View Poll Results: Dog or random person?

Voters
648. You may not vote on this poll
  • dog

427 65.90%
  • person

221 34.10%
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by scullin View Post
    No I already said I would save the person. That Phil Collins song would haunt me. And I have another dog at least.

Edit: also as pointed out by a couple of people dogs can swim

But not your dog. That's the problem, I look at my dog (Like I am right now), and I see a soul. The guilt of letting him pass when I know I could have intervened would haunt me forever.

eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mightymuddy View Post
    this, person is a fukking sick

genuinely feel overwhelming pity for *******s who would pick their dog, it cannot be healthy to hate people as much as you do, you can live like that but you won't thrive
    And yet it's the "pick the person" folks who are just throwing out insults left and right and generally being hateful.

Not all of you obviously but ffs it's insane how pissed off people are.
    ** Eternal Jimmies Crew **
    ** Wish the Front Desk Wouldn't Say Hi to Me Crew **

deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

genuinely feel overwhelming pity for *******s who would pick their dog, it cannot be healthy to hate people as much as you do, you can live like that but you won't thrive
    You have obviously never owned a dog, so your opinion is completely invalid.

Don't reply saying that you owned a dog, because you didn't. No dog owner would ever write what you have written. Pls go you useless scum. I would voluntarily push you down a raging river and make a thread about it on the misc.

newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) newleaseonlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

So killing an innocent dog is ok. Saving your dog over some random person is not? You don't see the fallacy in your argument?

deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by newleaseonlife View Post
    So killing an innocent dog is ok. Saving your dog over some random person is not? You don't see the fallacy in your argument?
    He's retarded. srs.

Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000)
    what fallacy? i value a human life over a dog's significantly, and obviously i wouldn't kill the dog, but i think the person who kills a human for his pet dog is wrong

lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by eglionz View Post
    And yet it's the "pick the person" folks who are just throwing out insults left and right and generally being hateful.

Not all of you obviously but ffs it's insane how pissed off people are.
    That's probably because we are disturbed by the lack of basic humanity we are seeing.

I have three dogs for the record. Two cockers and a dobie. One of the cockers was rescued from a pound. The dobie was a stray I found and couldn't find the owner.
    Last edited by lasher; 04-06-2014 at 06:01 PM.
    'On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White' - Rochelle Gutierrez, Professor of Mathematics at the University of Illinois.

Originally Posted by deerdiary View Post
    He's retarded. srs.

People like him make the decision easier.

Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sawoobley View Post
    If I witnessed someone save their dog over a human I would immediately kill their dog. srs. No one should be able to benefit off of such an immoral choice.
    Explain why srs?
    I'd pick a human over my dog but wtf is wrong with you?
    https://bandcamp.com/singularity7 - Music collection. Recommend albums. Always looking for more.

tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    <<< This is coming from an autistic *******... I would save the person.
    ††† -Team Sleep- Deftones
    PC Master Race
    **Never trust a Ubisoft trailer Crew**
    ---------------------------------
    The world is changed
    I feel it in the water
    I feel it in the earth
    I smell it in the air
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by InvalidMiscer View Post
    You make me sick. Literally. Fuking retards choosing an animal over a human ITT "but people are bad." Foreveralone losers.

I truly hope that if anyone is in that water, it is you/your family/others of your ilk, and the ******* choosing is also similar to you and chooses the dog. Pathetic *******.
    I like the part where you rationally break down an argument for why humans have more of a right to live than other animals on this planet, rather than resorting to pathetic emotional tantrums and immature neg reps.

Why does intelligence give us more of a right to life on this planet? It's a simple question, care to actually answer it? Why do we have the right to use animals as our slaves, throw them in cages, beat them, butcher them and then eat them with absolutely no regard for their life what so ever? What exactly gives us this right?

What if another species inhabited this planet and they saw us humans as the vermin ants on the ground. What if they were stronger than us and vastly more intelligent and were operating on a level of consciousness us mere humans couldn't understand. You'd be ok with them doing what ever they want to you and your family, right? Because they are of superior intelligence.

Might does not equal right buddy. The strong should protect the weak, not exploit and enslave them for how ever we deem fit.

Humanity is the middle fish.
    "Free men don't bicker over which politician will control their lives. Free men stand together vs the idea that they are to be controlled."

Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    That's probably because we are disturbed by the lack of basic humanity we are seeing.

What lack of humanity? Since when are humans above anything else? Because we have attained consciousness? My dog has never hurt anyone and lives his life to please. For me to ignore that is a gross malfunction in my "Humanity".

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    These threads just make me lol.

Would love for some of you to explain to a guy or girl's family why you chose to save your dog (who will prob. only live another 5-10 years or so tops) over their loved one.

I knew someone who actually did that I'd immediately think that they were phukked in the head. Srs.

Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000) Mightymuddy is just really nice. (+1000)
    People like him make the decision easier.
    yes because people are all the same and my disagreement with you makes all people worthless, i also have no redeeming qualities and we could never get along under different circumstances, i am complete evil and so all people are complete evil, except you, you're the exception amirite?

they're all human, just not as human as me.

Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post

Would love for some of you to explain to a guy or girl's family why you chose to save your dog (who will prob. only live another 5-10 years or so tops) over their loved one.

I knew someone who actually did that I'd immediately think that they were phukked in the head. Srs.

To say this would imply value. If it was the choice between my wife and dog, the choice is simple. But to choose between my dog and a random isn't even a question. I chose my family member over yours...to suggest you would do any different would make you a liar.

eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    Well, it is the MISC.
    ** Eternal Jimmies Crew **
    ** Wish the Front Desk Wouldn't Say Hi to Me Crew **

.:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post

I'd tell them I had to save a family member, Sorry.
    RN/Healthcare Crew - FGC Crew

Registered Nurse? Or work in the healthcare? Come join
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147557373
    Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

To say this would imply value. If it was the choice between my wife and dog, the choice is simple. But to choose between my dog and a random isn't even a question. I chose my family member over yours...to suggest you would do any different would make you a liar.
    get fukked, implying everyone values a dog's life as much as a humans

if two people were drowning obviously i'd probably save my family member over the stranger, but that's assuming they're both human.
    keep telling yourself that other people would do the same, you're delusional.

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    But not your dog. That's the problem, I look at my dog (Like I am right now), and I see a soul. The guilt of letting him pass when I know I could have intervened would haunt me forever.
    The song is from the perspective that someone witnessed someone letting someone drown. I'd always think someone witnessed it and it would probably be true.
    You rock a piss, I'm gonna rock some Mitchell

yes because people are all the same and my disagreement with you makes all people worthless, i also have no redeeming qualities and we could never get along under different circumstances, i am complete evil and so all people are complete evil, except you, you're the exception amirite?

they're all human, just not as human as me.
    I didn't say life was worthless. I said my dog's life is worth more than YOURS. I don't even know your name, nor will we ever fill the same space, but you expect me to value your life more than my dogs? My dog is laying on the couch snoring next to me as we speak. That in itself humanizes him. You're just font bro. In my eyes he's worth 100x more than you.

Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I didn't say life was worthless. I said my dog's life is worth more than YOURS. I don't even know your name, nor will we ever fill the same space, but you expect me to value your life more than my dogs? My dog is laying on the couch snoring next to me as we speak. That in itself humanizes him. You're just font bro. In my eyes he's worth 100x more than you.
    best way to explain this that I have seen yet.
    Bench: 275x1
    OHP: 170x1

Started at 130 11% -> 190 18% -> 170 14% -> 200 18% ->

**12/28/14 jamespoe1's Legendary Thread Crew**

Originally Posted by scullin View Post
    The song is from the perspective that someone witnessed someone letting someone drown. I'd always think someone witnessed it and it would probably be true.
    I like you. You're a mature poster. I don't overlook value...But I am realistic, and I have to say...My dog is where my alliances lay...no matter what phil says.

CdtCox has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CdtCox has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CdtCox has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CdtCox has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CdtCox has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CdtCox has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CdtCox has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CdtCox has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CdtCox has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CdtCox has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CdtCox has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    what kind of ******* dog doesn't know how to swim?
    "Take a course in good water and air; and in the eternal youth of Nature you may renew your own. Go quietly, alone; no harm will befall you." -John Muir

"Give me Liberty or give me Death"- Patrick Henry

"I'm here to operate."- GST

vegasbrah08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vegasbrah08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vegasbrah08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vegasbrah08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vegasbrah08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vegasbrah08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vegasbrah08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vegasbrah08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vegasbrah08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vegasbrah08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vegasbrah08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The only reason I would save the person first is if it was a child maybe even teenager. Besides that I would go for my dog
    my push/pull/legs log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152384423&p=1036385613#post1036385613

1k+ crew

Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Man you need to stop posting srs. Your just blatantly retarded.
    https://bandcamp.com/singularity7 - Music collection. Recommend albums. Always looking for more.

say it's a 6 year old girl drowning along side your dog, would you let her drown?

Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000) Jeremy544 is just really nice. (+1000)
    say it's a 6 year old girl drowning along side your dog, would you let her drown?
    Family>Everything

Have you ever owned a dog?

One who would do anything for you and loves seeing you every minute of everyday?
    Bench: 275x1
    OHP: 170x1

Started at 130 11% -> 190 18% -> 170 14% -> 200 18% ->

**12/28/14 jamespoe1's Legendary Thread Crew**

if two people were drowning obviously i'd probably save my family member over the stranger, but that's assuming they're both human.
    The poll speaks for itself brah.

tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tapout17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jeremy544 View Post
    Has anyone that is saying they would pick a human ever actually had a dog?

A dog that will do anything for you and loves seeing you every minute of everyday?
    I have owned a dog, never cared for them. A human life is priceless (except on the deepweb), I can buy a dog for a few hundred dollars. It would actually benefit me more to save the person.
    ††† -Team Sleep- Deftones
    PC Master Race
    **Never trust a Ubisoft trailer Crew**
    ---------------------------------
    The world is changed
    I feel it in the water
    I feel it in the earth
    I smell it in the air
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

But my dog is my family. That's what you're missing. If someone broke into my house tonight, are you going to war with me? No, but my dog is. My wife dies tomorrow, you gonna grieve with me? No, but my dog is. Don't you see the difference? Other people aren't going to bat for me like my dog is, and that is the deciding factor. PERIOD.