Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    JordonMaur will become famous soon enough. (+50) JordonMaur will become famous soon enough. (+50) JordonMaur will become famous soon enough. (+50) JordonMaur will become famous soon enough. (+50) JordonMaur will become famous soon enough. (+50) JordonMaur will become famous soon enough. (+50) JordonMaur will become famous soon enough. (+50) JordonMaur will become famous soon enough. (+50) JordonMaur will become famous soon enough. (+50) JordonMaur will become famous soon enough. (+50) JordonMaur will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great post very helpful
    Weight:82.5kg

Current stats,

Squat:200kg
    Deadlift:190kg
    Bench:110kg

ccameron12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I attempted this and failed misserably packets say a whole different thing what should i follow>?
    YourPal Cameron
    --
    Publisher of http://LoViser.com

roman838892 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can't go wrong with basic creatin monohydrate. It's cheap and usually comes with a scoop. Go with anything that has creapure though.

MGZ29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi! Fellows,

Been many moons since I last worked out and being so I see a whole bunch new supplements, etc.. have hit the market promising gains left and right. I'm in the process of getting back into the gym with the intention of loosing weight and the end result of obtaining definition. I would appreciate any help/feedback you guys can give me in terms of what supplements should look into . I'm sticking to the basics. can someone guide me to which way to go

1. should I stick to creatine, protein, fat burners and amino separately
    2. Is there a supplement that contains all or two and will give me the same benefits
    3. anything on pre/post-workout

Thanks in advance

prince727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey all..
    im new and newly thinking of build my body little bit...im 25 years old but im too much under weight and not a strong person at all....hehe...should i take supplements or not...?

Jbeck229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by prince727 View Post
    hey all..
    im new and newly thinking of build my body little bit...im 25 years old but im too much under weight and not a strong person at all....hehe...should i take supplements or not...?
    Jbeck229: DO NOT discuss PH/AAS on this forum.
    Last edited by VoxExMachina; 03-20-2015 at 10:35 AM.

APCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) APCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) APCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) APCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) APCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) APCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) APCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) APCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) APCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) APCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) APCY will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A lot of people recommends to use 10g per day. 5g ir the morning and 5g after workout, same on rest days. Would it be bad? My weight is 175lbs~

I just ordered Amix Creatine Monohydrate its also recommends to use same amount.

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You serious? Someone new to lifting comes on here and asks for help, and you recommend drugs? First of all, not even a good suggestion. Secondly, talking about that is banned on BB.com.

If you want to get big, you need to eat, even if you're not hungry. Simple as that. It's not about eating because you feel like eating, it's about eating because you want to grow. If it's important to you, you'll eat and make it happen. Go to the nutrition section, figure out your TDEE, and then eat at a surplus. You need food more than you need supplements...supps without proper diet are useless.
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html

prince727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what do you mean by "PH/AAS " ?

SajadHandsome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile a question

hello there. i have bought a creatine and it have a scoop. i do not know how much gram is that. under scoop written 9cc
    how much is 9cc in gram?

fitincapetown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Help with creatine and diet

Hey guys,

I need some help. I'm a 27 year old female and desperately want to put on some muscle. I weigh 56.8kg and my current body fat is 16.8%. I am quite small and hence chatted to my nutritionist to up my carb intake to help build muscle.

She has changed my diet to the following:

Breakfast:
    50g oats + 4 egg whites
    tble spoon peanut butter

Morning snack:
    40g nuts
    60g biltong (this is the South African version of something like beef jerky)

Lunch:
    2 chicken breasts or equivalent of other lean meat
    1 and half cup brown rice or 2 cups wholewheat pasta
    half cup cucumber

Afternoon snack:
    3 corn cakes (similar to rice cakes but made with corn)
    a spoon peanut butter & diabetic jam
    1 protein shake

Before training 1 teaspoon glutamine (I added this myself)

After training:
    1 protein shake + 25 oats
    1 tea spoon glutamine

Supper:

250g lean meat
    1 cup brocolli
    1 cup spinach
    (I have other veg to alternate with)

Before bed:
    Protein shake

So my questions are:

1) Would you change this diet as I am taking creatine (which my nutritionist does not know)? Is it necessary to eat so much while on creatine in order to build or can I cut it down a bit? I only started on this increased carb plan yesterday and my body is obviously still adjusting to it, but my stomach is very upset at the moment.

2) As far as I am aware I am supposed to have a quick releasing or "high GI" carb right after training to go into the muscle immediately together with whey protein. She lets me have oats which is slow releasing. What would you recommend and what portion size?

3) Although more affordable and convenient, I'm really tired of all the protein shakes. What can I replace my protein shakes with?

4) I also supplement with a multivitamin, vitamin c, bcaa's on empty stomach morning cardio days, probiotics, flax oil and milk thistle. Why is the milk thistle so important? My nutritionist says that I can replace my omega 3's with flax oil and it'll have the same effect, is this true? Would you add or remove any supplements?

Thanks guys

Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SajadHandsome View Post
    hello there. i have bought a creatine and it have a scoop. i do not know how much gram is that. under scoop written 9cc
    how much is 9cc in gram?
    1cc=1g
    So 9cc=9g

You only need 5g of creatine daily.

johnmathewws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That was quite a nice bit of information. Thanks a lot, I find it quite helpful.

JayJ15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Solid post. There should be sticky it helps me along my journey.

Registered User UnchartedDreams's Avatar
    Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    UnchartedDreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Started out this week, got a training schedule and nutrition plan set up, all i needed was a bit of information on supplements, this was a real help so thank you to those who set it up!

Much appreciated

oiluisa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was wondering if it's alright taking BCAA's twice a day...yeah, I know, I'm new to BCAA's. My sports nutricionist recommended me to take it AFTER my workouts, and that's what I'm doing. I lift in the morning and do cardio (40 minutes, 3x a week) at night. I didnt ask her about taking it after cardio. is it alright?

JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good guide for beginners and a solid refresher.

I'd skip BCAA's altogether and just take L-Leucine. 2-5g per day is enough.
    See all my protein bar reviews at jonsupps.com

emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by oiluisa View Post
    I was wondering if it's alright taking BCAA's twice a day...yeah, I know, I'm new to BCAA's. My sports nutricionist recommended me to take it AFTER my workouts, and that's what I'm doing. I lift in the morning and do cardio (40 minutes, 3x a week) at night. I didnt ask her about taking it after cardio. is it alright?
    BCAAs are best used when training fasted and you need a bolus in-between meals that are 4-6 hours apart.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

EricDavis81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great information. Sticky this
    “The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EricDavis81 View Post
    Great information. Sticky this
    it already is a sticky and has been for a while
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by emergency View Post
    it already is a sticky and has been for a while

Stickception!

kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50) kydcali will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Before I even begin explaining myself, to anyone who is willing to help me get serious and advice me with knowledge, thank you!!

I recently just finished a program with low reps and heavy weights. I was trying to gain muscle and although I am not near where I want to be, I did gain muscle and size. I want to continue gaining muscle but I need help with how I should be eating and what type of training I should be doing. Clean eating, yes. But I don't know if I am calculating my macros for the type of training. I am currently using these macros (I tried using the calories/macronutrients sticky by Emma-Leigh, but I get so lost and I am not familiat with how to work out my macros)

Training days:
    Protein 180g
    Carbs 232g
    Fats 45g

Rest days:
    Protein 225g
    Carbs 174g
    Fats 59g

Female
    19 (almost 20) years old
    5 feet 0 in
    113 pounds
    approximately 20% body fat

As for my training routines, I have done so much research but one minute I read something and the next I find something the complete opposite! I do not know if a 5x5 routine would be good, or a 8x8, a GVT, or a hypertrophy and what type of routine! As well as what should I do when I am done building muscle and when do I know I am ready to move forward? I would really appreciate the help.

Supplements:
    Multivitamin
    Fish Oil + Omega 3
    Creatine (cycling)
    Whey protein
    Casein (before bed)

1RM's
    Squat (45 bar) +80
    Deadlift (45 bar) +140
    Barbell Press (45 bar) +50
    Overhead Press (45 bar) +30
    Barbell Curl (45 bar) +25
    Bent Over Row (45 bar) +60
    Attached Images

Irishkop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im just a beginner, Been only at this for a few months now. Im just looking to get in shape and build muscle. I'm not looking to complete or anything, im just looking to be above the average Joe.

I have been taking Creatine Monohydrate and Whey.

With in regards too Beta Alanine,BCAA/Amino Acids, Fish oil Supplement, Multivitamin etc, Do I need to be taking all this to get the gains or will Creatine Monohydrate and Whey with alot of protein foods in my Diet plan be sufficient to what I want to achieve.

Kevinyen22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take supplements, vitamins, and minerals everyday. Can someone let me know if this is safe to do?

Here are my current supplements I take everyday:
    Kirkland Vitamin C 1000mg: One tablet a day
    Kirkland Vitamin E 400 I. U : One tablet a day
    Kirkland Multivitamin & Minerals: One tablet a day
    USPLABS Super Cissus: Two tablets twice a day
    Animal flex: One pack a day (8 tablets in each pack)
    Youtheory Collagen Type 1, 2 and 3: Three tablets twice a day
    Optimum Nutrition ZMA: Three tablets at night 
    Kirkland Fish Oil 1000mg: Two soft gels a day
    Kirkland Brand Zertek (for my allergies) : One tablet a day
    Cellecor P6 Extreme Black: 3 pills a day before gym, will move on to P6 Red once I'm done.
    Optimum Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate : 5 grams a day
    Cellecor Alpha Amino: One scoop everything I go to the gym (5 times a week) 
    Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein: 1-2 Scoops a day

That is about 30 tablets I take daily

I ordered Livercare by Himalaya, and Milk Thistle by Jarrow Formulas, would this help me safely insure my body's health?

looks like way too many supps to me. You should double check with your pharmacist to make sure there are no interactions with what you are taking and your OTC allergy med.

BoomWuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoomWuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoomWuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoomWuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoomWuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoomWuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoomWuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoomWuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoomWuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoomWuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BoomWuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks, helps a lot

thefran911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good guide

brianspence has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hydro-lean and L-carnite by west Pharm

Hi there I am just looking for some info on these products in relation to fat burning.
    I have put on a lot of weight after coming back from a lumbar spine injury. around 40 lbs

I went to my local protein shop and I bought the 2 products above as the guy said this would help me along with food and exercise plan. Now I know I should have done my home work on these products first of all before purchasing but I wasnt thinking and after looking online these 2 products were deemed health risks by the Canadian health board.

I have a little high blood pressure at the moment due to my weight gain but nothing to high.

Should I be taking these products back to the store and asking for something different, I see they dont do refunds.

also do you have any recommendations for a a decent fat burner

any help would be greatly appreciated

Registered User IndianWarrior83's Avatar
    IndianWarrior83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have read that caffeine interferes with creatine. I only drink one medium sized instant coffee at about 12 oz with 2.5 g of taurine pre workout only. Then post workout (1 hour) I take 5 grams of creatine, 2.5 g of taurine and a Gatorade (for the dextrose) with my post workout meal (containing simple carbs).

Can anyone see anything I would be doing wrong/unneeded? My main concern is the caffeine and hour and a half or so before taking the creatine.

Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IndianWarrior83 View Post
    I have read that caffeine interferes with creatine. I only drink one medium sized instant coffee at about 12 oz with 2.5 g of taurine pre workout only. Then post workout (1 hour) I take 5 grams of creatine, 2.5 g of taurine and a Gatorade (for the dextrose) with my post workout meal (containing simple carbs).

Can anyone see anything I would be doing wrong/unneeded? My main concern is the caffeine and hour and a half or so before taking the creatine.
    Where did you read that?
    Its not true, most of the preworkouts already come with creatine, but even if they don't, creatine got nothing to do with caffeine .
    5g creatine per day is fine, timing doesn't matter but i also take it post workout. But why are you taking taurine post workout?
    Keeping it real since 1988

Log III :http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169145743