cookiesncardi0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

(sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but) how much should I be eating?

Ok, so I'm 18, I was really overweight, and then I basically went down to about 500 calories a day for 6 ish months, which was horrible, but now I'm thin. However, obviously, I didn't know at the time, but I cut out a lot of protein from my diet as well as pretty much everything else, so I lost most of my muscle too. I weight 9 and a half ish stone and I'm 5 10 and a half. I'm eating ok now but I'm still not comfortable with how much I weigh so although I know I should find out to get a proper kinda diet plan, I don't want to. Basically, I'm working out 6 days a week, weights, with a friend helping me with muscle groups etc. so I'm not asking for workout advice as such. Basically, I want to know how much I should eat, calories and protein, to actually make decent gains without getting fatter. Obviously I know I'll put on some fat but I don't want to stuff my face with 6000 calories when it's just unnecessary. So basically, how much should I eat to gain muscle without too much fat too? Thanks in advance!

I'm at between 1500 and 2000 ish a day at the moment, getting somewhere around 70g of protein a day. I haven't started supplements and I really don't want to if I can avoid it.

I know this varies considerably between different people, but a ballpark estimate would be really helpful.

I'm not looking to end up huge, as in incredibly muscular, but I want to be well toned and fairly muscular throughout, so yeah, how many calories, what kind of food? I've been told anything from 50-300g of protein and 1000-4000 calories, so obviously I'm quite confused. Any help, advice and personal experience would be really helpful