lj31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

frequency.overtrain..gen. navigation. newbie

Hey people...new to the site..trying to get a routine going with a basic basement set up: bench press, dumbells, incline bench thing..my goal is to learn to navigate the site..get the most..learn..etc..I learned some basic exersizes (around the world, bench press, bicep curls, isolated curls, skull crushes, step up holding d.b., squats, military press, hammer, shrugs, ) is most of what I know. Id like to make a variety learn etc. Also id like to add about overtraining..how often..how to gain muscle..I take test boosters and protien shakes and trying to gain weight also..im 6.0 tall and 175..any advise on routine new exersize and frequency of training would be helpful along with navigating the site thanx!
    Last edited by lj31; 05-08-2014 at 09:33 AM.

NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    keep it simple
    Upperbody
    Bench press 5 sets then fly's..rows and pulldowns/pull ups, OHP+ side raises and rear delts, 3 sets of bicep curls and pushdowns
    Lowerbody
    Squats 5 sets then leg ext and leg curls, calves pushes
    rest

repeat the routine

if you are losing strength it normally means overtraining or when you feel tired alot, it means its time for a deload,so work with 50% of ur normal weight for a week,roughly every 3 months.

you need to change your routine every 6 weeks..
    so swap around dumbells instead of barbells, cables instead of bicep curls, close grip bench for triceps..leg press instead of squats..then go back again

lj31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thanx..

Cool thanx...I dont have cables so im limited..how often do I rest? Upper body exersizes next day rest..lower next day rest? Id like to lift everyday but I think muscles need to recover..I think I meant recovery and not overtraining..I think they are similar..been looking into ct fletcher saying no such thing as overtrain..not sure the difference of overtrain vs recovery? I dont want to do cardio because Im active already and I want to gain weight, muscle and strength..