klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile Attention Competitors (PLEASE READ!)

I'm doing a little research project to help potential competitors get to know the sport. I know one of my main areas of concern and confusion when I first decided to compete was which association to join. So, I'm hoping to gather a LOT of information on the different associations and what each has to offer and would LOVE your input on the matter!

Tell me a little about your organization and why you decided to compete with them. I would greatly appreciated it!

If you can, comment on the following:
    Number of shows the organization holds per year
    Are they national/local/international
    Drug tested
    Cost of joining and competing
    Divisions offered (figure/bikini/physique/bb)
    The *perceived* level of experience of competitors

Thanks so much!

<3 Kate

JayDouble67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayDouble67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayDouble67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayDouble67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayDouble67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayDouble67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayDouble67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayDouble67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayDouble67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayDouble67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayDouble67 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this is a good thread Kate!

I had many of the same questions when I was looking to compete the first time. the way i went about it was to search for local shows in my area and then narrow down which organization to jump into.

my first show ended up being in the OCB which is a natural drug tested organization. The OCB has multiple shows throughout the year and all over the US. Many of these shows are IFPA Pro Qualifiers too. I forget the exact costs but i think it was $50 to join for one year and $55 to enter the show, plus $35 if you wanted to compete in more than one class/division.

they offer all divisions to include bikini, bbing (mens and womens), physique (mens and womens), and figure. The level of experience was all over from first timers to seasoned competitors. they offer a debut class for first timers, a novice class, and an open class.

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good question! I'll answer tomorrow when I have more time. Put this in the contest prep section too (not the journal section), it tends to get a different crowd and more random visitors.
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/