Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    sumitk28 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    People rely on supplements too much. Having 3-4 whey just to complete your protein intake will not takw you anywhere. Glad this information will help the guys starting their fitness journey.

bikanno is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very goood continu

gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    people don't rely on supplements.

a proprietary blend of protein isn't really over doing it..
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Anyways, I am looking for a perfect joint cocktail. I have seen and browsed many websites and read articles on what to look for but it seems that I have ran into a wall.

I have patella femoral pain syndrome. I never took anything directly for my joints. I take an EVL multi and just ordered some more fish oil.

I need help finding one or two products. I have looked on BB.com and still kind of clueless as to their reviews.

So, reps (not sure how many I have these days) to any recommendations for joint health supplements. I have looked at Dr and NOW. I have read about turmeric. Je ne sais pas.

So... ya,
    educate yourself before you wreck yourself.

YMS_1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YMS_1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YMS_1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YMS_1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YMS_1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YMS_1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YMS_1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YMS_1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YMS_1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YMS_1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YMS_1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Nothing on soreness?

Originally Posted by DASBUNKER View Post

Disclaimer (Must Read): Supplements can be a great training and fitness aid but before starting with them, make sure you set up a proper diet and training regimen, read Nutrition Section sticky threads if you haven't, the Workout and Exercise Section also contain good information to help you pick a routine depending on your goals. If these are not met you won't fully take advantage of most supplements.

Always follow directions on the bottle of the supplements. If you're under 18 years old read this.

Everything you read in this thread and forum is for information purposes only, does not constitute medical advice, you should contact your physician before starting any supplement, training or diet program and make sure you're a healthy individual.

Creatine FAQ

- How much creatine should I take?

Clinical dosage shows 2.5-6 grams a day is enough depending on body weight, this applies to most forms of creatine alone or combined. After about a month you'll reach saturation, then you can take it 4-5x a week to maintain saturation. Anything more once you reach what you're body can store, will be excreted.

- Do I need to load creatine? (Loading: Taking more than 5-6 grams creatine for 1 week)

No. It is not necessary, you'll reach saturation quicker but this might result in gastrointestinal issues and the so called "bloating" (Water retention).

- What's the best form of creatine?

Creatine monohydrate is the most researched, proved and cheapest form. There are other like creatine HCL or Magnesium creatine chelate that may provide additional benefits and have other characteristics, make sure you research before purchasing.

- When should I take creatine?

Whenever you can, timing won't make a major difference in performance.

- Should I take creatine with carbohydrates, grape juice or anything special?

No, that's not needed for it to work properly.

- How long will creatine stay in my body?

Supplemental creatine should stay in the body for about 3-5 weeks, if you had to stop taking it for some days for whatever reason, you can resume dosage normally.

- I'm a beginner that's just starting to lift or don't have experience with supplements, should I use creatine?

It's recommended that first you set up a proper diet and training program then you might start looking into supplementation, creatine is one of the most basic staples for most people so it's a good place to begin once everything else is in place.

- I started using creatine and i'm cramping or experiencing other side effects?

Main reason for cramping is not staying well hydrated while on creatine, make sure you drink enough water. If you experience any side effect, discontinue use.

- I'm cutting/losing weight, should I use creatine?

Typically people might be afraid of water retention during a cutting phase, but extracellular "bloating" is mostly due to a unnecessary high dosing or loading creatine protocol and/or not drinking enough water, creatine might help you keep strength and volume during a cut, so most people still use it.

- Do I need to cycle off creatine, is it safe? (Cycling off: Stop taking it for a period of time)

Research has suggested that creatine is relatively safe on medium-long term, there's no specific reason to cycle off but you might want to at your own discretion.

- What happens after you stop taking creatine? do you lose muscle?

You'll likely lose some strength and a little volume due to intracellular water moving away from fibers, actual muscle is not lost.

- Does caffeine affect creatine negatively?

No it won't, at least to any considerable degree, they're fine together.

- Can i mix creatine with whey protein, preworkout supplement or my favorite drink?

Yes, that's generally fine.

- My preworkout supplement already has creatine, do i need to take more?

Depends on the amount it contains, some are in proprietary blends, so unless it's disclosed or you know the quantity, you might have to use additional creatine.

Protein Supplement FAQ

- How much Supplemental Protein should i use?

This depends on your diet and how much you want to use to help you meet your daily requirements, once you read about nutrition and have a good diet you'll be able to decide how much supplemental protein you need.

- When is the best time to take Supplemental Protein?

Any time you want to help you reach your nutritional requirements, you don't need to use it exclusively pre/post workout.

- What's the best Protein supplement?

There are many types of protein like Whey concentrate/isolate, Casein, Milk protein concentrate/isolate, Pea concentrate/isolate, Rice concentrate, blends of various forms etc.

If you have a high lactose intolerance, Isolate versions have little to none lactose while concentrate has more, Plant sources like Pea and Rice are recommended if you want to avoid dairy protein all together.

You don't need to get a specific kind of Protein for any timing purpose (I.E. Fast digesting postworkout or casein at night), generally you won't notice a major difference between which one you use, but blends seem to have a slight advantage and are more filling.

- Should I use Protein or a weight gainer? I want to Lose/Gain weight.

Whether you lose or gain weight will depend on your overall diet and training, not a protein supplement. Losing/Gaining weight essentially comes down to a caloric surplus or deficit with some macronutrient management. As explained above Supplemental Protein including weight gainer are used to fill gaps on your diet.

- Should I use Supplemental Protein on offdays when i don't workout?

It's advisable protein intake to remain constant every day. This means you'd consume the same amount of it for your requirements daily, with or without help from supplements.

- Is it true your body can only absorb 20-30 grams of protein in one meal?

That's not true, though consuming 50g+ Protein in any form might cause stomach issues for some people.

Supplement Miscellaneous FAQ

- Are Supplements necessary to gain muscle, lose fat or any other goal? and will they give me results? (Suggested by MasterBench)

Supplements are not essentially needed to make progress for your goal (any), they are an aid. Diet and training are more important and will dictate how much you improve.

- How should I take Beta Alanine?

Clinical dosage is around 3-4 grams a day and has been suggested (if possible) splitting dosage with food might be ideal.

- I took a Preworkout or other supplement and felt some tingles and/or rash and redness that went away in 10 minutes or so, what is it?

Tingles on the skin (paraesthesia) are commonly due to Beta alanine, this decreases with continued use. If you experience a momentarily redness or rash, first make sure you're not allergic but this can also be due to the niacin content in a supplement, commonly known as "niacin flush". Sometimes eating something before hand may reduce both of these.

- Should I use BCAA/Amino Acids?

All complete protein is formed by BCAA/Esential Amino Acids, it's isolated free form might be useful in certain situations like on a caloric deficit, training when fasted (without eating in a long lapse of time like early morning) or when protein intake is not optimal, you'd benefit most from them on these instances. BCAA have anti-catabolic properties and several anecdotal reports on recovery and endurance.

- How much BCAA/EAA should i use?

Typical dosages range on the 8-10 grams BCAA/EAA containing 2-5 grams worth of L-Leucine for maximal muscle protein synthesis response.

- When should I take Free form BCAA/EAA?

Pre and/or Intra workout or in between meals is ideal. Consuming free form BCAA/EAA with complete protein or a meal is not optimal and blunts most of the purpose.

- How do I pick a good Fish oil Supplement? (Suggested by eatyourspinach)

Making sure it's produced from a reliable source of fish is important, typical diets often have enough Omegas 6 and 9, so focus is mostly on the Omega 3 which may provide various benefits. Usually clinical doses range on the 1-2 grams of combined EPA-DHA content.

- How do I choose a Multivitamin? (Suggested by eatyourspinach)

Good information and discussion about Multivitamins can be found here.

- What's the best "x" Supplement?

There are many options, there's no best. You can read here for some discussion, search the forum with the bar on the top of page, ultimately if you're looking for something in particular, you can ask around.

- I took a Preworkout and had to go to the bathroom, why?

That's common when taking products with stimulants like caffeine, you could try less of the product or avoid preworkouts with stimulants if it keeps giving you issues. Make sure the problem is not due to a medical reason.

- I have a question about a product, report a side effect or something customer service related. What should i do?

Best way is to contact and send a personal message to a company representative, you can find who they are in the Directory.

- I experienced a side effect, what should i do?

Follow the labels on the product, generally they recommend discontinuing use and consult a doctor. You can contact a Company Representative to see what they can do.

- Is "x" Supplement safe? can I combine (stack) "x" and "x" Supplement?

There's some extensive safety data on some ingredients, on other not so much, use supplements at your own discretion. Before using various supplements make sure ingredients don't overlap (I.E using two caffeinated products won't be a pleasant experience), research the interactions, use the search bar or ask the company representatives. If you're not sure about how you'll react to supplement(s), check with a physician first.

- I want to learn more about some ingredients, what can I do?

You can look into this thread, search the Bodybuilding.com Database or the Supplement Science Section.
    I was surprised that there was no mention of Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) in this sticky. I've been dealing with DOMS for the past few days. There's so many posts out there; some advising to stretch and/or try calisthenics, whereas other posts suggest BCAA's & some other supplements. Is there a sticky for supplements pertaining to DOMS?
    Maybe if we start telling people their brain is an app, they’ll want to use it.

Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by gerbilz View Post
    people don't rely on supplements.

a proprietary blend of protein isn't really over doing it..
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Anyways, I am looking for a perfect joint cocktail. I have seen and browsed many websites and read articles on what to look for but it seems that I have ran into a wall.

I have patella femoral pain syndrome. I never took anything directly for my joints. I take an EVL multi and just ordered some more fish oil.

I need help finding one or two products. I have looked on BB.com and still kind of clueless as to their reviews.

So, reps (not sure how many I have these days) to any recommendations for joint health supplements. I have looked at Dr and NOW. I have read about turmeric. Je ne sais pas.

So... ya,
    glucosamine, MSM, chondroite, and maybe collagen type 2 might do something for you. Other that that there is not much in the legal market that works.

Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bullcrab has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Koino View Post
    Hello im new on ths one.
    Anyone approve about my routine daily supplemnt i mix

Morning i eat breakfast oatmeal egg and bacon and after that i drink 1scoop of whey , 10grams of BCAA ,2 tablets of amino acid 2222 and 1cup of coffee rest for 30mins and hit the gym and after my workout i rest 30mins and i take 1 scoop whey , 5grams creatine , 2 tablets amino acid 2222

And at night going to sleep i drnk 1 scoop whey, 5grams glutamine

Is ths good or not?
    Ifeel my self seriously fast gain
    But im new i need more suggstion or any recommndation that i wll change?
    would suggest caseine for pre-sleep proteins. For the rest, amino acid supplements (including bcaas) dont do that much if youre getting enough high quality protein out of food/whey/casseine.

Originally Posted by TheForeverAlpha View Post
    Interesting post guys, thanks! Controversial question: How much do you think supplements have aided your physique over the long term? Do you think you would be where you are now, without supplements?
    For me, a whole lot. A lot of my protein comes from whey / caseine. Much more easy and cheap than meat hah

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by YMS_1975 View Post
    I was surprised that there was no mention of Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) in this sticky. I've been dealing with DOMS for the past few days. There's so many posts out there; some advising to stretch and/or try calisthenics, whereas other posts suggest BCAA's & some other supplements. Is there a sticky for supplements pertaining to DOMS?
    Higher frequency is the answer to DOMS, works 100% of the time and highly effective.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

ejohnson135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejohnson135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejohnson135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejohnson135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejohnson135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejohnson135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejohnson135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejohnson135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejohnson135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejohnson135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejohnson135 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I second the sticky recommendation.
    Thanks

Registered User fitnesscouching's Avatar
    fitnesscouching has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnesscouching has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The only drawback to supplements is taking too many. They should be a supplement to your diet and not something that replaces food. Supplements can also be expensive so if you’re taking them long term you need to keep that in mind.
    Beginner Workout Supplement Stack
    1. Protein
    2. Slow Carbs
    3. Creatine
    4. Fish Oil
    5. Beta Alanine
    "If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission." ~Anonymous

foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodie64 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool

Awesome!

Alexteff is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face

Originally Posted by mentalist72 View Post
    Capitalize the "I"'s

gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    People rely on supplements for a matter if factors,

1- Food ($$)
    2 - Financial Obligations / Bills
    3 - Meal Prep is tedious and many people don't have the time to put that together

Hell, I'm living proof. I spent my weighting lifting goals relying on PB, cottage cheese, whey, casein, fish oil, top sirloin steak, vitamins and etc. I over trained (rather I wasn't properly trained and stole workouts from M&F,)

I agree with sumtik28 said. If you want to get bigger, learn how to execute. a protein shake is great but drinking it with actual food is superior. kinda sad how many lifters are so afraid to stop doing splits and start doing real work. i'm not addressing body buildinders, im talk about 150lb - 175lb kids that continuous get shoulder impingements, rest for a few weeks, the hit again

that's what I did. I miss lifting. now I go to the gym to fix my knee;en strengthen by glutes, calves, and shoulder with band work. I've lost 20lbs.

sorry for my lengthy, self pity post.

I take my fish oil, my multi, and whey (only supps). oh and hair skin and nails (don't judge)

im looking for a solid joint supplement and they're a dime a dozen.

ive researched many supplements but can't seem to nail one down.

pfps in my right knee (comes and goes) along with shoulder issues (right trap sags)

im in physical therapy about to start a new facility that is the best in Washington.

I stretch properly, I only rehab my injuries.

thoughts?

and yes, I have tried looking on the forums. nothin past 2015 discusses it.

I eat well when I am able too, I rely on food more than supplements, my medication certainly doesn't help the problem. not even sure If I can mention it,

reps/

curlindia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curlindia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curlindia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curlindia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curlindia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curlindia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curlindia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curlindia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curlindia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curlindia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curlindia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Really a great information you shared with us.

Mjmario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pre-Workout!!

If you are looking for pre workout for sure try mesomorph. There are some good reviews out there.

strongsupplementreviews .com/pre-workout

James0797 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome information about the supplements and congrats for getting it sticky..

Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearlolz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    tbh all u have to do is get a blood test done and get a special multivitamin made for u, this will have everything possible in a pill or two.

Luccio4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does anybody have any recommendations as far as a multivitamin/complex? I've been told Orange Triad + Greens but because of where all the vitamins are sourced from Thorne's is another good choice.

pinkfloyd01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks, very informative !

AmeyaRathod is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Body and skin care product.

Try the wide range of dark skin moisturizer available from the trusted branded company nyassa. All the product made here is been made naturally and does not have any kind of side effect
    and thus the product can be used without any kind of worry and also the effects are amazingly and i have been using the product for past six month and it is been working
    tremendously awesome for me and i suggest you all should look at the wide range also the new year year offer is their on their website and i suggest you go and check them all .

AmeyaRathod is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try the wide range of dark skin moisturizer available from the trusted branded company nyassa. All the product made here is been made naturally and does not have any kind of side effect
    and thus the product can be used without any kind of worry and also the effects are amazingly and i have been using the product for past six month and it is been working
    tremendously awesome for me and i suggest you all should look at the wide range also the new year year offer is their on their website and i suggest you go and check them all .

EnNKaY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Amazing write up

Supplement are necessary to fulfill our needs of nutrients that we a unable to get from our food.

mousaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great information thanks

smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I take 2G of creatine as a post work out and it does make a difference I feel stronger now and I can lift more weights

PaulAlison35 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulAlison35 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulAlison35 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulAlison35 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulAlison35 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulAlison35 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulAlison35 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulAlison35 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulAlison35 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulAlison35 is not very well liked. (-100) PaulAlison35 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Quality reading even though i saw already.

ianmink is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    whats sticky mean

Tuck2314 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am currently taking creatine, Jym for BCAA, and I am not sure if taking some whey after my work out would be beneficial?