Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000)

Feel like im not doing enough

Im so used to high volume training. So when I follow some of the programs on here i just feel like I have a lot more to give in the gym when I finish my training. When i come back home from I feel guilty about this and its been bothering me. I dont know what I should do. My strenght sucks. Im basically a novice with almost 3 yrs of lifting. Im cutting atm. The only good thing that has come from this reduced volume is better recovery and energy. I need some help to design a program. I lift 5 days a week. Each session last an hour or so.

Here is what im thinking of doing:

Monday: upper body
    Tuesday: lower body
    Wedensday: rest
    Thursday: push
    Friday: Pull
    Saturday: Legs

Heavy compounds 4-5 sets for 5 reps. Lighter accessory lifts in the 8-12 rep range. Help me out brahs.

Grind Hard. Stay Humble. beardb's Avatar
    beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000)
    You said your strength sucks, right? It's probably because you haven't stuck with a program. If you follow one of these programs, you can actually make a lot of progress really fast because of the linear progression. I understand what you mean by feeling like you have a lot more to give, but would you rather feel like you gave a lot and not get much results (where you're currently) or feel like you didn't do much and get good or great results?

Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by beardb View Post
    You said your strength sucks, right? It's probably because you haven't stuck with a program. If you follow one of these programs, you can actually make a lot of progress really fast because of the linear progression. I understand what you mean by feeling like you have a lot more to give, but would you rather feel like you gave a lot and not get much results (where you're currently) or feel like you didn't do much and get good or great results?
    My strenght went down a lot during this cut because I didnt stick with a program, and did unnecessary amounts of cardio right from the start. I like to do a lot of exercises. Lots of heavy sets and lots of acessory lifts. Going to failure each set, etc. It just feels weird doing so little volume. I feel unsatisfied.

There is no way I can do icf or a 3 day full body routine. I would be too bored. I love to lift. I need something at least 5 days a week. Maybe 4. I was thinking of doing an upper/lower. Or something with decent volume where I can constantly progress.

Also it sucks when people see my progress pics here. They assume I dont lift frequently and hard. Im really consistent with my training. Im getting better with intensity and form. Can doing a lot actually hurt ur gains? My last bulk I got stronger, but I felt like I didnt change much physically. It was a 3-4 month bulk so not that long. Im also skinnyfat so i put fat on easier on bulks even at a small surplus
    Last edited by Ondle; 05-08-2014 at 10:06 PM.

NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just looking at your frequency, ur getting one days rest for legs and upperbody then 2 days...i would personally stick with upper/lower twice a week, that will give u 2 and 3 days rest. its really hard to judge peoples progress when you see pictures..i look at myself with my narrow frame and feel i look small...then I look in the mirror at the gym and realise ive added 70lb on my frame...
    stick with a program and every 2 months, change the reps and set range..do something different to cause a change...

justinvb_657 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinvb_657 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinvb_657 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinvb_657 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinvb_657 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinvb_657 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinvb_657 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinvb_657 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinvb_657 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinvb_657 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinvb_657 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes
    Last edited by justinvb_657; 05-09-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    Current -365/300/495
    Goals 2015- 405/340/550

Heaviest Weight - 310

Current - 207

"I do today what others wont so tomorrow I can do what others cant"

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Ondle View Post
    I would be too bored. I love to lift. I need something at least 5 days a week.
    So how has that been working for you so far?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    So how has that been working for you so far?
    Lol that was nothing. Few months ago I was training 6 days in a row nonstop. It got to me. I was getting fatigued. And this was on a bulk. When I switched to cutting 3 months ago I had to make a change early on because training 6 days a week took a toll on me. Right now im still training 5 days per week but with a lot less volume and I feel better. I feel a big difference. I may just go ahead and do an upper/lower split. Gonna do some research and see others do.

BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Ondle View Post
    Lol that was nothing. Few months ago I was training 6 days in a row nonstop. It got to me. I was getting fatigued. And this was on a bulk. When I switched to cutting 3 months ago I had to make a change early on because training 6 days a week took a toll on me. Right now im still training 5 days per week but with a lot less volume and I feel better. I feel a big difference. I may just go ahead and do an upper/lower split. Gonna do some research and see others do.
    I don't think you got the point he was trying to make. Hes saying whatever you are doing obviously isn't working. And I'm not sure how 3x a week is less then your 5, a full body usually take 90min to 2 hours. So a 3x a week program puts you in the gym longer then you're 5x. What are you're current lifts

Originally Posted by BenD4Me View Post
    I don't think you got the point he was trying to make. Hes saying whatever you are doing obviously isn't working. And I'm not sure how 3x a week is less then your 5, a full body usually take 90min to 2 hours. So a 3x a week program puts you in the gym longer then you're 5x. What are you're current lifts
    Yes I see that but I want to lift more frequently.

Anyways my lifts precut were:
    Squat 225x5
    Bench 185x5
    deadlift 315x1 (barley, not the best form)

My stats now dont even come close to this. I lost a lot of strenght because I did everything wrong from the start. Changed my routine too much and lot of cardio. I want to stick with a program for 1 year. Starting now.

Here is what I have in mind..it may not be the greatest routine, so help me out if it looks stupid.

Monday: upper body
    3-4 sets bench press
    3-4 sets rows
    3-4 sets ohp
    3-4 sets chin up
    2-3 sets bicep
    2-3 sets tricep

Tuesday: lower
    3-4 sets deadlift
    3-4 sets leg curl machine
    3-4 sets leg press
    3-4 sets leg extension
    6-7 sets calf raises (seated/standing)

Wed: rest

Thursday: Push
    3 sets bench
    3 sets Seated dumbbell press
    3 sets incline dumbbell
    3 sets seated side laterals
    3 sets rope push down
    3 sets dumbbell overhead tricep extension
    3 sets shrugs

Friday: pull
    3 sets chin up
    3 sets barbell rows
    3 sets lat pulldowns
    3 sets seated rows
    4 sets incline dumbbell curl

Saturday: legs
    4 sets squats
    3 sets leg press
    3 sets leg extension
    3 sets leg curls
    6-7 sets calf raises

Abs 3x a week. Just a few sets to stimulate the muscle. Imo this isn't much volume (well at least to me). Im probably gonna replace the deadlifts for squats, and do deadlifts once a week for 1 heavy set.

jobronze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jobronze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jobronze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jobronze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jobronze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jobronze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jobronze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jobronze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jobronze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jobronze will become famous soon enough. (+50) jobronze will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you feel like your not "doing enough" then maybe you need to up your intensity. Smaller rest periods, rest-pause, density training , super sets. Whatever.

For most, less can definitely mean more. And if your so bent on working out everyday, don't under estimate some "rest day" bw stuff. Works wonders.

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BenD4Me View Post
    Exactly, the OP is missing the point. He's "bored" with doing an effective routine, so he wants to do an inneffective routine.

Seriously, the best advice is "finding something else to take up that spare time".

Your muscles need 2 equally important things to grow:
    1. Use them and fatigue them
    2. Your body heals and repairs them, when it does this it rebuilds them slightly stronger than before

If you work out to often, you make less gains, not more. A split (that never works 2 muscles in 2 consequtive days) might work for you, but mostly it sounds like the answer is find something else that's not physically taxing to do with your free time.

"Yes I see that but I want to lift more frequently."

That approach is not working for you.

Originally Posted by PaulRivers View Post
    Exactly, the OP is missing the point. He's "bored" with doing an effective routine, so he wants to do an inneffective routine.

Seriously, the best advice is "finding something else to take up that spare time".

Your muscles need 2 equally important things to grow:
    1. Use them and fatigue them
    2. Your body heals and repairs them, when it does this it rebuilds them slightly stronger than before

If you work out to often, you make less gains, not more. A split (that never works 2 muscles in 2 consequtive days) might work for you, but mostly it sounds like the answer is find something else that's not physically taxing to do with your free time.

"Yes I see that but I want to lift more frequently."

That approach is not working for you.
    Ok i guess on my rest days I will just rest or do light cardio. I will look for an upper/lower program and this will allow me to rest 3 days, which i feel will make a big difference and recover even better