madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking for some advice on structuring my routine. Help would be much appreciated.

Hi guys. So I'm going to try to keep this short and simple. I'm 21 years old, currently at 73 kilos (161 pounds) and sitting at around 20% bf. My aim is to get to around 12% bf, but I'm not a fan of the whole bulking/cutting cycle. I'd rather build muscle while losing fat, especially since I don't weigh that much as it stands. I know a lot of you think it can't be done but I think by incorporating HIIT sprints twice a week I can slowly make progress, since time really isn't an issue for me. From what I've read sprinting is a great way of losing fat while maintaining muscle mass.

Basically, I want to incorporate the following into a weekly routine:
    2 sets of HIIT incline treadmill sprints per week
    Pull ups and weighted dips on my home bar as much as possible
    Gym x 4 times a week. Looking at doing shoulders/arms on Sunday, legs on Tuesday, chest on Thursday and back on Friday.

My only concern is that this is quite a heavy load and that it might lead to over training. Do you guys have any advice for how I could incorporate all of the above into a proper split with enough time in between for rest and recovery? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by madeus0945; 05-08-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Clabuilder91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clabuilder91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clabuilder91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clabuilder91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clabuilder91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clabuilder91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clabuilder91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clabuilder91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clabuilder91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clabuilder91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Clabuilder91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Here are a couple of suggestions for you:

- Calculate your Macros (read the nutrition stickies) and find your TDEE then eat around 200-300 less Calories than your TDEE everyday

- Follow a proven beginner workout routine (forget about splits, they are just not for you at this time of your training) like Fierce 5 or All Pro's or an Upper/Lower split if you really want to train 4 times a week

- There will be no need to be doing extra chins/dips at home, use that time to recover from your workouts

- Do HIIT Cardio twice a week for 20 minutes and maybe Steady State Cardio for another 2 times a week for 30 minutes each

God Luck!
    CSCS Certified by the NSCA.

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer.

BACHELOR in SPORT SCIENCES at the Catholic University of Milan.

My Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156301963&p=1120326253#post1120326253

madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madeus0945 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the advice! I should probably mention that I have been going to the gym for 2 years already. Started off extremely skinny fat and managed to put on almost 20 kg while lowering my bf% a little bit in the process. First year I did a full body routine 3 times a week, for the past year I've been doing a split 2-3 days a week. I never really took it that seriously though which is why I now want to change things up again to finally get rid of the fat.

I guess I'll just save the home pull ups and dips for when I can't make it to the gym , and yeah, I think it's time to start calorie counting. Repped!

NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by madeus0945 View Post
    Hi guys. So I'm going to try to keep this short and simple. I'm 21 years old, currently at 73 kilos (161 pounds) and sitting at around 20% bf. My aim is to get to around 12% bf, but I'm not a fan of the whole bulking/cutting cycle. I'd rather build muscle while losing fat, especially since I don't weigh that much as it stands. I know a lot of you think it can't be done but I think by incorporating HIIT sprints twice a week I can slowly make progress, since time really isn't an issue for me. From what I've read sprinting is a great way of losing fat while maintaining muscle mass.

Basically, I want to incorporate the following into a weekly routine:
    2 sets of HIIT incline treadmill sprints per week
    Pull ups and weighted dips on my home bar as much as possible
    Gym x 4 times a week. Looking at doing shoulders/arms on Sunday, legs on Tuesday, chest on Thursday and back on Friday.

My only concern is that this is quite a heavy load and that it might lead to over training. Do you guys have any advice for how I could incorporate all of the above into a proper split with enough time in between for rest and recovery? Thanks in advance.
    if ur natural you have to train everybody part twice a week