Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stomach still feels a little weird so now the major suspects are wheat, peanuts, greek yogurt, eggs. I will test eggs on Monday. Adding Milk back in today.
    Check out my progress first log!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161702003

mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitulmgandhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mitulmgandhi View Post
    Stomach still feels a little weird so now the major suspects are wheat, peanuts, greek yogurt, eggs. I will test eggs on Monday. Adding Milk back in today.
    Wow Quick body feedback. I drank one glass of milk after staying off of it for 2 days and I feel like ****. Gotta face the truth may have lactose intolerance. May also have another intolerance as well ??Wheat/peanuts/eggs??. I am going to lay off milk and possibly yogurt. I will need some form of protein being vegetarian so that will be protein shakes, moz cheese, satein, tempeh, soy.

This is going to be tougher than I thought.

Anyone have experience with testing food intolerances please feel free to way in.

Retested Milk intolerance (because I am in denial). Just had some meatless beef tips and a glass of milk. Nervously waiting for the results.

Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Wink

Curious at ur results

Just got back from VA. Actually did a decent job of eating there despite being on vacation. Average 2000 calories for 3 days. Managed to get eggs everyday.

But I am making a huge change to my diet and exercise plan. I have been feeling really really ****ty for a long time. I have many stomach issues. I have also been getting joint pain ( knees and shoulder, elbow) while I working out. And I also have been getting a little foggy brain. I am turning everything upside down now. I am finally listening to my body. Whatever I have been eating is not working.

Here is my new plan and it started. Its kind of a culmination of everything that I have picked up from podcasts (mostly Fat Burning Man) and this book called the Grain Brain. I am going on a elimination diet and trying to eliminate gluten. I am increasing my good fat intake and minimizing carbs.

Goals:

Eliminate all Gluten from Diet
    Minimize carbs 30-40g/day
    Minimize dairy (including whey)
    Maximize good fats (avocado, nuts, MCT oil)
    Try to buy natural, non antibiotic, non-gmo, free-range whole foods (yet to figure out where to go for this)
    Maximize Vegetables
    Don't worry so much about protein intake (get as much as I can from eggs, vegetables, beans, lentils, nuts)

Work out - HIIT + Circuit Training (10-15 min 30/90 at high resistance + 5 exercises non-stop x 4 circuits)

M- Biceps Back, legs

W- Chest, Tri, abs

F- Legs

Yesterday's workout

10.5 min HIIT at 13 resistance

BB curl x 20 reps
    DB tricep extension x 20 reps
    BB close grip curl x 20 reps
    BB Squat x 20 reps

We'll see how this goes up.. Will keep you all updated

Originally Posted by Insilicio View Post
    Curious at ur results
    Insilicio,

Love that you are still following! Thanks so much. Yeah after that meal and in retrospect I realized how crappy I have been eating. I did not feel good at all after. The beefless tips are completely wheat gluten. I am not really sure where my milk comes from (Walmart) . Like I said above I am on a mission to find quality food.

OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First off congrats on the progress so far, man. My gym partner is a vegetarian so I've seen some of the ups and downs that come with lifting. Props to you guys. Couldn't live without the red meat that's slowly clogging my arteries buy anyway lol

I just wanted to express a couple concerns I had. Based on the title of your log "gut yet scrawny" it sounds like skinny fat. Dropping the carbs, which is a personal preference thing, is going to affect your energy levels in the gym. I'm more surprised no one has said anything about limiting protein intake. That starts wars on this forum lol. My fear for you would be the high cardio focused workouts. HIIT followed by circuit training with low weight and high reps and lack of protein intake. In a calorie deficit you might burnout pretty quickly on that. Then you also run the risk of burning away what muscle you do have and causing your skinny fat problem to get worse.

I refuse to be one of those people who tells people how to live their gym-life(Unless I'm asked to lol) but I think it would do you good to add in some high weight, low rep workouts and keep up the protein intake.

My only other concern was your split. You're only hitting one muscle group a week. You'd be way better off doing like a full body three times a week.

BB curl x 20 reps
    BB Squat x 20 reps

Just as an example that was your Monday workout which is supposed to be back, bis and legs but is actually Biceps, triceps, biceps, legs. Your back is your biggest muscle group. Don't want to ignore that.

But like I said I'm not trying to say you're wrong or insult you. Just wanted to give my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by OKGuy View Post
    First off congrats on the progress so far, man. My gym partner is a vegetarian so I've seen some of the ups and downs that come with lifting. Props to you guys. Couldn't live without the red meat that's slowly clogging my arteries buy anyway lol

I just wanted to express a couple concerns I had. Based on the title of your log "gut yet scrawny" it sounds like skinny fat. Dropping the carbs, which is a personal preference thing, is going to affect your energy levels in the gym. I'm more surprised no one has said anything about limiting protein intake. That starts wars on this forum lol. My fear for you would be the high cardio focused workouts. HIIT followed by circuit training with low weight and high reps and lack of protein intake. In a calorie deficit you might burnout pretty quickly on that. Then you also run the risk of burning away what muscle you do have and causing your skinny fat problem to get worse.

I refuse to be one of those people who tells people how to live their gym-life(Unless I'm asked to lol) but I think it would do you good to add in some high weight, low rep workouts and keep up the protein intake.

My only other concern was your split. You're only hitting one muscle group a week. You'd be way better off doing like a full body three times a week.

BB curl x 20 reps
    BB Squat x 20 reps

Just as an example that was your Monday workout which is supposed to be back, bis and legs but is actually Biceps, triceps, biceps, legs. Your back is your biggest muscle group. Don't want to ignore that.

But like I said I'm not trying to say you're wrong or insult you. Just wanted to give my 2 cents.

OkGUy

I love the input. This is exactly the kind of criticism I need from people.
    Regarding you carbs comment. I am really concerned that carbs are doing more harm than good. They may be a good source of quick energy but there are a lot of other consequences I am noting. According to the Grain Brain diet this low carb is only to be done for one month then increase to 60g (from 30-40). It's an elimination diet with the end goal of reintroducing to check intolerance.

Protein. Like I said I am going to try to get in as much protein as I can without eating GMO soy (got some organic edamame Trader joes), beans, vegetables, nuts, and lentils. I am eliminating whey because I can't really trust the manufacturing practices of the companies. Trying to eat as much natural stuff as I can and stay away from already prepared food, packaged, canned, or frozen food.

HIIT controversy. I have been back and forth about it. Like I said before I am trying to listen to my body. When I do HIIT i actually (as weird as this sounds) feel the burn in my stomach. Maybe a psychological thing but I think I am going to try it out for a month at least.

The low Reps are only because again I am listening to my body. I have some injuries (may be inflammatory due to years of ****ty diet) but I have joint pain and the essential fulcrums of all these compound exercises ( elbows, shoulders, knees). I am doing low weights high reps until they heal. I did not feel any strain yesterday when I did my workout.

Again another controversy should I do full body circuit (then I would not get any rest for any muscle groups) or should I do the classic split.

Thank you for catching my mistake.. I will add some Lat pull downs, rows, or classic pull ups,

Can you explain why you think my split is only hitting ONE muscle group per week?
    my understanding is the I have 5 muscle group BI, Tri, Back, Legs , Chest. Just hitting legs twice M and Friday. Maybe we have 2 different definitions of hitting.

I would love to get some perspective from your Vegetarian roommate as well. Is he on the bodybuilding.com forum?

May 13, 2014
    FOODS Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholest Sodium Sugars Fiber

Breakfast
    Green Smoothie (Kale, Celery, Blue Berry, Eggspectations, Spinach), 1 serving(s) 360 45g 6g 36g 15mg 289mg 28g 10g

Lunch
    Kraft-mozerella Cheese Sticks - Kraft Cheese Sticks, 2 piece 160 0g 12g 14g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g

Dinner
    Lettuce - Green leaf, raw, 3 leaf inner 2 0g 0g 0g 0mg 4mg 0g 0g
    La Preferida - Black Beans, 0.25 container (910 grams ea.) 193 33g 2g 12g 0mg 700mg 2g 12g
    Kraft - Mexican Style Four Chesse, 1/4 cup [28] 100 1g 8g 6g 45mg 180mg 0g 0g
    Red Onion - Chopped, 1/3 cup 22 5g 0g 0g 0mg 2mg 2g 1g
    Avocados - Raw, 0.5 avocado, NS as to Florida or California 161 9g 15g 2g 0mg 7mg 1g 7g
    Trader Joes - Original Unsweetened Coconut Milk, 1 cup 50 1g 5g 0g 0mg 150mg 0g 0g

Snacks
    Kraft - Hot Habanero Montery Jack Cheese Slices, 1 slice 80 1g 7g 4g 20mg 140mg 0g 0g
    TOTAL: 1,128 95g 55g 74g 80mg 1,472mg 33g 30g
    Last edited by mitulmgandhi; 05-13-2014 at 06:49 PM.

So I didn't realize how hard it is to eat low carb. Blueberries and beans make a difference of 66g. I could have gone without the blueberries but not the blackbeans.

OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OKGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mitulmgandhi View Post
    OkGUy

I love the input. This is exactly the kind of criticism I need from people.
    Regarding you carbs comment. I am really concerned that carbs are doing more harm than good. They may be a good source of quick energy but there are a lot of other consequences I am noting. According to the Grain Brain diet this low carb is only to be done for one month then increase to 60g (from 30-40). It's an elimination diet with the end goal of reintroducing to check intolerance.

I'll have to read up on Grain Brain to see what its about. Just never heard of anyone having issued taking in natural forms of carbs. Unless you count water retention.

Protein. Like I said I am going to try to get in as much protein as I can without eating GMO soy (got some organic edamame Trader joes), beans, vegetables, nuts, and lentils. I am eliminating whey because I can't really trust the manufacturing practices of the companies. Trying to eat as much natural stuff as I can and stay away from already prepared food, packaged, canned, or frozen food.

Ah. Just eliminating whey shouldn't be an issue. There are a ton of people who don't use protein supplements. As long as you get enough throughout the day from other sources you shouldn't have any issues.

HIIT controversy. I have been back and forth about it. Like I said before I am trying to listen to my body. When I do HIIT i actually (as weird as this sounds) feel the burn in my stomach. Maybe a psychological thing but I think I am going to try it out for a month at least.

Like in your core or actually in your stomach? One sounds like stomach acid sloshing around lol.

The low Reps are only because again I am listening to my body. I have some injuries (may be inflammatory due to years of ****ty diet) but I have joint pain and the essential fulcrums of all these compound exercises ( elbows, shoulders, knees). I am doing low weights high reps until they heal. I did not feel any strain yesterday when I did my workout.

Ah, gotcha. Injuries I can understand too well. Got a tear in my shoulder that is finally healed up and my good ol' blown out knee from high school football. I'm in the process of working back up to heavier weights myself so even I'm out of my ideal rep range right. End goal is still to get back to lifting heavy.

Again another controversy should I do full body circuit (then I would not get any rest for any muscle groups) or should I do the classic split.

I think the only real benefit I've ever seen in a circuit style workout is elevated heart rate which helps burn some calories. The classic split allows for you to hit each muscle group 3 times a week and is better overall for building a foundation in the basics of lifting. Something like starting strength or ice cream fitness(But this has a lot more volume and isolation work than starting strength.) will help burn calories by targeting major muscle groups three times a week but also let you keep as much strength as possible while cutting. I still think the number one thing for beginner lifters is Form Form Form. Saves a lot of trouble later on. Starting Strength will definitely help with that.

Thank you for catching my mistake.. I will add some Lat pull downs, rows, or classic pull ups,

Can you explain why you think my split is only hitting ONE muscle group per week?
    my understanding is the I have 5 muscle group BI, Tri, Back, Legs , Chest. Just hitting legs twice M and Friday. Maybe we have 2 different definitions of hitting.

I was blind and didn't see legs on Friday. I meant muscle groups once a week. You only hit chest once a week and bis once a week and so on. A split like that that focuses mostly on individual muscle groups and isolation workouts and is typically used by advanced lifters and normally for people bulking so they can pay extra attention to smaller muscle groups. Someone who is just breaking into lifting imo benefits much more from doing a full body routine three times a week. I lost 80 pounds and built a great foundation using starting strength a couple years ago. And will still stick with a version of it for my bulk this winter. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

It's a long read but worth it even if you don't follow the program.

I would love to get some perspective from your Vegetarian roommate as well. Is he on the bodybuilding.com forum?
    I don't think he even knows how to open is browser lol if it's not WoW his computer isn't turned on lol. I'll see if I can drag him onto the forums or if you have any questions for him specifically I'll be at the gym with him today and can drill him for you lol. I did ask him about his opinion on carbs yesterday. His response something along the line of "I'd die without rice". He's a giant though, 6'5 and 230.
    May 12: 209 | May 19: XXX | May 26: XXX |
    June 2: XXX | June 9: XXX | June 16: XXX | June 23: XXX | June 30: XXX
    July 7: XXX | July 14: XXX | July 21: XXX | July 28: XXX | August 4: XXX (Vacation in Vegas Starts.)

Sorry to all 2 of my followers! have not posted in a while but diet is still going strong. As OKguy suggested I switched to a full body workout and took out circuit training. I am still doing high reps because of my injuries but I am doing 4 sets. I have also switched all my exercises to compound and free weights (no machines) .

I also took out the HIIT training. I will add it back if I don't feel like I am seeing results.

Diet is basically Green smoothie in the morning
    some form of broccoli and cheese, or sweet potato and broccoli, lettuce wrap with black beans and salsa for lunch
    Quinoa risoto made from blended vegetables (squash, brocoli, mushrooms, zuchini). Sometimes I add some coconut oil or coconut milk

3 meals a day. I used to be able to get by with 2 meals a day but now I get hungry quicker. Hopefully that means my metabolism is increasing.

I will keep you all updated more often

Cheers

I can't believe is started this in 2014 and 5 years later I am in the same place Shame. Now I am dedicated.

Plan

5x5
    1500 cals/day

Here is my Food Diary since I started 5 x5

September 9, 2019
    Breakfast
    On - Gold Standard, 2 scoop w water 240 6g 2g 48g 80mg 260mg 2g 0g
    Lunch
    16oz Yuengling Draft - Beer, 32 oz 400 32g --g 2g --mg --mg --g --g
    Homemade - Mayo, 1 Tbsp 123 0g 14g 0g --mg --mg --g --g
    Avocado, 0.25 medium 60 3g 5g 1g 0mg 3mg 0g 3g
    Crystal Farms - Meunster Cheese, 2 SLICE 160 0g 14g 12g --mg 300mg --g --g
    Winco - Sliced Roast Beef, 2 oz ( slices) 60 1g 2g 10g 20mg 500mg 1g 0g
    Turkey - Sliced Turkey, 1 slice 30 1g 1g 6g 9mg 195mg 1g 0g
    Mars - Ham Slice, 1 slice 40 2g 1g 5g 15mg 390mg 1g 0g
    Walmart - Wheat Bread Sub, 1 roll 260 47g 4g 11g 5mg --mg 2g --g
    Dinner
    Mission - Fajita Flour Tortilla, 2.5 tortilla 275 45g 6g 8g 0mg 775mg 3g 3g
    Cheese, mexican, queso chihuahua, 0.5 cup, diced 247 4g 20g 14g 69mg 407mg 4g 0g
    flank steak - Flank Steak, 3 oz 135 0g 7g 18g 56mg 45mg 0g 0g
    TOTAL: 2,030 141g 76g 135g 254mg 2,875mg 14g 6g
    September 10, 2019
    Breakfast
    Clementines, 1 clementine 35 9g 0g 1g 0mg 1mg 7g 1g
    Mission - Tortilla, 1 tortilla 140 24g 4g 4g 0mg 420mg 1g 1g
    Egg, 2 large 143 1g 10g 13g 372mg 142mg 0g 0g
    Lunch
    Mixed Nuts - Mixed Nuts, 0.25 cup 210 8g 19g 6g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g
    Dressing, 2 tsp 50 5g 4g 0g 0mg 0mg 5g 0g
    Cheese, feta, 0.25 cup, crumbled 0 2g 8g 5g 33mg 344mg 2g 0g
    Trader Joe's - Chicken Thighs, 3 oz 120 2g 5g 16g 75mg 330mg 0g 0g
    Dinner
    Tostitos - Tortilla Chip, 24 chips 140 19g 7g 2g 0mg 115mg 0g 1g
    Trader Joe's - Chicken Thighs, 4 oz 160 3g 7g 21g 100mg 440mg 0g 0g
    TOTAL: 998 73g 64g 68g 580mg 1,792mg 15g 3g
    September 11, 2019
    Breakfast
    Gatorade - Mini, 2 One mini bottle 160 42g 0g 0g 0mg 320mg 42g 0g
    udis - bagel, 1 unit 240 37g 7g 7g 0mg 400mg 4g 2g
    Egg, 2 large 143 1g 10g 13g 372mg 142mg 0g 0g
    Lunch
    Mexican Cheese - Cheese, 0.33 cup 110 1g 9g 6g 25mg 180mg 0g 0g
    Homemade - Marinera Sauce, 1 cup cooked 160 8g 14g 2g 0mg 680mg 6g 2g
    flank steak - Flank Steak, 3 oz 135 0g 7g 18g 56mg 45mg 0g 0g
    Udi's Gluten Free Pizza Crust - Gluten Free Pizza Crust, 1 Pizza Crust 380 62g 10g 8g 0mg 680mg 10g 2g
    TOTAL: 1,328 151g 57g 54g 453mg 2,447mg 62g 6g
    September 12, 2019
    Breakfast
    Meijer - Almond Milk, 1 cup 40 2g 3g 1g 0mg 180mg 1g 1g
    Banana, 0.5 medium 53 13g 0g 1g 0mg 1mg 7g 2g
    On - Gold Standard, 3 scoop w water 360 9g 3g 72g 120mg 390mg 3g 0g
    Lunch
    Crystal Farms - Meunster Cheese, 2 SLICE 160 0g 14g 12g --mg 300mg --g --g
    Winco - Sliced Roast Beef, 2 oz ( slices) 60 1g 2g 10g 20mg 500mg 1g 0g
    Turkey - Sliced Turkey, 1 slice 30 1g 1g 6g 9mg 195mg 1g 0g
    Mars - Ham Slice, 1 slice 40 2g 1g 5g 15mg 390mg 1g 0g