Closed Thread
Page 27 of 118 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast
    jackleballs is just really nice. (+1000) jackleballs is just really nice. (+1000) jackleballs is just really nice. (+1000) jackleballs is just really nice. (+1000) jackleballs is just really nice. (+1000) jackleballs is just really nice. (+1000) jackleballs is just really nice. (+1000) jackleballs is just really nice. (+1000) jackleballs is just really nice. (+1000) jackleballs is just really nice. (+1000) jackleballs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MastaBeta View Post
    lol @ secret military tech being manufactured in china by america. das not it mane
    How much of America does China own now?

moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BlueSasquatch View Post
    Call me coconut for having a basic level understanding of life but I agree with this brah,

Either the plane was captured to sell? Who the fuk buys a stolen plane with 200 dead people on board. (inb4freeskydivinglessons)

Or it was stolen to use as a weapon, who the fuk isnt going to shoot down a missing plane heading at them? (inb4therecouldbeinnocentsonboard)
    If they had a nuclear payload it would be a lose-lose proposition. Even if they shot the plane down, the resulting fallout could very well be worse than the planned impact.
    Also, Dick Cheney confirmed he gave fighter pilots the OK to shoot down the flight that was thought to be heading for the white house during 9/11. No CT on that, he's on video stating it plainly.
    I ALWAYS rep back, just leave a link to one of your posts in the rep comment.

DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hewhodar3s View Post
    You can program engine failures etc in Microsoft flight simulator, so maybe he was doing that kind of stuff
    Originally Posted by MastaBeta View Post
    lol @ comparing flight sim to basketball courts. dude's flying international flights. i assume he spends 1 night in beijing, and dead tired by the time he flies back to malaysia. and he'a s man with a family and also loves his community. odd to have a flight sim when his time is so limited.

brb coconut pickers planting coconuts in their backyards just so they can pick coconuts at night when they're back from work.
    I posted this in the other thread and I'll post it here again.

Tying flight sim into this is fuking ridiculous, the guy was passionate about aviation, why wouldn't he get a flight sim to enjoy in his leisure time? And his setup wasn't too expensive, yoke+throttle+pedals run about $250 total. Coconut picker analogy is full coconut, do basketball players not play NBA2k, do football players not play Maddenfor fun?

And even if you could try to tie in the flight sim, you should know that FSX doesn't compare one bit to real world. There's only three addons that are indepth airliner sims - PMDG 737/777 and Majestic Dash 8. And even then, they are limited by the simulator itself, it doesn't depict real world flight envelope, radar coverage, ATC, etc. The flight sim is irrelevant, it was a captain who was passionate about aviation and his job.

Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tzaddiq is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    An in air explosion is ideal for maximizing fallout/blast radius. Detonating at thousands of feet above the target is ideal. In Japan they were detonated a couple thousand feet off the ground. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_...a_and_Nagasaki
    I know, but that's still low enough to kick up a lot of ground material. There are videos of high atmosphere airbursts, and there's no sooty mushroom cloud (made of ground material), it looks quite clean.

Lemme find the video

Here, at 4:40

elgregorio will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgregorio will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgregorio will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgregorio will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgregorio will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgregorio will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgregorio will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgregorio will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgregorio will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgregorio will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgregorio will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KiNGACE View Post
    Flying With Fish ********@flyingwithfish 34s

@abhijitathavale @keithledgerwood A transponder has a unique hex code and it matches the serial number of the aircraft

Flying With Fish ********@flyingwithfish 2h
    I knew a bit about how transponders work but wasn't familiar with this feature of Mode S, this was new to me:

Mode S features

Upon interrogation, Mode S transponders transmit information about the aircraft to the SSR system, to TCAS receivers on board aircraft and to the ADS-B SSR system. This information includes the call sign of the aircraft and/or the transponder's permanent ICAO 24-bit address in the form of a hex code.
    ICAO 24-bit address

Mode S equipment on aircraft are assigned a unique ICAO 24-bit address or (informally) Mode-S "hex code" upon national registration and this address becomes a part of the aircraft's Certificate of Registration. Normally, the address is never changed, however, the transponders are reprogrammable and, occasionally, are moved from one aircraft to another (presumably for operational or cost purposes), either by maintenance or by changing the appropriate entry in the aircraft's Flight management system.

There are 16,777,214 (224-2) unique ICAO 24-bit addresses (hex codes) available.[3][4] The ICAO 24-bit address can be represented in three digital formats: hexadecimal, octal, and binary. These addresses are used to provide a unique identity normally allocated to an individual aircraft or registration.

krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    havent really looked into this at all, all i know is passports were stolen and no one has any idea what really happened.

not reading 17 pages, reps for cliffs on all the big details from beginning to now, no tin foil hat conspiracies
    ♣BOSTON STRONG♣

I love Taylor Swift Crew

JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    [QUOTE =Jayfence;1220330601]I may be wrong here, but wouldn't there be 100 easier ways to get a nuke into Israel than pulling off the shadiest hijack in memory, and flying a slow-ass boeing jet over multiple countries' air defense and radar systems?[/QUOTE]

Im not saying I buy that theory for a second, but, how would you do it? Im pretty sure israel is worried every single day about someone walking over a nuke by ground. Maybe by passenger plane is the only feasible way that has even a .0001% chance of succeeding.
    Certified 1200 ng/l T

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by krazedxboi View Post
    havent really looked into this at all, all i know is passports were stolen and no one has any idea what really happened.

not reading 17 pages, reps for cliffs on all the big details from beginning to now, no tin foil hat conspiracies
    Cliffs:
    Plane disappears
    Malaysians are incompetent
    Bunch of bad information gets out
    Malaysians are retarded
    Plane's communications (ACARS, etc) turned off
    Plane may have flown about 7 hours after that

And seriously these Malaysians are horrible
    Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

Jedi34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jedi34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jedi34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jedi34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jedi34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jedi34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jedi34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jedi34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jedi34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jedi34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jedi34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by krazedxboi View Post

The Malaysian plane is still missing. Nothing is confirmed. "Experts" coming forward with their propagandas.

NotShreddedYet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotShreddedYet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotShreddedYet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotShreddedYet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotShreddedYet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotShreddedYet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotShreddedYet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotShreddedYet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotShreddedYet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotShreddedYet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotShreddedYet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ironicinori View Post
    Is it possible that the plane could have made it into space? I need a pilot or astronaut ITT to answer this question once and for all because we can't seem to agree on whether it's possible.
    I don't know if this is true but, from what I've read, because the air is thinner as you go higher, the air under the wings isn't strong enough to hold them up.

I'm not a pilot/astronaut by the way lol
    "We want to kill something, and they want to give us meat that’s already dead. A real predator don’t want no cooked meat. You keep feeding a damn lion meat out of the refrigerator, it’s gonna lose its predatory instincts." - Ann Wolfe

"Be water, my friend"- Bruce Lee

"Dang" - Rener Gracie

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

GGMU

Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    nothing to see here guys, this is just marketing for liam neeson's new movie

Florida Crew

krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chlaxman View Post
    Cliffs:
    Plane disappears
    Malaysians are retarded

Originally Posted by Jedi34 View Post
    The Malaysian plane is still missing. Nothing is confirmed. "Experts" coming forward with their propagandas.
    thats pretty much what i figured despite not following this story at all. strong everything

thanks, repped you both
    ♣BOSTON STRONG♣

I love Taylor Swift Crew

Registered User SubWooferCooker's Avatar
    SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NotShreddedYet View Post
    I don't know if this is true but, from what I've read, because the air is thinner as you go higher, the air under the wings isn't strong enough to hold them up.

I'm not a pilot/astronaut by the way lol
    Also the engine can stall when they go too high.

deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deerdiary is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cliffs:
    Plane disappears
    Malaysians are retarded

DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000) DBoss11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Air is thinner, in addition to the fact that turbofans rely on air for combustion, theres no air in space/air gets thinner the higher you go - no combustion - engines don't run.

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SubWooferCooker View Post
    Also they can get too close to the Sun and the wings burn off.
    Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

Registered User YourCousinVinny's Avatar
    YourCousinVinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) YourCousinVinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) YourCousinVinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) YourCousinVinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) YourCousinVinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) YourCousinVinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) YourCousinVinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) YourCousinVinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) YourCousinVinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) YourCousinVinny is on a distinguished road. (+10) YourCousinVinny is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Families/Relatives must be devastated. Still nothing.

Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DBoss11 View Post
    Air is thinner, in addition to the fact that turbofans rely on air for combustion, theres no air in space/air gets thinner the higher you go - no combustion - engines don't run.
    Your both right. Depending on the aircraft, the airfoil will stall while theoretically the engines can still produce thrust.
    Maple Leafs - Chelsea FC - Toronto FC

moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000)
    And sometimes if the plane gets too far up, it can accidentally leave Earth's gravitational field and get pulled off into space. Really troublesome.

bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by moosecakes4all View Post
    And sometimes if the plane gets too far up, it can accidentally leave Earth's gravitational field and get pulled off into space. Really troublesome.

we've already trolled this line several times, i think it was page 150 of the other thread, also again on 155, 156, 157, 159, and 201. no one gets rustled anymore.
    Boston Misc Crew

Registered User RobotDeathSquad's Avatar
    RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There's this theory going around now that the pilots could have (relatively) closely followed another jetliner to hide from radar. If they were close enough and above the leading plane, they could appear as the same blip on radar, avoid the jet stream, and be "sharing" the unaware leader plane's transponder signal. It really ties everything together. The simulator to practice tailing another jet and the fact no one has found the plane.

This guy discovered the possibility and did a write up complete with maps. It's the best theory I've seen so far.

http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/po...ing-sia68-sq68
    HORSE COCK CREW
    CLEAN EATERS CREW
    CANT BUST FROM BJ CREW

I rep back all Jews, Reptilians, and Illuminati members.

ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmx045 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RobotDeathSquad View Post
    There's this theory going around now that the pilots could have (relatively) closely followed another jetliner to hide from radar. If they were close enough and above the leading plane, they could appear as the same blip on radar, avoid the jet stream, and be "sharing" the unaware leader plane's transponder signal. It really ties everything together. The simulator to practice tailing another jet and the fact no one has found the plane.

This guy discovered the possibility and did a write up complete with maps. It's the best theory I've seen so far.

http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/po...ing-sia68-sq68

very credible.

considering the flight is MH370 and not 320.

never go full coconut.
    Boston Misc Crew

Originally Posted by bmx045 View Post
    we've already trolled this line several times, i think it was page 150 of the other thread, also again on 155, 156, 157, 159, and 201. no one gets rustled anymore.
    Meanwhile at bmx045's house....

(semi-srs)

Originally Posted by moosecakes4all View Post
    Meanwhile at bmx045's house....

(semi-srs)

that's enough Garret.
    Boston Misc Crew

Registered User datkidfromtheNW's Avatar
    datkidfromtheNW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datkidfromtheNW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datkidfromtheNW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datkidfromtheNW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datkidfromtheNW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datkidfromtheNW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datkidfromtheNW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datkidfromtheNW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datkidfromtheNW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datkidfromtheNW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datkidfromtheNW has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by turkey_server View Post
    Can't reach Mongolia from last ping location brah. Not enough fuel.
    Well allow me to retort

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...unways-3245824

These are the 634 runways where the missing Malaysia Airlines plane could have landed after a potential hijacking...

They are spread from as far north as Pakistan, to as far south as the west coast of Australia or even Japan.

Other remote locations include Micronesia, Mongolia and the Maldives.

Originally Posted by datkidfromtheNW View Post
    And those are legitimate runways. They easily could have landed in some strip of desert or on a dirt runway and whisked into a hangar within 5 mins.

DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SubWooferCooker View Post
    All of these.
    A man asked two bricklayers what they were doing. The first said "I'm laying bricks." The second said, "I'm building a cathedral."

Never trust a fart.

TerRyOsuLLivan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TerRyOsuLLivan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TerRyOsuLLivan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TerRyOsuLLivan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TerRyOsuLLivan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TerRyOsuLLivan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TerRyOsuLLivan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TerRyOsuLLivan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TerRyOsuLLivan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TerRyOsuLLivan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TerRyOsuLLivan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DBoss11 View Post
    Hmmm, no expert, but I don't think the combustion would be the issue. Rather turbofan engines rely on air to generate thrust, and this becomes increasingly difficult at lower atmospheric pressures.

During the Air France tragedy, for a number of reasons, the plane ascended to over 40,000 feet, where lift and thrust were consequently lost, and the plane basically stalled.

rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So we should be ready for an a380 to come out of nowhere and attack?
    - root console

Originally Posted by TerRyOsuLLivan View Post
    Hmmm, no expert, but I don't think the combustion would be the issue. Rather turbofan engines rely on air to generate thrust, and this becomes increasingly difficult at lower atmospheric pressures.

During the Air France tragedy, for a number of reasons, the plane ascended to over 40,000 feet, where lift and thrust were consequently lost, and the plane basically stalled.
    Turbofans rely on air for combustion, which produces thrust - work is extracted in the turbine, spinning the fan which produces most of the thrust.

AF447 stalled due to a high angle of attack, pilot improperly ignored stall warning and pulled back on the stick leading to a loss of airspeed and a stall. Planes can fly at 40000 feet, 747SPs back in the day could've even flown at 50000 feet, it just gets increasingly harder on the airfoil and engines the higher you go.