hMarky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hMarky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hMarky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hMarky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hMarky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hMarky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Success with Workout Programs?

I was thinking about this, and in the past I've realized that I haven't had the most success with the pre-programmed workout routines/weight-loss programs. It's so hard to find the one that's just right for your body, but I also don't know if I'd be able to create one that was successful either. I want to know about what your experiences are.

What do you guys think? Do you find that you make the most progress when you follow a training program (like the ones you'd find here in the workout session, and it can include nutrition as well), or when you create your own and tweak it as you go? Which is easier to stick to, and which is more motivating for you? I know that there's no one-size-fits-all solution, but I'm interested in hearing some different experiences.

NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatMuscleBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    get a basic proven regime and then tweek it..

TheZenMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have taken Kris Gethin's 12 week program and found that I am having to tweak it as some things just dont work for me, eg when I am free to get to the gym, and the machines available there, and also what I enjoy and what I hate doing...

Saying that, I am only 1 week in so am yet to see big results

IvanDrago2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) IvanDrago2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) IvanDrago2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) IvanDrago2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) IvanDrago2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) IvanDrago2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) IvanDrago2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) IvanDrago2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) IvanDrago2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) IvanDrago2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) IvanDrago2k is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think that in order for the program to be successful you need to have set goals, be it losing weight, increasing strength, etc. Nutrition is the main factors that determines your success. Personally, I've had the most success when I was tracking my macros and following a strict diet depending on what my goal was at the time (losing weight, gaining muscle mass, etc.).

As far as routines go, I've had most success with routines where I hit muscle twice or three times a week (full body workouts or upper/lower splits). "Pro" routines set to a one body part per day format don't really workout well for me. I think it is easier to stick to proven programs but if you know what you're doing you can definitely program your routine depending on what you're looking to get out of it.

Hope this helps, good luck!

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NatMuscleBrit View Post
    This ^
    You rock a piss, I'm gonna rock some Mitchell

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NatMuscleBrit View Post
    ditto