dave76262 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Sideways running on a treadmill

Several folks run sideways on the gym treadmills in what looks to me like a very dangerous and ineffective affectation. Today while I was warming up, a young lady was alternating sides while running sideways on a treadmill and I noticed one of her show laces was flailing around. I wish there was someone to bet with on how long she could continue before she stepped on her own shoe lace. It took about three minutes and she was lucky she did not plant her head into the treadmill display. She paused the machine, retied the shoe lace, and proceeded again.

My fear now is that one of these idiots will severely fall and I will have to witness it. Mine is not the only gym where I have witnessed this. So any advice on protecting myself while Darwin thins the crowd?

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You talking about the Carioca drill?

I've never seen it done on a treadmill and seems kind of silly but not sure how you could really hurt yourself anyway. I personally would not care what anyone else does as long as it doesn't endanger me

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've never seen this new fad. I wonder if it's brought to us by the same genius's who thought it was a good idea to squat on a ball?

Originally Posted by dave76262 View Post
    Several folks run sideways on the gym treadmills in what looks to me like a very dangerous and ineffective affectation. Today while I was warming up, a young lady was alternating sides while running sideways on a treadmill and I noticed one of her show laces was flailing around. I wish there was someone to bet with on how long she could continue before she stepped on her own shoe lace. It took about three minutes and she was lucky she did not plant her head into the treadmill display. She paused the machine, retied the shoe lace, and proceeded again.

My fear now is that one of these idiots will severely fall and I will have to witness it. Mine is not the only gym where I have witnessed this. So any advice on protecting myself while Darwin thins the crowd?
    Don't run sideways on a treadmill.

Sorry you didn't get to win any money today on somebody hurting themselves

Next time #fingerscrossed

Creakylifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Creakylifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Creakylifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Creakylifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Creakylifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Creakylifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Creakylifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Creakylifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Creakylifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Creakylifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Creakylifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is an excellent exercise.

For tearing a meniscus or two. When you break a hip, you've perfected it!

Love,
    Grandpa

Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No thanks - I will pass
    In theory - perhaps there could be some special coordination benefit if you played soccer or something where you need lots of sideway motion

But realistically and practically ?

You won't catch this 51 year old doing that !
    Michael Spitzer - Author - FITNESS at 40,50,60 and BEYOND

Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah it was a pretty normal drill, when I played linebacker, but for everyday fitness I don't see the point. Maybe tennis? I'm stretching to think of things that take good lateral movement.
    Bench 335 x 4, 375 x 1
    Squat 455 x 2
    DL 495 x 4

Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    And to Mr. Nisom above the carioca drill is what I am talking about for linebackers. Not quite what I've seen on the treadmill. Its a simple side to side shuffle. Legs never cross over each other. Is that what you are seeing OP?
    Bench 335 x 4, 375 x 1
    Squat 455 x 2
    DL 495 x 4

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah I see that at my gym. Middle age out of shape soccer moms walking/running sideways on the treadmill.
    Don't know why...
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000)
    Surprised someone that works at the gym didn't stop them.

But if it's Planet F next time hit the "Lunk" alarm and tell the employee that she is showing off and you are uncomfortable.
    I'm not indecisive. Am I indecisive? - Anonymous

1st PL Comp. in 18 years.
    March 24, 2012
    Squat=410
    Bench=325
    Dead=500
    Total=1235

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #13 -!!!---!!!-