Closed Thread
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Meal 1:
    3 egg whites
    1 egg
    1/2 ham steak
    1 oz mozzarella
    45P 19F 8C

Meal 2:
    4oz chicken breast
    2 walnuts
    1 tblsp olive oil
    3 tblsp peanut butter
    2 celery pieces
    1"x1"x1" cube of gouda
    41P 35F 20C

Meal 3:
    1 tin of tuna
    2 tblsp mayonnaise
    small salad
    1 tblsp dressing
    35P 32F 8C

Meal 4:
    6oz burger meat
    small salad
    1 tblsp olive oil
    42P 35F 8C

Total: 163P 120F 44C

Good?

phillips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    videogameguy
    How many pounds have you lost? Also, just because you gain weight, it doesn't automatic mean you gained fat. I think muscle weights more than fat. I wish there was an easy less expensive way to check bodyfat. I have been doing this keto thing for a week and I lost 3lbs (From 259 to 256). I only been to the gym once last week working out my entire upper body. I haven't been watching my calories like I should though. I just tried to make sure that I ate protein and fat whenever I was hungry. Getting the numbers to add up has been difficult for me. I took an keto strip and it still indicates that I have a "trace" of ketones. I am wondering does this need to increase if I am going to be successful at this thing?

fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    OK. I was ready to give this keto thing a try this week, but I chickened out! My ONLY concern about it is the post workout shake. 30g of whey with 30g of carbs seems REALLY low to me. This week I decided to move to a 40/30/30 (p/c/f) plan and, with the exception of my post workout shake, I am only taking in 75g of carbs. I am at 155lbs right now. My question is, if I bump up my carbs on my post workout shake, can I still get to ketosis with 75g of carbs. I run a lot and am just worried that I won't have enough energy if I do the keto thing all out! PLEASE HELP!!!

videogameguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im pretty shure its fat ive gained because my stomach looks a lot fatter than usual im gonn abuy a bodyfatscale at the drugstore it was 40 bucks though

phillips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you talking about the kind that you step on like an ordinal weight scale? If so, the cheapest one I seen was $70-$100. I wonder how accurate it is. If I can get one for $40 bucks, thats cool. Explain it.

The more I think about it, losing 3lbs in one week doesn't sound accurate. Maybe I did something wrong or it could be water weight. Who knows. I need a bodyfat monitor bad.
    Last edited by phillips; 06-17-2002 at 11:00 AM.

dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you guys are going to by a tanita style body fat scale MAKE SURE you get one that has an athletic mode.

videogameguy, how many totally cals are you getting a day?
    Last edited by dtdionne; 06-17-2002 at 11:41 AM.

videogameguy, how many totally cals are you getting a day?

im not eating very much only like 1000 it seems very low but im not exercizing any because of my back really hurts

also i find this keto thing very hard i really want to eat sem bread or pasta it's driving me nuts i gotta have some carbs

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    videogameguy,if your craving carbs then you may be NOT eating enough fats.i found that my craving for carbs just ISN'T there any more (when it used to be constant). try snacking on some full-fat cheese,almonds,peanut butter,pepperoni or some high fat foods with meals (if they're not filling you up) or between meals if you find yourself getting hungry.the one thing i like about this diet is that you don't go hungry. if you are hungry then EAT,EAT,EAT. just stay away from the carbs. once you've depleted your carb stores you shouldn't crave carbs unless you're getting carbs from a source that you are unaware of at the moment. i rarely crave carbs now even when it's time to eat them. i think this is because once you eat sugar then use it up then you want more,so the cravings begin. also you may be dehydrated. next time you start craving carbs, try drinking 2 glasses of water and if the cravings AREN'T there any more then you may be a little dehydrated and you should INCREASE your water intake.if they are there then have a handful of almonds (for example) and see if that works. i'm NO EXPERT on this but these are a couple of things I'VE noticed on my 7 week keto journey.i've been hovering between 250lbs & 260lbs since i started this and losing fat slowly but I AM losing fat.hope this helps.Richie

when you run out of glycogen or whatever its called and you get ketones does saliva taste really funny then?

dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes videogameguy, your mouth could taste funny and your pee will probably stink too.

1000 cals is WAY WAY TO LOW for anyone no matter their weight, if that is true, you will freak out your body and metabo, have you run thru the keto setup instructions? and calculated what your daily protein, carbs and fat should be? you need to do that if you havent. Keto is a pretty serious thing and you really need to take it seriously cause it can have negative side effects.

DRINK TONS OF WATER!! I drink 2 gallons a day.

and here is a link to some quick pics i took today.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...threadid=38468

Good luck, you can do it!

damn man your body fat is so low man i got like a belly and no muscle and unfortunately i jstu went and ate a bunch of chinese food and some cherry pie man does it feel good but it's too sweet im gonna go serious on this keto now hope fully ill be lean and muscular some day

haaha, been there many times

chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question

Im finding on my meals my fat intake is too high, about 65 - 70%. Can anyone suggest any foods to bump up my protein, especially non-animal sources???

bdp121p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How is this for Keto

Supplements:
    1000mg Flax oil/day
    Multi Vitamin
    Vitamin C 1000mg

Eating Schedule:

5:30am
    Vit C
    Multi
    Flax Oil
    8:00am
    Egg beaters 2-4 with Salsa and cheese
    10:00am
    Whey(Optimum w/Milk) /Salad with Blue cheese, cheese, and pepperoni
    12:00pm
    Chicken and Veggies
    2:00pm
    Whey(Optimum w/Milk) /Slim Jim
    4:00pm
    Whey(Optimum w/Milk) /Slim Jim
    6:00pm
    Meat, Veggies, Salad with Blue Cheese
    8:00pm
    Whey(Optimum w/Milk)

I know that at least 44g of carbs are going to come from Milk. I weight 174lbs with 11% body fat. I would like to get down to 165 lbs and 5 % body fat. My workout schedule for this week is below:

Monday- Cardio/Lower ABS
    Tuesday- Cardio/Legs
    Wednesday- Cardio/BAck/TAN
    Thursday-TCardio/Chest/ABS
    Friday-Cardio/Shoulders/Calves
    Tan/Cardio/Bis/Tris
    Saturday-Rest
    Sunday-Start Cycle over Again

Any comments are welcome. I just started doing Keto today. Because I am tired of restricting calories and seeing no results over 4 weeks. I read all of the post and I truly believe this diet will work for me. I also am having my fiance try the diet and she is hypoglycemic. Since I am just starting I wanted to make sure I am going in the right direction.
    Last edited by bdp121p; 06-18-2002 at 08:02 AM.
    If you don't wake up in pain, how do you know you survived the night?
    -Brian-

fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000) fitforlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would get rid of some of those protien shakes and get more protien from foods. Whey protien shakes are great, but you need the bulk of your protien from foods, IMO!

keto is too hard and i find that it jsut made me flabby and irratable i think ill jsut go back to what i was doin before small balanced meals

daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Somebody PLEASE answer this:

I've noticed almost every keto resource on the net says 1.5 grams of fat for every gram of protein.

Is this true or can you eat more protein than fat and still achieve ketosis?

PLEASE DON'T SKIM OVER MY QUESTION.

chris, maybe some super low fat cheese???

princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good.

Remember all diets work, and the best one is one you can stay on.

HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the only pounds you gained was water dont worry
    1......2......3...... LIFT

daniel, i believe that as long as you keep your carbs down and get some good fat you will go into ketosis after 3-5 days.

flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I have been ketoing(is that a real word ) or atkins for 9 months. I have dropped around 50 pounds and 3 pant sizes. I have never felt better in my life. Keto for life!!!!

Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Daniel:

You can put your body into ketosis with a ratio of 2 grams protein for every gram of fat without any trouble(ie eat twice as many grams in protein as in fat), and is actually about the ratio you want.
    In fact you can do it at a greater ratio, 3 or more grams of protein per gram of fat. 2 to 2.5 grams protein per gram of fat is closer to what you want though.
    Caleb Donnelly

I wrote this.

-Teamwork is good,
    you can blame someone else

Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Videogameguy:

I have a feeling 1 of 4 things is happening with you.

1) The flabbier look might be in your head. Or could be the result of other factors. Such as having just shaved your abs(this will get rid of shadows on a softer abdominal section, and make you look fatter than with slight belly hair).

2) You may not have reached Ketosis yet, and not be drinking enough water. As a result your body could be retaining extra water.

3) You might be eating too many calories. Most people don`t have a problem with this on keto. Most people eat as much as they want, but that doesn`t mean you can eat 5,000 calories a day. If you`re not counting cals, try that till you get an idea of how much food you can eat and still lose weight. Then if you want you can just ball park it.

4) You may be eating too many carbs. If you don`t limit your carbs YOU WILL GET FAT.

The diet might not work for you. But it works for more people than anyother diet, and I would not like to see someone give up so quickly. And after reading your replies I believe your problem lies in either senario 3 or 4. Thus I would advise you to write down everything you eat recording the Calories, Fat, Carbs, Fiber, and Protein. This will let you know why the diet isn`t working for you.
    Caleb Donnelly

I wrote this.

-Teamwork is good,

Yah I write down every meal.

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    videogameguy, back up the page a bit you mention you had chinese and cherry pie. if you keep snacking on things like this then you are not on a keto diet unless you are on a carb-up (re-feed) one mistake i made the first time was eating LOW-FAT foods as well.BIG MISTAKE.on a keto diet you shouldn't eat anything low fat as they usually contain hidden carbs and they DO mount up.for a few days just eat bacon, WHOLE eggs,FULL-FAT cheese,steak and hamburger patties. add some fibrous green veges (broccolli for example) with your meat and 3 or 4 spoons of olive oil or flaxseed oil throughout the day. if you hungry between meals then have a couple of whole eggs,cheese and a spoon of natural peanut butter.NO chinese,NO cherry pies. then give it time. if you don't notice anything for a few days then wait a little longer. also Caleb was right. drink A LOT of water. this keeps me full and my appetite is huge on a usual carb diet.Richie

oh i kinda left the keto thing and went to eating pb&j and fruit and cili's befaloe wings hehe il consider this a 4day early carb load and try keto again but i dont ahve a lot of that stuff and i have never eaten eggs before they small awful wait never mind there's a lot of steak in my house lol and chicken and peanut butter i just didnt liek keto though i was starved and felt like i was getting fat since i havent been exercizing are there any better ways to lose my gut fast?

postalcatfish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

body odor?

I heard that ketosis makes you smell bad (body odor). Has anyone had this experience?

Videogameguy:

You don`t sound like you`re ready to lose your gut yet. you can`t be helped untill you`re willing to put some effort into it.

I`d rather you not try keto, you simply don`t sound like you`ll follow it. As a result you will not lose weight, and then you`ll just run around telling everyone that keto sucks because it didn`t work for you.
    Caleb Donnelly

I wrote this.

-Teamwork is good,

HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    chinese + pie = no ketosis
    1......2......3...... LIFT