DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500)
    Starting Monday, February 26th, I will begin Preparing for the 2007 NPC Palmetto Cup in Columbia SC. This show (which is my first) will be on May 26th, leaving me 3 full months to begin my prep. Right Now I weigh in at 170.4.lbs with body fat. At the show I intend to lose as much fat as possible, while keeping as much muscle as possible.

My diet will basically stay the same as before, just without the 2 Cheat Meals a week. Before I was taking in a rough estimate of about 3,200 calories, and I intend to keep that level up, while lowering my Carb and Fat intake as the weeks go by. Because of the fact that this is going to be my first contest, I am receiving continuous help on the way from other bodybuilders and trainers at the gym, my diet will be critiqued continuous depending on my body?s appearance. As for food, I usually eat the same foods every day; I don?t really eat for Flavor just for Fuel.

This is a sample of what my diet looked like before contest prep:

Meal 1
    ? 9 egg whites, 1 yolk
    ? 1 ? cups of plain oatmeal
    ? cup of black coffee
    Meal 2
    ? 2 slices of wheat bread
    ? deli turkey(thin sliced)
    ? 2 scoops of BSN True Mass Vanilla Flavor
    Meal 3
    ? 3 medium sized grilled chicken tenderloins
    ? Cup of Brown Rice (with packet of hot sauce)
    ? ? cup of cold carrots
    Meal 4
    ? 1 Can Of Solid White Tuna
    ? ? cup of wheat pasta
    ? Power Bar
    Meal 5
    ? Post Workout Protein Shake
    ? 1 medium rice cake
    ? 1 Tablespoon of Peanut butter
    Meal 6
    ? Chicken, Steak, Lean Beef, or Fish
    ? Brown Rice or pasta
    ? Steamed Veggies or Green Beans
    Meal 7
    ? 2 medium sized red potatoes
    ? 3 grilled chicken tenderloins

As you can see, my off-season diet is fairly healthy, but in order to lower my body fat, it will need to be critiqued. All of the foods in red will be replaced by something with more nutrients.

My pre contest diet will consist of 8 meals a day (on workout days) and 6 on off days. The meals will include more vegetables and complex carbs, with less fat. I will be eating a little under or over 3,000 calories depending on the day, 200 grams of protein, and around 450 grams of carbs.

This is a sample of my precontest diet:

Meal 1
    ? 9 egg whites, 1 yolk
    ? 1 ? cups of oatmeal
    ? cup of black coffee
    Meal 2
    ? 2 slices of whole wheat bread
    ? deli turkey (thin sliced)
    Meal 3
    ? 4 oz of grilled chicken
    ? Cup of Brown Rice
    ? ? cup of cold carrots
    ? protein shake mixed with water
    Meal 4
    ? Cup of brown rice
    ? Can of tuna
    Meal 5 (pre workout)
    ? rice cake
    ? 1 tablespoons of peanut butter
    Meal 6(post workout)
    ? rice cake
    ? 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
    Meal 7
    ? lean beef
    ? 1 cup of wheat pasta
    ? garden salad
    Meal 8
    ? 2 medium red potatoes

For the first few weeks I will try this diet out, and see how my body reacts to it, I may need to lower my carbs further out.

Because of the fact that I am going to be keeping a high caloric intake during my contest prep, I will start do cardio starting 10 weeks out, 3 days a week prior to eating breakfast. I will either walk on the treadmill with an incline or use the stair stepper for 30-45 minutes. Along with cardio I will also do calves and abs 3 days a week.

Along With Diet, my supplement schedule will change each month. For the first month I will stick with a flavorless glutamine powder 3 times a day on training days, 2 times on off days. Champion Nutrition?s Whey Protein 2 times a day, a Men?s Daily Multi Vitamin once in the morning, and a Vitamin C tablet twice a day. Which are both off brands that are inexpensive. Starting 8 weeks out, I intend to take Satur8 prior to my workouts and Re Satur8 after my workouts, while keeping all the other supplements.

At the contest I intend to win the Teen Division which is not categorized by weight, or age. This is going to make this a bit more of a challenge, but at 16, even if I don?t win, I will still gain experience for my future years of bodybuilding, but I still want to be the best I can be.

Goals for Contest
    ? Win teenage division
    ? Come in lean
    ? Learn from others

At the contest I intend to win the Teen Division which is not categorized by weight, or age. This is going to make this a bit more of a challenge, but at 16, even if I don?t win, I will still gain experience for my future years of bodybuilding.

This contest is going to be my top priority aside of school, for the next 3 months, I am going to focus 100% on my goals so Palmetto Cup Watch Out!

DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500) DannyboySC is not very helpful. (-500)

Contest Prep Journal

hi guys, starting tomorrow I am 3 months out from my first show. Guys at my gym told me to write some sort of log to keep track of everything, so I decided why just have this stay for my eyes only, so if you wanan read it go ahead. And For some reason the bullets turned into question marks, sorry

Danny
    Attached Files

BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DannyboySC View Post
    Starting Monday, February 26th, I will begin Preparing for the 2007 NPC Palmetto Cup in Columbia SC. This show (which is my first) will be on May 26th, leaving me 3 full months to begin my prep. Right Now I weigh in at 170.4.lbs with body fat. At the show I intend to lose as much fat as possible, while keeping as much muscle as possible.

My diet will basically stay the same as before, just without the 2 Cheat Meals a week. Before I was taking in a rough estimate of about 3,200 calories, and I intend to keep that level up, while lowering my Carb and Fat intake as the weeks go by. Because of the fact that this is going to be my first contest, I am receiving continuous help on the way from other bodybuilders and trainers at the gym, my diet will be critiqued continuous depending on my body?s appearance. As for food, I usually eat the same foods every day; I don?t really eat for Flavor just for Fuel.

This is a sample of what my diet looked like before contest prep:

Meal 1
    ? 9 egg whites, 1 yolk
    ? 1 ? cups of plain oatmeal
    ? cup of black coffee
    Meal 2
    ? 2 slices of wheat bread
    ? deli turkey(thin sliced)
    ? 2 scoops of BSN True Mass Vanilla Flavor
    Meal 3
    ? 3 medium sized grilled chicken tenderloins
    ? Cup of Brown Rice (with packet of hot sauce)
    ? ? cup of cold carrots
    Meal 4
    ? 1 Can Of Solid White Tuna
    ? ? cup of wheat pasta
    ? Power Bar
    Meal 5
    ? Post Workout Protein Shake
    ? 1 medium rice cake
    ? 1 Tablespoon of Peanut butter
    Meal 6
    ? Chicken, Steak, Lean Beef, or Fish
    ? Brown Rice or pasta
    ? Steamed Veggies or Green Beans
    Meal 7
    ? 3 grilled chicken tenderloins

As you can see, my off-season diet is fairly healthy, but in order to lower my body fat, it will need to be critiqued. All of the foods in red will be replaced by something with more nutrients.

My pre contest diet will consist of 8 meals a day (on workout days) and 6 on off days. The meals will include more vegetables and complex carbs, with less fat. I will be eating a little under or over 3,000 calories depending on the day, 200 grams of protein, and around 450 grams of carbs.

This is a sample of my precontest diet:

Meal 1
    ? 9 egg whites, 1 yolk
    ? 1 ? cups of oatmeal
    ? cup of black coffee
    Meal 2
    ? 2 slices of whole wheat bread
    ? deli turkey (thin sliced)
    Meal 3
    ? Cup of Brown Rice
    ? ? cup of cold carrots
    Meal 4
    ? Cup of brown rice
    ? Can of tuna
    Meal 5 (pre workout)
    ? rice cake
    ? 1 tablespoons of peanut butter
    Meal 6(post workout)
    ? rice cake
    ? 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
    Meal 7
    ? lean beef
    ? 1 cup of wheat pasta
    ? garden salad
    Meal 8
    ? 2 medium red potatoes

For the first few weeks I will try this diet out, and see how my body reacts to it, I may need to lower my carbs further out.

Because of the fact that I am going to be keeping a high caloric intake during my contest prep, I will start do cardio starting 10 weeks out, 3 days a week prior to eating breakfast. I will either walk on the treadmill with an incline or use the stair stepper for 30-45 minutes. Along with cardio I will also do calves and abs 3 days a week.

Along With Diet, my supplement schedule will change each month. For the first month I will stick with a flavorless glutamine powder 3 times a day on training days, 2 times on off days. Champion Nutrition?s Whey Protein 2 times a day, a Men?s Daily Multi Vitamin once in the morning, and a Vitamin C tablet twice a day. Which are both off brands that are inexpensive. Starting 8 weeks out, I intend to take Satur8 prior to my workouts and Re Satur8 after my workouts, while keeping all the other supplements.

At the contest I intend to win the Teen Division which is not categorized by weight, or age. This is going to make this a bit more of a challenge, but at 16, even if I don?t win, I will still gain experience for my future years of bodybuilding, but I still want to be the best I can be.

Goals for Contest
    ? Win teenage division
    ? Come in lean
    ? Learn from others

At the contest I intend to win the Teen Division which is not categorized by weight, or age. This is going to make this a bit more of a challenge, but at 16, even if I don?t win, I will still gain experience for my future years of bodybuilding.

This contest is going to be my top priority aside of school, for the next 3 months, I am going to focus 100% on my goals so Palmetto Cup Watch Out!
    wow strong question marks

Registered User mynameisgeorgel's Avatar
    mynameisgeorgel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mynameisgeorgel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mynameisgeorgel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good luck man
    19 years old

5'9

195 lbs

Originally Posted by rottengazebo View Post
    wow strong question marks
    yea i don't know why they came up like that, i said above that they were supposed to be bullets