Closed Thread
Page 23 of 278 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast
    RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When can a beginner like me start moving on to isolation excerses (hyperthrophy) so I can get bigger arms and stuff

cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by RebornGC45 View Post
    When can a beginner like me start moving on to isolation excerses (hyperthrophy) so I can get bigger arms and stuff
    Probably once you hit intermediate level i.e. when you can 1 rep squat 2x your bodyweight and bench 1.5x your bodyweight (or alternatively 12-rep squat 1.5x bodyweight and 12-rep bench your own bodyweight).

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cian93 View Post
    Alright so I'm currently eating fairly low calorie. I'm getting a little over 1g of protein/lb but fat and carbs are both fairly low and that's how I've lost bf so far. This is the first time I've ever felt hungry in months but hunger doesn't bother me much at all. Are you saying I should stick with something like this for another two cycles until I can get down to about 10% BF? Can I add some HIIT cardio in to my rest days to help? (I just prefer HIIT over moderate intensity, it's more fun and doesn't take as long)

Those squat and bench figures are roughly what I expect to hit anyway, although I wouldn't expect to drop as far as 148lb which is really light. I've already dropped back to the weight I started at before bulking (although with lower BF) so I don't want to get much lower.
    If you are feeling hungry or tired or failing miserably on lifts (missing more than 1 rep per set), try moving your 150ish grams of protein to 100 grams of protein and add 50 to the carbs. Fats can be kept low (my version of low is 80 grams) for a few months but eventuality its going to bite you in the ass from either joints/connecting tissue, or hormone imbalances (headaches, constant runny nose, space cadet, feel like a sack of bricks in the morning). Protein is the worse energy source and you dont need more than 100g on a cut at your/our level. When you are at 3000-3500 cals to maintain 10%, thats when 1 gram per pound kicks in. Hell you would get 1 gram per pound with just oats-n-milk at 3000 calories.

PS: HIIT is considered an additional day of exercise. It WILL affect your lifts, regardless of what program you are on. 45min of HIIT is like adding 45min of lifting. I wouldnt advise it unless you have very specific performance goals. "Get Big" or "look good" is not a performance goal. Basket ball/rugby/soccer/base ball, track, those are performance goals. Hell a sub 15 min 5k or a 10k 80lb rut march would be a good performance reason to run HIIT.

Originally Posted by RebornGC45 View Post
    Isolation is for lagging body parts that are not getting enough stimulation from the big 3 compounds (squat/bench/row). The only true isolation on all pro is the calf raise because 1/3 of people dont grow calves from squats/deads even if they can do 400lbs, and allpro beginer's goal is to look well rounded, not develop a massive strength core like 5x5 or SS.

So you can add isolation exercises if you do them directly after allpro. Is recommended to start adding 1 after your 3rd cycle if you are a total n00b and have never done the big 3. You can add a 2nd isolation after your 4th cycle.

At that point it starts looking massive. You are talking 9 exercises 3x a week on a beginner routine. That is borderline crazy for a hypertrophy (main goal of allpro) routine.

stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My chest responds better to machine and cable rather than bench press, what should i do?

cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    If you are feeling hungry or tired or failing miserably on lifts (missing more than 1 rep per set), try moving your 150ish grams of protein to 100 grams of protein and add 50 to the carbs. Fats can be kept low (my version of low is 80 grams) for a few months but eventuality its going to bite you in the ass from either joints/connecting tissue, or hormone imbalances (headaches, constant runny nose, space cadet, feel like a sack of bricks in the morning). Protein is the worse energy source and you dont need more than 100g on a cut at your/our level. When you are at 3000-3500 cals to maintain 10%, thats when 1 gram per pound kicks in. Hell you would get 1 gram per pound with just oats-n-milk at 3000 calories.

PS: HIIT is considered an additional day of exercise. It WILL affect your lifts, regardless of what program you are on. 45min of HIIT is like adding 45min of lifting. I wouldnt advise it unless you have very specific performance goals. "Get Big" or "look good" is not a performance goal. Basket ball/rugby/soccer/base ball, track, those are performance goals. Hell a sub 15 min 5k or a 10k 80lb rut march would be a good performance reason to run HIIT.
    Oh I never failed any of the lifts and I never find myself getting tired, in fact I usually take a while to get to sleep at night. I'm a guy who can easily survive without much food. I fasted Good Friday and only ate 1 meal and I barely noticed. My fats are way lower than that, I have a hard time finding food with much fat in it. The only things I've found with a lot of fat that don't have tons of carbs are nuts and cheese and I can't really eat a whole lot of either without feeling really full. The only alternative I could think of is to just eat butter but I'd imagine that's a cholesterol nightmare. I'm reluctant to put it up though because of the fat I just lost when I put it down. Total calories right now is around 1650 per day, it was about 2600 when I was gaining and that was hard to keep down.

In terms of goals, it's not performance goals, it's just weight and bf goals. Trying to get to over 75kg/165lb with 10% or less fat before the end of the year so I wanted to add more work to help reduce BF faster. I've never seen any HIIT workouts as long as 45 minutes though, they're usually around 15 minutes. The lifts on medium and light are going pretty easily and don't wear me out much. On light days in particular, unless it's a pretty hot day, I literally don't break a sweat most of the time so I feel like I should be able to handle a little more on the days in between.

Also, the FAQ says you can start adding one new exercise after 3 cycles. Is there anything I could do to work my chest a little more?

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oh I never failed any of the lifts and I never find myself getting tired, in fact I usually take a while to get to sleep at night. I'm a guy who can easily survive without much food. I fasted Good Friday and only ate 1 meal and I barely noticed. My fats are way lower than that, I have a hard time finding food with much fat in it. The only things I've found with a lot of fat that don't have tons of carbs are nuts and cheese and I can't really eat a whole lot of either without feeling really full. The only alternative I could think of is to just eat butter but I'd imagine that's a cholesterol nightmare. I'm reluctant to put it up though because of the fat I just lost when I put it down. Total calories right now is around 1650 per day, it was about 2600 when I was gaining and that was hard to keep down.

In terms of goals, it's not performance goals, it's just weight and bf goals. Trying to get to over 75kg/165lb with 10% or less fat before the end of the year so I wanted to add more work to help reduce BF faster. I've never seen any HIIT workouts as long as 45 minutes though, they're usually around 15 minutes. The lifts on medium and light are going pretty easily and don't wear me out much. On light days in particular, unless it's a pretty hot day, I literally don't break a sweat most of the time so I feel like I should be able to handle a little more on the days in between.

Also, the FAQ says you can start adding one new exercise after 3 cycles. Is there anything I could do to work my chest a little more?
    Ok you are a male that is eating 1650 calories a day, with extremely low fat intake. Your goal is to loose another 5lbs of fat to get down to say 150lbs @ 10%. Then say with 7 months left in the year, you expect to gain 14 pounds of muscle and 1 pound of fat.

Ok you know what the most awesome body transformations are? The 20 year olds that can put on 18lbs of muscle in 18 months while maintaining 10% body fat. Those are typically people with ALOT of help with 1 on 1 coaching and meal planning.

A 165lb male that is 5.6 and 10% bf, is going to have maintenance of well over 3000 calories. He is an intermediate lifter that can easily clear a total of 1300lbs on the dead/squat/bench.

I highly advise doing some research on nutrition. If the article regurgitates 1gram per pound and has no references from the last 5 years, find a different source.
    I would stick to your current sort of plan of getting to 10% in the next 2 cycles. Then reevaluate your goals based in your research.

To work chest more I advise pausing for a 3 count while touching your chest at the bench. The more you pause, the greater the chest recruitment. A 1 count is mandatory. If you do touch and go, or chest bounce, you just turned your chest into a spring and just relying on stretch reflex, so zero chest work.

Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How important is it to do the excercizes in the order given?

Another thing, I did all my 10 rep maxes on Saturday. Can I count it as my heavy day and just start on my medium day Monday?

Thanks for the workout. I already like it.
    Last edited by Speakachu; 04-20-2014 at 07:55 PM.

k1ngoftheranch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok you are a male that is eating 1650 calories a day, with extremely low fat intake. Your goal is to loose another 5lbs of fat to get down to say 150lbs @ 10%. Then say with 7 months left in the year, you expect to gain 14 pounds of muscle and 1 pound of fat.

Ok you know what the most awesome body transformations are? The 20 year olds that can put on 18lbs of muscle in 18 months while maintaining 10% body fat. Those are typically people with ALOT of help with 1 on 1 coaching and meal planning.

A 165lb male that is 5.6 and 10% bf, is going to have maintenance of well over 3000 calories. He is an intermediate lifter that can easily clear a total of 1300lbs on the dead/squat/bench.

I highly advise doing some research on nutrition. If the article regurgitates 1gram per pound and has no references from the last 5 years, find a different source.
    I would stick to your current sort of plan of getting to 10% in the next 2 cycles. Then reevaluate your goals based in your research.

To work chest more I advise pausing for a 3 count while touching your chest at the bench. The more you pause, the greater the chest recruitment. A 1 count is mandatory. If you do touch and go, or chest bounce, you just turned your chest into a spring and just relying on stretch reflex, so zero chest work.
    Im 165lbs 5'6"...not 10% but not fat and im nowhere near 1300lb total...wish i was.there but having trouble getting past 165 bench for reps and 185 squat for reps...

Also i was eating 3000 cals plus a day but even then....
    currently have been eating a bit less and only in a few meals not my usual 5-6 meals and still maintaning my body weight..

I used the Emma Leigh nutrition article from the FAQ.

"UNLESS you have medical reasons for lower protein, or unless guided to use the GENERAL sports nutrition guidelines, I would suggest the BODYBUILDING values...So - General 'bodybuilding' guidelines for protein would be as follows:
    - Moderate bodyfat and training load = 2.2-2.8g per kg TOTAL weight (about 1-1.25g per pound)"

"Low calorie dieting - you can decrease further, but as a minimum, I would not suggest LESS than about 0.30g/ pound."

Calculated maintenance (using Katch-McArdle) was ~2380 for me. I lowered this 10% in week 1 but it had no effect, weight was the same, BF was the same. Lowered 20% week 2, and it started working better. Week 3 (this week) I lowered by 30% to get to where I am now and I made some more, smaller BF losses. Using callipers and suprailliac measurement, I was 14% at the end of week 1, 12.5% by the end of week 2 and about 12% now (actual numbers won't be 100% accurate but there's definite losses using the same method). It wasn't ideal circumstances this week though due to being stuck and eating takeout pizza for dinner on Thursday, fasting Friday and then eating chocolate today (which I usually don't do) so I think I'll try it again this week and see how it goes.

Not sure how long it'll take to lower BF to 10% but I was hoping I could get it down from ~12.5% to ~10% by the end of summer anyway so 4 months, then maybe 4 months bulking. Last time I bulked in January I put on 6lb in the first month with a pretty consistent BF (I was just estimating by looking at the time, didn't have a callipers until more recently). I stalled in weight gain but I also failed to increase calories so I'm hoping I can repeat that and take it a little further next time.

Djungeldjur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does it matter in what order i do the exercises?

Originally Posted by Speakachu View Post
    How important is it to do the excercizes in the order given?

Another thing, I did all my 10 rep maxes on Saturday. Can I count it as my heavy day and just start on my medium day Monday?

Thanks for the workout. I already like it.
    Yes you need to the exercises in order, or bare min the first 3 should be done before the rest.
    No you start out at 8 rep heavy day. You could try what you typed since this is first cycle and you should have picked light weights to begin with. Still you are 3 weeks out till you hit ten rep week...

Originally Posted by Djungeldjur View Post
    Does it matter in what order i do the exercises?
    Bare min its the BIG THREE, followed by the 4 accessory lifts. Yes it matters but unless you have your own gym you will have to interact with this world.

Originally Posted by k1ngoftheranch View Post
    Im 165lbs 5'6"...not 10% but not fat and im nowhere near 1300lb total...wish i was.there but having trouble getting past 165 bench for reps and 185 squat for reps...

Also i was eating 3000 cals plus a day but even then....
    currently have been eating a bit less and only in a few meals not my usual 5-6 meals and still maintaning my body weight..
    The 1300lb total is needed to maintain 10%. The lower in body fat you get the more weight you must swing around. 160 at 20% bf might not take exercise... Ratchet that down to 165 (on a frame meant for 145) and 10% fat and it will take ALOT of stimulation to keep the weight on.

I used the Emma Leigh nutrition article from the FAQ.

"UNLESS you have medical reasons for lower protein, or unless guided to use the GENERAL sports nutrition guidelines, I would suggest the BODYBUILDING values...So - General 'bodybuilding' guidelines for protein would be as follows:
    - Moderate bodyfat and training load = 2.2-2.8g per kg TOTAL weight (about 1-1.25g per pound)"

"Low calorie dieting - you can decrease further, but as a minimum, I would not suggest LESS than about 0.30g/ pound."

Calculated maintenance (using Katch-McArdle) was ~2380 for me. I lowered this 10% in week 1 but it had no effect, weight was the same, BF was the same. Lowered 20% week 2, and it started working better. Week 3 (this week) I lowered by 30% to get to where I am now and I made some more, smaller BF losses. Using callipers and suprailliac measurement, I was 14% at the end of week 1, 12.5% by the end of week 2 and about 12% now (actual numbers won't be 100% accurate but there's definite losses using the same method). It wasn't ideal circumstances this week though due to being stuck and eating takeout pizza for dinner on Thursday, fasting Friday and then eating chocolate today (which I usually don't do) so I think I'll try it again this week and see how it goes.

Not sure how long it'll take to lower BF to 10% but I was hoping I could get it down from ~12.5% to ~10% by the end of summer anyway so 4 months, then maybe 4 months bulking. Last time I bulked in January I put on 6lb in the first month with a pretty consistent BF (I was just estimating by looking at the time, didn't have a callipers until more recently). I stalled in weight gain but I also failed to increase calories so I'm hoping I can repeat that and take it a little further next time.
    Id say a very mild cut would have you dropping 5lbs in 2 cycles, maybe even 7 lbs, with zero strength loss. You are still not taking in the whole picture on nutrition. yes 1 gram per pound is what alot of body builders are taking AT 4000 CALORIES MAINTENANCE. I would be physically impossible not to hit that with whole foods, even ones that are primarily carb sources. You go down to 1500 calories and 150grams of protein, where is the energy coming from to move the weights? My mins for any adult male is a 2000 cal diet with 100 grams protein, 100 grams fats, and 150-200 grams carbs. You can go above those number, but not below any. If you can maintain 10% at 1600-2000 calories while on allpro, you should also be able to hide behind broom stick.

Im not discussing nutrition in the weight swinging forum. I gave the basics so you dont get hurt/stall, feel free to check out the 3-4 nutrition forums to fine tune your goals. Just remember that just like there is a massive change in training from beginning to elite on lifts, its the same with nutrition with muscle mass and bf.

Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by stn0404 View Post
    My chest responds better to machine and cable rather than bench press, what should i do?
    Do bench press. In the long run you will be much better off using free weights vs. machines.
    View my progress at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154724503

Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." - George Sheehan

Low aim is the biggest crime a man can commit. -- Bruce Lee

"Why do I lift? I have many things left that I want to do in my life and I cannot think of a single one that I can do from a scooter" - me

Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Speakachu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes you need to the exercises in order, or bare min the first 3 should be done before the rest.
    No you start out at 8 rep heavy day. You could try what you typed since this is first cycle and you should have picked light weights to begin with. Still you are 3 weeks out till you hit ten rep week...
    My 10 reps max sure didnt seem light...

Squat 185 could have done at least 195
    Bench 140
    BOR 110
    OHP 90
    RDL 205 could have done more but still testing bad back. My ham strings still sore 2 days later.

Garage gym.
    Last edited by Speakachu; 04-21-2014 at 06:23 AM.

Originally Posted by Speakachu View Post
    My 10 reps max sure didnt seem light...

Squat 185 could have done at least 195
    Bench 140
    BOR 110
    OHP 90
    RDL 205 could have done more but still testing bad back. My ham strings still sore 2 days later.

Garage gym.
    You should pick weights you are guaranteed to pass with. Worse case is you picked too light and spent 1 cycle 10% below optimal. it took me 2 cycles to get everything dialed in, went too high on bench and too low on squat. If you passed with your 10 rep test, then 3 weeks of conditioning will be fine and you should get those extra 2 reps in on test day just fine.

I am also part of the garage gym master raise, though the only non craigslist items are some 45s i got with my sears rewards points.

chenwenjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi pro, can i change bench press to incline bench press (30 degrees), stiff-legged DL to Romanian Deadlift?

JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyGunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My bench and row are both so low that 50% of the weight is less than the bar, and the same goes for 25% of my squat.

Eg. Today (first day) I should be benching
    8x18.75
    8x37.5
    8x75
    8x75

Obviously I can't bench 20 or 40 pounds - what do I do?

Originally Posted by JohnnyGunn View Post
    My bench and row are both so low that 50% of the weight is less than the bar, and the same goes for 25% of my squat.

Eg. Today (first day) I should be benching
    8x18.75
    8x37.5
    8x75
    8x75

Obviously I can't bench 20 or 40 pounds - what do I do?
    Rule is if you have to warm up with less than the bar, warmup with the bar. the whole 25%/50% is kinda dumb, but im not changing the original guide.
    alot of us do other warmups like:
    Bar for half of weekly reps
    75% of working weight for half of weekly reps

As you found out, there really is no point of warming up with 15lbs when you working weight is 75. The program is written for total n00bs, and 90% of n00bs waaaaay over do warmups. If the warmup takes longer than 5min, your not doing it right. If you have to rest more than 30 seconds between warmup and working set, your not doing it right.

For my bench warmup for the entire month:
    bar(45lbs) for 6 reps for stretch
    95lbs ( bar plus 25's) for 6 reps.
    work sets (135-155 depending on if im doing 8-12beginner or 4-8novice progression)
    Last edited by nightanole; 04-21-2014 at 10:14 AM.

Lirwin3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lirwin3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lirwin3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lirwin3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lirwin3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lirwin3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does it matter if you do seated or standing calf raises?

You should pick weights you are guaranteed to pass with. Worse case is you picked too light and spent 1 cycle 10% below optimal. it took me 2 cycles to get everything dialed in, went too high on bench and too low on squat. If you passed with your 10 rep test, then 3 weeks of conditioning will be fine and you should get those extra 2 reps in on test day just fine.

I am also part of the garage gym master raise, though the only non craigslist items are some 45s i got with my sears rewards points.

Thank you - CL is the bomb... Everything is from there. I should be very close on the weights. Id rather flunk at the end and do over that go too light. If I thought I would flunk something it might be the OHP.

RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RebornGC45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Isolation is for lagging body parts that are not getting enough stimulation from the big 3 compounds (squat/bench/row). The only true isolation on all pro is the calf raise because 1/3 of people dont grow calves from squats/deads even if they can do 400lbs, and allpro beginer's goal is to look well rounded, not develop a massive strength core like 5x5 or SS.

So you can add isolation exercises if you do them directly after allpro. Is recommended to start adding 1 after your 3rd cycle if you are a total n00b and have never done the big 3. You can add a 2nd isolation after your 4th cycle.

At that point it starts looking massive. You are talking 9 exercises 3x a week on a beginner routine. That is borderline crazy for a hypertrophy (main goal of allpro) routine.
    So I'll run allpro for like 6 cycles then do a split where I target muscles on certain days like legs and back..shoulder and arms...etc

joegrant5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im going to be unable to train for about 6 weeks because of exams. Would it be better to bulk or eat clean over these week? Baring in mind i will be at the gym very little, if at all.

Tyroas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyroas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyroas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyroas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyroas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyroas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyroas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyroas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyroas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyroas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tyroas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can I do ab/oblique work on off-days? Thursday is my heavy day, saturday my medium and monday my light. Can I do oblique/ab work on friday, sunday and tuesday?

Originally Posted by joegrant5 View Post
    Im going to be unable to train for about 6 weeks because of exams. Would it be better to bulk or eat clean over these week? Baring in mind i will be at the gym very little, if at all.
    Eat to just maintain weight.
    Originally Posted by Tyroas View Post
    Can I do ab/oblique work on off-days? Thursday is my heavy day, saturday my medium and monday my light. Can I do oblique/ab work on friday, sunday and tuesday?
    Core work should not be done the day before/after heavy day. If you have a fatigued core for heavy day you are asking for it. You can do it directly after medium day all the way till the day after light day.

Lirwin3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lirwin3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lirwin3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lirwin3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lirwin3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lirwin3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So can I do both the seated calf raises and the standing calf raises on the smith machine? Or do I have to choose one or the other?

GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well tomorrow is test day. Looking forward to it to see what happens.

HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    75%/100% is the point on all pro beginner that you switch to novice, which is 3 sets of 4-8 reps for the first 3 lifts. its a segway before you hit bw for 12 bench and 1.5x bw for 12 squat. At that point you move on to all pro intermediate v2 which is 4 sets of the first 3 lifts witrh 4-8 rep range, with 2 heavy days per week (no heavy/medium/light). All 4 allpro intermediate routines are combined in one sticky, but its pretty hetick and not many postings.
    Going to switch to the novice routine, the 10% jumps are just too much. Im finishing cycle 8.

Question, do I stick with the same weights im doing, or am i supposed to check for a new rep max of some sort going into the novice routine?

Also, it's still 90 second rest between the 3 sets?

Thanks.

Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HILMAN76 View Post
    Going to switch to the novice routine, the 10% jumps are just too much. Im finishing cycle 8.

Question, do I stick with the same weights im doing, or am i supposed to check for a new rep max of some sort going into the novice routine?

Also, it's still 90 second rest between the 3 sets?

Thanks.
    HILMAN,

Just bump by 10% and go to the new rep range. Take your bumps after that by how you feel. You may be able to get a couple more cycles at 10% before you have to tone it down some.

I still try for 60-90 second rests between sets.

Good luck.

Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." - George Sheehan

"Why do I lift? I have many things left that I want to do in my life and I cannot think of a single one that I can do from a scooter" - me

Originally Posted by Lirwin3 View Post
    So can I do both the seated calf raises and the standing calf raises on the smith machine? Or do I have to choose one or the other?
    Only need to do 1 or the other. If you want to do both then do it as they are isolation exercises for the calf only and calves usually need plenty of stimulation to grow. Also doing both should not affect any of your other lifts.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by joegrant5 View Post
    Eat at maintenance so that you maintain your weight. If you continue on bulking calories then all you will do is gain fat.

Good luck.