Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hope your wife is feeling better - and that you don't catch it! In our family, we've had three distinct rounds of different stomach bugs in the last 6 weeks - and I've gone unscathed each time! My hubs hasn't been sick in years and he has gotten it with the kids all three times! Nasty stuff going around.

Great idea re: crockpot! That option never even crossed my mind - my crockpot is more aptly called the stew pot b/c I actually don't think I've ever used it for anything but.

Great journal to read - very detailed and love the tips. Thanks!

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ChuckLabrada View Post
    I can vouch first hand that SoccerDad5 eats the way he preaches.

Had the pleasure of Chad stopping by the office to have lunch with the Labrada team today.

He's kicking it up a gear. Everyone in the Masters class better WATCH OUT!!!
    Kicking it up a gear, go Chad. I know you will do great and i'm in here for support as well as learning on your journey.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ TWINLAB FUEL TEAM MILITIA member 2014 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Everything so organized Chad
    glad your doing great
    keep doing it big

soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks Debi. You messages sure have been encouraging on BodySpace. I really appreciate it. She is feeling better today. She does workout and she has been very consistent this year even though her schedule is a lot busier than mine with the 5 kids. She was a personal trainer in her past life. I don't talk about how great my wife is enough. She has supported me through this whole thing and sometimes it is not easy. She has had to put things on the backburner for some of the stuff I have had to do through this journey. She is awesome and love her!

On the crockpot I usually throw in chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken. You could do it either way.
    Originally Posted by DebiLynn View Post
    Sorry to hear that your wife is sick. Hope she feels better soon. Wow, 5 kids, I'm sure that keeps the two of you busy. It's amazing that you're able to be as dedicated as you are. You're lucky that your wife supports you in this, does she also workout? Thanks for sharing so much about your life with everyone.

I like the idea of throwing a whole chicken into the crock pot. I never would have thought of it. We always put ours into our rotisserie. We inject it with a marinade for flavor and like the taste but, for something different, I'm willing to try it.
    She is doing better. I have really started to love the crockpot. Better tasting chicken.
    Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    Hope your wife is feeling better - and that you don't catch it! In our family, we've had three distinct rounds of different stomach bugs in the last 6 weeks - and I've gone unscathed each time! My hubs hasn't been sick in years and he has gotten it with the kids all three times! Nasty stuff going around.

Great idea re: crockpot! That option never even crossed my mind - my crockpot is more aptly called the stew pot b/c I actually don't think I've ever used it for anything but.

Great journal to read - very detailed and love the tips. Thanks!

CC
    Just trying to get better every day and every show.

Originally Posted by markasparks View Post
    Kicking it up a gear, go Chad. I know you will do great and i'm in here for support as well as learning on your journey.
    It has to be with my crazy life with 5 kids. I appreciate the encouragement, Labrada bro.

Originally Posted by fast00 View Post
    Everything so organized Chad
    glad your doing great
    keep doing it big
    Bodybuilding Is The Closest Thing We Have To The Fountain Of Youth. Lee Labrada

soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    [b]3/27/14—43 Days Out from Contest & Legs are sore /[b]

Cardio day today but wow are my legs ever sore. Hamstrings are super sore. Really hit legs hard yesterday and I am feeling it today. Only got about 5 hours of sleep last night. I need to get a lot more sleep to recover and have better workouts. Diet was right on today.

I do try to drink at least 1 gallon of water a day. I am usually at 1.5 gallons. Will be increasing water consumption to 2 gallons 4 weeks out. Here is what my refrigerator outside looks like after a cooking day. Pretty much packed for the week. When I am in town I put these in containers. When I am on the road I put the food in quart size bags.

Did fasted cardio today. I usually have a Power carb/ Protein shake before I do cardio but tried fasted cardio. I don’t know if I am sold on fasted cardio. I probably won’t do this the rest of the way.
    Workout today:

45 minutes of LISS on stationary bike
    20 minutes of Abs (3 sets 5 exercises)

DIET

Before workout

2 Labrada HICA MAX Tablets
    1 quart of water
    6 Labrada Sorenzyme pills on empty stomach (I have been taking another brand for a year but switched once I found out Labrada had these. Labrada is way ahead on stuff. .The only thing I have changed is this so I really believe it is working.)
    Right after workout
    1 quart of water
    1 scoop of Labrada ProV 60 Protein
    1 scoop of Labrada Power Carb
    5 g of creatine
    Meal 1 (after workout)
    1 Cup Pasteurized Egg Whites
    Supplements after meal 1
    2,000 mg Vitamin C, Multi-Vitamins, Vitamin D 4,000 IU (am going to increase this), Glucosamine Chondroiton, Zinc, and 2,000 mg Omega 3 Fish Oil
    Meal 2
    5oz Chicken
    ¾ cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans
    1.5 tbsp of almond butter

Meal 3
    5oz Ground turkey in taco seasoning
    ¾ cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans

Meal 4
    5oz Chicken
    ¾ cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans

[b]Meal 5[b]
    5 oz chicken
    6 oz of potatoes

Meal 6
    1 cup of Almond Milk
    1.5 scoops of Labrada ProV 60 Protein
    1/2 cup of oatmeal

Approximate Calories: 2,806
    Carbs: 262 g
    Protein: 286 g
    Fats: 58 g

My calories are less on cardio days. I am only doing 2 cardio days right now. Hope to not have to increase that too much. I shaved this morning and tanned tonight. I am right on schedule. It will be interesting to see what I weigh at the end of the week.

TIP OF THE DAY: Make sure you drink lots of water. Water is the most powerful "fatburner" on the planet. I make sure I drink at least 1 gallon a day. I have also workout very early in the morning and ever since I have been drinking 1 quart of water before I workout, I have not gotten injured. Is that a coincidence? I really don’t think so. Water helps to hydrate the muscles.

hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the "tip of the day" is awesome! I come in every day mainly for that

how is water considered a "fat burner"? if that's the case, I think i REALLY need to take in more water. I'm only doing about 1/2 gallon a day max

masaahven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello Soccerdad,

I´m really enjoy reading your blog and your physique is something to aim at or something to look up to. And making it naturally, you`ve worked really hard man.
    I´m natural too, almost 40 years and training hard in the gym and on a diet too, so I was wondering how you keep your natural hormone levels up? I know that there isn`t any secrets but what`s your experience in this subject?

My thumbs are up for you getting that pro-card!

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    M'kay - love the after meal fridge photo. I am thinking, you must have a fridge just for your food? We only have two kids vs. your five and I can't seem to fit my food + their food in it! I can therefore only prep about 3 days' worth of food at a time.

Have a great weekend,
    CC

CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hmmmm16417 View Post

how is water considered a "fat burner"? if that's the case, I think i REALLY need to take in more water. I'm only doing about 1/2 gallon a day max
    That's a great question... With relations to keeping your kidneys and liver clean while functioning optimally is critical for the proper digestion and distribution of nutrients throughout the body. How do you do this..... WATER!

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20040...ed-weight-loss
    In an effort to answer this question, Michael Boschmann, MD, and colleagues from Berlin's Franz-Volhard Clinical Research Center tracked energy expenditures among seven men and seven women who were healthy and not overweight.

After drinking approximately 17 ounces of water, the subjects' metabolic rates -- or the rate at which calories are burned -- increased by 30% for both men and women. The increases occurred within 10 minutes of water consumption and reached a maximum after about 30 to 40 minutes.

The study also showed that the increase in metabolic rate differed in men and women. In men, burning more fat fueled the increase in metabolism, whereas in women, an increased breakdown of carbohydrates caused the increase in metabolism seen.

The researchers estimate that over the course of a year, a person who increases his water consumption by 1.5 liters a day would burn an extra 17,400 calories, for a weight loss of approximately five pounds. They note that up to 40% of the increase in calorie burning is caused by the body's attempt to heat the ingested water. The findings are reported in the December issue of The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.
    ▬▬۩ LABRADA NUTRITION REP ۩▬▬

Check out LABRADA @ http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/lab/lab.htm

SMILE BIG - LIFT BIGGER - LIVE LARGER!

Please feel free to email me regarding any questions about Labrada branded products.

What Chuck said see above ^^^

Here is the summary:

The researchers estimate that over the course of a year, a person who increases his water consumption by 1.5 liters a day would burn an extra 17,400 calories, for a weight loss of approximately five pounds. They note that up to 40% of the increase in calorie burning is caused by the body's attempt to heat the ingested water. The findings are reported in the December issue of The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.
    Originally Posted by hmmmm16417 View Post

Yes, that is an empty fridge outside. Our fridg inside is packed with food for 7.

M'kay - love the after meal fridge photo. I am thinking, you must have a fridge just for your food? We only have two kids vs. your five and I can't seem to fit my food + their food in it! I can therefore only prep about 3 days' worth of food at a time.

Have a great weekend,
    CC
    Thanks Chuck, right on brother!
    That's a great question... With relations to keeping your kidneys and liver clean while functioning optimally is critical for the proper digestion and distribution of nutrients throughout the body. How do you do this..... WATER!

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20040...ed-weight-loss
    In an effort to answer this question, Michael Boschmann, MD, and colleagues from Berlin's Franz-Volhard Clinical Research Center tracked energy expenditures among seven men and seven women who were healthy and not overweight.

After drinking approximately 17 ounces of water, the subjects' metabolic rates -- or the rate at which calories are burned -- increased by 30% for both men and women. The increases occurred within 10 minutes of water consumption and reached a maximum after about 30 to 40 minutes.

The study also showed that the increase in metabolic rate differed in men and women. In men, burning more fat fueled the increase in metabolism, whereas in women, an increased breakdown of carbohydrates caused the increase in metabolism seen.

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by soccerdad5 View Post

Did fasted cardio today. I usually have a Power carb/ Protein shake before I do cardio but tried fasted cardio. I don’t know if I am sold on fasted cardio. I probably won’t do this the rest of the way.
    Fasted cardio has no scientific benefit If you want to do it that way feel free, but I always recommend getting a little something in you to power you through the workout. Don't fall for the bro science!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Agreed. No more....

I see a lot of these "coaches" putting their clients on fasted cardio. Not sold and I appreciate the input.
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Fasted cardio has no scientific benefit If you want to do it that way feel free, but I always recommend getting a little something in you to power you through the workout. Don't fall for the bro science!

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Loving the fridge pic. That's some preparation!!
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166196451

DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Great Tip of the Day

Water is so important and most people don't drink enough of it throughout the day.

WowZers!!! Your 2nd fridge is Amazing. Ours is filled with water, yogurt and veggies. I'd much rather have yours!!!
    01/02/2019 Starting weight: 221.5 lbs

11/01/2019 Weight: 161.4 lbs. Lost 60.1 lbs

03/06/2020 Weight: 151.2 lbs. Lost 70.3 lbs

Goal Weight: 136.5 lbs

dafiro03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dafiro03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dafiro03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dafiro03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dafiro03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dafiro03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dafiro03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dafiro03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dafiro03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dafiro03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dafiro03 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Agreed. No more....

I see a lot of these "coaches" putting their clients on fasted cardio. Not sold and I appreciate the input.
    Hey Chad, big follower here man. Im very happy with your success so far shows a lot of determination trying to follow your footsteps. I have seen absolutely no benefit from fasted cardio versus cardio at any point of the day after meals in regards to weight or fat loss. In my opinion I rather do cardio before or after my last meal of the day.

Hey again champ!
    I really have million questions about training so get your pencil sharppened dude (or just say shut up..). I was wondering about your diet. It`s obvious that it works pretty good for you. So I understood that you load up your carbs one day at the week. Same time put your proteins and fats down. And next day get back to the circle, proteins and fats up, carbs down etc. Are you going to decrease carbs along the way and what do you think, is it matter what time of a day you take your carbs?

Another from training. What is your philosophy about training. Do you believe in increasing the training weights week by week or is it maybe contraction and strain to muscle you are training? Are you cycling your reprange weekly? Do you believe in "light weeks" in training, meaning a week that you train but don`t put youself to limits and just try to recover?

Lot´s of questions man.. as I said. I wish you light waits and good spirit in the gym!

3/28/14—43 Days Out from Contest
    I am sorry I am a bit behind but I will catch up today. Will get to you questions today. Chest and back today (Friday) solo and it was a great workout. For some reason, I am getting more sore than other times. Not sure if it is the intensity of the workouts or I am having a longer time recovering. I will continue to monitor my body. I am 196.8. I didn’t make much progress on the weight loss front this week but still on schedule. I will be bringing my calories and carbs down from 25-50 g of carbs next week. Here was a pic on Friday

Workout today:
    Workout for Monday:
    Chest/Back, Abs
    Incline DB Bench Press – 4 sets 8-15 reps
    Lat Pulldown – 4 sets 10-15 reps

Superset:
    Standing Cable Flys – 3 sets 10-15 reps
    T-bar Row – 3 sets 10-15 reps

Superset:
    DB Bench Press– 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Close Grip Cable Row – 3 sets 10-15 reps

Superset:
    Decline Hammer Press – 3 sets failure
    Close Grip Pulldown – 3 sets to failure
    DIET
    Same as above
    TIP OF THE DAY: Make sure you take pictures at least every 2 weeks to see if you are making any progress. The mirror doesn’t lie and you can see differences through this lens.

CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DebiLynn View Post
    Water is so important and most people don't drink enough of it throughout the day.

WowZers!!! Your 2nd fridge is Amazing. Ours is filled with water, yogurt and veggies. I'd much rather have yours!!!

DebiLynn, I couldn't have agreed with you more. Water is so very important. Your post just reminded me to grab some water myself.

Hope everyone's day is filled with the 8x8 principle. 8 glasses of water at 8 ounce each time!

Please feel free to email me regarding any questions about Labrada branded products.

Yes, for instance I have decreased my carbs by 25 g this week (100 calories). Hope to lose 1 - 1.2 lbs this week. We will see if I am headed there. I weighed in at 196 this morning so I am on the right track.

There are all kinds of opinions out there on one end of the spectrum making sure carbs are around your workout to the other end of the spectrum of backloading carbs at the end of the day. I eat the majority of my carbs before and after my workouts but it is fairly spread out as you can see in my diet above. For instance, I eat 1 cup of oatmeal at 9:30 with my protein so I don't cut out carbs at the end of the day.

I do believe in a deload week. I think it helps physically as well as psychologically. I try to take one every 8 weeks. More isn't necessarily better. I have been able to stay injury free for a long time by doing this.
    Originally Posted by masaahven View Post
    Hey again champ!
    I really have million questions about training so get your pencil sharppened dude (or just say shut up..). I was wondering about your diet. It`s obvious that it works pretty good for you. So I understood that you load up your carbs one day at the week. Same time put your proteins and fats down. And next day get back to the circle, proteins and fats up, carbs down etc. Are you going to decrease carbs along the way and what do you think, is it matter what time of a day you take your carbs?

Another from training. What is your philosophy about training. Do you believe in increasing the training weights week by week or is it maybe contraction and strain to muscle you are training? Are you cycling your reprange weekly? Do you believe in "light weeks" in training, meaning a week that you train but don`t put youself to limits and just try to recover?

Lot´s of questions man.. as I said. I wish you light waits and good spirit in the gym!

3/30/14—40 Days Out from Contest & Cardio and Active Rest Day

Cardio day and active rest day. Long day at the soccer fields on Saturday but got my workout in at 6 am to make sure I took the 200 mile excursion around town for all the soccer games (3 kid's games) we went to. It was a shoulders and arms workout. Short and intense.

I had another soccer morning so could not go to the gym. I have to get my son out early to the soccer field so went ahead and did a HIIT cardio session on empty soccer field. Here was the look of the field :

Workout today:

5 minute warm up then stretch
    5 minute slow jog
    5 sets 15 sec 90% effort sprint across soccer field
    5 sets 45 sec jog recovery
    5 minute slow jog
    Repeat 5 sets 15 sec 90% effort sprint across soccer field
    5 sets 45 sec jog recovery
    5 min cool down

Here was me after the run

I brought my cooler so ate during the game where my son's team won. I then had to travel 45 miles and take my 2 younger kids to a Spring Festival at my church. While everyone was eating hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage on a stick, chip and ice cream, I was eating this in the car:

DIET

Before workout

1 quart of water
    6 Labrada Sorenzyme pills on empty stomach (I have been taking another brand for a year but switched once I found out Labrada had these. Labrada is way ahead on stuff. .The only thing I have changed is this so I really believe it is working.)
    Right after workout
    1 quart of water
    5 g of creatine
    Meal 1 (after workout)
    Supplements after meal 1
    2,000 mg Vitamin C, Multi-Vitamins, Vitamin D 4,000 IU (am going to increase this), Glucosamine Chondroiton, Zinc, and 2,000 mg Omega 3 Fish Oil

Meal 2
    5oz Chicken
    ¾ cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans

Meal 3
    ¾ cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans

Meal 4
    5oz Chicken
    ¾ cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans

Meal 5
    5 oz chicken
    6 oz of potatoes

Meal 6
    1 cup of Almond Milk
    1/2 cup of oatmeal

Approximate Calories: 2,806
    Carbs: 262 g
    Protein: 286 g
    Fats: 58 g

My calories are less on cardio days.

TIP OF THE DAY: Always make a day where you spend time with the people you love. Making total body transformations or competing can end up being all consuming if you let it. Make sure you budget time for your family and your loved ones. It doesn't matter what kind of transformation or what trophy you bring home if you can't spend time with the people you love. Here is my family and I am truly blessed!

I will post Monday's update tonight.
    Last edited by soccerdad5; 04-01-2014 at 10:36 AM.

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In for the rest of the journey. Very inspirational for those of us with full time jobs and a family. Always finding a way to get it done!!

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Love the family pic! Way to keep things in perspective man.

PS - I need to get back on the soccer field, haven't played in a bit! Miss it.
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Thank you for your answers and best of luck to next competition.

Just popping in to say a huge THANK YOU for mentioning the crock pot and chicken prep. Set 6 chicken breasts in our crock pot with some onion soup yesterday morning and it was so nice to come home to a great smelling house and chicken that I could use plus the kids/hubs really liked. I am only 1.5 weeks out from my show so won't start experimenting with too many different basting combinations at this point but, wow, I wish I had learned of this earlier in prep! Gonna totally use this in my offseason and then during upcoming seasons - so yummy!

Thanks - have a super day!

CC

Yep, one thing you won't see me touting is how much sleep I get Thanks for joining!
    Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    In for the rest of the journey. Very inspirational for those of us with full time jobs and a family. Always finding a way to get it done!!
    Thank God, family then the rest of it....Soccer is my love! Love the sport and love to watch my kids play as well as watch the professional game.
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Love the family pic! Way to keep things in perspective man.

PS - I need to get back on the soccer field, haven't played in a bit! Miss it.
    My pleasure
    Originally Posted by masaahven View Post
    Thank you for your answers and best of luck to next competition.
    That is awesome! Stay away from high sodium that close out. The crockpot has made my life easier. Now if could just figure out how doing fish that way
    Just popping in to say a huge THANK YOU for mentioning the crock pot and chicken prep. Set 6 chicken breasts in our crock pot with some onion soup yesterday morning and it was so nice to come home to a great smelling house and chicken that I could use plus the kids/hubs really liked. I am only 1.5 weeks out from my show so won't start experimenting with too many different basting combinations at this point but, wow, I wish I had learned of this earlier in prep! Gonna totally use this in my offseason and then during upcoming seasons - so yummy!

Thanks - have a super day!

CC

I am a bit behind in days but will catch up by end of day tomorrow.

3/31/14—39 Days Out from Contest--Let the week begin
    Chest and back today solo again and was a bit tired. I am working out in my old gym. I do like to work solo sometimes. Gives me time to think in between sets. I brought my calories down 100 and carbs down 25 g. Just went from 3/4 cup of rice to 1/2 cup of rice in 3 meals . Did all my meal prep on Sunday so all prepared for the week. Here is a pic of my meal prep.

This takes me about 2 hours to do now. It used to take 3 hours but got a good system down. I love my chicken coming out of the crock pot. Very moist and you just throw it in. This week I was short on time so threw it in on high for 4 hours.
    Workout today:
    Workout for Monday:
    Chest/Back, Abs

Superset:

Superset:

Superset:

DIET
    [b]Before workout [b]
    1 quart of water
    2 scoops of Labrada Super Charge

Right after workout
    1 quart of water
    5 g of creatine

Meal 1 (after workout)
    Supplements after meal 1

[img]http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2014/02/28/50678871/gallerypic/aDuJHgUotFsmIFqJSmPGkrGxROEofMkHCQaK-610xh.jpg[img]
    Only thing not pictured is Labrada HICA Max

Meal 2
    5oz Chicken
    1/2 cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans
    Meal 3
    1/2 cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans
    Meal 4
    5oz Chicken
    1/2 cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans

[b]Meal 5[b]
    5 oz chicken breast
    2 cups of mixed vegetables
    6 oz of sweet potatoes
    ½ tsp of coconut oil

Meal 5
    1 cup of Almond Milk
    1 cup of oatmeal

Approximate Calories: 2,958
    Carbs: 283 g
    Protein: 311 g
    Fats: 64 g

TIP OF THE DAY: Make sure you have a plan for your diet before the week begins. I like to cook on Sundays so all of my food is cooked for the week. If the week throws me a curve ball, I always have my food. THIS HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST PART OF MY SUCCESS so if you are going to implement any of my tips, implement this one. 80% of your success will be how you are doing with your diet.

Your meal prep is inspiring!!! Making me want to change my ways!

I often use a crock pot and make my protein every 3 days and then throw it all together in the mornings (veggies and carbs). However my weekends have been my weak area.

If I get the courage to take it to the next level I think your method will really help!

Thanks for sharing!

Good Chuck. We can definitely talk about my "nuances" this week that will save you some time and headaches.
    Your meal prep is inspiring!!! Making me want to change my ways!

I often use a crock pot and make my protein every 3 days and then throw it all together in the mornings (veggies and carbs). However my weekends have been my weak area.

If I get the courage to take it to the next level I think your method will really help!

Thanks for sharing!

markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am a bit behind in days but will catch up by end of day tomorrow.

3/31/14—39 Days Out from Contest--Let the week begin
    Chest and back today solo again and was a bit tired. I am working out in my old gym. I do like to work solo sometimes. Gives me time to think in between sets. I brought my calories down 100 and carbs down 25 g. Just went from 3/4 cup of rice to 1/2 cup of rice in 3 meals . Did all my meal prep on Sunday so all prepared for the week. Here is a pic of my meal prep.

This takes me about 2 hours to do now. It used to take 3 hours but got a good system down. I love my chicken coming out of the crock pot. Very moist and you just throw it in. This week I was short on time so threw it in on high for 4 hours.
    Workout today:
    Workout for Monday:
    Chest/Back, Abs

Superset:

Superset:

Superset:

DIET
    [b]Before workout [b]
    1 quart of water

Right after workout
    1 quart of water
    5 g of creatine

Meal 1 (after workout)
    Supplements after meal 1

[img]http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2014/02/28/50678871/gallerypic/aDuJHgUotFsmIFqJSmPGkrGxROEofMkHCQaK-610xh.jpg[img]
    Only thing not pictured is Labrada HICA Max

Meal 2
    5oz Chicken
    1/2 cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans
    Meal 3
    1/2 cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans
    Meal 4
    5oz Chicken
    1/2 cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans

[b]Meal 5[b]
    5 oz chicken breast
    6 oz of sweet potatoes
    ½ tsp of coconut oil

Meal 5
    1 cup of Almond Milk
    1 cup of oatmeal

TIP OF THE DAY: Make sure you have a plan for your diet before the week begins. I like to cook on Sundays so all of my food is cooked for the week. If the week throws me a curve ball, I always have my food. THIS HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST PART OF MY SUCCESS so if you are going to implement any of my tips, implement this one. 80% of your success will be how you are doing with your diet.

wow, that is impressive! I am going to learn a lot from you Chad, but it is going to take me a little time, you are definitely an inspiration to those wanting to eat clean and use quality supplements.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ TWINLAB FUEL TEAM MILITIA member 2014 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

(Tuesday) 4/1/14—38 Days Out from Contest & Keeping the Routine

Took a picture on Tuesday to see where I am at. I am pleased but still have about 6-7 more lbs to go.

Workout today:
    Delts/Traps/Arms
    Arnold DB Military Press – 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Cable Raise – 3 Set 8-12 reps
    Bent over DB Lateral– 5 sets 10-15
    Front Raise – 3 sets 10-15
    Upright Row (wide grip) – 3 sets 10-12
    Superset:
    Skull Crushers – 3 sets 8-14
    Barbell Curl – 3 sets 8-12
    Superset:
    Weighted Dips – 3 sets to failure
    Incline DB Curl – 3 sets 8-12
    Superset:
    Rope Extension – 3 sets 12-15
    Concentrated Curl – 10-15
    3 sets 3 ab exercises in 12-25 rep range

DIET
    Before workout
    1 quart of water

Right after workout
    1 quart of water
    5 g of creatine

Meal 1 (after workout)
    Supplements after meal 1

Meal 2
    5oz Chicken
    1/2 cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans

Meal 3
    1/2 cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans

Meal 4
    5oz Chicken
    1/2 cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans

Meal 5
    5 oz chicken breast
    6 oz of sweet potatoes
    ½ tsp of coconut oil

Meal 6
    1 cup of Almond Milk
    1 cup of oatmeal

TIP OF THE DAY: Don't worry about supplement until you get your diet right. Supplements won't help you too much if you don't have your diet in check. Supplements are to "supplement" your diet. There is no magic supplement that will help you get into shape. Don't believe any of the hype out there. Supplements do play a role in my strategy but my diet is the big key to my success.

Here is a link to a Lee Labrada interview where he shares exactly what he did nutritionally to prepare for the Mr. Olympia Contest. This is the exact same philosophy I have taken during my transformation and when I have been competing. This will help you also in meeting your fitness goals. http://www.labrada.com/index.php?r=s...aNutrition.pdf
    Enjoy!