nasogr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nasogr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nasogr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nasogr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nasogr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nasogr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nasogr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nasogr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nasogr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nasogr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nasogr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I want to work with weights, but don't want to bulk

Hi guys,

I need to cut (I'm 5.11, 27%bf, 241lbs) and looking for advice on what type of exercises to do to achieve my goal of loosing weight/reducing bf. I know I should do cardio, but when it comes to working with weights I'm not sure what exactly I should do. I will be doing deadlifts and squats for to strengthen the bigger muscles, but when it comes to chest press, back rows etc should I go for more reps but less weight? Should I stay away from weights until I'm thinner? Any advice?

NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nasogr View Post
    Hi guys,

I need to cut (I'm 5.11, 27%bf, 241lbs) and looking for advice on what type of exercises to do to achieve my goal of loosing weight/reducing bf. I know I should do cardio, but when it comes to working with weights I'm not sure what exactly I should do. I will be doing deadlifts and squats for to strengthen the bigger muscles, but when it comes to chest press, back rows etc should I go for more reps but less weight? Should I stay away from weights until I'm thinner? Any advice?
    dont bulk then, just do a wendler 5x5 program or some kind of powerlifting program..

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You won't get bulkier if you are trying to lose weight - pick a routine such as Fierce 5 or All Pros and start counting calories. Also check the nutrition forum macro calculation sticky threads.

Essentially:
    - weight train - this is essential when losing weight otherwise you can lose lean tissue instead of fat
    - count calories, adjust until you are losing 1.5 - 2lbs a week
    - eat meat at least once or twice a day and probably take a protein shake to reach required protein levels of at least 150g a day
    - eat 5 servings of fruit and veg for vitamins and minerals
    - don't avoid dietary fat, some fat is essential for certain functions in your body
    - add cardio on offdays if you want to. This is optional, you can achieve the same just by dialling your calorie intake lower

BigRed260 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed260 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Weights dont make you bulk or cut, diet does... Doesnt matter if im bulking or cutting, I train the same way.