gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000)

Tanning for comp

So for a competition I have coming up in 3 weeks, no tanning product is allowed backstage. What is the best route to go with this?
    Owner of Rapid Transformation Training LLC
    Transform your Mind, Body and Life

www.rapidtransformationtraining.com

linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They are probably referring to dream tan. You can hired the tanning service the promoter hired on site or you can buy yourself a bottle of Jan Tana Ultra 1 and do it yourself the night before (about 2 - 3 coats) and touch it up one more coat the day of the show.

gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can I put dream tan on before I go inside?
    Owner of Rapid Transformation Training LLC
    Transform your Mind, Body and Life

www.rapidtransformationtraining.com

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gekkoboy14 View Post
    Can I put dream tan on before I go inside?
    Nope, it still gets everywhere... most shows that don't allow DT have a sponsoring tanning service. My first show didn't so I used the Liquid Sun Rayz bronzer, a coat the day before and another the day of and it worked like a charm. It's not oil based like DT is so it doesn't rub off, so no worries about the promotor getting hissy
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gekkoboy14 View Post
    So for a competition I have coming up in 3 weeks, no tanning product is allowed backstage. What is the best route to go with this?
    They should be more specific about this rule. Do they expect you to tan up before showing up to the venue or do they just want to avoid oil based tans to keep the place tidy? Some organizers are scared about the clean up even when using non-oil based tans that dry quickly. Applying them may still get droplets on the floors and walls. Usually the venues have specific tan-up places that have protected floors and walls, but I suppose not every organizer bothers with this. Easier to just tell the athletes to piss off and apply the tan at home. Which can suck, especially if you are from out-of town, have no hotel spot and have to wear a ton of clothing afterwards to get to the venue. You are likely to need touch-ups here and there due to clothing friction and whatnot.

Also what about clear oils for the finishing sheen? You can't apply those at home, those must be applied around pump-up time. So ask about all that just in-case.

Well, I suggest you pick up a non-oil based product like Jan Tana or Top Tan or whatever and get yourself properly tanned at home/sports club or whereever you can. A couple of coats the day before and another the day of the show. Or if the contest is later in the day, you can probably do all coats on the contest day. Just start early so you'll give the tan enough time to properly set and dry.
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well you usually apply pro-tan or whatever other product you are using the night before so it has time to dry. There shouldn't be a problem with that, you wouldn't want to apply that stuff backstage anyway you would be wet when you went on stage.
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    Nope, it still gets everywhere... most shows that don't allow DT have a sponsoring tanning service. My first show didn't so I used the Liquid Sun Rayz bronzer, a coat the day before and another the day of and it worked like a charm. It's not oil based like DT is so it doesn't rub off, so no worries about the promotor getting hissy
    Bingo. Liquid Sun Rayz is easily your best bet for convenience and the best looking color. With some of the other products you need 5-6 coats to actually get dark enough and you end up looking orange. LSR is two coats (MAYBE 3 at the most) and a dark mahogany brown every time.

I've used Dream Tan in the past and had bad experiences. Rubs off EVERYWHERE (including places you don't even remember touching), is nearly impossible to pose in, and is incredibly uncomfortable.