Closed Thread
Page 3 of 278 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One thing new (to me, anyway) I recently started with my SLDL: At the beginning, before I go down, I do a shrug. Then I go down, then back up, and do another shrug. Continue like that, so I end up with one more shrug than I do SLDL reps. I only started doing this when I started Cycle 2 last week, so haven't seen any results yet.

I can really feel it hitting my traps and deltoids - do I risk overtraining these along with the bench, BOR and OHP?

floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Last cycle I benched 55 on Test Day, barely managed to hit all 12, I think I sacrificied form but decided to increase the weight anyways because I thought 55 again would be too easy.

Doing 60 now and I could not even complete all the reps during 9 rep week.

If I'm failing at rep 6 of my second second during 9 rep week, should I decrease the weight?

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Gunny57 View Post
    One thing new (to me, anyway) I recently started with my SLDL: At the beginning, before I go down, I do a shrug. Then I go down, then back up, and do another shrug. Continue like that, so I end up with one more shrug than I do SLDL reps. I only started doing this when I started Cycle 2 last week, so haven't seen any results yet.

I can really feel it hitting my traps and deltoids - do I risk overtraining these along with the bench, BOR and OHP?
    Be very careful. That is the opposite of what is taught when doing the traditional SLDL and normal dead lift. In a normal dead you pull your shoulders down with your lats, to lock them in and strengthen/preload the core. Kinda like how alot of people teach to lock the core for the start of squats.

I know you are just doing this before/after the movement, but make sure you are locking your shoulders down, and not up like in a shrug, or back alike a squat, when doing the dead.

PS: It was cold as fark and i didnt want to turn on the heater so i did my squats in my hoodie. Man that was the best squat session in a long time. I was thinking the bar would roll right off my back and kill me, but it locked right into the grove and didnt dig into my back like it does with a thin t shirt.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by floridagirl7 View Post
    Last cycle I benched 55 on Test Day, barely managed to hit all 12, I think I sacrificied form but decided to increase the weight anyways because I thought 55 again would be too easy.

Doing 60 now and I could not even complete all the reps during 9 rep week.

If I'm failing at rep 6 of my second second during 9 rep week, should I decrease the weight?
    Yup, you cheated at test day, and the next 9 rep week is equal to test day in terms of tonnage lifted. So basically you didnt do a deload, and suffering the consequences

k1ngoftheranch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know its been asked but never really saw a time on it....how long to rest between exercises?...if equipment is free i usually take 2-3 min between exercises...and only 90 seconds between sets...

Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Gunny,

As night said be sure that your form is good on your SLDL. The other thing is that your traps most likely will not be able to keep up with your hammies once you get a few cycles in. Make sure you stop doing the shrugs as soon as proper form and contraction cannot be achieved with your shrugs.

Good luck.
    View my progress at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154724503

Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." - George Sheehan

Low aim is the biggest crime a man can commit. -- Bruce Lee

"Why do I lift? I have many things left that I want to do in my life and I cannot think of a single one that I can do from a scooter" - me

Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by k1ngoftheranch View Post
    I know its been asked but never really saw a time on it....how long to rest between exercises?...if equipment is free i usually take 2-3 min between exercises...and only 90 seconds between sets...
    That is perfect king.
    View my progress at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154724503

Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." - George Sheehan

Low aim is the biggest crime a man can commit. -- Bruce Lee

"Why do I lift? I have many things left that I want to do in my life and I cannot think of a single one that I can do from a scooter" - me

floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000) floridagirl7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Yup, you cheated at test day, and the next 9 rep week is equal to test day in terms of tonnage lifted. So basically you didnt do a deload, and suffering the consequences
    should I decrease back down to 55 then?

GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Gunny, if you absolutely want to do shrugs just throw a set on at the end of the workout. All-pro doesn't want you to add anything until after the 3rd cycle. But I really think you might be better off adding them at the end so you can focus on your sldl. But that's just my opinion. I love shrugs.

k1ngoftheranch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I need to make sure i push shoulders down during my sldl as well...do u lock back shoulders at top of movement like regular deadlift?..

Originally Posted by floridagirl7 View Post
    should I decrease back down to 55 then?
    I would since can only do 6 on 9 rep day. If you were only missing 1 rep id keep going.

dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Last week I cleared 12 reps on everything, but I think the time has come for me to move on from All Pro beginner. More on that later. First, results from last week:

Squat - 205 (felt like I could have added more reps!)
    Bench - 185
    Rows - 135
    Press - 105 (had failed on this the previous cycle; excited to clear it this time)
    SLDL - 135 (had plenty left in the tank; needed to add more weight to the bar)
    Curl - 12x90
    Standing Calf Raise - 12x275 (machine)

Why do I think its time to move on? On Sunday I reset to 8 reps and added weight to the bar. Squats were the only exercise that I made it to 8 reps(truthfully could have gone 10; legs have really grown these past few months). For everything else it wasn't good. Bench was 5x205, for example. OHP was 4x115. I decided to spend the rest of the week as a sort of deload week while I figure out what I'm moving onto next.

Allpro beginner has been a great routine. Combined with the proper diet, I have seen more progression in the past 3 months than I have the past 3 years. This is not an exaggeration; previously I had no sense of nutrition and no routine with progressive overload. Just spinning my wheels.

Going forward, I'm considering All Pro Intermediate 1. Not sure how to handle training 2x a week since I've always done 3x or 4x a week. Guess I can add some light cardio for conditioning or ab workouts or something. I'll take any feedback on that if anyone had done that routine and wouldn't mind sharing their experience.
    There is no knowledge that is not power.

Live free or die.

Originally Posted by k1ngoftheranch View Post
    I need to make sure i push shoulders down during my sldl as well...do u lock back shoulders at top of movement like regular deadlift?..
    If you are talking about pulling your shoulders back like when you squat, that is considered bad form on dead. Dead form is pull shoulders down to preload, and feel free to round the upper back. Pulling shoulder blades back and trying to keep chin/head up and upper back straight will mess you up in the long run. A lot of guys push there chin to their chest like they are holding a tennis ball to break the habit.

JTR616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTR616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTR616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTR616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTR616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTR616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTR616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTR616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTR616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTR616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JTR616 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't feel like using the search button on 4 different threads so I'll just ask. Yesterday was my medium weight day but after work I had to meet my realtor to go house shopping so I missed a lift. Should I just do another heavy day today and call it quits for the week on lifting or do my medium day today and do my light day Saturday? My heavy day is Monday if you didn't pick up on my workout schedule.

Thanks!

UTREGT is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTREGT is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTREGT is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTREGT is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTREGT is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTREGT is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTREGT is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTREGT is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTREGT is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTREGT is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTREGT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    would do another heavy day

RobertJoseph17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JTR616 View Post
    I don't feel like using the search button on 4 different threads so I'll just ask. Yesterday was my medium weight day but after work I had to meet my realtor to go house shopping so I missed a lift. Should I just do another heavy day today and call it quits for the week on lifting or do my medium day today and do my light day Saturday? My heavy day is Monday if you didn't pick up on my workout schedule.

Thanks!
    Yeah I would do a Heavy day today. If you do a light day on Saturday, you'll have to wait another 2 days before you do heavy day.

rebelfaction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know in the FAQ it says you're not supposed to substitute exercises but I'm doing this at home without a power rack or bench. For the squads I've been doing hack squats, not sure if front squats would be better? And instead of bench press I've been doing floor DB press. Any suggestions if these would be ok substitutions, or suggest better exercises without the equipment?

jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is 3 pages late, but just wanted to say thanks for the great help, will definitely take the advice, going to the gym now.

Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh man, running AllPro in conjunction with intermittent fasting is insane. The fat is dripping off me.

Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gunny57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I do my SLDL, I do let the weight of the barbell pull down my shoulders, plus I "push" down with my lats. But rather than possibly lose form, I better stick with straight SLDLs and not try to be tricky and combining movements and do the shrugs separately. I like doing them better with dumbells, anyway...thanks for the replies - that why I asked.

campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500) campeao is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Can i change the rep scheme from 8-12 to 6-10?

It seems a better balance that way with power and hypertrophy

AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok guy's. I'm on cycle 6 or 7 (lost track of the number) and I have been progressing steady without too many repeats.

Current Stats
    Squats 225
    Bench 165
    BOR 130
    OHP 90
    SLDL 225
    Curls 85
    Calf Raises 225

As you can see, my OHP is one of my weakest lifts. I can curl damn near as much as my OHP! I do standing OHP. How can I improve on this lift? I am looking at adding something in that will target the traps as well as help improve my OHP. I like the look of big, bad ass traps. I think adding pull ups would be beneficial (wide grip for the back/traps) and also because they are fun. But I think shrugs will be even more so ideal as an addition.

Is adding both wide grip pull ups (more so for fun) and shrugs for traps too much?
    ***Canadian Crew***

cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cian93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm starting cycle 3 next week and planning on cutting to get from ~15% to under 10%. I've been using this for bulking so far but is this still a good routine for cutting too? And should I avoid increasing the weights this time since I won't be eating as much food?

adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Currently on C1W1. Things feel okay right now, considering I am coming back from being really sick. I read that all pro recommended no more than two 30 minute sessions of cardio per week. My goal is to put on size and strength (currently 165 lbs, want to get back to at least 180), but I also enjoy running and want to incorporate some cardio for the sake of my heart as well. I am going to start with one session per week and then add a second after my first cycle. So my schedule hopefully will look something like this:

Sun - rest
    Mon - rest
    Tues - Heavy Day
    Wed - 20-30 mins of cardio (adding in cycle 2)
    Thurs - Medium Day
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - Light Day + 20-30 mins of cardio after

*Foam rolling before every workout and stretching everyday as well.

Does anyone with experience on this program think this looks okay? I am still allowing 2 days rest before my heavy day so hopefully this won't be a problem.

With regards to my calories, I lost a lot of weight while sick and am slowly trying to raise my calories back up. I am currently at about 2800 calories per day and gained 0.4 lbs the last week. If I add cardio how much should I increase my calories by? Assuming I burn around 350 calories per cardio session, that would be 700 extra calories per week if I do two sessions. Could I just add 100 calories to my daily total to make up that 700? Thanks and hopefully this made sense.

thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    C1 test day this Sat

How crazy would I be to take a yoga class I started last week a few hours after the big lift day? I'm assuming it's going to have no affect to my progress but am I unduly torturing myself?

AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgPilot will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by adambannon View Post

Does anyone with experience on this program think this looks okay? I am still allowing 2 days rest before my heavy day so hopefully this won't be a problem.
    I'm on cycle 6 or 7 and training for a 10k run and my lifts have no been hindered too much. My sched is as follows:

Mon - Heavy
    Tues - Core/Abs + Distance Run
    Wednesday - Med
    Thursday - Core/Abs + 5k for speed
    Friday - Light
    Sat/Sun - Off

My Core/Ab Day's consist of the following:
    Captain Chair Leg Raises 10X3
    Declined Situps 25x3
    Lateral Scissor Kicks 25x3
    Oblique Twists with Medicine Ball 25X3
    Plank 30sec X 3
    Run

My Distance runs started at 5k, and I add 0.2 miles each week. My Pace Day runs on Thursday are increasingly faster each week at a consistent pace, while maintaining 5k. Once I do my 10k run, I will drop back down to (2) 5k runs per week.
    ***Canadian Crew***

Originally Posted by thcalan View Post
    C1 test day this Sat

How crazy would I be to take a yoga class I started last week a few hours after the big lift day? I'm assuming it's going to have no affect to my progress but am I unduly torturing myself?
    If you want to continue with this program, you REQUIRE two rest days before Heavy Day. Heavy day is as described.....damn heavy. You will not be able to achieve you lifts down the road if you do not have adequate sleep and rest, particularly before Heavy day.
    ***Canadian Crew***

Tough to stay motivated today for "medium" day - here I am, doing my 90% 1RM SLDL's at 95# - and the guy next to me is doing 405# (8 plates) deadlifts..I just tell myself, "That's me in a couple years...."

Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mysterion27 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Quick question guys , Are you guys going to failure on both work sets?? I usually only push to failure on the last set but iam wondering if i should be pushing to failure on both working sets ??

adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AgPilot View Post
    I'm on cycle 6 or 7 and training for a 10k run and my lifts have no been hindered too much. My sched is as follows:

Mon - Heavy
    Tues - Core/Abs + Distance Run
    Wednesday - Med
    Thursday - Core/Abs + 5k for speed
    Friday - Light
    Sat/Sun - Off

My Core/Ab Day's consist of the following:
    Captain Chair Leg Raises 10X3
    Declined Situps 25x3
    Lateral Scissor Kicks 25x3
    Oblique Twists with Medicine Ball 25X3
    Plank 30sec X 3
    Run

My Distance runs started at 5k, and I add 0.2 miles each week. My Pace Day runs on Thursday are increasingly faster each week at a consistent pace, while maintaining 5k. Once I do my 10k run, I will drop back down to (2) 5k runs per week.
    Thanks!

Closed Thread