Page 2 of 270 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Monday 5/5/14 week 17 (-25 lbs)
    210.0 lbs

Only 4.5hrs sleep between the kids waking up and crying, and wife flopping around and coughing all night (hate it when everyone is sick , wish I could make them feel better). The wife is making steel cut oats in the crockpot overnight with apples, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter, the smell is making me want to go stick my head in the pot and pig it all down. Not sure of the ingredient quantities so can't calculate the macro breakdown, I will just enjoy the smell and have some coffee. Can see the faint outline of some upper abs and intercostals under the remaining fat (plenty of lower ab fat and VAT left to go), so soldiering on with the cut, look small and flat today. A big carb up and training de-load might be in order soon, have not done either yet. If I could force myself to take it easy on Wednesday workouts might be able to avoid de-load, at least I think that is the point of the periodized system. Got my workout planned, increasing bench, rows, and shoulder press today and hoping for some better dead lift numbers.

5:05-6:05AM 60 Min 33 Sets - Decent workout -

BB Bench 135x12/225x3/225x3/205x5/185x7/185x7
    Superset with
    BB Rows 165x7/165x7/165x7/165x6/165x6 (alternating underhand and overhand grip/ not quite parrallel to floor)

Dead lift 225x8/315x5/315x4/315x4/315x1 (form fail)/225x10/225x12
    Superset with
    Standing BB shoulder press 105x8/110x7/110x6/110x5

EZ Skull crushers 80x9/80x8/80x7/80x7
    Tri set with
    EZ curls 80x8/80x7/80x7/80x6
    Tri set with
    Sit ups BWx20/BWx20/BWx20

Pre-workout: 30g whey / coffee almond milk
    150 cal 24g protein / 1g fat

M1 7:00am (tot:950cal 100p/25f)
    Grk Yog 340g/Blue Berries 210g/Whey 30g/Oats 40g/ Walnuts 30g/Creatine 5g
    800 Cals 70g Protein / 24g Fat

M2 10:00am (tot: 1500cal 160p/45f)
    276g liquid egg whites/4oz lean turkey/124g blk & refried beans/3oz veggies/1oz mozz cheese/ 30g guacomole
    550 Cals 60g protein / 20g fat

M3 1:45pm (tot: 2050cal 215p/70f) multi vits/ 1g C/1g Fish oil
    6oz beef roast /3oz veggies/30g Guacomole/Wheat & Flax wrap
    550 Cals 55g Protein/ 25g fat

M4 5:00pm (tot: 2550 cal 270p/86f)
    10 oz Wild Midwestern Catfish/10 oz brocc,peprs,mushrms,onion/8g coconut oil
    500 cals 55g protein / 16g fat

Daily totals: 2550 calories / 270g protein / 86g fat / 174g carbohydrate
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 05-05-2014 at 03:29 PM.

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Monday 5/5/14 week 17 (-25 lbs)
    210.0 lbs

Only 4.5hrs sleep between the kids waking up and crying, and wife flopping around and coughing all night (hate it when everyone is sick , wish I could make them feel better). The wife is making steel cut oats in the crockpot overnight with apples, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter, the smell is making me want to go stick my head in the pot and pig it all down. Not sure of the ingredient quantities so can't calculate the macro breakdown, I will just enjoy the smell and have some coffee. Can see the faint outline of some upper abs and intercostals under the remaining fat (plenty of lower ab fat and VAT left to go), so soldiering on with the cut, look small and flat today. A big carb up and training de-load might be in order soon, have not done either yet. If I could force myself to take it easy on Wednesday workouts might be able to avoid de-load, at least I think that is the point of the periodized system. Got my workout planned, increasing bench, rows, and shoulder press today and hoping for some better dead lift numbers.

BB Bench
    Superset with
    BB Rows

Dead lift
    Superset with
    Standing BB shoulder press

EZ Skull crushers
    Tri set with
    EZ curls
    Tri set with
    Sit ups

Pre-workout: 30g whey / coffee almond milk
    150 cal 24g protein / 1g fat

M1
    My wife makes a similar oatmeal. It does make the house smell great and I do love to wolf it down.

Nice workout. You will get big working out like that.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pastorgbc View Post
    My wife makes a similar oatmeal. It does make the house smell great and I do love to wolf it down.

Nice workout. You will get big working out like that.

Ray
    Thanks Ray, that is some good oatmeal, tastes like apple pie, its been a while since I had it, but my daughter will eat her weight in it usually, so good for the colds they are fighting off.

I added my numbers and sets now, as long as thats really you in your Avi pic (and your not really some skinny or fat teenager lol) feel free to recommend any changes or suggestions as you see fit. I'm all ears (or eyes I guess) for suggestions from someone at your level. My intent is to get big and Im glad you feel this simplistic type of program will allow me to achieve that goal. I realize I'm not going to build very much size until I finish cutting and start getting a calorie intake more conducive to growth. I have added some decent muscle mass to my chest, back and shoulders but my legs are going to take some work. When I trained through highschool and college I wasn't a regular in the squat rack, and only deadlifted in highschool for football training, (Just worked for those beach muscles and wrestling) did some leg press and a lot of intense mountain biking, legs were solid and had endurance, but never big and heavy squat strong. I am guessing they are going to lag a bit, but will catch up. Again thanks and feel free to make any suggestions, if you see anything that you think I might benifit from changing around. Will be going a few heavier sets with DB rows on Friday per your advice.
    Thanks, Tim
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 05-05-2014 at 05:56 AM.

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks Ray, that is some good oatmeal, tastes like apple pie, its been a while since I had it, but my daughter will eat her weight in it usually, so good for the colds they are fighting off.

I added my numbers and sets now, as long as thats really you in your Avi pic (and your not really some skinny or fat teenager lol) feel free to recommend any changes or suggestions as you see fit. I'm all ears (or eyes I guess) for suggestions from someone at your level. My intent is to get big and Im glad you feel this simplistic type of program will allow me to achieve that goal. I realize I'm not going to build very much size until I finish cutting and start getting a calorie intake more conducive to growth. I have added some decent muscle mass to my chest, back and shoulders but my legs are going to take some work. When I trained through highschool and college I wasn't a regular in the squat rack, and only deadlifted in highschool for football training, (Just worked for those beach muscles and wrestling) did some leg press and a lot of intense mountain biking, legs were solid and had endurance, but never big and heavy squat strong. I am guessing they are going to lag a bit, but will catch up. Again thanks and feel free to make any suggestions, if you see anything that you think I might benifit from changing around. Will be going a few heavier sets with DB rows on Friday per your advice.
    Thanks, Tim
    I believe that AVI is from April or May of last year. Not much has changed, although what I would not give to be an overweight teen-ager.

That work will make you big. Even with your cut, I am sure that if you stay focused on the compounds and up weight on all movements when you can, you will grow. Even more so when you start upping the calroies.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I tried oatmeal in the crockpot once and it didn't turn out very well. More like a clumpy mess but it's something I should probably learn to master. I've been doing the overnight in the fridge method lately and that's been working out well however.

Workouts are looking great and good job on the 3 plate deadlift. Great consistency in here. I had my big carb up day yesterday with pancakes and oats for breakfast. Enjoyed the hell out of it lol

I believe that AVI is from April or May of last year. Not much has changed, although what I would not give to be an overweight teen-ager.

That work will make you big. Even with your cut, I am sure that if you stay focused on the compounds and up weight on all movements when you can, you will grow. Even more so when you start upping the calroies.

Ray
    Thanks, very encouraging, was just kidding about the Avi I dont think anyone would make up a profile and be on here as long as you have as a farce. Hoping to get that V Taper look, and those massive clumps of meat on my shoulders and back that you have with those heavy coumpounds. When I stop growing maybe try to refine it a bit and focus on symmetry but I got lots of time before that..
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 05-05-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    I tried oatmeal in the crockpot once and it didn't turn out very well. More like a clumpy mess but it's something I should probably learn to master. I've been doing the overnight in the fridge method lately and that's been working out well however.

Workouts are looking great and good job on the 3 plate deadlift. Great consistency in here. I had my big carb up day yesterday with pancakes and oats for breakfast. Enjoyed the hell out of it lol
    Try the non-instant steel cut oats, they are the ones that take forever on the stove. mix it all up and put it on 4hrs or 6hrs setting just before bed, ours goes to keep warm setting after the 4 hrs. It is really good. I am going to modify the recipe and make some that I can eat as a meal, by tracking all ingredients, adding some protein and walnuts. Tastes Like Dessert (SRS). Thanks for the encouragment, 3 plates felt better today than last time, so thats good. Not sure what the deal was with the last set but I didn't get my body coordinated very well and decided to call it at 1 rep instead of possibly getting hurt. Still working on the standing shoulder press too, I start from the floor and clean and jerk to get the weight overhead and usually need to take a second to get set, almost light headed going between DLs and Standing presses. Fun times, ended up a sweaty mess... If I drip on floor any more I will need to bring a mop to clean up after myself.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 05-05-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Tuesday 5/6/14
    210.0 lbs
    Got a solid 7hrs of sleep last night, if the kids were up I didn't hear them. Planning to do some sort of cardio this morning and some accessory core work and maybe some DB farmer carries to keep working on grip strength. Ordered some Gaspari super pump pre and some BCAAs for fasted training sessions, it should help me stay in a deficit without the cals of a pre workout whey shake. Also ordered a pair of wrestling shoes for dead lift and squats after watching an old West Side Barbell video yesterday about building dead lift.

5:00-5:55AM
    Cardio: Treadmill HIIT incline intervals in vibrams 40 min 3.6 mi 600cals (1+ min at 10mph walk until heart rate dropped back down and recovered 2-3mins)
    Back extensions 2x15@10lbs behind head
    Knee Raises 2X15@BW
    Side Bends 2x15@25lb plate
    DB Farmer Carries 2@90LB (gym length 30 yards+-)

11:45AM
    Lunchtime LISS Walk 45Min 2.75mi 300cals (finally some decent weather)

M1 7:00am
    Grk Yog 340g/Strawberries 280g/Whey 30g/Walunts 15g/Oats 20g/Creatine 5g (coffee&Almond Mlk pre)
    600 Cals 65g protein / 13G fat

M2 9:45am (tot: 1250, 111p/43f) multi vits/1g vit c
    4 HB eggs, 5oz sweet potatoes/2 oz grnd turkey/ 1 oz mozz cheese (leftover food mix)
    650 Cals 46g protein / 30g fat

M3 1:15pm (tot:1800, 163p/68f)
    7oz chkn thys/4oz veggies/wheat&falx wrap/ 30g Guacomole
    550 Cals 52g protein / 25g fat

M4 5:15pm multi vits
    10 oz wild catfish/ 6oz Brock/3 oz mshrms/ 15g coconut oil/113g cottage cheese
    600 cals 71g protein / 24g fat

Daily totals: 2400 cals 234g protein / 92g fat / 159g carbs
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 05-06-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Tuesday 5/6/14
    210.0 lbs
    Got a solid 7hrs of sleep last night, if the kids were up I didn't hear them. Planning to do some sort of cardio this morning and some accessory core work and maybe some DB farmer carries to keep working on grip strength. Ordered some Gaspari super pump pre and some BCAAs for fasted training sessions, it should help me stay in a deficit without the cals of a pre workout whey shake. Also ordered a pair of wrestling shoes for dead lift and squats after watching an old West Side Barbell video yesterday about building dead lift.

Cardio: Treadmill HIIT incline intervals in vibrams 40 min 3.6 mi 600cals (1+ min at 10mph walk on incline until heart rate dropped back down and recovered 2-3mins)
    Back extensions 2x15@10lbs behind head
    Knee Raises 2X15@BW
    Side Bends 2x15@25lb plate
    DB Farmer Carries 2@90LB (gym length 30 yards+-)

M1:
    Nice early morning session.

Ray

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree with the early morning sessions. I've hardly missed a workout in a year now but if there's one thing I can not do it's dragging my butt to the gym really early like some of you guys. Well done.

And thanks for the oatmeal tip.

I agree with the early morning sessions. I've hardly missed a workout in a year now but if there's one thing I can not do it's dragging my butt to the gym really early like some of you guys. Well done.

And thanks for the oatmeal tip.
    I go train early out of neccesity, wife is ready for me to come home afterwork and taking care of the kids all day. If it were up to me I would train around 10am a few hours after a solid breakfeast, followed by another recovery meal and sit in the sun maybe go for a swim or bike ride. My job is getting in the way of that though, that will be my retirement schedule...just 15-20more years lol

Wednesday 5/7/14
    209.2 lbs

Woke up a bit earlier than planned but felt rested and excited for today's workout, hoping the enthusiasm stays, but not to the extent it keeps me from falling back to sleep if I wake up too early. Planning to increase weight on upright rows and incline bench today and hoping to get more reps on pull ups, dips and squats. Going to switch alt dumbbell curls for hammer curls. Might add some accessories as time permits. Feeling pretty good and close enough to 209 that I'll call that the new weight.

Decent workout, progressed a bit as planned. No rest periods, ready to lay down on the floor and take a nap by the end of it...
    5:00-5:55 (55 mins 39 Sets)
    BB Incline 135x10/185x5/185x4/155x8/155x7/135x10
    Superset with
    Pull ups BWx5/BWx5/BWx5/BWx5/BWx4.5/BWx4/BWx4 (alternating
    wide,hammer,and reverse grip)

Squats 135x10/225x7/275x3/275x2/245x6/245x6
    Superset with
    Upright rows EZ bar 100x8/100x7/100x7/100x7/100x7

Dips BWx7/BWx5/BWx6/BWx7/BW
    Tri set with
    DB Hammer curls 35sX8/30sX10/30sX8/30sX7
    Tri set with
    Sit-ups BWx20/BWx20/BWx20

DB Lateral Raises 20sX12/20sX12/20sX10
    Superset with
    Tricep Kickbacks 20sX8/20sX8

M1 6:45am
    Grk Yog 1.5/Blue Berries 1.5/Whey 1/ Oats 1/ Walnuts 1/ Creatine 5g
    800 Cals 70g Protein / 24g Fat

M2 10:00am (1400 /137p/46f)
    4.25oz beef roast/3oz veggies/ Wheat flax wrap/ 30g guacomole/ 226g LF cottage cheese -(ah fullness)
    600 Cals 67g Protein / 22g Fat

M3 1:30pm (1900 /197p/68f)
    460g Liquid egg whites/4oz veggies/15ml olive oil/20g parmesian cheese (wish the oil & cheese would have been on pasta or garlic bread)
    500Cal 60g Protein / 22g Fat

M4 5:00pm (2525 / 251p/100f)
    6oz chkn thy/7 oz veggies/ 1 HB egg/ 15g coconut oil
    625 cal 52g protein / 32g fat

Daily totals: 2525 calories / 251g protein / 100g fat / 155g carbs
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 05-07-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Yeah you're nailing those superset and trisets. Good hard squatting and incline there. Most impressive part I noticed was all the pullups. That's not an easy task at all when you weigh over 200 lbs. You'll be adding weight to those in no time and your back will explode. Keep it up and good work on the continued weight loss.

Very nice work. I love the pullups on top of the Inclines. I am sure squatting then moving on to upright rows was turning some heads as well.

good job!

Ray

Yeah you're nailing those superset and trisets. Good hard squatting and incline there. Most impressive part I noticed was all the pullups. That's not an easy task at all when you weigh over 200 lbs. You'll be adding weight to those in no time and your back will explode. Keep it up and good work on the continued weight loss.
    Thanks, I'm just happy I dont have to use the assistance platform anymore for pull ups, I feel like they are getting a bit easier although when I used assistance I felt I was more able to target the lats and back and did them much slower. Squats felt good, almost didn't make it up on the last rep at 275 it was sloooow.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 05-07-2014 at 08:45 AM.

Very nice work. I love the pullups on top of the Inclines. I am sure squatting then moving on to upright rows was turning some heads as well.

good job!

Ray
    Thanks, yea it was back and fourth, I try to set everything up so whatever I'm supersetting with is close. It boggles my mind the amount of sets you get in that time frame with much heavier weights, I will get there eventually. I always remember a analogy in Bill Phillips "Body for Life" about new photographers taking longer to set up and get a good picture where an experianced photographer could get that shot done in half the time. My take on that is, as you progress workouts shouldn't necessarily take longer, you should be able to get more training done in less time.

Thanks, yea it was back and fourth, I try to set everything up so whatever I'm supersetting with is close. It boggles my mind the amount of sets you get in that time frame with much heavier weights, I will get there eventually. I always remember a analogy in Bill Phillips "Body for Life" about new photographers taking longer to set up and get a good picture where an experianced photographer could get that shot done in half the time. My take on that is, as you progress workouts shouldn't necessarily take longer, you should be able to get more training done in less time.
    One thing that helps is that our gym is really well equipped. We have doubles of every DB, 5 squat racks, three cable/chin stations, and a host of other things. As ling as I stay focused and keep moving, I can get everything in. I sometimes have to wait to catch my breath or get the heart-beat out of my ears, but it is a good set up where I go.

Ray

Thursday 5/8/14
    209.0 lbs

Made plans to go to another gym at lunch with a guy from work and sleep in until 5:00 today, but woke up at 2:30. I just have cardio planned, so I might do two sessions today and get some accessory stuff in like core work and face pulls just to learn the movement. Since I don't have much time outside of my main lifts on lifting days, I should develop a plan to utilize the other gym or drop the membership. It's a new planet fitness, which I joined in February to do cardio at lunch. Now that the weather is nice and my sleep pattern is pretty much set 8pm-3am I don't think it's really worth keeping, but it's only $10 per month and I can get a quick cardio workout in, although not real sure about the whole philosophy of the place. Planet fatness where productive weight workouts will get you banned, have some complimentary candy and pizza.

Not getting any muscle soreness last few workouts, realize it's not necessary for growth, but I kind of miss it. Finally seeing some veins bulging in my biceps again when pumped, it's been awhile. Got my pre-workout mix so will take that for a test drive tomorrow.

5:00-5:45 Easy session
    Cardio 1 Treadmill 30Min 2.75Mi 450 Cal
    Back Extensions 25x10/25x10/25x10 (plate behind head)
    Face pulls 50x10/50x10/50x10
    Sidebends BWx10 (each side on hyper bench sides still sore from Tuesday)

12:00-12:30
    Cardio 2 Elliptical 31Min 3.15Mi 500Cal (level 17)

Grk Yog 240g/ Strawberries 280g/Whey 30g/Walnuts 15g/Creatine 5g (coffee and 1/4c almond milk pre)
    525 Cal 65g Pro / 12g Fat

M2 10:00am (1150/126P/39F)
    Chkn thys 6oz/veggies 4oz/ Guacomole 30g/ cottage cheese 56g/ Wheat flax wrap
    625 Cals 61g Pro / 27g Fat

M3 1:30pm (1700/191P/59F)
    460g liquid egg whites/6oz veggies/2oz mozz cheese/8ml olive oil
    550 Cals 65g Pro / 20g Fat

M4 4:30 Did some yard work and had two beers. Having a whey and casein mix soon, as dinner I guess...it did not fit my macros very well.
    650 cal? 50g pro 1g fat?
    Hope I sleep well and it doesn't screw up my lifts.
    Weird scheduled day tomorrow, food prepped and cooler in car.

Daily total: 2350 cal 241g protein / 60g fat /
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 05-09-2014 at 02:29 AM.

Thursday 5/8/14
    209.0 lbs

Made plans to go to another gym at lunch with a guy from work and sleep in until 5:00 today, but woke up at 2:30. I just have cardio planned, so I might do two sessions today and get some accessory stuff in like core work and face pulls just to learn the movement. Since I don't have much time outside of my main lifts on lifting days, I should develop a plan to utilize the other gym or drop the membership. It's a new planet fitness, which I joined in February to do cardio at lunch. Now that the weather is nice and my sleep pattern is pretty much set 8pm-3am I don't think it's really worth keeping, but it's only $10 per month and I can get a quick cardio workout in, although not real sure about the whole philosophy of the place. Planet fatness where productive weight workouts will get you banned, have some complimentary candy and pizza.

Not getting any muscle soreness last few workouts, realize it's not necessary for growth, but I kind of miss it. Finally seeing some veins bulging in my biceps again when pumped, it's been awhile. Got my pre-workout so will take that for a test drive tomorrow.

5:00-5:45 Easy session
    Cardio 1 Treadmill 30Min 2.75Mi 450 Cal
    Back Extensions 25x10/25x10/25x10 (plate behind head)
    Face pulls 50x10/50x10/50x10
    Sidebends BWx10 (each side on hyper bench sides still sore from Tuesday)

Grk Yog 240g/ Strawberries 280g/Whey 30g/Walnuts 15g/Creatine 5g (coffee and 1/4c almond milk pre)
    525 Cal 65g Pro / 12g Fat
    I am with you concerning the cardio at lunch. 10 bucks is not too bad for an insurance policy to give you some opps to complement the workouts. I use the fitness center here at work (it is free) and it comes in handy.

Ray

How'd you find the facepulls went? I tried them once lol It was pretty much just begging somebody to start an idiot at the gym thread around here lol

How'd you find the facepulls went? I tried them once lol It was pretty much just begging somebody to start an idiot at the gym thread around here lol
    I liked them, they felt really good on the posterior delt head and upper back. I dont think they are going to build much mass but wanted to try them from what I have read about balancing the shoulders to avoid impingement issues from doing a lot of pressing and not hitting the rear delts. I am trying to find a few accessory excerises that I can do on my off days that won't interfere with the work I have planned for the following day. I should do calves on off days too, I just don't find them to be a priority as not planning on any comps and mine have always stayed proportional, plus it takes so much punishment to make them grow...

Also I dont care what people in the gym think, (Its a curls in the squat rack kind of place) I have made so much progress in strength and appearance in the last 4 months, they probably think I have some special plan...Not realizing that the hard part is outside the gym with the diet.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 05-08-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Friday 5/9/15
    208.4lbs

Dumbbells and dead lifts today. Having 12g of super-pump pre with 10g BCAAs lemon flavor is pretty good. Glad I looked at the serving size and found the tiny scoop, it was on the bottom of the jug almost grabbed an extra 30g whey scoop, that would have been intense lol. Increasing DB rows, behind the neck press, and hopefully dead lift. Pushing for more reps on everything else. Have to do some field work today for work, so I will be living out of the car. I will likely be able to stop home for lunch, so just packed some food for the morning meals.

Update: I will put this one in the win column for consistency and I did progress in a few things, also missed a few planned increases. I think the two sessions of cardio yesterday and extra long fast hindered me a bit but it was more mental than anything, missing a DL at 335 just pissed me off because I knew I could have done it for reps. I liked the gaspari superpump, clean energy, no jitters, no stomach upset, did get the tingles but knew that was coming based on reviews. Overall decent workout lower hip on left side is sore both have been weird lately, I self adjusted it and it seemed like it moved 1/4" hopefully for the better ��

5:05-6:10 65min 31 sets

DB Incline 70sX10/80sX7/80sX6/80sX5/80sX3/70sX8 (good more reps)
    Superset with
    DB Rows 70sX10/80sX10/100sX5/100sX5/80sX9 (good more weight and reps grip started to fail on 100 sets)

Dead Lift 225x8/315x4/315x3/335x3/335xmiss (should have had this mental failure)/225x9/225x5 (grip fail broke callus) (bad got 335 but wish they would have felt better I did squat down lower and use more leg drive and that helped)
    Superset with
    Seated DB shoulder press 65sX9/65sX8/65sX8/65sX7 (good more reps)

SB curls oly bar. 65x10/65x10/65x10/65x10 (lowered weight increased reps felt good on the elbows and getting a good squeeze at top)
    Tri set with
    DB BH neck press 75x8/75x7/75x7/75x7 (80 planned it felt too heavy)
    Tri set with
    sit ups BWx20/BWx20

M1 6:30
    Grk yog 1.5/blue berries 1.5/whey 1/walnuts 1/oats 1/creatine2.5g
    800 cals 70g pro 24g fat

M2 9:30
    Whey 1/casein 1/ oatmeal & banana flats 4/ 30g almonds
    625 cals 55g pro 16g fat

M3 2:00pm
    6oz chkn thy/ wheat & flax wrap/ 30g guacamole /3oz veggies
    550 cals 52g protein 25g fat

M4 5:00pm
    Monster lasagna 1/9
    800 cals 78g protein 46g fat

Daily totals: 2775 calories 255g protein / 111g fat / 189 carbs (big food day)
    Health calc put my tdee at 3600 so likely still in decent deficit.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 05-09-2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: I hate auto correct.

Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice

Friday 5/9/15
    208.4lbs

Dumbbells and dead lifts today. Having 12g of super-pump pre with 10g BCAAs lemon flavor is pretty good. Glad I looked at the serving size and found the tiny scoop, it was on the bottom of the jug almost grabbed an extra 30g whey scoop, that would have been intense lol. Increasing DB rows, behind the neck press, and hopefully dead lift. Pushing for more reps on everything else. Have to do some field work today for work, so I will be living out of the car. I will likely be able to stop home for lunch, so just packed some food for the morning meals. Will fill in weights,reps, diet later.

DB Incline
    Superset with
    DB Rows

Dead Lift
    Superset with
    Seated DB shoulder press

SB curls
    Tri set with
    DB BH neck press
    Tri set with sit ups

Accessories?
    Nice workout. How did you like the SuperPump? 30 grams would have been epic.

Ray

Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500)
    I liked them, they felt really good on the posterior delt head and upper back. I dont think they are going to build much mass but wanted to try them from what I have read about balancing the shoulders to avoid impingement issues from doing a lot of pressing and not hitting the rear delts. I am trying to find a few accessory excerises that I can do on my off days that won't interfere with the work I have planned for the following day. I should do calves on off days too, I just don't find them to be a priority as not planning on any comps and mine have always stayed proportional, plus it takes so much punishment to make them grow...

Also I dont care what people in the gym think, (Its a curls in the squat rack kind of place) I have made so much progress in strength and appearance in the last 4 months, they probably think I have some special plan...Not realizing that the hard part is outside the gym with the diet.
    In general, most exercices you do , compound presses etc, are indeed internally rotating the humerus.
    Check the articles of Eric Cressey on T-nation called Shoulder Savers. I find them very helpfull.

Apart from face pulls, you can do cuban presses, rear delt flyes, prone cobras, and a few others to promote external rotation that will balance out the muscles in your rotator cuff.
    The seated cable row is also a big pro for your shoulders but it will probably build less muscle then a bent over row.

Nice workout. How did you like the SuperPump? 30 grams would have been epic.

Ray
    I liked it a lot, clean energy, no jitters or stomach upset. Did get the tingles but see that they go away after a few doses. I recommend trying the lemon flavor. It had decent reviews on here and amazon, I thought it was good and I'm not a lemon fan. Thanks for pushing me into the heavier rows, they felt good grip was failing by 5th rep but felt it in the back. Was surprised I got 5 was thinking I would get 3.

And yes dose times 3 would have been epic. Chewing plates in half epic.

Originally Posted by Mojoke View Post
    In general, most exercices you do , compound presses etc, are indeed internally rotating the humerus.
    Check the articles of Eric Cressey on T-nation called Shoulder Savers. I find them very helpfull.

Apart from face pulls, you can do cuban presses, rear delt flyes, prone cobras, and a few others to promote external rotation that will balance out the muscles in your rotator cuff.
    The seated cable row is also a big pro for your shoulders but it will probably build less muscle then a bent over row.
    Thanks will check them out. Have had shoulder issues in the past so want to try to do what I can to prevent them.

Originally Posted by Isanloksbrah View Post
    Nice
    Thanks

I liked it a lot, clean energy, no jitters or stomach upset. Did get the tingles but see that they go away after a few doses. I recommend trying the lemon flavor. It had decent reviews on here and amazon, I thought it was good and I'm not a lemon fan. Thanks for pushing me into the heavier rows, they felt good grip was failing by 5th rep but felt it in the back. Was surprised I got 5 was thinking I would get 3.

And yes dose times 3 would have been epic. Chewing plates in half epic.
    Nice job on the rows. The beta alanine tingles always get me in the eyeballs. I bought mine in the sup store at the gym I go to (very fair priced). They only had watermelon. I should try the lemon lime.

Ray

Good to see the face pulls work for you. I had meant that I nearly went flying into the machine and was falling over every time lol, looked pretty funny I'm sure. I'm quite sure the weight was just to high. They seem to get raved about as a good accessory exercise for sure.

Too bad about the broken grip on deads today but looks like a great workout still. Lots of volume.