SenorFeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

General Cutting Diet Advice/Questions

Basically what I'm looking for is advice on how to organize a diet. I'm currently 6'5 hovering around 213-215 lbs and right around 10-12% bodyfat (estimate). I've made several attempts to get a specific diet going but I tend to fail in the organization part of it. I can figure out for myself the various foods and macros and such but its simply the execution that sucks. Just got a few questions i'll toss down below. (goal is to drop 3% bodyfat btw)

How do you prepare your meals for the day? (the night before? all at once for the entire week?)

How strict are you on the timing of your meals?

What methods do you use to keep yourself motivated?

I dont plan on using any supplements (besides protein powder of course) until I can prove to myself I can stick with a steady diet. But when I do are there any certain items that could aid in the cutting process? (i've tried various preworkout/post and basically found it to be a waste of money because my diet wasn't right).

*edited out the macro question... im a dumbass and didnt look at the macro sticky with tons of advice*

Registered User knowledgeEpower's Avatar
    knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000) knowledgeEpower is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SenorFeo View Post
    How do you prepare your meals for the day? (the night before? all at once for the entire week?)
    I have staples, rarely prepare though. For example throwing a pound of FFGY with sucralose in the freezer for an hour or so, letting it harden up, while taken out some berries of the freezer in the same time period into the fridge to soften up, makes one hell of a filling/nutritious/protein food for a total of ~300 cals.
    How strict are you on the timing of your meals?
    Timing? Not really at all, I will say I do almost always eat something with 30g+ of protein pre- and post, but other than that not at all. I tend to eat 3-4 times a day. I also do IF, but only because it fits my schedule and whether it's in my head or not I am more disciplined if I stave off my first meal until later as once I start, I go and go. Plus I'm rarely hungry the first few hours I'm awake anyways.
    What methods do you use to keep yourself motivated?
    I always want to be bettering myself
    I dont plan on using any supplements (besides protein powder of course) until I can prove to myself I can stick with a steady diet. But when I do are there any certain items that could aid in the cutting process? (i've tried various preworkout/post and basically found it to be a waste of money because my diet wasn't right).
    Only creatine mono, which you can get a years supply for $20. No need for protein powder but if I were to rec one it would probably be Giant/Phase8 for their inexpensiveness/texture/thickness (helps feel fuller)/taste. You can get a preworkout if you feel it helps you lift more intensely, but a caffeine pills, which like creatine is dirt cheap may be all you need. Have heard TMG/betaine is pretty effective too, but have yet to take it myself. If you go low fat, a fish oil.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Basically what I'm looking for is advice on how to organize a diet. I'm currently 6'5 hovering around 213-215 lbs and right around 10-12% bodyfat (estimate). I've made several attempts to get a specific diet going but I tend to fail in the organization part of it. I can figure out for myself the various foods and macros and such but its simply the execution that sucks. Just got a few questions i'll toss down below. (goal is to drop 3% bodyfat btw)

How do you prepare your meals for the day? (the night before? all at once for the entire week?) i dont, i eat whats around and track it

How strict are you on the timing of your meals? not too strict however i like getting at least 3og of protein per meal around 4 hours apart if i can

What methods do you use to keep yourself motivated? seeing my body change and progress in the gym

*edited out the macro question... im a dumbass and didnt look at the macro sticky with tons of advice*
    bolded
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

SenorFeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the responses. It may not seem like much but it's really helping and atm any form of info is beneficial to me.