Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Registered User 2Rude4MyOwnGood's Avatar
    2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by theuptownfan View Post
    I ordered some mag citrate for purposes other than a laxative effect and took 400 mg hopefully this does the trick
    If you bought the pills it won't have the same effect. Still good for you, but the oral solution is the one that works as a laxative. All magnesium supplements are good for digestion though.

If you bought the oral solution, clear your schedule for a few hours.

theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ryansmeltzer View Post
    Yes stay ahead on your bowel movements!! I didnt lol and paid the price and went on dulcolax for like a week. Not fun. Honestly if I could go back, I wouldnt even of taken any narotics at all. I didnt need them.
    I know dude I pukedtwice today the meds helped in the short term but now I'm paying the price. I theoretically took the correct dosage but my body is rejecting it. And I rarely puke, even from drinking I binge drank a lot in college and only puked once. Might have to get an I.V. , plus the shoulder pain is back. Just fantastic!

theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) theuptownfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 2Rude4MyOwnGood View Post
    If you bought the pills it won't have the same effect. Still good for you, but the oral solution is the one that works as a laxative. All magnesium supplements are good for digestion though.

If you bought the oral solution, clear your schedule for a few hours.
    Yea they are the NOW brand pills. Unfortunately I'm rejecting anything I eat or drink right now so I may need an I.V.

My dad has some Phillips brand I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I rejected it

ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know dude I pukedtwice today the meds helped in the short term but now I'm paying the price. I theoretically took the correct dosage but my body is rejecting it. And I rarely puke, even from drinking I binge drank a lot in college and only puked once. Might have to get an I.V. , plus the shoulder pain is back. Just fantastic!
    Keep drinking lots of water if you can hold that down. I would call your surgeons nurse and see if you can get a different medicine. I also took a non-narcotic pain killer called ********. It works great but you have to take this other anti-nauseus medicine with it. If not, maybe just handle the pain and see if it subsides in a couple of days. I know no one likes pain, but for me personally Id rather deal with pain then puking or constipation. But def maybe ask your surgeon or their secretary.

Registered User 2Rude4MyOwnGood's Avatar
    2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yea they are the NOW brand pills. Unfortunately I'm rejecting anything I eat or drink right now so I may need an I.V.

My dad has some Phillips brand I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I rejected it
    Unfortunately, narcotics can make some people very nauseous. Sounds like you're one of them. Your doctor can prescribe you an anti-nausea medication like Zofran which will fix that problem. I'd call and ask about that ASAP.

ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryansmeltzer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 2Rude4MyOwnGood View Post
    Unfortunately, narcotics can make some people very nauseous. Sounds like you're one of them. Your doctor can prescribe you an anti-nausea medication like Zofran which will fix that problem. I'd call and ask about that ASAP.
    Yes! I took Zofran simultaneuosly with my narcotics and it took away all my nauseousness.

Quick update on my post op guidelines:

Talked with my physical therapist this morning and I am set to do assistive range of motion 6-10 week marks and then a strengthening phase from 10-14 week marks and then I will be released from PT (assuming everything goes smoothly). So I am hoping to do some light lifting at the 14 week mark and advance in weight from there. May be the 14th or may be the 16th week. Just have to see how Im feeling and progressing. But feels good to have my next goals in line!

And that puts me at the 3-4 month range of recovering. My surgeon says after the 4 month mark, the shoulder should be basically 100% healed. Doesnt mean you feel 100% but the labrum wont really heal any further at that point.

Quick update on my post op guidelines:

Talked with my physical therapist this morning and I am set to do assistive range of motion 6-10 week marks and then a strengthening phase from 10-14 week marks and then I will be released from PT (assuming everything goes smoothly). So I am hoping to do some light lifting at the 14 week mark and advance in weight from there. May be the 14th or may be the 16th week. Just have to see how Im feeling and progressing. But feels good to have my next goals in line!

And that puts me at the 3-4 month range of recovering. My surgeon says after the 4 month mark, the shoulder should be basically 100% healed. Doesnt mean you feel 100% but the labrum wont really heal any further at that point.
    I have a similar recovery outlook as well. The surgeon said I could "lift heavy" at the 4 month mark but I'm gonna interpret this as learning how to lift again around here.

I got an I.V. In the middle of the night because I was extremely dehydrated. They also gave me some Zofran. I'm gonna try to get by without the Norco because I don't want to risk getting constipated or sick again as well.

This should do the trick for me: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sMjgaa5j_LE

383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How did you guys deal with the incredible soreness/stiffness in the upper back/pec region from the sling? Its driving me nuts

I have a similar recovery outlook as well. The surgeon said I could "lift heavy" at the 4 month mark but I'm gonna interpret this as learning how to lift again around here.

I got an I.V. In the middle of the night because I was extremely dehydrated. They also gave me some Zofran. I'm gonna try to get by without the Norco because I don't want to risk getting constipated or sick again as well.
    Yes basically starting from square one again with lifting. But as long as you had lifted and gained muscle prior to your injury which Im assuming everyone has, then you will advance in weight quick. Muscle memory is a helluva drug. Ive been told my PT to take half of your time off and thats how long it'll take to be back at the strength you were at pre injury. So for example, if you took 6 months off, it'll take the average person 3 months to get back to where you were.

Originally Posted by 383max View Post
    How did you guys deal with the incredible soreness/stiffness in the upper back/pec region from the sling? Its driving me nuts
    Are you wearing a TENS Unit/Nerve Stimulator?

383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10) 383max is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are you wearing a TENS Unit/Nerve Stimulator?
    No, I dont have anything on there. I just try lying back to take the pressure off my shoulders

I don't have that at all, my sling is comfortable actually. It's called Breg SlingShot 2

Yes basically starting from square one again with lifting. But as long as you had lifted and gained muscle prior to your injury which Im assuming everyone has, then you will advance in weight quick. Muscle memory is a helluva drug. Ive been told my PT to take half of your time off and thats how long it'll take to be back at the strength you were at pre injury. So for example, if you took 6 months off, it'll take the average person 3 months to get back to where you were.
    I'm hoping it would be quicker for me because I practically haven't lifted in 9 months already bc of this damn injury lol. I had a lot of trouble finding the time to lift during undergrad but during the summer I was in the gym 5 days a week and put on some serious weight (22 pounds in 4 months, not all muscle obviously) but yea I would like to think I'll get that muscle memory back even quicker. For example the hodge twins didn't lift for 11 years and made back their old gains in 4 months

What your PT said is theoretically correct though. I read somewhere that you gain muscle twice as fast as you lose it

HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm hoping it would be quicker for me because I practically haven't lifted in 9 months already bc of this damn injury lol. I had a lot of trouble finding the time to lift during undergrad but during the summer I was in the gym 5 days a week and put on some serious weight (22 pounds in 4 months, not all muscle obviously) but yea I would like to think I'll get that muscle memory back even quicker. For example the hodge twins didn't lift for 11 years and made back their old gains in 4 months

What your PT said is theoretically correct though. I read somewhere that you gain muscle twice as fast as you lose it
    Started lifting seriously 3.5 months after surgery maybe a lil earlier but really went to heavy too quick and was constantly needing to have 1-2 week rest periods but overall yes you gain it back very quick. Can't say exactly how long it took to get back to as strong as I was but I am much stronger now then pre injury.

How long till you could run again? I was always afraid my arm would pop out while swinging it back and forth

Originally Posted by HammZ View Post
    Started lifting seriously 3.5 months after surgery maybe a lil earlier but really went to heavy too quick and was constantly needing to have 1-2 week rest periods but overall yes you gain it back very quick. Can't say exactly how long it took to get back to as strong as I was but I am much stronger now then pre injury.
    Thats good to hear you are stronger now. I am hearing a lot of people online and a few people I know in person who have had the surgery that they are definitely stronger now than pre injury.

Had my second high volume leg workout today and through some abs in there. Its prolly all in my head but I feel like when I workout my legs, it helps my whole body and thus helps my shoulder. But anyways everything is going smooth so far.

Had my second high volume leg workout today and through some abs in there. Its prolly all in my head but I feel like when I workout my legs, it helps my whole body and thus helps my shoulder. But anyways everything is going smooth so far.
    How long ago did you have your surgery to be exact?

What are you guys all supplementing with? Starting Monday my stack will be:
    Multivitamin
    Fish oil - 3g EPA/DHA (buy muscle pharm, best bang for your buck (I calculated it across many brands) and it's buy 2 get 1 free on this site right now)
    Magnesium citrate
    Animal flex
    Sns cissus (5% extract is apparently the best for tissue damage)

I am hoping this can aid and accelerate the recovery

Multivitamin
    Fish oil - 3g EPA/DHA (buy muscle pharm, best bang for your buck (I calculated it across many brands) and it's buy 2 get 1 free on this site right now)
    Magnesium citrate
    Animal flex

These sound like the perfect mix. I'm gonna get on these as well. I've been using bromelain+quercetin but these are part of animal flex which sounds super comprehensive

Multivitamin
    Magnesium citrate
    Animal flex

I take my multivitamin and fish oil and citracal but nothing else. My doctor said nothing else will really help or quicken my recovery. And I am 4 weeks & 4 days post op today.

Where did you guys feel pain during recovery? I get it along the back of my arm near my armpit/upper tricep region.

Where did you guys feel pain during recovery? I get it along the back of my arm near my armpit/upper tricep region.
    Too early for me to tell at this stage

How did you all tear your labrums? Acute injury or did it tear overtime? Mine was an acute injury

Whenever I feel pain, its right where the tear and surgery happened. Thats most of the time. During some therapy exercises, I will feel it in other places in my shoulder but it mostly all goes back to where the location of the tear was. Right between the two incisions on the front of my shoulder.

How did you all tear your labrums? Acute injury or did it tear overtime? Mine was an acute injury
    Both-- fell on it 5 years ago and had occasional dislocations but no labral tear pain. Then it tore painfully during a workout

Mine subluxed doing 90's on incline dumbell bench. I dont think it was an acute injury. I think it had been getting worse overtime, not getting worse quickly but slightly. I believe other exercises contributed to the injury not the incline bench. But I went to kick the 90 up with my right leg, got it up, threw my left one up, but before I even did a rep, boom my right shoulder gives out and I instantly dropped the weight. Didnt dislocate but just moved or subluxed.

Mine subluxed doing 90's on incline dumbell bench. I dont think it was an acute injury. I think it had been getting worse overtime, not getting worse quickly but slightly. I believe other exercises contributed to the injury not the incline bench. But I went to kick the 90 up with my right leg, got it up, threw my left one up, but before I even did a rep, boom my right shoulder gives out and I instantly dropped the weight. Didnt dislocate but just moved or subluxed.
    Yea mine went from good to bad in 2 seconds. Was shoulder pressing not a crazy amount of weight (52.5 lb dumbells) and on the third set on my 10th rep or so as I went up, the dumbell fell back on me. I unfortunately didn't instinctively drop the weight. Instead I awkwardly rested it to the ground. During the process my shoulder dislocated and popped right back into place, so I wasn't really in pain, I just knew something wasn't right.

What contributed to the injury was 1) I used the long adjustable bench (as opposed to the low seat/stool that I wa used to over the years) because those were occupied. Not necessarily saying that the long adjustable bench is very dangerous, but I guess I just wasn't used to it. 2) I have to admit I clearly was not being careful enough. 3) if my left rear delt were better developed this would have protected me from such on event.

Bottom line with any I injury is that s*it happens

Fingers crossed that my other shoulder doesn't give out at some point in the future. I'm confident I'll prevent an acute injury at this point because I will be more careful, but these injuries can really build up over time it sounds like.

There are actually quite a few double labral repair people out there. Let's hope we stay safe fellas

And Ryanmeltzer that definitely sounds like your injury was bound to happen

Yea mine went from good to bad in 2 seconds. Was shoulder pressing not a crazy amount of weight (52.5 lb dumbells) and on the third set on my 10th rep or so as I went up, the dumbell fell back on me. I unfortunately didn't instinctively drop the weight. Instead I awkwardly rested it to the ground. During the process my shoulder dislocated and popped right back into place, so I wasn't really in pain, I just knew something wasn't right.

What contributed to the injury was 1) I used the long adjustable bench (as opposed to the low seat/stool that I wa used to over the years) because those were occupied. Not necessarily saying that the long adjustable bench is very dangerous, but I guess I just wasn't used to it. 2) I have to admit I clearly was not being careful enough. 3) if my left rear delt were better developed this would have protected me from such on event.

Bottom line with any I injury is that s*it happens

Fingers crossed that my other shoulder doesn't give out at some point in the future. I'm confident I'll prevent an acute injury at this point because I will be more careful, but these injuries can really build up over time it sounds like.

There are actually quite a few double labral repair people out there. Let's hope we stay safe fellas
    Yeah seriously theres some severe tears Ive read about. Im going to spend the first few months lifting again focused on rotator cuff strengthening and getting my shoulders super balanced before getting into heavy weights. I was overtraining for sure and had too much work commitmemts to over-tax my body.