k1ngoftheranch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

can you guys critique my "bro-split"...

after going to the gym for 6 months using a SS and then allpro routines (which i like both)...i find i prefer the volume and what-not of working one body part a day. that being said on chest day i will start with squats and on leg day i will start with bench so i can perform bench and squats 2x a week...the only exercises i will be doing so.

my main focus is quality mass and looking good not just smooth as i get there...im 166lbs now and my end goal is 185lb 10%bf

i will show first weeks starting rep and weights and every week i will try to add a rep...if i meet the given reps on the 5th week i will add 10% to the exercise (like the allpro program had me doing) and reset reps to first week number...(example bench first week 4x4 next week 4x5 etc meet reps on 5th week 4x8 add 10% and reset to 4x4)

Monday (chest/tri)

(warm up)
    squat 4x4 (185lbs)

flat bench 4x4 (165lbs)
    decline bench 2x6 (160lbs)
    incline bench 2x6 (135lbs)
    incline db press 2x8 (55lbs each hand)
    flys 2x8 (25lb each hand)
    low cable flys 2x8 (40lb each hand)
    tricep extension 2x8 (95lbs)

Teus (back/bi)

warm up

BOR 4x4 (145lb)
    t row 4x4 (haven't performed yet)
    Deadlift 3x3 (275lbs)
    pullups 4x6 (first two 25lb second two bw)
    bb curls 2x8 (80lbs)
    hammer curls 2x8 (30s or 35s)
    seated curls 2x8 (30s or 35s)

thursday (shoulders)

warmup

seated mil press 4x6 (105lb)(smith machine)
    shoulder press machine 4x6 (100lb)
    lat raise 2x8 (?)
    rear delt raise (?)
    db shrugs 2x4 (heavy slow reps)
    2x8 (lighter faster reps)

friday (legs)

warmup
    flat bench 4x4 (165)

squat 4x4 (185)
    leg ext 2x8 (90)
    SLDL 2x8 (185)
    leg curl 2x8 (60)
    standing calf raise 2x8 (180)
    seated calf raise 2x10 (95)
    Last edited by k1ngoftheranch; 04-21-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What were your starting weights for SS? Even after 3 months on it you should have much higher numbers than that.
    OG

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    What were your starting weights for SS? Even after 3 months on it you should have much higher numbers than that.
    I dont remember...these are the numbers i carried over from allpro...i messed up on the SS program only running 90 second rests between sets so i didnt progress as much as i should have...i honestly dont care much for that program style...just didnt find it very enjoyable...asthetics is my main concern

Squats started around 135 and bench 115...

In the six months i did have some knee trouble so my squats i had to lower back down for about a month but this week im back to 185
    Last edited by k1ngoftheranch; 04-21-2014 at 12:30 PM.

drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Inbefore ss parrots. your split looks decent, would take out low cable flys, seated curls, just do heavy shrugs 3x6-8, and definitely toss out 4x4 bench on leg day..especially after just hitting shoulder.
    ☆☆☆¢v¢☆☆☆

TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Based on what your saying (more leg/chest frequency), maybe the following (yours aint bad, but benching on leg day and squatting on chest day- not my thing)

SUN: Quad focus legs (I run 4 exercises for quads- 2 lightweight exercises with more focus on mind muscle connection for hams- obvious use volume you need)
    MON: Chest/Tri
    Tues: Back/Bi
    WED: Rest
    Thurs: Ham focus legs
    Fri: Shoulders/Chest (personally I would not do any front delt isolation work with this combo as its getting a ton of attention as is)
    SAT; Rest

Originally Posted by drummaboyyyy View Post
    Inbefore ss parrots. your split looks decent, would take out low cable flys, seated curls, just do heavy shrugs 3x6-8, and definitely toss out 4x4 bench on leg day..especially after just hitting shoulder.
    Any reason for no cable flys?...i like the pump i feel at the end of the routine...i do them relativly light weight with slow tight conctractions..

And as far as bench on leg day was thinking of dropping weight to about 135 (80% chest day weight)...focusing on more explosive reps maybe a slightly higher rep count (4x6-8?)..

Only reason i was adding these 2x. A week is i see everyone day u basically need it for max growth unless u r on gear??

Other issue is im abt 30min from gym and at this point 4 days a week is all i can do...i do have a bench and squat rack at the house so i can use that on off days if it would be better for my extra squats and bench sets??

Originally Posted by TJP33 View Post
    Based on what your saying (more leg/chest frequency), maybe the following (yours aint bad, but benching on leg day and squatting on chest day- not my thing)

SUN: Quad focus legs (I run 4 exercises for quads- 2 lightweight exercises with more focus on mind muscle connection for hams- obvious use volume you need)
    MON: Chest/Tri
    Tues: Back/Bi
    WED: Rest
    Thurs: Ham focus legs
    Fri: Shoulders/Chest (personally I would not do any front delt isolation work with this combo as its getting a ton of attention as is)
    SAT; Rest
    Yes my chest is lacking in development its there but not like i want and i feel the ss and allpro dont iffer enough chest work in the routines...

I can only make it to the gym 4 days a week...i have a squat rack and bench at home i can utilize for addition bench squats if needed...i came up with this routine after seeing what exercises i liked and i feel worked out my muscle groups...
    But look foward to hearing your opinions..

I just started this today and liked the pump i got on chest....weights will.be properly adjusted by the end of the cycle once i see how i do with these and form on th new exercises.

drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by k1ngoftheranch View Post
    Any reason for no cable flys?...i like the pump i feel at the end of the routine...i do them relativly light weight with slow tight conctractions..

And as far as bench on leg day was thinking of dropping weight to about 135 (80% chest day weight)...focusing on more explosive reps maybe a slightly higher rep count (4x6-8?)..

Only reason i was adding these 2x. A week is i see everyone day u basically need it for max growth unless u r on gear??

Other issue is im abt 30min from gym and at this point 4 days a week is all i can do...i do have a bench and squat rack at the house so i can use that on off days if it would be better for my extra squats and bench sets??
    12 sets for chest is more than enough. if you can only do 4 days and want 2x frequency a upper lower would suit you good. Or a fb 3x a week.
    ☆☆☆¢v¢☆☆☆

12 sets for chest is more than enough. if you can only do 4 days and want 2x frequency a upper lower would suit you good. Or a fb 3x a week.
    Gotcha
    ..the allpro is an upper lower but it doesnt hit my chest lats enough for me and i like killing one muscle.group lol...ill give it a go for a bit and see.how i progress

Do u think weight progression and rep scheme is good?

Originally Posted by k1ngoftheranch View Post
    Gotcha
    ..the allpro is an upper lower but it doesnt hit my chest lats enough for me and i like killing one muscle.group lol...ill give it a go for a bit and see.how i progress

Do u think weight progression and rep scheme is good?
    Allpros is a fullbody not upper lower. I personally don't see the hype around it..sure its a decent fullbody for those starting out. But don't expect amazing results from it. I started on a u/l and didn't do a cookie cutter strength program like most of the suggestions on here...mainly because they're boring (allpros) and if you don't enjoy what you're doing and give it 100% chances are you won't stick with it. So if you want to do a bro split and think you'll stay consistent than do it. Don't listen to the parrots saying do this do that etc.. Do what motivates you to keep going. That's the most important aspect.
    ☆☆☆¢v¢☆☆☆

Allpros is a fullbody not upper lower. I personally don't see the hype around it..sure its a decent fullbody for those starting out. But don't expect amazing results from it. I started on a u/l and didn't do a cookie cutter strength program like most of the suggestions on here...mainly because they're boring (allpros) and if you don't enjoy what you're doing and give it 100% chances are you won't stick with it. So if you want to do a bro split and think you'll stay consistent than do it. Don't listen to the parrots saying do this do that etc.. Do what motivates you to keep going. That's the most important aspect.
    Awesome...and i should have said i was on the allpro intermediate version 2...i started with the novice which was fullbody ...

Thanks for the help...i know what u mean everyone abt the SS etc...it is good but ill def be more motivated this way and like i said ill run it for a few.months and reasses my progress.
    Last edited by k1ngoftheranch; 04-21-2014 at 03:37 PM.

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    so low volume for a bro split , instead of doing this do full body you will have more volume for each bodypart per week

Originally Posted by magician27 View Post
    so low volume for a bro split , instead of doing this do full body you will have more volume for each bodypart per week
    U would do more volume?...did a fullbody and upper lower dont care.for it

Also be doing abs/core monday and friday

rosschef91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rosschef91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rosschef91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rosschef91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rosschef91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rosschef91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rosschef91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rosschef91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rosschef91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rosschef91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rosschef91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is the thread I needed! I quite enjoy my bro split but adivce from people on here have told me to go onto SS or AllPro but I don't really fancy that style of work out. I like working each body part and feeling it the next day! OP are you going to stick to your current split? Not sure wether to try out a full body or not
    Why don't people train legs?!

www.youtube.com/barbellchef

Time to put your big boy pants on.

Check out my Instagram, used almost as a fitness page. Rosslad91 . Thanks:)