poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poshbird has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How supportive are your loved ones, with your training etc..?

I am lucky to have a partner who supports me 100% on my goals etc...I think if loved ones were not going to support you maybe the relationship isn't right...

what do you guys think?

Twitter: @NorthernLassFit

Instagram: InkandIron666

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/SweatShedPhysique

Mlunceford10 is not very well liked. (-100) Mlunceford10 is not very well liked. (-100) Mlunceford10 is not very well liked. (-100) Mlunceford10 is not very well liked. (-100) Mlunceford10 is not very well liked. (-100) Mlunceford10 is not very well liked. (-100) Mlunceford10 is not very well liked. (-100) Mlunceford10 is not very well liked. (-100) Mlunceford10 is not very well liked. (-100) Mlunceford10 is not very well liked. (-100) Mlunceford10 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I am super lucky to have a supportive husband. I know I would never be happy in a relationship that discouraged me from doing the things I enjoy. I just wouldn't stand for it.

B055 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B055 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B055 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B055 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B055 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B055 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B055 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B055 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B055 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B055 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B055 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My parents think bodybuilding/lifting weights is negative because they see the pro bodybuilders and all the horror stories about steroids so they've associated that with bodybuilding.

Welcome to my life.

Bandie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bandie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bandie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bandie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bandie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bandie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bandie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bandie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bandie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bandie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bandie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My partner thinks that me going to the gym is a waste of time and he laughs at my food scale. However he is not what I would call unsupportive by any means - except on a sunday when he is trying to convince me to skip the gym and sleep late then eat bacon and eggs :-)

We dont need to share all the same interests and have the same goals to be in a healthy relationship. While im in the gym or doing my weekly food prep he can go off and do something he enjoys that I find boring.

MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am so lucky. My partner is super supportive. It was he who first suggested I do a competition (working towards that) and is even going to cut when I do. We don't often train together due to different working hours but when we do he pushes me and afterwards gets amorous... Oh hang on I'm seeing the ulterior motive now lol.... It's all good though!
    Bench press: current 65kg, goal 70kg
    Squat: current 75kg, goal 90kg
    Deadlift: current 100kg, goal 120kg

Natural Physique Assoc. (UK) figure 2014, 2nd place.

MEwooding is on a distinguished road. (+10) MEwooding is on a distinguished road. (+10) MEwooding is on a distinguished road. (+10) MEwooding is on a distinguished road. (+10) MEwooding is on a distinguished road. (+10) MEwooding is on a distinguished road. (+10) MEwooding is on a distinguished road. (+10) MEwooding is on a distinguished road. (+10) MEwooding is on a distinguished road. (+10) MEwooding is on a distinguished road. (+10) MEwooding is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Bandie View Post
    My partner thinks that me going to the gym is a waste of time and he laughs at my food scale. However he is not what I would call unsupportive by any means - except on a sunday when he is trying to convince me to skip the gym and sleep late then eat bacon and eggs :-)

We dont need to share all the same interests and have the same goals to be in a healthy relationship. While im in the gym or doing my weekly food prep he can go off and do something he enjoys that I find boring.
    This is very much me and my husband as well.
    He does sometimes end up sabotaging me with unhealthy food, sweets, etc. but he is supportive of my goals. He is kinda scared of me getting super ripped, but honestly I think that he will be fine with whatever level of fitness I decide I want - because he's comparing how ripped athletes look in photos to what you look like every day. I don't worry about it too much. The only time it would be an issue for us, is if I was choosing going to the gym over spending time with him regularly. (I've gone to the gym several times when he's around if he's doing something that we aren't both into, like playing madden :P ) He's definitely proud of the fact that I take care of myself though.
    MPF: starbucksbuzz (food diary)
    Fitocracy: MEWooding (training logs)

Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kimba707 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thankfully I have a super supportive bf. I do all the meal planning and most of the prep but sometimes he helps out. He's now even using the food scales and writing down all the weights for me! Was pretty surprised when he started doing that!

But... explaining to work colleagues, friends and other family is proving harder. They just don't get it and think I'm being too extreme. I keep getting lectured about 'finding balance'. They just don't understand the dedication it takes and the comittment is all consuming. It's especially hard here in the UK as there's a massive drinking culture here so my social life is pretty much over. I feel like I'm really isolating myself and really wish I had a group of people to hang out with whose life didn't revolve around alcohol.

Blixish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blixish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blixish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blixish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blixish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blixish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blixish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blixish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blixish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blixish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blixish is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I kept waiting for my husband to jump on the bandwagon with me and get back in shape but he had no interest whatsoever. Finally, after being sidelined for months with an injury and being healed enough to get the green light to go back to lifting, I informed him of what I was going to do and I was doing it with or without him.

He joined in. He doesn't go to the gym every time I do, but is consistent for the first time in years, and has picked up my eating habits and has definitely gotten his own motivation and is supporting me more than I ever imagined he would. Funny how things work out sometimes.

Co-workers and friends: definitely do not get it. They are utterly confused by my diet and constant eating, and why I am "always" working out. Much like kimba, it's a little isolating at times to not have friends with the same fitness goals, but I'm so thankful that my husband is on board and 100% supportive.

lilsizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, first post here and first time figure competitor' eight weeks out woo! My boyfriend has been extremely supportive. He started eating healthier, work king out more, got me a guest membership at his gym, and even mostly gave up drinking except for a few key days. I told him he didn't have to, that it was my challenge but he said he wanted to be morally supportive. He`s so sweet, hell also randomly surprise me with new protein bars or almonds. Something he said while out having a few beers one night jeeps me motivated, "There's always going to be someone hungrier out there that wants it more, someone working harder eating better lifting more" Every time I want to cut out early on cardio, eat a cheat, or skip a set and I think about that and then its Game on!
    My parents were a harder sell. My dad used to body build but he didn't compete. His problem was that he didn't want me on stage in a barely there bikini my mother is anti overly muscular women. However they've both been watching how hard I'm working and how focused and dedicated I am and they've pulled a complete 180. They think I look great and even paid for my first skimpy figure suit. Yay mom and dad. Even my coworkers and friends have been wonderful, I'm very very lucky and I know it.

mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mydreamshape has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My boyfriend is really muscular and loves a girl with muscles. I think usually guys who don't like girls with muscles are skinny guys and I am not into them at all.
    Like they say 'If a girl with big muscles looks like a man, does it mean that guys with no muscles look like women?'
    www.mydreamshape.com (Tips and Tools to get you into Bikini Model Shape)