Squat till you drop Train2gain.tv's Avatar
    Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The Perfect Diet

Ok.

I'm just like most of the guys on here, I have the same goals. If we had a mission statement, it would read something like 'I want to be BIG but also cut like a pro on competition day'. We all want it, thats why we're hear, thats why we workout, that's why we EAT RIGHT!...... or do we?

I've come to realise a few truths about diets and building muscle mass. The average person eats like a horse or 'bulks', tries to get big then (ususally approaching summer time) they 'cut' down fat so they are ripped!

I believe this process is a waste!

In most cases, an individual will end up looking just the same as he started and at best, a little bit bigger.

The truth is, MUSCLE can only be built up at a certain pace - your body determins this. Everyone has different speeds at which they can build muscle, but the fact is - EVERYONE has their limits of muscle building.

With this in mind, I thought to myself - I have a few options here. And I considered these two - bulk and cut OR build muscle but keep fat levels low.

IMO, the latter is the best choice.

Now, many people will say 'you won't build muscle as quick on a diet like that, bulking will give you more weight much quicker' They would be right, but only in this respect: A person bulking will add mass at their MAX level possible (provided their workouts are high quality) yet, they will also add fat to thier physique (which they expect).

A person on the minimum fat style diet, however, WILL also put maximum muscle on, but keep fat at bay! So the result is that the guy bulking will put more mass on, but not necessarily more MUSCLE!

And that is the important part and I'll say it again: You can't build muscle any quicker just because you eat MORE food than normal - your body just doesnt work like that.

So then, what exactly is the best diet? I'll say it now - I DONT KNOW!

The first reason is because it is impossible to design ONE diet that works for EVERYONE.... simply because everyone has different body types, different metabolisms etc

The second reason is that I myself, haven't actually designed such a diet. I am however in the process. This diet will be for ME and only me. It may work for other guys, but for the high percentage it wont. If you did the same thing, your diet would work for YOU, not many other people.... and thats what people have to realise - diets ARE individual.

To produce a diet that's best for you, you have to monitor your levels of protein, fat and carb intake and then judge from how your body responds as to what you should alter.

Back to the whole bulking/eat clean issue.

Your body will build muscle as long as it gets what it needs for optimal growth. After your body has taken in the protein it needs for the muscle worked and the muscle to be maintained, anything else is a waste - so there is no point in taking in more protein. Same for carbs. They'll give you energy for assistance in muscle growth and maintenance. Anything extra that you take in will be converted and stored as fat. Same story for fat - Your body needs essential fats but there is a cut-off point where you have enough and anything extra will cause fat levels to increase.

With all this in mind, it is simple to realise that once your body gets what it needs to grow - it will GROW and grow well! IF, you put extra food in there - whether its in the form of protein, carbs or fats, they are simply a WASTE and will be dealt with accordingly by your body.

Therefore, when bulking, you are in effect, giving your body everything it needs but also more of what it DOESN'T.

To cap it off, bulking means that for a large space of the year, you will have no definition, be fat, and have to eat alot more than you actually need while also causing strecth marks (which are there for life)

On the other hand, you can eat a proper diet - one that STILL gives you the max muscle gains that your body is capable of, yet you will remain very low bodyfat ALL YEAR ROUND and will also not have to eat quite as much to stay like that.

I'm not sure about you, but the second approach seems alot more appealing and has better health benefits.

At the moment, my diet is ok, but not perfect. I will however be changing and chopping for a while until I reach the goal of a perfect diet for muscle building.

Hope you enjoyed reading.

train2gain.tv aka Wala
    mod@extremebodybuilding.net

Thanks to:

BloodnGuts
    The_Big_E
    DJINN
    LUKEDEiCHER

brick_outhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brick_outhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brick_outhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brick_outhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brick_outhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brick_outhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brick_outhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brick_outhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brick_outhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brick_outhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brick_outhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good post

also the calculators ppl use to work out how many calories they need to eat
    eg. if u weigh 220 u need to eat around 4000 cals to gain

these are really bad to use everyone needs to work out what THEY need to eat in order to gain weight slowly and stick to it if you are not gaining anything or losing weight then add a little bit for food and see what happens work it out like that

Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Train2gain.tv View Post
    Ok.

I'm just like most of the guys on here, I have the same goals. If we had a mission statement, it would read something like 'I want to be BIG but also cut like a pro on competition day'. We all want it, thats why we're hear, thats why we workout, that's why we EAT RIGHT!...... or do we?

I've come to realise a few truths about diets and building muscle mass. The average person eats like a horse or 'bulks', tries to get big then (ususally approaching summer time) they 'cut' down fat so they are ripped!

I believe this process is a waste!

In most cases, an individual will end up looking just the same as he started and at best, a little bit bigger.

The truth is, MUSCLE can only be built up at a certain pace - your body determins this. Everyone has different speeds at which they can build muscle, but the fact is - EVERYONE has their limits of muscle building.

With this in mind, I thought to myself - I have a few options here. And I considered these two - bulk and cut OR build muscle but keep fat levels low.

IMO, the latter is the best choice.

Now, many people will say 'you won't build muscle as quick on a diet like that, bulking will give you more weight much quicker' They would be right, but only in this respect: A person bulking will add mass at their MAX level possible (provided their workouts are high quality) yet, they will also add fat to thier physique (which they expect).

A person on the minimum fat style diet, however, WILL also put maximum muscle on, but keep fat at bay! So the result is that the guy bulking will put more mass on, but not necessarily more MUSCLE!

And that is the important part and I'll say it again: You can't build muscle any quicker just because you eat MORE food than normal - your body just doesnt work like that.

So then, what exactly is the best diet? I'll say it now - I DONT KNOW!

The first reason is because it is impossible to design ONE diet that works for EVERYONE.... simply because everyone has different body types, different metabolisms etc

The second reason is that I myself, haven't actually designed such a diet. I am however in the process. This diet will be for ME and only me. It may work for other guys, but for the high percentage it wont. If you did the same thing, your diet would work for YOU, not many other people.... and thats what people have to realise - diets ARE individual.

To produce a diet that's best for you, you have to monitor your levels of protein, fat and carb intake and then judge from how your body responds as to what you should alter.

Back to the whole bulking/eat clean issue.

Your body will build muscle as long as it gets what it needs for optimal growth. After your body has taken in the protein it needs for the muscle worked and the muscle to be maintained, anything else is a waste - so there is no point in taking in more protein. Same for carbs. They'll give you energy for assistance in muscle growth and maintenance. Anything extra that you take in will be converted and stored as fat. Same story for fat - Your body needs essential fats but there is a cut-off point where you have enough and anything extra will cause fat levels to increase.

With all this in mind, it is simple to realise that once your body gets what it needs to grow - it will GROW and grow well! IF, you put extra food in there - whether its in the form of protein, carbs or fats, they are simply a WASTE and will be dealt with accordingly by your body.

Therefore, when bulking, you are in effect, giving your body everything it needs but also more of what it DOESN'T.

To cap it off, bulking means that for a large space of the year, you will have no definition, be fat, and have to eat alot more than you actually need while also causing strecth marks (which are there for life)

On the other hand, you can eat a proper diet - one that STILL gives you the max muscle gains that your body is capable of, yet you will remain very low bodyfat ALL YEAR ROUND and will also not have to eat quite as much to stay like that.

I'm not sure about you, but the second approach seems alot more appealing and has better health benefits.

At the moment, my diet is ok, but not perfect. I will however be changing and chopping for a while until I reach the goal of a perfect diet for muscle building.

Hope you enjoyed reading.

train2gain.tv aka Wala
    \

I would have to agree about this article after 2 year of bulking then dieting, staying lean is the way to be.

Registered User supernaturalinc's Avatar
    supernaturalinc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Right!!!

I think you hit the nail right on the head. People ask for suggestions and when they don't work, or work as quickly as they like, you're holding out on a "magic" pill or you're juicing. Everyone has to learn their body through trial and error, in addition to following general workout and diet guidelines to see what can happen for them...
    Supernatural

Squat till you drop Train2gain.tv's Avatar
    Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Train2gain.tv will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I forgot I posted this here! not been too popular hey.. lol
    mod@extremebodybuilding.net

Thanks to:

BloodnGuts
    The_Big_E
    DJINN
    LUKEDEiCHER

mortious is just really nice. (+1000) mortious is just really nice. (+1000) mortious is just really nice. (+1000) mortious is just really nice. (+1000) mortious is just really nice. (+1000) mortious is just really nice. (+1000) mortious is just really nice. (+1000) mortious is just really nice. (+1000) mortious is just really nice. (+1000) mortious is just really nice. (+1000) mortious is just really nice. (+1000)
    excellent post. repped.