Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    That's part of the "fun" Instead of resetting anymore I just go in and beat my head against the wall with the same weights and reps until I gain ior lose ground due to food intake or change out the exercise .
    LOL. I think I'll live vicariously through your journal

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Hows the new bike. I did yard work all weekend, but might eventually get mine out again. The weather is not cooperating when I'm off work
    UPS says that it's "out for delivery." I told my son to expect it and that he might have to sign for it . . . it's okay, he's Mark JUNIOR

Even if it arrives, unfortunately I won't be able to ride it until Tues (if it doesn't rain) or Wed (if I'm rained out tomorrow which is a 60% chance) because I agreed to go to Planet Fitness with my wife (no hate ). I've lifted at home for many years, but she just joined and I go as her guest. The nice thing about working out at PF (besides the pizza . . . wait--wut?) is that anybody who can do a single bodyweight pull-up (and I can do 15) is a S*T*U*D! I'm sorta serious too. And the largest DBs are 75's and I can get 15 reps on the incline with those.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    LOL. I think I'll live vicariously through your journal

UPS says that it's "out for delivery." I told my son to expect it and that he might have to sign for it . . . it's okay, he's Mark JUNIOR

Even if it arrives, unfortunately I won't be able to ride it until Tues (if it doesn't rain) or Wed (if I'm rained out tomorrow which is a 60% chance) because I agreed to go to Planet Fitness with my wife (no hate ). I've lifted at home for many years, but she just joined and I go as her guest. The nice thing about working out at PF (besides the pizza . . . wait--wut?) is that anybody who can do a single bodyweight pull-up (and I can do 15) is a S*T*U*D! I'm sorta serious too. And the largest DBs are 75's and I can get 15 reps on the incline with those.
    I was a member at PF when I was working at another facility. They had one really close so I could go at lunch and do cardio. It was in a really bad area of the South side of Chicago where most of the murders are. There were some big dudes there looking like they were just paroled. I trained in a few times too for de-loads since you cant really go heavy. The equipment is all very nice (this one was brand new and 24 hrs). I could make it work in a pinch, only problem is deadlifts really, but I saw plenty of people deadlifting with the smith machine (SRS). I used it for bench and squats a few times it worked just fine.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here's my new bike with Gates belt and Nuvinci hub. It is a little harder to get up the steepest hills, but I really like it!

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here's my new bike with Gates belt and Nuvinci hub. It is a little harder to get up the steepest hills, but I really like it!

Very very nice, disks too! All you need are some panniers, and a matching bike for your wife.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    Very very nice, disks too! All you need are some panniers, and an EBIKE for your wife.
    Fixed it for you I thought about getting her an eBike, but I don't want to drop $2500 just to find out that she doesn't enjoy it. I will say that she has started walking more and we do that together.

Regarding the panniers (had to google that ), I have a couple different bags that I might use, and I just bought a small one that mounts on the horizontal tube next to the stem where I keep butterscotch candy for those times when I feel like I've "bonked." After the candy has been left in the hot garage for a while, it softens considerably.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fixed it for you I thought about getting her an eBike, but I don't want to drop $2500 just to find out that she doesn't enjoy it. I will say that she has started walking more and we do that together.

Regarding the panniers (had to google that ), I have a couple different bags that I might use, and I just bought a small one that mounts on the horizontal tube next to the stem where I keep butterscotch candy for those times when I feel like I've "bonked." After the candy has been left in the hot garage for a while, it softens considerably.
    I am trying to talk my wife into a matching set of hybrid bikes, I would probably put drop bars on mine, disc brakes are the way to go especially on a bike that would see some off paved conditions where it might get wet/sloppy.

Do you commute to work by bike? I tell ya if we had shower facilities here at work I would probably bike to work every day....its a nice 5-7k ride, depending on which way.

Glad to see you find a way to work cycling in with fitness. I am probably doing 60 km after work tonight. This will probably be a 2 cliff bar ride . Ill post a picture of my ride tonight on my journal.

Glad to see you find a way to work cycling in with fitness. I am probably doing 60 km after work tonight. This will probably be a 2 cliff bar ride . Ill post a picture of my ride tonight on my journal.
    60 km???? As in 37 miles?!?!

I prioritize my lifting over my riding, so I limit my riding to one hour or less. Would my recovery between bouts of lifting be compromised if I rode more? Maybe not. But between lifting 3X per week (now done occasionally in a public gym while my wife walks on one of the many MANY treadmills) and the riding in which I try to ride 3-4X per week, an hour per ride is nearly all that I have time for

I look forward to checking out your journal post-pics.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I am trying to talk my wife into a matching set of hybrid bikes, I would probably put drop bars on mine, disc brakes are the way to go especially on a bike that would see some off paved conditions where it might get wet/sloppy.

Do you commute to work by bike? I tell ya if we had shower facilities here at work I would probably bike to work every day....its a nice 5-7k ride, depending on which way.

My wife and I were biking every day until we moved out here to the boonies. Out here, the wind is too strong and too constant, the roads are too narrow, and there's really no place within range. We'd just be riding back and forth most of the time.

I do miss it, though, it's one of the few things that I regret leaving behind in the city.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.â€
    -Voltaire

🥋 A Karate Kid age 64 🔥 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz
    Thanks Kaz, but my journal is typically one of the inactive ones. I hit a wall with most of my lifts a few years ago and it was just boring (and depressing) to keep resetting the weights lower then making another run for new PRs only to get the same weights/reps as I got on the last cycle
    It's not that m'friend. What you haven't realized is this,

You've been helping and supporting so many of us for so long here that we cannot let you get away with your lame excuses for denying us the same honor to do it in return. The journal here is not all about numbers, as you and I already embraced. People still remain here, I think, know that too. Every single journal here today is not only unique but also filled with hope and determination, which is the true inspiration to each other.

Just keep beer in the fridge for us, we'll help ourselves.

P.S. A nice ride, you prefer fields to roads?
    🌺 Lauren Brooks Kelly (snailsrus) - Jul 25, 1991 – Jan 29, 2022
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

â­ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    â­ Over 35 Journals > Samurai, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373&page=200
    📌 Please Call me Kaz, a 64-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Very cool that you and your son are training together, and even cooler that he's managed to take $100 off his dad .... how old is he?
    And incline pressing 75lb DBs for 15 reps would impress anyone at any gym!
    Nice bike Mark
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    I do miss it, though, it's one of the few things that I regret leaving behind in the city.
    Dave,

I live out in the country but on a sufficiently wide state highway. I really like biking. We just came back from 3 days at the lake with the inlaws and I managed a 50 minute ride on all three days. I keep my riding to 45-60 minutes most of the time, but I should be able to ride 1,000 miles this year.

Originally Posted by Samraiwise View Post
    \You've been helping and supporting so many of us for so long here that we cannot let you get away with your lame excuses for denying us the same honor to do it in return.
    Kaz,

You're the best. Maybe I do need to post in here a little more often

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Very cool that you and your son are training together, and even cooler that he's managed to take $100 off his dad .... how old is he?
    He'll be 18 in June, and he looks SO MUCH BETTER than I did at his age. He has his wife's genes and can easily carry more muscle mass than I do. Her brother (my son's uncle) just benched 315 x 3 on an incline but I think he might supplement with a little more than creatine

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Dave,

I live out in the country but on a sufficiently wide state highway. I really like biking. We just came back from 3 days at the lake with the inlaws and I managed a 50 minute ride on all three days. I keep my riding to 45-60 minutes most of the time, but I should be able to ride 1,000 miles this year.
    Having decent width shoulders on the highway helps a lot. Our local roads have no shoulder at all, and even some of the nearby state highways are pretty deficient there. There's one highway I drive on weekly, and whenever I see a cyclist there I cringe. It's just scary.

Kaz,

You're the best. Maybe I do need to post in here a little more often
    Yes, you do. Kaz is a speaker of truth!

He'll be 18 in June, and he looks SO MUCH BETTER than I did at his age. He has his wife's genes and can easily carry more muscle mass than I do. Her brother (my son's uncle) just benched 315 x 3 on an incline but I think he might supplement with a little more than creatine
    It's great to have the kind of role model your son does, and I'm just one of many who appreciates you being the role model. Good going!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.â€
    -Voltaire

There's one highway I drive on weekly, and whenever I see a cyclist there I cringe. It's just scary.
    Agreed. The local news had a story about a cyclist who was killed by a motorist this weekend.

What's nice about where I live, is that the traffic is very, VERY light! I average maybe ~5-6 cars that pass on my side of the road every during ride that typically averages 50 minutes or so. TBH, my wife was reluctant at first when I started to exercise (I initially started walking along the highway), but now, even she walks with me when we don't go to the gym together.
    Last edited by Payton1221; 05-29-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Having decent width shoulders on the highway helps a lot. Our local roads have no shoulder at all, and even some of the nearby state highways are pretty deficient there. There's one highway I drive on weekly, and whenever I see a cyclist there I cringe. It's just scary.

Yes, you do. Kaz is a speaker of truth!

It's great to have the kind of role model your son does, and I'm just one of many who appreciates you being the role model. Good going!
    Agreed. The local news had a story about a cyclist who was killed by a motorist this weekend.

What's nice about where I live, is that the traffic is very, VERY light! I average maybe ~5-6 cars that pass on my side of the road every during ride that typically averages 50 minutes or so. TBH, my wife was reluctant at first when I started to exercise (I initially started walking along the highway), but now, even she walks with me when we don't go to the gym together.
    Do you fellas have many "rail" trails in your areas. There are a few around here that go great distances with the bridges still intact etc. Its a good alternative to road riding, and you can get into out of the way areas this way. Problem is often there are great varieties of surfaces to be found..everything from paved to loose stone and mud and old cinders. This has spurred my interest in "gravel bikes" they have features of road bikes and mountain bikes. This looks like it might be the best all round bike for me.

Do you fellas have many "rail" trails in your areas. There are a few around here that go great distances with the bridges still intact etc. Its a good alternative to road riding, and you can get into out of the way areas this way. Problem is often there are great varieties of surfaces to be found..everything from paved to loose stone and mud and old cinders. This has spurred my interest in "gravel bikes" they have features of road bikes and mountain bikes. This looks like it might be the best all round bike for me.
    There's one near me that's currently several disjointed smaller sections that they're SLOOOOWLY trying to connect together. When they're finished, it'll provide for a long but flat ride since it's primarily along the floodwall of the Ohio River. I might ride it some, but I live on the "knobs" that parallel that river, and consequently, I have several awesome hills that's actually ranked among the local cyclists as some of the best hills in the 5-county region.

I too just recently saw the introduction(?) of "gravel bikes."

Payton, went back and looked for my Monsters scooter order, since you are going to do a build, I want to make sure you get the correct items. Here are the two items you need

1 C80-8789 - 48 Volt 750 Watt MY1020 Electric Motor with 94.99
    1 W02-149 - 3.00-4 Rear Wheel Assembly with #25 Chain Sp 29.99

Depending on how you plan to tension the chain you may need their chain tensioner.

2 x E41-9655 - Rear Axle Tension Adjuster for Electric & G 4.98

I really do not know the exact wattage of the motor armored fitness used, based on the pictures and measurements it was either 500, 600 or 750 watts. I went with the 750watts...after all I can always get stronger !!!! (if it does not kill me first)

Payton, went back and looked for my Monsters scooter order, since you are going to do a build, I want to make sure you get the correct items.
    How about the chain length? Do you know which of these ( https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/...lt/?q=25+chain ) that approximate what you have?

Edit: I found a calculator that said with 55T and 11T sprockets and ~12" centers (a guess on my part) that ~130T chain is needed. What do you suggest: 138? 146?
    Last edited by Payton1221; 05-29-2018 at 11:04 AM.

How about the chain length? Do you know which of these ( https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/...lt/?q=25+chain ) that approximate what you have?

Edit: I found a calculator that said with 55T and 11T sprockets and ~12" centers (a guess on my part) that ~130T chain is needed. What do you suggest: 138? 146?
    I looked at the empty box, (house keeping at work is falling behind)...It is "Morse 25R Chain, 10ft" pt#2362069, it was purchased from an industrial sales company, probably you have "Motion Industries", Kaman, Grainger and others you can get this stuff from, possible even McMaster Carr. There was some chain left over. I would suggest you get the box, better to have extra if needed.

CPW, I have most of the parts on order for the prowler. I'll post up a pic when it's done.