Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    AVB4592 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread and just wanted to ask you guys some advice.
    A few days ago I started taking whey protein post workout because I couldn't meet the protein requirements and so far its going well. I've also read a lot about creatine and its benefits.
    My aim is to build muscle( i have a skinny fat physique). Strength hasn't been that much for me but has improved though. Anyways, should I start taking creatine as well or wait 2-3 months and get my proteins in check before starting creatine?

My trainer has advised me to follow a muscle group a day so I focus more on intensity instead of frequency.

LukasMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukasMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukasMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukasMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukasMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukasMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukasMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukasMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukasMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukasMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukasMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you , it useful topic.

Hnarf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hnarf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hnarf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hnarf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hnarf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hnarf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hnarf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hnarf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hnarf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hnarf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hnarf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great topic, sure it's sound info, but let's be clear - creatine can be taken with any beverage and it won't negate ingestion? It's just, I've heard some ****; taking it with water is bad, taking it with citrus juice is bad, from the Hodgetwins.

InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AVB4592 View Post
    My trainer has advised me to follow a muscle group a day so I focus more on intensity instead of frequency.
    If I'm reading this correctly he/she has you only training one muscle group per day? That's absurd. Have you read through the stickies in the forum for workout routines? Plenty of helpful information. Most beginner routines are either full body or 2/3 day splits focusing on compound movements that will hit multiple muscle groups each session. There's no way a beginner should be focusing on a muscle group per day. Makes it sound like they have you doing isolation work which is backasswords.

InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Hnarf View Post
    Great topic, sure it's sound info, but let's be clear - creatine can be taken with any beverage and it won't negate ingestion? It's just, I've heard some ****; taking it with water is bad, taking it with citrus juice is bad, from the Hodgetwins.
    If you don't get plenty of fluids you may end up cramping up. The way I read the stickies is that it's not necessary to take it with juice, ie water is fine. But you want to mix it with something. I put it in with one of my shakes and make sure to get plenty of water throughout the day.

thegodzor is just really nice. (+1000) thegodzor is just really nice. (+1000) thegodzor is just really nice. (+1000) thegodzor is just really nice. (+1000) thegodzor is just really nice. (+1000) thegodzor is just really nice. (+1000) thegodzor is just really nice. (+1000) thegodzor is just really nice. (+1000) thegodzor is just really nice. (+1000) thegodzor is just really nice. (+1000) thegodzor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great post i was worried/confused about if i should take creatine before or after and this cleared all

Gwyndane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gwyndane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gwyndane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gwyndane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gwyndane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gwyndane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gwyndane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gwyndane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gwyndane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gwyndane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gwyndane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thegodzor View Post
    Great post i was worried/confused about if i should take creatine before or after and this cleared all
    at 17 u dont need to take it at all

sssabba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very nice post!
    Although beginners should focus on eating much more than anything else in order to see fast and consistent results.

Explorer1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys new here, When should I start taking creatine?

It seems like it's all the rage ,but I don't know much about it. I've sorted out my nutrition and how much of what I should be eating

Also sorted the gym out aswell got a personal trainer who has helped me a lot, and finally got the confidence to go on my own which is great so go about 3/4 times a week now,

Considering buying some, is there any particular one that is good for beginners or is it all generally the same? And does different brands make a difference?

Any help would be great, thanks guys

NeonAera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread and post. Glad to know creatine is fine with caffeine, because I drink about a cup of tea per day which has some of it. Thanks.
    Just do it.

Liongooder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This was a big help man, especially the bloating part about the creatine.

Schmatz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool To load or not to load

I started taking creatine about a 1 month ago and never began a loading period should i start one now or should i just continue taking the amount ive been taking. Also should i take 3-5 g daily or weekly

enjoytheride4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Clear muscle question

This question is for the muscle tech rep or anyone else. I want to try clear muscle but not pay $80. If it doesn't work etc. Anyway Can I get some free samples? Thanks! Anyone try it and see results and like it?

emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by enjoytheride4 View Post
    This question is for the muscle tech rep or anyone else. I want to try clear muscle but not pay $80. If it doesn't work etc. Anyway Can I get some free samples? Thanks! Anyone try it and see results and like it?
    Not the place to post this question but no there are no samples. There are some trial packs in the MT store here but you are going to need 2 weeks worth to notice any effects from ClearMuscle.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Schmatz View Post
    I started taking creatine about a 1 month ago and never began a loading period should i start one now or should i just continue taking the amount ive been taking. Also should i take 3-5 g daily or weekly
    At 17 no need for any supps. You need to read the other sticky for those under 18
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

wes10brown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow get big supplements

i recommend supplements from stronger nutrition. they have creatine, protein, bcaa's for the lowest price that is sure to get you big.

ervini17 is not very well liked. (-100) ervini17 is not very well liked. (-100) ervini17 is not very well liked. (-100) ervini17 is not very well liked. (-100) ervini17 is not very well liked. (-100) ervini17 is not very well liked. (-100) ervini17 is not very well liked. (-100) ervini17 is not very well liked. (-100) ervini17 is not very well liked. (-100) ervini17 is not very well liked. (-100) ervini17 is not very well liked. (-100)
    great

dietman82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dietman82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dietman82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dietman82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dietman82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dietman82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dietman82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dietman82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dietman82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dietman82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really like this thread.

faizanshujaat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread. Very thorough and helpful indeed.

rapeisntfunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bro advice

eat more and train right

roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the thread sir. It's certainly assisted me in clearing up a creatine related question.

Explorer1991-Creatine is not new. While I've been away from the "gym" for a number of years, and only recently started back, I'm nowhere near "new."

Creatine was "all the rage" a decade or more back. There was a lot of to-do about it and it's safety then, and apparently still today. I think the thread clears up most of the concerns one might have. A little research will also help.

I do have a question though, that I didn't see answered here.
    I've recently began taking the following supplements, manufactured by ProMera Sports:

Capsi Ultra Thermo-Pretty much a Thermogenic.
    ConCret*-Creatine
    PUMP-Extrem*-Nitric Oxide Booster.
    *(actual spelling).

I was told by the rep, to take them in this order:

PUMP - Pre-Workout
    CAPSI- Pre/Intra workout
    Creatine- Post workout.

That said, the instructions indicate the following:
    Creatine-30-45 pre-workout.
    PUMP-15 minutes pre-workout.
    Capsi-10-15 minutes Pre-Workout.

As you can see, everything is Pre-Workout.

Of course the thread here says that it really doesn't matter when you take the Creatine.

For what it matters, I'm almost 58 Y/O.
    My diet is relatively clean (80/20 Paleo), my training is more along the crossfit lines, with 1-day committed to an "old school" weight routine, and usually 30 minutes of specific weight training after each TRX or Crossfit style workout to round things off.

Also, other than a post training BCAA, I take no other supplements.

My goal is to add functional muscle relative to the work and recreation I do, and to avoid cramping and excess fatigue post training.

Any advise to get the most out of the supplements, would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

RW
    Last edited by roguewave; 09-13-2014 at 04:59 PM. Reason: punctuation
    Primally Fit and Tactically Prepared.
    Focused on Longevity.

"Failure is not an option..." Apollo 13

harrismahmood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is very useful! Favorited it

jetmec34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

creatine timing

OK. So I work nightshift. I usually hit the gym after work before going to bed. Is it more beneficial to take creatine pre-workout or right when I get up since my hours are off and im working out before bed as opposed to when im waking up

crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crofts11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Loading phase injury

Ok so I have started taking creatine so started the loading phase on mon but due to a bit of an injury and work commitments I have trained once since I started should I just break off the loading phase and start again next week when I will actually get a chance to rain or are my muscles currently getting hugely saturated by not training an start my maintenance phase next week?

Thanks all

roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10) roguewave is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Anyone else notice a lack of responses in here?
    Primally Fit and Tactically Prepared.
    Focused on Longevity.

"Failure is not an option..." Apollo 13

Registered User stretchmarkshop's Avatar
    stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10) stretchmarkshop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok am new to bodybuilding. I guess it's a good idea I joined this forum. really learning some insights

mahlmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine and sugar

When I first started taking monohydrate I just took it with my protein shake pre and post workout. I did a loading phase and after about a month of maintaining "saturation" at about 5 grams a day I never really noticed much results from the creatine. I had heard that taking monohydrate with sugar can help with its efficacy but was informed that taking it with a protein shake was good enough. After a month of little to no results I started adding a few tablespoons of table sugar into my protein shake which included my creatine pre and post workout or whenever i took creatine. After about 2-3 weeks I started to see way more results from the creatine during workout and also a more fullness to my muscles (noticibly my arms). This tells me that sugar is very important to transport creatine to the muscles. I also will be switching from table sugar to pure dextrose as it is better for you and it actually boosts insulin much better than table sugar being that dextrose is a simple sugar and table sugar is more complex.

JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Very helpful for the newbies good thread.

emceegrendel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emceegrendel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emceegrendel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emceegrendel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emceegrendel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emceegrendel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emceegrendel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emceegrendel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emceegrendel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emceegrendel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emceegrendel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    awesome sticky! already referred two friends to this thread that had plenty of questions about supplemental proteins. i have no problem leaving it to the pros lol

gls77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks