jjay024 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Some days I just want to throw the towel in :(

Hey guys,
    I'm sure everyone has felt this every once in a while before, some days I just want to quite/give up. Sure enough I will kick my ass to the gym tomorrow at 7am (arms) and fingers crossed I will get my buzz back. However sometimes I look at my self and think what the hell are you doing? I don't see much change except for energy levels feeling exhausted by mid week.

Dose anyone else get this same feeling? How do you deal with it?

I weight train 5 days a week 7am and try and do cardio about 4 times in the evening mainly on the cross trainer.
    Recently I started running again but quickly I was reminded by my ankle why I stopped

On the other hand my eating habits have improved dramatically!
    About 18 months ago I hardly ate and if I had a meal/dinner then I wouldn't eat for a day or two after, then I went the opposite over eating and binge eating every other day. Now I am eating 5/6 small meals a day and actually eating carbs!!!

I guess sometimes you can't have it all and I should be happy that I have my diet under control rather than seeing physical changes with my body.

KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KDelRio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What keeps me going is truly loving myself/my body. There's nothing more important than health. I think where people go wrong is they do it just for physical reasons, and not also because they truly care about eating a healthy diet and exercise because it is what their body needs, it is what everybody needs. And I think a lot of physical and mental issues could be avoided if people lived this way. I would never want to look back on my life and wish I would've taken care of myself better. This is a long-term commitment to yourself. Hope that gives you a little insight don't overtrain, the physical look you're going for will come in time, it's a process, be patient and enjoy the process. If you're feeling that exhausted, id cut back on the cardio (I only do it once a week)
    Everything you've ever wanted, is on the other side of fear.

PR:
    Squat 205
    Bench 130
    Deadlift 245

AnnieRhi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnnieRhi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnnieRhi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnnieRhi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnnieRhi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnnieRhi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnnieRhi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnnieRhi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnnieRhi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnnieRhi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnnieRhi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by KDelRio View Post
    What keeps me going is truly loving myself/my body. There's nothing more important than health. I think where people go wrong is they do it just for physical reasons, and not also because they truly care about eating a healthy diet and exercise because it is what their body needs, it is what everybody needs. And I think a lot of physical and mental issues could be avoided if people lived this way. I would never want to look back on my life and wish I would've taken care of myself better. This is a long-term commitment to yourself. Hope that gives you a little insight
    Completely agree with that part, at least for me. When I choose to focus on my lifts going up, my new-found endurance for epic hikes, and how what I'm eating fuels my body to go out and be awesome, I'm a much happier person. When I personally focus on appearance in relation to my training, I just never feel good enough. When I think about my progress and how kick-butt my body is to do all these amazing things, it's much easier to feel proud of myself and to keep going.

Just a girl lost in bama Tannerus4's Avatar
    Tannerus4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tannerus4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tannerus4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tannerus4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tannerus4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tannerus4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tannerus4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tannerus4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tannerus4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tannerus4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tannerus4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jjay024 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm sure everyone has felt this every once in a while before, some days I just want to quite/give up. Sure enough I will kick my ass to the gym tomorrow at 7am (arms) and fingers crossed I will get my buzz back. However sometimes I look at my self and think what the hell are you doing? I don't see much change except for energy levels feeling exhausted by mid week.

I weight train 5 days a week 7am and try and do cardio about 4 times in the evening mainly on the cross trainer.
    Recently I started running again but quickly I was reminded by my ankle why I stopped

About 18 months ago I hardly ate and if I had a meal/dinner then I wouldn't eat for a day or two after, then I went the opposite over eating and binge eating every other day. Now I am eating 5/6 small meals a day and actually eating carbs!!!

I guess sometimes you can't have it all and I should be happy that I have my diet under control rather than seeing physical changes with my body.
    I get the same way regularly...always hoping to see more of a change and I get easily discouraged way too often. the food isn't always what I want to eat the work is hard...blah blah..(I feel whiny here but it's what I think on an almost daily basis). I want to make good choices most days, others I just don't care and don't want to care!
    my attendance is unpredictable.

poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would think everyone gets days like these, we're only human

How I overcome this is by using it as challenge and kick my arse in my next workout session
    Twitter: @NorthernLassFit

Instagram: InkandIron666

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/SweatShedPhysique

KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey guys,

The thing that keeps me going is the physical feeling of getting stronger. Feeling myself actually getting stronger is my biggest motivator. Being able to pick up a weight that I hadn't been able to pick up before is a great feeling. Doing that extra box jump. Pullups are really my favorite as I have NEVER been able to do them before. It just makes feel good overall and I dont want to lose that feeling of strength, so I keep going even when my motivation is lacking. Hope this helps
    "You know you're a tomboy when you tell stories about previous injuries and have people wanting to throw up"

Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: KatyFlex

Supps I use:
    Pride Nutrition
    C-Gone - Carb utilization formula
    Control - Helps control appetite
    Dialed-IN - Thermogenic and natural fat burner

Sponsored by:
    Ripple Swimwear

Nationally Qualified Bikini Athlete and Fitness Model
    2013 Midwest Ironman - Bikini Class B - 1st Place

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't know this feel, never was in it only because I wanted to quickly get to some specific goal, I legit love lifting, it's one of the things I have a lot of fun doing. Some of you guys need to ask yourself if you would still lift if it was an activity that did not result in physical changes or strength gains. If you answer No then you may be doing it for the wrong reasons. The physical changes are just a bonus IMO. As for being exhausted you know it's ok to take a day off and take a nap or something, srs, some of you people act like the world is going to explode if you take a day off. Lift on OP, lift on.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't see much change except for energy levels feeling exhausted by mid week.
    If you're feeling exhausted I would advise taking a closer look at your nutrition. You say you have your diet under control, but your statement in itself tells a different story.

Something is off balance and it's a matter of finding it and fixing it.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    If you're feeling exhausted I would advise taking a closer look at your nutrition. You say you have your diet under control, but your statement in itself tells a different story.

Something is off balance and it's a matter of finding it and fixing it.
    5'4 and 119... that may be an issue as well, i dont know what the goal is.. but being at the low end of the weight scale and doing that much work may be an issue. If it were me, i would do a deload.. take a break and recharge the batteries.

You have to listen to your body, if it is saying you are tired unmotivated, dont want to train... something is off somewhere.

And im with hobbes. Lifting is just fun. I like to pick up heavy things and put them down. I also do other things that have nothing to do with physical changes.. i just find them fun. Just learned a new drop on the silks... been working on a few pole moves... just being able to do something i couldnt or didnt know how to do a few days ago is the best feeling.

Also, dont do the same ole thing every day....dont be in a rut. make it fun.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would hate it too if I was in the gym 5 times a week PLUS doing cardio 4 times per week. Why on earth would you put yourself through that?

At your stats, all you need is a consistent lifting program with maybe some brief (10-15 min) cardio 2-3 times per week after lifting (not for fat loss but for general fitness).

You should probably look at a more efficient and less taxing lifting routine. Don't know why you'd lift 5 days per week, but a push/pull split or upper/lower might suit you better.
    A session in the gym shouldn't take more than an hour.

Take a close look at your diet. If you aren't eating enough, you're literally driving with one foot on the gas (heavy lifting) and one on the brake (inadequate diet).
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I kinda apply the fast/cheap/good pyramid to life.
    Pick two, you can't have three.
    If its fast and cheap, its not good
    If its cheap and good, its not fast.
    If its good and fast, its not cheap.

You'll come out of it, do something nice for yourself not gym-related.
    For my business, I always treat myself with something nice for every month or so that I am successful, its something I learned in college. I choose something tangible that I can keep, usually a piece of cheap silver jewelry, but I always remember that I am rewarding myself for an accomplishment! Hugs

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Don't know this feel, never was in it only because I wanted to quickly get to some specific goal, I legit love lifting, it's one of the things I have a lot of fun doing. Some of you guys need to ask yourself if you would still lift if it was an activity that did not result in physical changes or strength gains. If you answer No then you may be doing it for the wrong reasons. The physical changes are just a bonus IMO. As for being exhausted you know it's ok to take a day off and take a nap or something, srs, some of you people act like the world is going to explode if you take a day off. Lift on OP, lift on.
    Wise Ham is wise. If lifting weights is an unpleasant chore or boring grind to you, find another hobby/way to stay physically fit. Or take a break from it. I lost my gym mojo for awhile last fall due to some other life stressors and I hardly lifted for a few months. In fact, I don't think I stepped foot in the gym the entire month of October. Did I lose some of mah gainzzzzzz? Yeah. Big whoop. Now I'm back to looking forward to lifting and having a blast in the gym and mah gainzzzzzz are catching back up. But if your mojo never comes back, that's okay too. Contrary to what we may imply around here, not everyone has to deadlift to live a happy and fulfilled life
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Tijana33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tijana33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tijana33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tijana33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tijana33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tijana33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tijana33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tijana33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tijana33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tijana33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The one thing that gets to me is getting enough protein in, sometimes I just want to eat something and then I think Oh wait, there's not enough protein in that so I have something else.

mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    When that happens, I allow myself 1 cheat meal and I hit legs harder the next day. Then I try different training techniques (drop sets, circuits, supersets)... I research new exercises I could try and I find a kickass workout playlist and I go hit the gym harder than ever.
    www.mydreamshape.com (Tips and Tools to get you into Bikini Model Shape)

jjay024 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love lifting, I may not have the physic that I have always dreamed of.... Yet, but the strength I have now is amazing and it has proven a positive in the activitys I do at college like rock climbing and kayaking ( I was the only one who could self recuse my self getting back in my kayak first time in my class) and I put that down to what I do in the gym. My days are split
    Mon- chest & abs
    Tuse- back
    Wed- shoulders
    Thursday - legs and glutes
    Friday - arms
    Usually I have the weekend off or I do light cardio like trekking with the boyfriend.

I guess I worder if I'm going it right, I don't have friends or support and have only leart from what I have resourced or book I have brought I would love for guidance and coaching but being a student and just affording my gym membership I can't.

I have learnt to back off the cardio now, as that was all I use to do I guess it changing the mind set. The fact I can go out and run at the moment is an issue as it is something I could when ever I felt like.

I do feel better now, and knowing I'm not the only one who has the odd day like this reminds me that I'm not alone.

I love the gym and I love to lift weights I wouldn't have it any other way.

I love how I eat and what I eat.

Lifting is my relese, it's my time where I can focuse on me forget about all the hard times I have had to go through the past couple of years and finally give my self some me attention.