Page 207 of 270 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,210 of 8073
    Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Damn that sucks about the cars. Need a bigger garage!

Grats on the rep pr. 275 looks like a good weight to keep attacking to add reps. 2 becomes 3, 3 turns into 4 ect.
    ☻/
    /▌ Dm2dm crew (---Deadlift Moar to Deadlift Moar---)
    / \ 

"Squat and pull and quit listening to the static." Jim Wendler
    Natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from. ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Chitty deal your cars got jacked Tim! Set up some land mines and wait for the fireworks
    Crazy trapping of the marsupials, cool looking animals though!
    Awesome work on the bench PR! 265x5 is getting up there, and 315 is damn close!
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Man that's BS-people breaking into your cars right at your house. Sorry to hear that. Not much worse than a thief. Hope you catch them.

Gnarly how you caught those opossums. I always thought those are the weirdest animals. Kind of creepy and funny looking creatures.

I've got a critter story for you. I had my car out in the driveway for a few days for maintenance. Had to wait for a part so I left it out there with the hood up for about 2 days (mistake). I finished the work on the car and started driving it again. About a day later I was looking for a flashlight and I opened the glovebox and there was a full size mouse in there. It quickly escaped up into the car behind the dashboard. Then I realize the Fukin critter had made a nest in my glovebox and had a litter of babies in there. There were 3 little mice in my glovebox.

https://imgur.com/ytInP2j

I cleaned them out of there. If I had a snake it would have been perfect for feeding

Never did catch the mother mouse. I put traps in my car for a few days and never caught it. It must have escaped somehow. Been a few weeks now and no dead smell or any signs of it. My worst fear was it dying behind the dashboard and rotting in my car. Probably would have ruined the vehicle.
    ☻/
    / \

10/22/16 Meet: 350/220/505 1075lb total
    04/29/17 Meet: 390/240/535 1165lb total
    11/04/17 Meet: 424/254/551 1229lb total

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Nothing worse than a wanka stealing from another person.

I lost a tag watch a few year back from my car. Was gutted.

They will be back though. That is a givven.
    Agree, I've got no use for thieves. Lived there 10 years and never had that happen. Camera set up now so I'll catch them one way or another if they come back.

Originally Posted by SteveWright1 View Post
    Those are great looking animals Tim
    bet the kids wanted to know if they could keep them? mine certainly would - they do look like Pet candidates to me
    LOL, I think they are pretty hideous, but they have a role. they eat mice, bugs, (garbage) just about anything. My kids had no interest in keeping them as pets, but my daughter was worried they would get hungry We dropped them off by 7:30am so they had only been in the cages about 4 hours and just ate about 600 cals of old salmon and marshmallows. Probably diabetic now

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Damn that sucks about the cars. Need a bigger garage!

Grats on the rep pr. 275 looks like a good weight to keep attacking to add reps. 2 becomes 3, 3 turns into 4 ect.
    I wish, big as I can go on the garage at 2.5 car. Bench went alright didn't have the fire (or bravery) I had last week to really go all out for the last rep if it was there but lived to train another day. I lost a rep on my first 275 set, but I paused the first rep for a second. I don't know if its better to just bang out those reps or try to make them better. Likely no real difference TUL probably the same. I added 3 reps to my back off set though so I made up for it with more lbs & reps total in the magic range.

Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    Chitty deal your cars got jacked Tim! Set up some land mines and wait for the fireworks
    Crazy trapping of the marsupials, cool looking animals though!
    Awesome work on the bench PR! 265x5 is getting up there, and 315 is damn close!
    Yea it sucks on the cars could have been worse $150 in a couple multi tools and a decent pocket knife vs the several thousand in work equipment and other stuff I had in the back cargo area. Can't wait until I get to 275 for my rep sets, shooting for end of Aug. The opossums are kind of different looking for sure. Look like big rats, less destructive than raccoon though.

Originally Posted by Hammerhagen View Post
    Man that's BS-people breaking into your cars right at your house. Sorry to hear that. Not much worse than a thief. Hope you catch them.

Gnarly how you caught those opossums. I always thought those are the weirdest animals. Kind of creepy and funny looking creatures.

I've got a critter story for you. I had my car out in the driveway for a few days for maintenance. Had to wait for a part so I left it out there with the hood up for about 2 days (mistake). I finished the work on the car and started driving it again. About a day later I was looking for a flashlight and I opened the glovebox and there was a full size mouse in there. It quickly escaped up into the car behind the dashboard. Then I realize the Fukin critter had made a nest in my glovebox and had a litter of babies in there. There were 3 little mice in my glovebox.

https://imgur.com/ytInP2j

I cleaned them out of there. If I had a snake it would have been perfect for feeding

Never did catch the mother mouse. I put traps in my car for a few days and never caught it. It must have escaped somehow. Been a few weeks now and no dead smell or any signs of it. My worst fear was it dying behind the dashboard and rotting in my car. Probably would have ruined the vehicle.
    Not exactly a break in since the doors were unlocked but pisses me off. keeping an eye on CL to see if anyone is selling what I'm missing. The weekend before I left my windows down during the day and a sparrow flew in my truck and was flying around in there chitting on everything finally got him out by opening every door and the back hatch.

My sister had ground squirrels get into her car somehow and tore stuff up. That would have been nasty if the mouse died in there. Hot summer days with decomposing mice , not sure if they make air freshener strong enough for that. My wife's car smelled like opossum for a few hours just taking them on a ten minute ride.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Monday 7/25/16 Bumped over for foods/Back & Legs
    197.0 lbs

Didn't sleep super great last night, but got about 6hrs. Chest, shoulders, triceps today. Bench is getting bumped to 265 for work sets and I'm going to rotate in DB presses instead of lighter OHP for shoulder hypertrophy reps and keep OHP as the main heavy compound on Thursdays. Have some things to try on Benchpress today, but not expecting any miracles. Still the lift has been moving up so that's good.

Rate of gain is slowing down some on about the same avg cals so that's a good thing. Would like it to be about 2lbs per month or less. Was about 1lb last week, 2lbs the previous week, and 4.5 lbs the first week of surplus.

5:05-6:15am / 70 min / 38 sets
    Decent today, didn't feel as strong on benchpress but the numbers were acceptable for a a weight bump. I felt like I lacked a little confidence and might have squeezed out a couple more reps across the heavier range with a spotter. DB presses will need to get worked back into the groove. Made my left shoulder a little agitated but I'll bang away at them for a bit and see if that resolves itself when I get back into the DB press groove. Everything else was decent.

Bench-press
    135x10
    205x5
    245x3
    265x5 (PR)
    265x4
    265x3
    275x2
    275x2
    315x3 (SS)
    315x2 (SS)
    315x2 (SS)
    225x8 (this surprised me)
    ---------------
    DB Shoulder press
    50sX10
    60sX10
    65sX8
    65sX7
    65sX6
    ----------------
    Decline CGBP
    135x10
    155x8
    175x6
    175x6
    175x4

SS With

DB Flyes (low incline)
    55sX10
    55sX10
    55sX10
    ----------------
    Dips
    BWx10
    BWx10
    BWx10
    BWx10
    BWx10

SS With

DB Laterals
    20sX12
    20sX12
    20sX12
    ---------------
    DB rear Laterals
    20sX15
    20sX15
    20sX12

SS With

DB Hex press
    40sX12
    40sX12
    -------------------------------------

12:00-1:00pm / 60 min / 32 Sets
    I don't know..... The opportunity was there going right past the gym around lunch, had my stuff with me and I felt like squatting. If the Crossfitters can do multiple events in a day so can I . I am also curious how this will work for recovery, beating myself to a pulp, then having two rest days (likely some cardio and biceps or something. I hate doing this session early in the morning, nice to get it out of the way. Uppet session earlier didn't seem to effect intensity much, I had 6 hours between. Deads were weak after squats. Took a vid bar not as low as it feels. Also managed to let the bar wander on one rep of a 365 set and that was an eye opener grinding across that bone... I'm kinda tired now

Squats
    135x10
    225x5
    315x3
    365x5
    365x3
    365x3
    365x3
    315x8

SS With

Pull-ups
    BWx10
    BWx10
    BWx10
    BWx10
    BWx10

-------------
    Deadlift
    135x5
    225x5
    315x5
    405x5
    425x3
    425x3

SS With

T-bar Rows (PWO)
    90x10
    135x10
    145x8
    145x8
    145x8
    --------------
    Leg Press
    4pps X 12
    5pps X 10
    6pps X 8
    5pps X 8

SS With

Incline DB curls (Elbow fixer things from that bench or squat write-up)
    15sX15
    15sX15
    20sX15
    20sX15
    Not much of a bicep burner but certainly a good stretching of the forearms and tendons all around the elbows. I'll still hit biceps with some fat grip stuff tomorrow or Wed.

M1 7:15am
    dozen HB eggs (2 whole), 5oz grilled veg, 2 slice sprouted grain toast /multis, fishoil, xtend etc intra
    600 cals / 60g pro / 13g fat

M2 9:30am (1200c/124p/36f)
    93/7 burger on sprouted grain, mozz, veg
    600 Cals / 64g pro / 23g fat

* second session

M3 2:00pm (2100c/216p/70f)
    10oz chkn thighs, 3 slices organic sprouted grain toast
    900 cals / 92g pro / 34g fat

M4 5:30pm (2900c/275p/95f)
    86g instant brown rice, 6oz chkn b, 6oz Brussels sprouts, 19g butter
    800 cals / 59g pro / 25g fat

Totals: 2900 cals / 275g pro / 95g fat

Left elbow which has been a little tender is noticeably pain free and feels more "limber" from those weird curls. Hard to believe the elbow pain was reduced so much from stretching the forearms and biceps.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 07-25-2016 at 04:11 PM.

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    I'm kinda tired now
    You don't say! I think all that Crossfit watching is getting to you. Pretty soon we won't be able to keep you out of the gym equipment emporium and the gym.

I'm gaining a little faster than I'd like right now, too. Didn't intend to start a surplus yet, lol. Glad you got things back under control.

Originally Posted by MissHolly View Post
    You don't say! I think all that Crossfit watching is getting to you. Pretty soon we won't be able to keep you out of the gym equipment emporium and the gym.

I'm gaining a little faster than I'd like right now, too. Didn't intend to start a surplus yet, lol. Glad you got things back under control.
    Well I think I'm about built out on the gym. I didn't even go to Fitness Factory Warehouse over the weekend, and have really tempered by CL perusing. Not sure why I did that today, other than I just felt good, it was very much spur of the moment, like almost on two wheels deciding to turn into the gym as I was going past Was just going to squat, but then I started doing pull-ups in between those, then just thought feck it, I'm gonna just knock this session out today too other than that I really just sat in a couple meetings and had some windshield time so it's not like I'm digging ditches or anything for work.

I think you will be just fine. You goals are to get stronger. Your running a strength program. The only missing ingredient for expedient progress is a calorie surplus. You won't get fat overnight, you will just build muscle and likely be surprised that you start to look leaner as you add more LBM if you do it right. I'm trying to force my wife into a surplus by making sure there is a continuous supply of ice cream, chocolate and tortilla chips and cheese in the house . She is pretty compliant with vice cream intake, and chips and cheese is another favorite of hers (both too calorie dense for me...)

I don't think women can go by scale weight very easily unless you are weighing everyday and taking into account the normal monthly fluctuations which also bring bloat etc. I know my wife's scale weight swings by a lot but the average for the couple stable weeks is what matters. I don't think spending too much time in limbo land maintaining is the best for making progress be as fast as it can be (especially after you have put some time in, which you have). Either slowly gaining or losing is where I'm going to be, at least until I think I'm pretty much tapped out. Even then I'll likely need to cycle calories if I want to get stronger, just because it's so much easier to get stronger in a surplus.

Not sure if I have my rate of gain under control but I'm happy with how I look right now, and the scale is starting to get closer to doing what I want it to do. Most days I'm over 200 at night, but I only care about morning weight going up hopefully around .5 per week (hopefully soon).

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Still can't believe you went in for round 2. Cray cray. But some days you gotta go with how you feel.

Oh yeah, I'm not worried about getting fat, I just don't want to increase the weight too fast. I've already put on the initial water weight plus a pound or two. The last time I bulked it was more of a fulk, and I was FAT by the end. I didn't leave myself enough room to grow. Got too big too fast. I got a nice muscle base out of it, but cutting was not fun. So yes, I am excited about running a strength program while in a surplus. I'm sure I'll see both strength and muscle gains, but I want to be able to go for as long as I can (Spring at least) before having to cut.

I think my increase in weight is due to ice cream. I am currently all about some Cookies 'n Cream slathered in chocolate syrup. Every evening. And the Dr. Peppers every day don't help, either. So, yes, keep a steady supply of ice cream around.

Still can't believe you went in for round 2. Cray cray. But some days you gotta go with how you feel.

Oh yeah, I'm not worried about getting fat, I just don't want to increase the weight too fast. I've already put on the initial water weight plus a pound or two. The last time I bulked it was more of a fulk, and I was FAT by the end. I didn't leave myself enough room to grow. Got too big too fast. I got a nice muscle base out of it, but cutting was not fun. So yes, I am excited about running a strength program while in a surplus. I'm sure I'll see both strength and muscle gains, but I want to be able to go for as long as I can (Spring at least) before having to cut.

I think my increase in weight is due to ice cream. I am currently all about some Cookies 'n Cream slathered in chocolate syrup. Every evening. And the Dr. Peppers every day don't help, either. So, yes, keep a steady supply of ice cream around.
    Lol yea that wasn't completely sane interesting experiment though. It was also very nice going back to sleep when I woke up around 3 .

Sounds like you have a good plan. The longer you can stay in a small surplus the better. I would love to make it to January on mine, but I doubt I will, I don't control intake as tight when not dieting and eventually I just get hungrier then when I think it's getting close to diet time I go potato and have lots of meals out eat junk I normally wouldn't just because I know dieting is right around the corner .

Wife is on the "moose tracks " gainer it's got peanut butter cups in it. I upgraded to the big 3 gallon bucket of chocolate swirl this time .

Tuesday 7/26/16
    195.0 lbs.

Scale is liking even numbers this week. Rest day today. Slept later and glad I'm not getting ready to start squats right now. I feel pretty well worked today sore from my traps to my hamstrings and everything in between. Shoulders are sore from the change to DB presses. Elbows feel great from the elbow fixing curls. Amazing doing that once made s difference. Usually when I get out of bed my elbows are very sore.

One year today since I had to put down Riley. He was an awesome pup in every way. Drive, obedience and temperament. Yet could be flat out scary when he was in protection mode. He was a very big lab, with a bigger personality.

4/17/02 - 7/26/15. RIP buddy.

Cardio - toboggan slide stairs
    50 min / 14 trips

M1 7:00am
    dozen HBEs 2 whole, 5oz veg, 3oz pro fiber toast, 14g coconut oil
    650 Cals / 64g pro / 25g fat

M2 9:30am (1200c/122p/43f)
    93/7 burger on organic sprouted grain, veg
    550 Cals / 58g pro / 18g fat

M3 1:30pm (1700c/180p/53f)
    Turkey B on Organic sprouted grain, mozz & veg
    500 Cals / 58g pro / 10g fat

M4 5:00pm (2600c/240p/73f)
    Chkn, pasta, pesto
    900 cals / 60g pro / 20g fat

8:00pm (3400/248p/103f)
    Popcorn, butter, salt then some dark chocolate
    800 cals / 8p/ 30
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 07-27-2016 at 03:39 AM.

Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    RIP Riley. Good looking lab and ya hes pretty big compared to my black lab (55 or so lbs).
    ☻/
    / \ 

Natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from. ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็

RIP Riley. Good looking lab and ya hes pretty big compared to my black lab (55 or so lbs).
    Yea its funny because my parents had his brother (same litter, field trial stock from Iowa) and he was "normal" 60-65 lb male. Riley was 120-125lbs in his prime with ribs still showing through on his sides and could clear 5' fences like a deer. His head would come up to my lower ribs (very tall) He ran through a screen storm door once, ripped the screen, bent the frame taking screen and screen frame with him on his body as he went to go say hi to a dog walking by . He was a beast.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 07-26-2016 at 08:13 AM.

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thoughts are with you on a tough day. I know how much you loved that dog
    Again, can't believe you went back and killed that squat session to make 2 very taxing sessions in one day Nutbar!!

On a good note, no squats or deads today
    ☻/
    / \

pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You did a big bench dead and squat session same day?

What kind of insane program is that? No way could I do that.

Originally Posted by pryme View Post

Crossfat.
    ☻/
    / \ 

Wife is on the "moose tracks " gainer it's got peanut butter cups in it. I upgraded to the big 3 gallon bucket of chocolate swirl this time .
    Mirin

Sorry about your doggy. Labs are the best, though, aren't they? I had a Lab/Rottweiler mix, she was my very first pet. Had her for 16 years, and she was definitely my best friend.

Thoughts are with you on a tough day. I know how much you loved that dog
    Again, can't believe you went back and killed that squat session to make 2 very taxing sessions in one day Nutbar!!

On a good note, no squats or deads today
    Yea they don't live long enough. Its all good though, he had a good life. That was rough, but it was nice not doing it today

Originally Posted by pryme View Post

It was a last minute thing. Just felt like squatting and ended up just doing my entire next session. So I just did Monday and Tuesdays work on Monday. I might hit biceps tomorrow but then resume regular split on Thursday.

Crossfat.
    More like CrossPHAT (Power Hypertrophy Asinine Training)

Mirin

Sorry about your doggy. : ( Labs are the best, though, aren't they? I had a Lab/Rottweiler mix, she was my very first pet. Had her for 16 years, and she was definitely my best friend.
    They are great dogs. I will likely get another dog eventually. I think its good for the kiddos to have a dog around, I just don't know if I have the time to train one right now (Riley was whistle trained and I could give him whistle and hand signal commands for him to do things). I like Cur Dogs. Thinking about a blackmouth or mountain cur. They are hunting/working dogs that can do just about anything tracking, bird hunting, etc. I think the dog in the movie Old Yeller was a Blackmouth Cur...

More like CrossPHAT (Power Hypertrophy Asinine Training)
    Well- that's a delousing comment if I've ever seen one
    ☻/
    / \ 

Well- that's a delousing comment if I've ever seen one
    I'm getting shirts made "XPHAT". All you have to do is do two of your sessions in the same day. You could run any program faster for the gainz .

Thanks for the bar position vid, I need to get one from a good angle but where it was is where I'm sore from the bar. Not exactly a comfy spot yet on many levels.

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn brother nice work! Sorry about your dog, I still miss my beagle.
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

Originally Posted by baker View Post
    Damn brother nice work! Sorry about your dog, I still miss my beagle.
    Thanks, yea they find a special place in your heart for sure.

Wednesday 7/27/16
    195.2 lbs

Just going to hit a few sets biceps and the elbow fixer curls today since I skipped biceps on Monday for the most part. Shoulders, chest, triceps tomorrow. Going to do some DB work for chest I think since I switched to DBs for shoulders on heavy chest day. Haven't pressed Any bells for a while. Gotta stay away from the dark chocolate. Just saw how many wrappers there we're on the nightstand it's 52% cocao though so it's healthy . I shouldn't oxidize much today....

Just a quick bicep pump. Didn't even have any coffee in me. Got a pump and got out. Battle rope is shoulder burner.

Battle rope warmup

EZ Fat bar curls
    75x12
    75x10
    75x10
    75x10
    75x10

SS with

Elbow fixer incline KB/DB curls
    15sX15
    20sX15
    30sX15
    30sX12
    30sX12

/--------------------

M1 6:45am
    Orgabnic sprouted grain toast 3, LF cottage cheese 4
    650 Cals / 70g pro / 12g fat

M2 9:30am (1250c/132p/31f)
    93/7 burger on sprouted gran veg
    600 Cals / 62g pro / 19g fat

M3 12:15pm (2150c/218p/67f)
    10oz chkn thigh sammich watermelon and goldfish crackers
    900 cals / 86g pro / 36g fat

M4 4:30pm (3100c/304p/97f)
    French toast etc
    950 cals / 86g pro / 30g fat

Then some baked spaghetti squash, pesto and cheese casserole thing the wife made. It was good, but gonna be land whale status if I keep this intake up for too long.
    300 cals? No idea. Mostly carbs and fat

3400 cals / 304g pro / 97g fat
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 07-27-2016 at 04:47 PM.

Tried some of those incline db curls with 15lbers today. 3 good sets and ya I agree- that's enough weight :P

Also, bump to the top because I want to.
    ☻/
    / \ 

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Man can't believe it's been a year already

Nice crossphat session
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

Tried some of those incline db curls with 15lbers today. 3 good sets and ya I agree- that's enough weight :P

Also, bump to the top because I want to.
    Yea I went up to what the powerblocks call 30 yesterday, didn't have as good of an effect. Lighter is better on those IMO.

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Man can't believe it's been a year already
    Nice crossphat session
    Tim flys. That was brutal but it was nice getting it out of the way. Won't be a regular thing. Kind of made it like a deload week though having a couple days of not going heavy mid week.

Thursday 7/28/16
    199.0 lbs

Awesome spaghetti squash recipe - Wife used a little less parm and added mozzarella cheese. Was tasty much better consistency being "twice baked" than regular spaghetti squash.

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2009/02...quash.html?m=1

Heavy scale weight and I think I'm really around 195ish. Funny though I thought I looked leaner until I weighed myself, then oh fuk I'm getting fat . Lifting belt still in the smallest notch, pants belt size no change still seeing all four abs (convinced myself I don't have the two lower abs ) but have got several comments at work that I'm looking jacked over the past week so I guess I'm doing okay. I'm still going to diet when I hit 205. I don't care if I have to run 6-8 week surpluses followed by several weeks of dieting. Not ideal IMO, but Im going to stay in a weight range so I don't need to diet for 6 months again. It's way too easy for me to keep adding weight when lifts are going up and it sucks trying to take all the fat back off. Maybe it will allow me to alter my set point a little if I stay in a narrower range IDK.

Shoulders, chest and triceps today.

5:05-6:15am / 70 Min / 37 sets

@199

Pretty good session today. Got my 3x5@155 on OHP and now onto new territory there. Did some flat bench real quick just to get a few reps in then did DB presses on a low incline for chest work. Bumped dips to BW+45 and felt that (along with the extra bodyweight bump). Everything else was alright. Like ending with hex presses, really puts the squeeze on the pecs and burns out the triceps.

OHP
    45x10
    95x5
    115x5
    135x3
    155x5
    155x5
    155x5
    135x6
    ------------
    BB Bench
    135x12
    205x5
    245x3
    275x2
    275x1 paused
    225x8
    ------------
    DB press (Low Incline)
    70sX10
    80sX10
    90sX6
    90sX6
    90sX6
    90sX5
    ----------
    Dips
    BW+45x8
    BW+45x8
    BW+45x7
    BW+45x7
    BW+45x7
    -------------
    EZ Skull Crushers
    80x10
    90x10
    100x10
    100x10

SS With

EZ Upright Rows
    80X10
    90x10
    100x10
    100x10
    -------------
    Hex Press
    40sX15
    40sX12

SS With

DB Lateral Raises
    15sX15
    15sX15
    ------------

Lunchtime cardio
    Toboggan slide stairs
    40 min / 12 trips

-------------
    M1 7:15
    HB eggs 3 whole, 3 slice organic sprouted toast multis fish oil xtend
    700 Cals / 70g pro / 19g fat

M2 10:15am (1250c/128p/37f)
    93/7 burger on sprouted grain, veg

M3 1:45pm (1750c/186p/48f)
    Turkey B on sprouted grain veg & mozz
    500 Cals / 58g pro / 11g fat

M4 5:00pm (2900c/280p/98f)
    8oz chick peas, 8oz grilled chkn thighs /wife's homade whole wheat Mac n cheese (estimated)
    1150 cals /94g pro / 50g fat
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 07-28-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Strong OHP and congrats on the 155 x 5 rep completion! Pretty awesome to hit a 275 double after all that work! I think the 6 week diet plan is a good one. So far it's working well for me. Aggressive and fast seems ok, at least at 28 days in.
    If it starts to really hurt me there are always cals to add back in.
    ☻/
    / \

Swole/10

Good work, Four Abs.

Strong OHP and congrats on the 155 x 5 rep completion! Pretty awesome to hit a 275 double after all that work! I think the 6 week diet plan is a good one. So far it's working well for me. Aggressive and fast seems ok, at least at 28 days in.
    If it starts to really hurt me there are always cals to add back in.
    It was work getting that last rep today. Was hoping for a 5 repper at 275 THAT wasn't happening. Yea if you can hit it hard on the diet and get the fat off before strength starts dropping and muscle loss starts becoming an issue its a win. Not to mention the suffering is shorter. I also wonder about just gradually reducing calories and seeing if I could maintain more muscle going slower and just end up at a calorie level and body comp I like. It's great when I load a new profile pic because then all of those pics are in a line and can actually see some progress at different body weights. Slow, but looks like good things are still happening.

Swole/10

Good work, Four Abs.
    Lol thanks. Feeling a little softer, but shirts and skin fitting better .

Yep special snowflake, mutant genetic anomaly, I don't think those lower two abs exist, Folklore. If they do exist they won't be seeing any sunshine this year. .

7/29/16
    198.6 Lbs

4:30-5:15am / 75 min / 26ish sets

That was pretty brutal. Heat wasnt bad but the humidity had the air feeling like you needed to swim through it. I had to stop on trap bar deads, seriously thought I was going to puke, pass-out or both. It went okay I guess except for a squat fail at the top after the walkouts, that was just weird, I was pretty much done with the lift. I ran my numbers in 5/3/1 with a max squat of 415 and the 3 rep sets at 90% were 340, so i went 335 and did 5 rep sets for my work sets today. Wife came out when I was finishing up squats, we had to jockey around a little to stay out of each others way. Gym is kind of small for two when doing different stuff, but it worked out okay, she didnt smack me with a bar or anything . I did a couple of overload walkouts today. They were okay, sure made 405 feel light on my back after dropping 100 lbs off...Lat pulldowns on my cable are way heavier than the gym listing 150 feels about like 180 at the gym (lifts me up a little) Drank 64oz of water plus coffee and weighed a little lighter after the session I was sweating....

505 -30 second hold walk out

Squats
    135x10
    225x5
    315x5
    335x5
    335x5
    335x5
    335x5
    405x1 (a little high)
    455 - 45 second hold
    505 - 30 second hold (was gonna do a 10 rep set but decided it was just too humid )
    405xF Somehow failed after doing a good rep
    --------------
    Pendaly rows
    135x10
    205x8
    225x8
    225x8
    225x8
    --------------
    Lat Pull-Downs (Slow)
    130x10
    140x10
    150x10
    150x10
    160x8

SS With

Oly bar curls
    80x10
    80x10
    80x10
    80x9
    80x8
    -------------
    Trap Bar Deads
    165x10
    255x10
    345x8
    345x6 (Got pukey and dizzy so I stopped)

--------------

M1 6:15am
    340g Grk yog, 30g whey, 80g oats, 140g blueberries, multis fishoil xtend etc intra
    800 cals / 65g pro / 14g fat

M2 10:00am (1500c/145p/46f)
    6oz grilled spicey chkn thighs/8oz chick peas
    700 Cals / 80g pro / 32g fat

M3 1:15pm (2050c/203p/64f)
    93/7 burger on Spouted Grain veg

M4 5:45pm (3000c/263p/94p)
    ^ that again plus Mac n cheese.
    950 cals / 60g pro / 30g fat

M5 7:30-10:00
    2 beers, some puffs and a couple peices of dark chocolate
    800 cals /

3800 cals / 263+ pro / 94+ fat
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 07-30-2016 at 04:14 AM.

Nice session! Did you record the 405 you did? Ill put my e-coach hat on for a second-

Here's my guess not seeing it. You say it was high so I'm guessing after the hold fatigue set in some and you might have gotten lower on the second which caused you to fail the rep. IF that's accurate you should work on getting reps to a consistent depth. If you don't you will develop a weakness in the hole. Most of your reps are good and deep but you have a tendency to ride them high when the weight is at your limits. The main issue seems to be between the ears though with that 405 :P

Its been brutal over here too. Humidity sucks but winter sucks more The PL gym has like zero air so Ill be deadlifting in that crap tomorrow. Nice thing about my home gym is its in my basement which runs much cooler. Ill suffer though though just for you

Edit- interested to see how the hold affects you the next couple of days.
    ☻/
    / \ 