Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Got Ketones??

xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000)
    52 sprints and 1 elliptical session later, I'm whooped. The elliptical session was 2 minutes off, 1 minute on HIIT. 15 minutes total, resistance set for 5 on the off, 12 on the on, so 4 extra 'sprints.'

Lets see how many carbs I can get down today.
    "I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." -Ken Venturi

xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Quick update, my carb up is over.

I don't have a complete count but here is the best I have...

Friday

2850 cals, 66g protein, 603g CHO, and 8g fat

*does not include a bowl of sgetti or the large donut I had or the 2 oz teriyaki dipping sauce. Also does not include the home made chicken tenders we had because my protein was so low.*

Saturday

2350 cals, 78.5g protein, 402g CHO, 23g fat

*does not include home made chicken tenders or honey for dipping. Also does not include starbucks coffee I had*

Sunday

2350 cals, 78.5g protein, 402g CHO, 23g fat

*does not include 2 protein powder servings, or quart of chocolate milk*

Today I had some more carbs in the forms of flour tortillas, rice, and beans and one coffee with the sugar creamer. My body is done with carbs. Wants nothing else to do with them. Not sure what my macros are today but I'll for sure be in a massive deficit, that much I do know, lost the desire to eat. I'll be staying low carb or even keto for the rest of this week and next week while I take a break from everything.

Some pictures...

Angel food cake with banana cool whip

Apparently this is an apple fritter. $1.37 for one, and I only ate one.

Chicken tenders they make from scratch, lots of protein!

Sgetti
    "I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." -Ken Venturi

raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Woah Epic carb up man!

52 sprints! How long was each one?

SaharMar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    heyy xJellyBirdx,
    my coach just put me on a very high fat diet! I'm on around 98g of fats, 70g carbs and 120g protein!
    just wondering, do you could your fish oils and CLA as fats?!
    cheers
    Follow me on my 7 week journey to NABBA, INBA and ANB where I am competing as a bikini fitness model!

IG: @sahar_fit
    Youtube: youtube.com/saharavasti6/
    Blog: saharcleanfithealthy.tumblr.com
    Facebook: facebook.com/saharnutritionandfitness
    Twitter: @SaharFitness

I'm back from vacation!!

My 2 week hiatus was a nice break. Haven't tracked calories the last two weeks, been eating kind of liberal and free and avoided the gym. Coming back to keto tomorrow, seriously this time, and I'm back in the gym tomorrow. Going to start out light this week, and then it is back to my old routine. Not looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow, I know it is going to be bad.

On another note, I went to Tennessee with the significant other for vacation and had a complete blast. I'm definitely going to flea Michigan in the next couple of years to go live in Tennessee. Time to get back on the grind, and get my chit together.

Originally Posted by raskolAU View Post
    Woah Epic carb up man!

52 sprints! How long was each one?
    ~400m if my math is right, which could be questionable

Originally Posted by SaharMar View Post
    heyy xJellyBirdx,
    my coach just put me on a very high fat diet! I'm on around 98g of fats, 70g carbs and 120g protein!
    just wondering, do you could your fish oils and CLA as fats?!
    cheers
    Hey Sahar, best of luck on your new diet for your upcoming events! I'm not sure about your question. They are both fat essentially so I'd count them as fat but I wouldn't go to the trouble to try and count them in your macros unless you were feeling ambitious. Does that answer your question?

sleep- work- lift- bacon resilience5241's Avatar
    resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by xJellyBirdx View Post
    I'm back from vacation!!

My 2 week hiatus was a nice break. Haven't tracked calories the last two weeks, been eating kind of liberal and free and avoided the gym. Coming back to keto tomorrow, seriously this time, and I'm back in the gym tomorrow. Going to start out light this week, and then it is back to my old routine. Not looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow, I know it is going to be bad.

On another note, I went to Tennessee with the significant other for vacation and had a complete blast. I'm definitely going to flea Michigan in the next couple of years to go live in Tennessee. Time to get back on the grind, and get my chit together.
    Welcome back! I'm ready to get the old accountability crew going. Plus, the keto power couple has to come to fruition.
    If it is important to you, you will find a way.
    If it's not, you will find an excuse.

STRONGMAN TRAINING/KETO LOG:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158537933

IG: willflex4cookies

TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Welcome back, man! Sounds like your vacation was especially liberating. I hope all is well!

Don't even worry about the tomorrow. No regrets, no remorse. Two weeks of vacation? Man, that's just life. Don't sweat any gains/losses that have happened over the break.
    Ubermensch: TypeNirvash's Journey To Physical and Mental Fortitude
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177236131

Originally Posted by resilience5241 View Post
    Welcome back! I'm ready to get the old accountability crew going. Plus, the keto power couple has to come to fruition.
    I'm liking the sounds of that, rex

Originally Posted by TypeNirvash View Post
    Welcome back, man! Sounds like your vacation was especially liberating. I hope all is well!

Don't even worry about the tomorrow. No regrets, no remorse. Two weeks of vacation? Man, that's just life. Don't sweat any gains/losses that have happened over the break.
    I have no bad feelings, man, it was nice to take a break. I just hope what ever was causing my lack of success to be dealt with.

I have started taking cissus again, I'm hoping that can help me from feeling so old . I also picked up ashwagandha from the store yesterday. One of the guys at the gym recommended it for people who burnt out their adrenal glands. Like cissus, it is an Ayurvedic medicine that is suppose to calm the nerves and manage stress, which in turn is suppose to give you more energy. I've read a lot of good things about it so I'm going to give it a try seeing how I feel like I'm a good candidate.

resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I have started taking cissus again, I'm hoping that can help me from feeling so old . I also picked up ashwagandha from the store yesterday. One of the guys at the gym recommended it for people who burnt out their adrenal glands. Like cissus, it is an Ayurvedic medicine that is suppose to calm the nerves and manage stress, which in turn is suppose to give you more energy. I've read a lot of good things about it so I'm going to give it a try seeing how I feel like I'm a good candidate.
    If the ashwagandha doesn't work, I know of a great stress relief.

If the ashwagandha doesn't work, I know of a great stress relief.
    I'll take all the help I can get

TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm liking the sounds of that, rex

I have no bad feelings, man, it was nice to take a break. I just hope what ever was causing my lack of success to be dealt with.

Do you notice a benefit when taking cissus? As in, do you feel noticeably more energetic?
    Ubermensch: TypeNirvash's Journey To Physical and Mental Fortitude
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177236131

Originally Posted by TypeNirvash View Post
    Do you notice a benefit when taking cissus? As in, do you feel noticeably more energetic?
    Cissus isn't about energy, it is about healthy joints, tissues, and anti-inflammation. $20 for 100g of the stuff isn't bad, and I feel it helps. It isn't instant and I feel its one of those things you need to take it frequently to get the most out of it. A lot of people swear by it.

noxx04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great idea, good luck

I know I haven't been actively updating my log like I should be, but I have been around on the forum here and there still. I was still in a rough period there for a bit. I did my workout routine that first week back and my chest was still f-ed up. I struggled eating my food too, just didn't seem like all that, and ended up eating carbs the following weekend. Needless to say I've spent some time 'lost' and not sure what I was going to do but I finally decided. I'm sticking to keto and have been thoroughly enjoying my food lately. I switched to intermittent fasting last Monday. I drink some coffee throughout the day and then eat all my food after work and the gym. I've been making steak, and burgers, fried cheese and veggies, and loving it. I've been landing between 3200-3800 calories a day, protein has been riding around 180g, and my carb intake has been <30g. The last few times I checked my weight I've been 231-232 lbs, and I weighed in Tuesday night at 233 lbs(!). Last night I weighed in at 225 lbs.

As for my chest injury thingy, I've switched up to strength training and I largely avoid my chest in hopes it will recover faster. It is my shoulders still, winged scapula. The interesting thing is my chest doesn't hurt when I pull my shoulders back. So now I find myself pulling them back and holding them in a more natural position throughout the day and it has made a big difference. It feels so frickin' good on my chest and my shoulders look a little broader when I do. My range of motion has improved as well, it is amazing!

As for the strength training, my main focus is chin-ups/pull-ups for back, overhead press for shoulders (and chest since it doesn't strain my chest), deadlifts as these are a new love for me. I add in kneeling cable lifts for my core and erector spinae, and then I have a free lift of my choice for the fifth exercise. I'm just unsure if I want to lift 3 days in the gym with deloads or 2 days since you don't have to deload. Lately I've been really busy and there is a strong demand for my attention to be on other things. Plus, I kind of lost the motivation to be in the gym as much as I use to so those are factors as well currently.

I'm going to try and add my motivational song for the week and maybe the food I'm eating as well. Anyways, I'll be back for good on Monday. Just wanted to share my struggles and give an update.

I feel some real gainzz coming to this log!

Now that you've had some regrouping/reflection time I have nothing but faith you'll be killin' the rest of this year. In the gym and out!

I feel some real gainzz coming to this log!

Now that you've had some regrouping/reflection time I have nothing but faith you'll be killin' the rest of this year. In the gym and out!
    Hopefully!!

9/8 Monday

Intake

3312 calories, 161g protein, 17g CHO, 278g fat. Also had some chicken wings from hooters at work. No hair, don't care.

Workout

Overhead press: 10xbar, 5x105, 5x125, 5x135, 5x140, 5x140
    DL: 10x225, 5x255, 5x285, 5x315, 5x320, 5x320
    Chin-ups (BW): 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
    Kneeling cable lift: 10x72, 10x72, 10x72
    Hammer curls: 5x45, 5x45, 5x45

I'm lovin' keto!!! Tonight I made a BOMB salad to go with my burger. Salad has parmesan, bacon, fried garlic, flax seed, onion, hemp oil, olive oil, mayo, bacon grease, burger grease, coconut oil, and vinegar. So delicious!

Motivational song of the week

^That chit gets me in the mood to lift, no joke.

Also, tomorrow I'm going to share my recipe for my 'k-chocolate' and my 'bulletproof mocha.'

Good thing no one was waiting eagerly for the recipe. Turns out I'm out of the things I need to do this, so tomorrow.

9/9 Tuesday

Intake

3552 calories, 173g protein, 18g CHO, 298g fat

Workout

No gym tonight

KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000) KaylaElizabeth is just really nice. (+1000)
    Imma be the late on over here and say that looks awesome!
    Competing this August with the NPC.

Current Lifts on this cut.. BW approx 125
    Squat: 215lbx1
    Bench: 125lbx1
    DeadLift:215lbx1

I like food. I like coffee.

Finally got the recipes up. Strongly suggest checking them out.

K-chocolate

bulletproof Mocha

Finally got the recipes up. Strongly suggest checking them out.

K-chocolate

bulletproof Mocha
    Can't wait to test out all the applications this weekend.

AHHHHHH!!! I've been so busy lately and that isn't an excuse lol. Seems pointless to update my log when I only lift twice a week. I worked out last Saturday with Rex so I should probably finally give this an update.

Workout

Overhead press: 10x95, 5x115, 5x125, 5x135, 5x145, 5x145
    DL: 10x135, 5x255, 5x275, 5x315, 5x325, 5x325
    Chin-ups (BW): 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
    Kneeling cable lift: 10x72, 10x72, 10x72
    Face pulls: 28s x 72, 21s x 84, 14 x 96

I would post calories but with IFing, I've relaxed a lot of counting and just eating variety from day-to-day and just eating until I'm full without going crazy so it is what it is. Last time I weighed myself I was at 224 so I'm still doing pretty good. Not 220ish like I would prefer to be hovering at but who knows. Next time I get in the gym I'm hoping that my weight has changed. I was going to go today but I've had this pinch nerve in my right shoulder/trap that has been a huge pain in the arse so I skipped it.

I ended up talking myself into hitting the gym last night. I haven't been sleeping good and just wanted to take a nap but a shot of espresso was all I need to find the energy to go.

Workout

DL: 10x135, 5x255, 5x275, 5x315, 5x330, 5x330
    Overhead press: 10x95, 5x115, 5x125, 5x135, 5x150, 5x150
    Chin-ups (BW): 6, 6, 6, 6, 6
    Kneeling cable lift: 10x84, 10x84, 10x84
    Hammer curls: 5x50, 5x50, 5x50

Despite how my lifts went, I wasn't happy with them lol. Having issues with grip on DLs, a slight struggle with overhead press, and hammer curls. Ended up busting two calluses open in the gym last night which was no fun. Weight is holding at 225 which may not be all that bad after having sugar this weekend in some BBQ sauce and trying out a mocha from a few coffee shops. Also struggled to eat my food last night.

Intake

2994 cals, 144g protein, 11g CHO, 244g fat

Also struggled to eat my food last night.

Intake

2994 cals, 144g protein, 11g CHO, 244g fat