Closed Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43
Results 1,261 to 1,278 of 1278
    scott72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ideal carb up is after two weeks, start with high GI and end the day with low GI. Take it easy, dont overload on carbs for your first carb up.

nimrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Progress Halt.....

week 1 : 168lbs
    week 2 : 156lbs
    week 3 : 151lbs
    wk4 - wk6(now) : STILL 151lbs!!!!!!

I know we shld nt judge d progress base on scale measurements, but my definition(esp lower abs) has cum to a halt 2... so where shld i go fm here?? increase cardio? cut away carb load days?? eat lesser ??...etc

Timber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Timber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Progress Halt.....

Originally posted by nimrod
    week 1 : 168lbs
    week 2 : 156lbs
    week 3 : 151lbs
    wk4 - wk6(now) : STILL 151lbs!!!!!!

I know we shld nt judge d progress base on scale measurements, but my definition(esp lower abs) has cum to a halt 2... so where shld i go fm here?? increase cardio? cut away carb load days?? eat lesser ??...etc
    lower calories and add cardio would be my suggestion

or throw in a fat burner

Ripped2shreds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Progress Halt.....

Originally posted by Timber
    lower calories and add cardio would be my suggestion

or throw in a fat burner
    As has been stated many times, your body adapts to almost anything you throw at it in about the sort of timescale you are talking about. Both of the above suggestions are good. Also you could try a refeed and maybe do a 2 week clean bulk, then return to your keto. Keep the body guessing is the key. Change the variables around once a month, that is what i do. Peace

i m using Lipo 6 by Nutrex... PW AST V2 whey protein..

i m using Lipo 6 by Nutrex... PW AST V2 whey protein..
    It may be a cliche but the last few percentages of BF are a bitch to get off. I am at around 6% now and i would put it down to the keto + **** loads of cardio and boxing. Try droping your cals from your fat intake but keep your protein the same and up the cardio by a fair ammount. I am sure you are, but get in at least 1-1.5 gallons of pure water per day 2.

Originally posted by Ripped2shreds
    Try droping your cals from your fat intake but keep your protein the same and up the cardio by a fair ammount. I am sure you are, but get in at least 1-1.5 gallons of pure water per day 2.
    good idea.. will try cutting fat N increase protein + cardio + H2O!! thks!

good idea.. will try cutting fat N increase protein + cardio + H2O!! thks!
    yeah, that should get you out of your plateu. Peace.

Timber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Timber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It may be a cliche but the last few percentages of BF are a bitch to get off. I am at around 6% now and i would put it down to the keto + **** loads of cardio and boxing. Try droping your cals from your fat intake but keep your protein the same and up the cardio by a fair ammount. I am sure you are, but get in at least 1-1.5 gallons of pure water per day 2.
    Holy crap...if I were at 6% I would be the happiest guy on the planet lol
    Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

Wink

Originally posted by Timber
    BUMP!!!!

BUMP!!!!
    Guy's!
    If you stay disiplined and keep to your diets and do some serious cardio, you could both easily get to 6%. Well not easily but you could do it, it sounds like your both pretty lean, but the last bit is gunna take blood sweat and tears, but once its gone it is much easier to maintain. Stick with it and get to your goal ready for the summer! And watch those honeyz stare at your tight body! Peace.

Fozzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On an issue like this i'd consult my doctor first before taking advice from this forum. While I know there are some very intelligent and probably qualified people here to answer that question, they don't only know what you tell them, an actual doctor can give you an full physical analysis as to whether or not this diet will work well with your diabetes and other health related issues.

I know of diabetics on this diet that seem to do well, not to frustrate you, but their progress is a little slower than that of someone who isn't a diabetic only because of the insulin spikes and occasional glucagon shots they have to take.

The best of luck to you and I hope it works out!
    Over training? What's that mean?

Brego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brego has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't want to be in ketosis! I am afraid I may fall into it. With the following diet, am I in danger of going into ketosis?

Meal 1: Oatmeal and 1 scoop Whey protein
    Meal 2: Turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread, small salad w/ eggs, fruit
    Meal 3: Ham sandwich on whole wheat bread, handful of nuts
    Meal 4: Post workout - Protein shake, 40-60g of carbs
    Meal 5: Some type of meat, large salad, potato or some other side
    Meal 6: Cottage cheese, milk

With this diet, will I go into ketosis?

Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think.

dilly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by Brego
    I don't want to be in ketosis! I am afraid I may fall into it. With the following diet, am I in danger of going into ketosis?

Meal 1: Oatmeal and 1 scoop Whey protein
    Meal 2: Turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread, small salad w/ eggs, fruit
    Meal 3: Ham sandwich on whole wheat bread, handful of nuts
    Meal 4: Post workout - Protein shake, 40-60g of carbs
    Meal 5: Some type of meat, large salad, potato or some other side
    Meal 6: Cottage cheese, milk

With this diet, will I go into ketosis?
    Not a chance!
    " Never eat more then you can lift" - Miss piggy
    " If at first you don't succed, find out if the loser gets anything" - Bill Lyon

deftonezlife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what's wrong with being in ketosis?

marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    read like 8 pages and couldnt find any answers so just copy pasted this from another thread

Curious, Ive always been interested in keto type diets, and am thinking about starting next sunday but I want to get all my facts down.

I need to get about 70%Fat/30%protein for keto to work which is ok

Right now I weight 205 with about 19% BF I want to cut down a bit to get my body a bit more in proportion (I was 270 about a year ago but for about 4 months I was more or less starving myself which led to massive loss but alot of muscle)

My goal is to get about 10% BF by Summer but heres the biggest issue:

I have a broken wrist and I cant lift weights, so Im curious, I do cardio 6 days a week would that equate to the same general thing as weight lifting which would make this work for me?

And

I never want to stay on a Keto diet forever, however, I eat very healthy already and only eat 80 G of carbs a day so Im almost on the entering ketosis border line at the moment.

But my concern is, should I start a ketosis diet, would I be able to add calories back when I intend to bulk? I know its a slow process and I have alot of patience, but I hear alot about people gaining all their weight back after stopping a low carb diet however, If I add like 50 carbs a week back once I get to my target weight and eat healthy to maintain it would it work just as well?

Im good at planning meals and Like cooking so im not really worried about that, I just dont want to make the mistake most people make and enter a diet that may backfire if you dont know everything. (I read this entire thread just asked questions that no one really seemed to touch on)

Gonna go start planning meals and hoping for some positive answers
    Anyone got any advice?

I intend to start soon but Im just trying to learn right now