2200rms is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2200rms is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2200rms is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2200rms is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2200rms is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2200rms is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2200rms is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2200rms is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2200rms is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2200rms is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2200rms is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Why does everybody think they are pros because they know the science

I come here to get opinions but most of them seem to be from naturally skinny guys that can't lift ****. Kudos to the ones that give real advice

Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikedp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 2200rms View Post
    I come here to get opinions but most of them seem to be from naturally skinny guys that can't lift ****. Kudos to the ones that give real advice
    If the science is right on the matter I don't understand why this would upset you...

Even a skinny guy can research

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mikedp1 View Post
    If the science is right on the matter I don't understand why this would upset you...

This
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    better then naturally big guys giving people **** advice, their only justification being 'look at me'

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Mikedp1 View Post

This
    Originally Posted by BenD4Me View Post
    better then naturally big guys giving people **** advice, their only justification being 'look at me'
    I've seen way more big guys give bad advice than skinny noobs. Most of the time skinny noobs ask for advice instead of giving it. Muscled "bros" push advice on errybody. Hence the term broscience.
    Experience, not just theory

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    I've seen way more big guys give bad advice than skinny noobs. Most of the time skinny noobs ask for advice instead of giving it. Muscled "bros" push advice on errybody. Hence the term broscience.
    And even when the advice is not bad, there's still the issue of acting like one way is the only or the best way to do things. Like how eating 6 meals a day is a fine way to diet, but so are less frequent meals.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

Registered User transamdroptp08's Avatar
    transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Same reason as why everyone became a tough guy n the internet. It's the internet. Yu have to weed thru the bullship to find what works.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by NZninja101 View Post
    And even when the advice is not bad, there's still the issue of acting like one way is the only or the best way to do things.
    I'm pretty bad about this at times...especially when I've been drinking. Gotta stay off the forum after dem beers. lol
    Experience, not just theory

THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Its pretty much how most fitness and bodybuilding magazines aren't written by massive bodybuilders, they're probably written by overweight, under exercised people.

But people still buy them
    There is no substitute for hard work

djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by THElabCHIMP View Post
    Its pretty much how most fitness and bodybuilding magazines aren't written by massive bodybuilders, they're probably written by overweight, under exercised people.

But people still buy them
    I get mags in the packages I receive when buying supps all the time. First thing I do is toss them. Rather get advice from real people..

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Muscle Magazines

Today magazines contain a great dead of reputable information.

Many contain scientific abstracts (Cliff Notes) of articles.

Many of the articles are written by qualified exercise scientist and nutritionist.

Before reading an article or after, look at the credentials of the author.

The articles written my massive bodybuilder are usually written by a Ghost Writer.

Most "Meat Heads" could not spell Cat if you spotted them the "C" and the "T".

Kenny Croxdale

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)

"No on every got dumber from reading...."

Originally Posted by djlank9 View Post
    I get mags in the packages I receive when buying supps all the time. First thing I do is toss them.
    "No one ever got dumber from reading a book". Cosgrove

No one ever got dumber for reading a book or anything else.

Ignorance comes more from a lack of reading (knowledge).

Originally Posted by djlank9 View Post
    Rather get advice from real people..
    Getting poor information from real people isn't any better than reading a bad article.

You need to read REAL research data and speak with REAL knowledgeable people.

Kenny Croxdale

THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kennycroxdale View Post
    Muscle Magazines

Many of the articles are written by qualified exercise scientist and nutritionist.
    And how many of the studies in articles are funded by or even conducted by supplement/ equipment manufacturers who only give you the information they want you to know to sell their products?

A lot of the magazines I've read recently still preach the 30-60 minute anabolic window, as if you're going to melt if you don't drink the exact protein shake advertised on the next page

And how many of the studies in articles are funded by or even conducted by supplement/ equipment manufacturers who only give you the information they want you to know to sell their products?
    Reading

Evidently, you have no clue. Which take us back to READING!

You need to read the WHOLE article. That means reading the references and seeing where the information came from.

Then read the references.

Reputable Information

The majority of reputable information comes from individuals educated in the field.

For the most part these individuals maintain impartiality.

"Selling Out" for them is a career death sentence. They lose their reputation as being an expert in the field and taint their credibility.

Credibility

For that matter any individual who "Sells Out" in any field loses credibility.

A lot of the magazines I've read recently still preach the 30-60 minute anabolic window, as if you're going to melt if you don't drink the exact protein shake advertised on the next page
    Magazine Read Recently

1) Name the magazine.

2) Name the article.

3) Name the adverser promoting their produce as the "Miracle Supplement".

The problem is that you won't and most likely cannot.

Connotation

In other words define "A lot" with a number. Again, you are clueless and have nothing to substantiate you statement.

Supplement Manufacturers

I understand that many supplement companies make hyperbolic statements about products.

Advertising

As someone who worked in advertising for 15 years, I understand how fact and fiction are mixed to sell product.

Propaganda

As I use to tell my clients, another name for Advertising is Propaganda.

Nazis

As Joseph Goebbels once said, "If you scream something loud enough and long enough, people believe it."

Buyer Beware

It is up to each individual to educate themselves on the product they are purchasing.

If you buy something you are clueless about, you deserve what you get.

Kenny Croxdale

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dude, you are just getting annoying.

Magazine Read Recently

1) Name the magazine.

2) Name the article.

3) Name the adverser promoting their produce as the "Miracle Supplement".

The problem is that you won't and most likely cannot.
    Pretty much every men's health magazine I've ever read, I don't read them that often, Nor have I picked one up in a while. Neither do I keep them to go back to. And it's usually ON/ my protein advertising their latest whey protein blend.

And personally, I'd never take a magazine article on face value, but I don't speak for the rest of the population

Lift till the pains gone. Livestrong7's Avatar
    Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think anybody can give good advice and anyone can give bad advice

Your best bet
    Learn your own truth
    KEEP Calm and ... LIFT On★★★★★
    ~
    Every time you skip legs.. a puppy dies
    ~
    ***"NO CREW" CREW***
    ~
    99 problems but a bench ain't one

Pretty much every men's health magazine I've ever read, I don't read them that often, Nor have I picked one up in a while. Neither do I keep them to go back to. And it's usually ON/ my protein advertising their latest whey protein blend.

And personally, I'd never take a magazine article on face value, but I don't speak for the rest of the population
    You pretty much DON'T read them.

Thanks for making my point.

Kenny Croxdale

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    dude, you are just getting annoying.
    Then don't read my post.

Problem solved! Wow, that was easy.

Anything else you need help with?

Kenny Croxdale

Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Muscle Magazines

Before reading an article or after, look at the credentials of the author.

The articles written my massive bodybuilder are usually written by a Ghost Writer.

Most "Meat Heads" could not spell Cat if you spotted them the "C" and the "T".

Kenny Croxdale
    Agreed. Many of the articles I have read from magazines seem to be written from seemingly qualified individuals.

RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You don't have to be huge to know the science. You just have to put the effort into reading up and learning. I don't think anyone here thinks they're a pro just cause they know the science. It sounds like you just get annoyed by seeing people give you advice that you see as being smaller than you or smaller than someone you'd want advice from. That just comes off as stupidity to intelligent people, tbh. Some people that are much bigger have been working out for a very long time and would be a lot more defined and/or stronger if they knew the proper science. So just because someone is big doesn't mean they know exactly what they're doing.

Intelligent, diligent people will take in all advice they get and remain skeptical, research it themselves, and draw their own conclusions from the entirety of what they've learned. It doesn't take someone the size of Arnold Schwarzenegger to spend 30 minutes using Google and reading all they can find on a topic.

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    well , jeff seid for example , ifbb pro , in one of his videos said that very close grip bench press (where you almost touch your hands together) builds inner pecs.. that tells a lot about this topic.

CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by magician27 View Post
    well , jeff seid for example , ifbb pro , in one of his videos said that very close grip bench press (where you almost touch your hands together) builds inner pecs.. that tells a lot about this topic.
    Well he's right and wrong at the same time. While the inner chest thing is silly, that movement still gives the good hard contraction that flies are praised for. In other word, just do flies or dumbbell work and save your elbows.

Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paranoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Adversers are the ruin of this industry.

That is all.

Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Coccodrillo747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LOL some strong self-ownage ITT. Looks like overreading is not a myth after all.

Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RagingVeins View Post
    Intelligent, diligent people will take in all advice they get and remain skeptical, research it themselves, and draw their own conclusions from the entirety of what they've learned. It doesn't take someone the size of Arnold Schwarzenegger to spend 30 minutes using Google and reading all they can find on a topic.
    Boom. Spot on.

/thread
    "The best BOSU ball workout is one max rep of throwing it across the gym so you have place to deadlift". - Chris Shugart

MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The source of quality information shouldn't ever be the concern.

What you do with that information should.

kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is why I always word my tips like "X works for me and I had a similar problem" instead of "you should do X." The first wording is true and pretty much impossible to argue with even though I'm not as strong as I would like to be yet. And I only have myself to experiment on so who knows if it would work for someone else.
    My powerlifting journal:
    Adaptation ~ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169905603

thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50) thcalan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why is the only sport where this is prevalent?

Mariono Rivera himself never believed he knew why a cutter moved the way it did better than a Physicist. No one in MLB believed this.

Why is bodybuilding so different?