Page 151 of 195 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 5827
    Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FL_Z32 View Post
    Do want. I really don't understand the whole Gun Trust thing. Seems like the process is a bit different depending on what state you live in. Do I basically need to to find a local lawyer to prepare the trust for me? Seems like a real PITA.
    As long as your state doesn't ban suppressors the process should be the same. Used to be a finding a lawyer was recommended but over the past few years it's gotten much easier, there are several places online that you can purchase a trust through now. Basically you give them information needed (Name, trust name, address, etc) and they'll create a trust for you to use. A lot of us over in the MFC thread have used 199trust but I've read good things about making a trust with silencershop.com. Plus with them you can order the suppressor and select a local dealer to have it shipped to. Once they get it, you'll go there and complete your paper work. You will have to send in a few sets of finger prints and a passport photo with the paperwork but another bonus to silencershop dealers are that most of them can do that for you in store.

All that said, you can still file for a silencer as an individual instead of a trust. The trust is a great option though for adding additional people to it that you may let use the silencer at some point.
    MFC

KGB125 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KGB125 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KGB125 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KGB125 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KGB125 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KGB125 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KGB125 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KGB125 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KGB125 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KGB125 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KGB125 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lowkey122 View Post
    Although this has been posted a few times before and not necessarily an improvement I'm just glad I didn't fork over $250 again for this repair.

One of my AC compressors went out earlier this week and I knew it was the run capacitor.

HVAC guy is great but charges $150 trip charge and $100 for a capacitor. The only reason I never attempted this before was due to not being able to find them online but I gave it another look and found it on Amazon for just under $16.

New cap was a little slimmer so the only requirement was adjusting the retaining bracket.

All cleaned up

Running like new

Best part was saving over $200 and I was able to fix it myself before I would've even gotten a call back from the HVAC repairman.

What were the symptoms that led you to that part? My AC works great but wont cycle once its been running a while. I looked it up last year and I think it was the capacitor but cant remember ****. I have gotten by using a program that it runs from 6am to 8:30 where it gets close to 65 then it stays off until 4 (usually about 74-75) then runs till midnight. But for 16 bucks I would fix it. Last HVAC guy said I needed a whole new unit... over 4500 bucks
    **KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE**
    **Novice Traditional Wet Shavers Crew**
    **Ele Shirt Crew (Blue and Gray)**
    **BMW, Mercedes and Porsche Crew**
    Misc fairy tale
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136567801

MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Got an electrical question for my diy brahs. The main light in my living room is a ceiling fan. It only has one wall switch that controls the whole unit, so if I want to turn on the fan but not the lights for example I would have to flip the wall switch and then turn the lights off by the pull cord.

Basically I want to be able to control them separately AND dim the lights. I considered going with Philips Hue bulbs since I already own some but I couldn’t find any with the smaller ceiling fan base.

Is it possible to switch out the light switch for one that will control the fan and lights separately and include a dimmer? Or would that mean rewiring the whole thing?

Here’s a pic of the fan for what it’s worth

The switch on the left controls the ceiling fan. The one on the right controls the foyer light and front porch lights.
    And relief washes over me in an awesome wave

Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MattyMiscer View Post
    Got an electrical question for my diy brahs. The main light in my living room is a ceiling fan. It only has one wall switch that controls the whole unit, so if I want to turn on the fan but not the lights for example I would have to flip the wall switch and then turn the lights off by the pull cord.

Basically I want to be able to control them separately AND dim the lights. I considered going with Philips Hue bulbs since I already own some but I couldn’t find any with the smaller ceiling fan base.

Is it possible to switch out the light switch for one that will control the fan and lights separately and include a dimmer? Or would that mean rewiring the whole thing?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/UgVDut8_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=me dium[img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/lByW6kG_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=me dium[img]
    The switch on the left controls the ceiling fan. The one on the right controls the foyer light and front porch lights.
    Been a while since I wired a ceiling fan but I'm pretty sure you'll have to rewire and do two switches if you want the fan and lights to be controlled separately, that's how my living room is wired anyways. One of your switches could be a dimmer switch though to control the lights while the other would be a regular switch for the fan. It may be possible to wire the fan to always have current to it and you control it using the pull chain, forgoing the switch, but I don't know if there's any code against doing that or not.
    MFC

saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can get this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lutron-M...-100659493-_-N

There's a control module that you install in the fan (warning: it's a tight fit and a PITA to install).

Set the light to brightest, and the fan to fastest (and both ON) before you cut the power and do the installation.

taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You'd have to either rewire or do something that was mentioned with a separate module that you wire in for the lights. I installed a remote for the fan in our bedroom. Controls the lights and fan separatelyif you want. The switch on the wall still controls the power to the unit. Wasn't too hard to install. The only trick is if your fan is really high up . . . need a ladder to reach it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-...0830/202783102
    *MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

**Distal Bicep Rupture Crew (Feb 2013)** -- recovery log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151942933
    **Extreme Dips Crew** - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136113651

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by taf1968 View Post
    You'd have to either rewire or do something that was mentioned with a separate module that you wire in for the lights. I installed a remote for the fan in our bedroom. Controls the lights and fan separatelyif you want. The switch on the wall still controls the power to the unit. Wasn't too hard to install. The only trick is if your fan is really high up . . . need a ladder to reach it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-...0830/202783102
    this. Though I used the wall switch remote found here. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-...050H/202801200
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Edit: I didn't even realize ^ those existed. That might be a good option too.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/UgVDut8_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=me dium[img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/lByW6kG_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=me dium[img]
    I think your best option would be to just replace the fan with one that has a remote and a built in dimmer. The fan will either get power or not based on the switch, but with the remote you can turn on/off the light/fan separately. I put one in my bedroom similar to this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Dec...4729/300654432

It also has a built in dimmer if you hold the light button so you can adjust it as you want.
    Misc Firearms Crew

Official Supp. Misc Beer Crew

RIP YGST

BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Check what wiring is going from switch to fan. If you are lucky is 14/3 or 12/3 wire which means there is a black (hot) red (hot) white (neutral) and green (ground). You can then buy a switch that controls both the fan and the light separately. Connect the black to the light and the red to the fan motor. Do the same back at the switch (instructions should be clear what wire goes where).

If you only have 14/2 or 12/2 wire then you cannot do it this way. You could use a wired-in switch with a fan canopy module to make it work if its 2 wire at the fan.

MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattyMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks guys, repped as many of y’all as I could

PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you would have to run a separate wire to run the lights and fan separately.
    i don't mess with those modules, as they are often crap, and most importantly:
    if you buy a new fan that has speed controls, they are usually set up so the motor speeds work with the motor in the fan.
    if you buy a universal fan controller, they often don't match up with what the motor can handle, and can reduce the life of the motor.
    anytime you do that, you would void the warranty on the fan. not that it matters, as most people at the store don't care how you burnt it out, and fans are somewhat cheap (at least economy models).

but for the greatest peace of mind, i would have a dedicated wire (switch leg as it's called) run from the fan control to the motor.

inb4 Matty decides this is all too much of a headache and starts carrying one of these with him around the house.

MFC

MikeEagle12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeEagle12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeEagle12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeEagle12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeEagle12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeEagle12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeEagle12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeEagle12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeEagle12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeEagle12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeEagle12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    amazing what difference changing some old window blinds to faux wood and replacing all the gold color door knobs in the house can do. Well worth the few hours and few hundred dollars spent yesterday

SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SpeedCheeser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MikeEagle12 View Post
    amazing what difference changing some old window blinds to faux wood and replacing all the gold color door knobs in the house can do. Well worth the few hours and few hundred dollars spent yesterday
    I hate gold knobs/trim. Changing those out would be a must.
    Misc Firearms Crew

Official Supp. Misc Beer Crew

RIP YGST

DatDudeBro is just really nice. (+1000) DatDudeBro is just really nice. (+1000) DatDudeBro is just really nice. (+1000) DatDudeBro is just really nice. (+1000) DatDudeBro is just really nice. (+1000) DatDudeBro is just really nice. (+1000) DatDudeBro is just really nice. (+1000) DatDudeBro is just really nice. (+1000) DatDudeBro is just really nice. (+1000) DatDudeBro is just really nice. (+1000) DatDudeBro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MikeEagle12 View Post
    In the process of slowly replacing all the old gold fixtures and accents in our house. So ugly.

BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BKLYNBOY has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by YIAMSOMEBODY View Post
    Question. Have an interior door that measures 28 x 80....found a door on OFFERUP that measures 28 X 79. What harm would I do by leaving that 1" gap?
    If you plan to paint the door add a 1" strip of wood to top or bottom depending on hinge location - glue it and screw it together. Sand it flush and then paint. Done right you won't even see where you added the extra inch.

jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PatheticPeter View Post
    you would have to run a separate wire to run the lights and fan separately.
    i don't mess with those modules, as they are often crap, and most importantly:
    if you buy a new fan that has speed controls, they are usually set up so the motor speeds work with the motor in the fan.
    if you buy a universal fan controller, they often don't match up with what the motor can handle, and can reduce the life of the motor.
    anytime you do that, you would void the warranty on the fan. not that it matters, as most people at the store don't care how you burnt it out, and fans are somewhat cheap (at least economy models).

but for the greatest peace of mind, i would have a dedicated wire (switch leg as it's called) run from the fan control to the motor.
    That's why so many of the new fans come with the relays. Old homes with a 14/2 or even wiring with no ground still usually have a switched single wire in the ceiling. Those relays allow you to remotely control all of it, fan speed, reverse, light level/dimming, on/off - all from a handheld remote that you can hang next to the switch or put on a nightstand.

I have zero ceiling fans but wired all of the ceiling boxes for A/B 14/3 switching just in case. You never know down the road and it's cheap when drywall is off.

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Solid thread, subscribed. Rating thread 5 stars.
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

MFC Poor Crew President and Founder.

PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jeshelton View Post
    That's why so many of the new fans come with the relays. Old homes with a 14/2 or even wiring with no ground still usually have a switched single wire in the ceiling. Those relays allow you to remotely control all of it, fan speed, reverse, light level/dimming, on/off - all from a handheld remote that you can hang next to the switch or put on a nightstand.

I have zero ceiling fans but wired all of the ceiling boxes for A/B 14/3 switching just in case. You never know down the road and it's cheap when drywall is off.
    good move on your part.
    i should mention i live in chicagoland, where all of our electric is in conduit, and romex/nm is not allowed, so rewiring usually isnt a big deal.

eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DatDudeBro View Post
    In the process of slowly replacing all the old gold fixtures and accents in our house. So ugly.
    Save them, in 2040 Gold will be back in style.

So since people are talking ceiling fans.

Anyone ever wired one with no existing outlet on the ceiling not even a light. Only thing I can think of is splicing off a existing wall switch and running a line up.

Maybe an electrician is a good idea. Lol
    Dodgers!
    BAAA BAA Baa Taaa Taaa Toothy

Originally Posted by eltoro24 View Post
    Probably a safe bet. I'm big with the DIY stuff but generally electricity is something I don't fuk with. If it's something that requires a license (plumbing, electric, HVAC) I would rather leave it to the pros.

Originally Posted by eltoro24 View Post
    Save them, in 2040 Gold will be back in style.

So since people are talking ceiling fans.

Anyone ever wired one with no existing outlet on the ceiling not even a light. Only thing I can think of is splicing off a existing wall switch and running a line up.

Yeah you can come off an existing switch or wall outlet. If you come off a switch make sure you tie in on the side feeding the switch and not the side coming off the switch. Don't want to wire it so that you have to turn one switch on just to get power to another switch. The house I grew up in was like that, there was an outlet on the wall that wouldn't work unless you turned the living room lights on.
    MFC

FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Adarus View Post
    As long as your state doesn't ban suppressors the process should be the same. Used to be a finding a lawyer was recommended but over the past few years it's gotten much easier, there are several places online that you can purchase a trust through now. Basically you give them information needed (Name, trust name, address, etc) and they'll create a trust for you to use. A lot of us over in the MFC thread have used 199trust but I've read good things about making a trust with silencershop.com. Plus with them you can order the suppressor and select a local dealer to have it shipped to. Once they get it, you'll go there and complete your paper work. You will have to send in a few sets of finger prints and a passport photo with the paperwork but another bonus to silencershop dealers are that most of them can do that for you in store.

All that said, you can still file for a silencer as an individual instead of a trust. The trust is a great option though for adding additional people to it that you may let use the silencer at some point.

Hmmm thanks, will look into it.

I used a switch like this in my master,

Generally though I HATE lights on a ceiling fan. However, I wanted a switch to turn on some lights when I walked into the room and didn't feel like re-wiring the rest of the room. I'm very particular with my lighting

lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KGB125 View Post
    What were the symptoms that led you to that part? My AC works great but wont cycle once its been running a while. I looked it up last year and I think it was the capacitor but cant remember ****. I have gotten by using a program that it runs from 6am to 8:30 where it gets close to 65 then it stays off until 4 (usually about 74-75) then runs till midnight. But for 16 bucks I would fix it. Last HVAC guy said I needed a whole new unit... over 4500 bucks
    Mine was easy to diagnose because my compressor wouldn't kick on at all. I should've done this in my original post but if you notice the capacitor looks like a soda can that's been put in the freezer and the top is bulged like this....

then your capacitor is trash.

You can also purchase a multi-meter that has a capacitance setting and test yours. It's important to understand how to discharge one before you do anything with a capacitor but if it's working but then goes out after the unit has been running a while it might be on its way out and you could tell with the meter.

Either way they have a lifespan and it's not a matter of if but when they'll quit and it's usually in the most inconvenient time of the year. For around $15 I'd buy two, one to replace and another as a backup when that one fails. However depending on the age of your unit it might not be unreasonable to consider swapping it out. I replaced an entire unit out a few years ago (different house) and it heated and cooled the house 10x faster than the previous unit and cut my electric and gas bills in half.
    Attached Images
    "Luck" is probability taken personally

Never accept a "No" from someone who wasn't empowered to give you a "Yes" in the first place

Any of you all ever had luck dealing with weeds/grass growing in a gravel driveway? I've used a few ground clear products in the past and had good results for a short time but usually within 6 months the growth is back. It looks like I'm just going to have to be more diligent about spraying it but I'd be glad to find something that could kill growth for 2-3 years at a time.
    MFC

happy new years bitch yochrisss's Avatar
    yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yochrisss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IN on this thread. Bought my first house on friday and have a few things I wanna get done in the coming years. First thing is to get rid of this handicap ramp so I can open up and show off the brick behind it

only misc at work crew

Originally Posted by yochrisss View Post
    IN on this thread. Bought my first house on friday and have a few things I wanna get done in the coming years. First thing is to get rid of this handicap ramp so I can open up and show off the brick behind it

Mirin' leg day ramp.

Gixxer if you're lurkin around here did you happen to figure the cost of your edging by the linear foot? I've got a few places quoting it for me and I'm trying to get an idea of what it would cost for me to do it myself if I bought or rented a machine.
    MFC

Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any of you all ever had luck dealing with weeds/grass growing in a gravel driveway? I've used a few ground clear products in the past and had good results for a short time but usually within 6 months the growth is back. It looks like I'm just going to have to be more diligent about spraying it but I'd be glad to find something that could kill growth for 2-3 years at a time.
    Grandfather always used diesel fuel.

Just sayin.

Originally Posted by Firefightn24 View Post
    Grandfather always used diesel fuel.

Just sayin.
    I was contemplating a concoction of that and some glyphosate with a little dish detergent. Probably have to go over it three or four times but eventually the weeds would learn their lesson I'd think.
    MFC

I was contemplating a concoction of that and some glyphosate with a little dish detergent. Probably have to go over it three or four times but eventually the weeds would learn their lesson I'd think.
    You don’t even need that extra stuff, just the diesel

And a spark