm eggs, org chicken/ turkey). Then I include two greens, kale, spinach into that dish...upped my good fats ->avocado, coconut oil, and olive oil. I feel better.
    I am thankful for the warm home I have, for the improvements we have made over the past 3 years, and am determined to continue on the path of improvement. I am able.
    "Choice is ours whether

I remember the no me time..I think that's why i love it so much now
    No really i know you would not trade it for anything in the world but a break is nice.
    I love your positive thoughts..i try to do that too everyday..be thankful for what i have because i know a lot of people don't..
    I saw your baby pics on FB..she is adorable
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    there is no nothing. I am really truly sore. Its raining...boo.
    HA! I still made a walk happen between downpours. Felt good.

Workout:
    25 min walk w/ 6 hill intervals.

*Its always the most rewarding when you go even when you don't want to. I needed it to clear my head. Closure, even communication, to a certain someone has me up in knots. I had asked for space, but now its just looming. Best to bite the bullet, say what I have to say, and see where the pieces fall.

That stupid adhesive from the halter-thingamabob left me with a horrible rash. Figures Id be allergic. When did my body become so sensitive?!

I remember the no me time..I think that's why i love it so much now
    No really i know you would not trade it for anything in the world but a break is nice.
    I love your positive thoughts..i try to do that too everyday..be thankful for what i have because i know a lot of people don't..
    I saw your baby pics on FB..she is adorable
    As for me time: I am 30 and just now starting the family. E and I had 11 years of marriage before we decided to have a baby. I think this is a bit odd for most couples? I am sure I will enjoy me time in the distant future...omg when I think about it . Yes, I really could use a few hours just to be, to clean up things that have been driving me nuts...I just don't see it happening. E is but a dude, and doesn't quite get it lol. Its interesting how the dynamics of our relationship have changed. Its really weird being 100% dependent, and scary/frustrating/unplanned...but many people have made due before, people do on less, and we too will make it. But when hes gone at work all day, comes home, uses the loo for 20 mins, and thinks he gets to go into his office he has another thing coming! lol!

She is super cute. Very active...omg.
    "Choice is ours whether

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Happens when you are down all but 1 of your immediate family, and I only ask his wife for help when I have no other option. Then there is E's mom is 70 and lives 45 (on a good day) mins away.
    Yeah, that's tough... I can imagine you don't get much 'me' time, haha. That's definitely crossed my mind when I think about when we have kids - my parents aren't very close, and hubby's parents are on the other side of the country... so we won't be able to just leave them with the grandparents or anything very often.

I don't think the 'happy club' is funny at all - that's awesome. Our mindset is super important and it's great to focus on the positives!
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

Yeah i was 21 when i had Brittany,her dad worked nights and slept during the day so i was on my own with her but i liked it that way. We have always been our own family. I won't get into all the drama but the marriage didn't last 5 years,we divorced,i got a job and took care of us until i met Steve. My parents were no help we don't speak,her dad disappeared until two years ago. Yes my life could be a Lifetime movie...lol..That's why when i meet people and they say Oh you don't work i am like i don't work now but i was mother and father for almost 17 years. So my time off was earned I hate how some people look down on you when you don't work outside the home.

You know sometimes i have the best workouts when i really did not feel like doing it in the first place.. How is the weather today.. It's so nice here..
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Yeah, that's tough... I can imagine you don't get much 'me' time, haha. That's definitely crossed my mind when I think about when we have kids - my parents aren't very close, and hubby's parents are on the other side of the country... so we won't be able to just leave them with the grandparents or anything very often.

I don't think the 'happy club' is funny at all - that's awesome. Our mindset is super important and it's great to focus on the positives!
    I don't think I considered who would watch her lol. I don't think I really 'got it' until after she was born. I do remember thinking that E's mom and dad were getting up there, and that I wanted her to know at least one set of grandparents...and that 30 was a good age to get going.

That's one thing I really wanted to do different with this journal...work on the mental aspect. Too easy for me to become self abusive and obsessive, and it never really got me anywhere. At least school paid off in that aspect, learning that what we think really does matter.

Yeah i was 21 when i had Brittany,her dad worked nights and slept during the day so i was on my own with her but i liked it that way. We have always been our own family. I won't get into all the drama but the marriage didn't last 5 years,we divorced,i got a job and took care of us until i met Steve. My parents were no help we don't speak,her dad disappeared until two years ago. Yes my life could be a Lifetime movie...lol..That's why when i meet people and they say Oh you don't work i am like i don't work now but i was mother and father for almost 17 years. So my time off was earned I hate how some people look down on you when you don't work outside the home.

You know sometimes i have the best workouts when i really did not feel like doing it in the first place.. How is the weather today.. It's so nice here..
    I really think single moms are the most incredible people out there (single dads too). I cant imagine going through this solo....nothing but respect to you.
    There is a lot of wisdom in digging into, and being content with being your own family unit. No sense in wishing for more. As far as people judging, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. I think a lot of the misplaced resentment comes from jealousy and misunderstanding. Kind of like the grass is always greener on the other side mentality. I have spent a lot of my life worrying about how I must appear to others...and its senseless. Its an amazing time in my life, when things aren't as crazy as they have been, things are happy, and I want to hang onto this as long as possible. I deserve this time, and you do too.

Weather was so so. Not bad for WA lol. Then again, if its too hot I have to run for cover. I overheat too fast these days
    "Choice is ours whether

Workout:
    I swear I have not rested all weekend. Its the only time I get to get things done!

Snuck in another upper body workout:
    With a band: bicep and shoulder press/curls, dips, knee push ups, db rows

*Lower body still feels off. Like my joints are wobbly & ache. Not sure how to improve this.
    "Choice is ours whether

Nice job sneaking in that workout It's funny how weekends always seem to fill up with stuff so fast! I always get busier than I planned on being...but you're right, it's the only time to fit stuff in...

What do you mean wobbly? Do you think it's your joints? I notice my legs feel almost stiff sometimes, like the bones rather than the muscle... it's so weird. I would have no idea what it's caused by or how to fix it. :/ Does it happen a lot?

I swear I have not rested all weekend. Its the only time I get to get things done!
    *looks left*

*looks right*

*looks at time stamp from last post*

Humm.. I wonder if you passed out from exhaustion yet?
    Nahhhhh

How are those achy joints feeling?
    Still bugging you?

I hope you are feeling better..my knees hurt from time to time..do you take any supplements for your joints..
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Nice job sneaking in that workout : It's funny how weekends always seem to fill up with stuff so fast! I always get busier than I planned on being...but you're right, it's the only time to fit stuff in...
    Thanks- mad the hubs do some too. lol.
    What do you mean wobbly? Do you think it's your joints? I notice my legs feel almost stiff sometimes, like the bones rather than the muscle... it's so weird. I would have no idea what it's caused by or how to fix it. : Does it happen a lot?
    When you are el preggo, your body releases a hormone that loosens up your joints for impending doom Mostly so your hips widen. Good times, right? Well, that stuff lurks around in your body post baby...and it isn't fun.

So when I go to lunge, it feels like there is no ligament support...and part of this is due to deconditioning too.

*looks left*

*looks right*

*looks at time stamp from last post*

Humm.. I wonder if you passed out from exhaustion yet?
    Nahhhhh

How are those achy joints feeling?
    Still bugging you?
    Oh, Megs, Im an old biddy haha! Hips and knees and back hurt.
    I am so tired. This weekend did me over.
    "Choice is ours whether

Workout:
    27 min walk, 12 hill intervals, pushing baby in stroller
    *This is progressive loading, right? Since she is gaining wt? haha!

Positive thoughts:
    Walks are getting SO much easier. Commitment is paying off. I may not have a huge family anymore, but I have some class A folks in the family I do have. I am full of creative potential. I like my freckles.

Other Stuff:
    This weekend included shopping for friends baby shower, grocery shopping, dump runs, filing 3 years worth of hub's office 'nest' (all the papers he doesn't file, but rather tosses in a drawer and prays I never look), moving furniture out of garage, going through more crap that we still haven't sorted in 3 years, pressure washing back of house, cooking, oh , yeah, E invited the whole family to our 1200 sq ft home....so we had to make accommodations for 10 people....

That being said..it was the BEST feeling to have people over again. To hear the overlap of 4 conversations, laughter, and life filling this house. It has been too dark for too long, and it felt amazing. I had to let go of the fear of my house not being big, perfect, or complete...
    all and all worth every bit of hustle.
    "Choice is ours whether

I hope you are feeling better..my knees hurt from time to time..do you take any supplements for your joints..
    Meh- I was taking so many sups that it was getting to be a pill-meal. Prenatal, iron, cal/mag, fish oils, vit c, vit B complex, vit D....if none of that fixes it...well, I surrender lol.

I started having joint issues toward the end of last year. Could be injuries I worked though coming back to bite me, over training, poor training, crappy diet for years....yeah....abuse your temple long enough and you get a few cracks. I will probably never aim to lift heavy again. I want to use good form and tempo in order to increase conditioning. That is, unless I can learn to fix all my issues.

Do you take anything that works?
    "Choice is ours whether

I hear you i think i am in the same boat...injuries,bad diet. The weight i am lifting now is good for me so i don't see me going much heavier. I am happy with what i do now..that is major for me since i use to always be looking for a new diet and lifting program. I now know that being consistent gets you the results.
    I take glucosamine for my joints..who knows if any of that stuff really works..
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

I have NO doubt that pushing a baby stroller is hard work. Up a hill, too... can't imagine!

Your weekend sounds really fun, and productive! lol at the 'whole family' in your 1200 square foot home... honestly we have an 800 sq ft condo, and we literally had 16 people in it for Christmas. You'd wonder how that even happens, but it did, hahahaha. I try to change my perspective, and remember that while we feel 'squishy' a lot in our place, other parts of the world have much smaller places (and often bigger families) and make due all the time - it's all about spending time with the company that's over, not about the space! But I can still relate!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Hey Bean just checking in
    Hope you are enjoying your day..give that adorable baby a big hug for me
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

I hear you i think i am in the same boat...injuries,bad diet. The weight i am lifting now is good for me so i don't see me going much heavier. I am happy with what i do now..that is major for me since i use to always be looking for a new diet and lifting program. I now know that being consistent gets you the results.
    I take glucosamine for my joints..who knows if any of that stuff really works..
    I am horrible at taking sups anyhow. I try to make up for it by eating well. Something about swallowing pills is off putting to me...like I am scared to choke.

As for exercise, not one size fits all, and you do plenty!

I have NO doubt that pushing a baby stroller is hard work. Up a hill, too... can't imagine!

Your weekend sounds really fun, and productive! lol at the 'whole family' in your 1200 square foot home... honestly we have an 800 sq ft condo, and we literally had 16 people in it for Christmas. You'd wonder how that even happens, but it did, hahahaha. I try to change my perspective, and remember that while we feel 'squishy' a lot in our place, other parts of the world have much smaller places (and often bigger families) and make due all the time - it's all about spending time with the company that's over, not about the space! But I can still relate!

Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Stroller walks are hard going up hill, no use of arm swing for momentum lol! Good for the legs though.

You are so right. I think I am more afraid of people being uncomfortable/bored than I should be. I tend to be a bit idealistic, and want everyone to think I am an amazing host Its true, the company makes it....

Hope your day is going well too!!

Hey Bean just checking in
    Hope you are enjoying your day..give that adorable baby a big hug for me
    Note new FB adventure posts!!! I will...shes such a cuddle bug, its hard to break away to type.
    "Choice is ours whether

Workout:
    over an hour of off road walking + walk by the harbor.
    It was gorgeous out, and I found a new park with wetlands in the middle. I found myself enchanted...it was like a fairy tale...

Positive Thoughts:
    I am working always to remain centered. I am doing my best to chose action over worry. I am enough.

Other thoughts:
    Past two days were a bit off for me. I am not used to not having a schedule. From age 1-11 I was in day care. From age 5-30 I was in school, or in school and working.
    Yesterday I panicked. Got myself in a tizzy....and started to feel sorry for myself. I felt trapped.

So I am stepping back....and refocusing. I am going to enjoy my time with my little one, take pictures of this beautiful world I live in, feed my family home cooked meals, fix up the house for resale, exercise to keep my mind/body healthy, spend time with family and friends...because this time is not forever....I am not trapped if I don't think of it like that.

Like M. Angelou said, "If you cant change your situation, change your attitude about it."
    "Choice is ours whether

over an hour of off road walking + walk by the harbor.
    Is this the same harbor you took me to walk at or is it the one where all the boats are (Eric drove me around solo one day when you were working)
    Just trying to get a better picture of where you are

Was good talking to you today - hope you enjoyed your day out with those 2