Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please help me with this or i will stop going to the gym :'(

Hello,

This is the third time I post in bodybuilding.com in search of an answer which has withheld me from continuing my weight lift training, but I have never found the correct answer.
    I started weight training two years ago, my body has had some good gains, everywhere, but I have one major issue which is not letting me progress.
    Since I was born my right arm has always dominated my left, everything I did was with my right arm. Once I started weight training I realized my left arm was growing very well, but my right arm was staying the same. Two years later I was hoping for this to have already been fixed but it hasnt, my bicep and my tricep from the right arm are the same as when i started training but my forearm in my right arm has taken control and it is the muscle which is gaining size.
    Every movement I do, from from pulling, pushing, or whatever bicep exercise I try to do with my right arm, the forearm is the one doing all the work, I dont know what to do anymore, my arms are starting to look unproportional, my left arm looks bigger than my right arm, and if you look at my right arm from front view it looks very thin and then a I have a reasonable big forearm. I hate it, it has ruined all my motivation of going to the gym and i dont know what to do anymore.
    My right bicep and tricep are not able to feel any stress in any movement I do because my body has already learnt that my forearm is the strong muscle and is telling the forearm to put in the strength when any movement has to be done instead of the bicep or tricep.

My bicep and tricep are so underdeveloped in comparison to my forearm that i think that my mind just tells the forearm to do everything.

Somebody please help me, I really want to hit the gym again, but this has been holding me back for months already, and its so saddening.

I would appreciate it with all i have if anybody with knowledge can help me out with this. It makes me so sad.

Thank you so much in advance,

Marc

RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There's certain exercises you can do where your forearm will hardly be able to do anything, if at all. You should switch up the exercises you're doing if you're really having that problem. Also, think of your body as a sculpture. You can always focus more on one body part to bring it into proportion to how you want it to be. Basically, if you turn your hand sideways so that your thumb is up in the air, movements where you pull up towards your bicep from there, or movements where you push down in that position for your triceps will definitely hit the proper muscles without allowing your forearms to do much, if anything.

229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you have any photos you can post? A picture is worth a thousand words.

Tito203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tito203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tito203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tito203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tito203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tito203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tito203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tito203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tito203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tito203 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tito203 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tyr workingout your right arm a lot more than your left or heavier on your right arm than your left.

markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RagingVeins View Post
    There's certain exercises you can do where your forearm will hardly be able to do anything, if at all. You should switch up the exercises you're doing if you're really having that problem. Also, think of your body as a sculpture. You can always focus more on one body part to bring it into proportion to how you want it to be. Basically, if you turn your hand sideways so that your thumb is up in the air, movements where you pull up towards your bicep from there, or movements where you push down in that position for your triceps will definitely hit the proper muscles without allowing your forearms to do much, if anything.
    My forearm is so developed that even hammer curls force my forearm to do the strength instead of the bicep

Originally Posted by Tito203 View Post
    Tyr workingout your right arm a lot more than your left or heavier on your right arm than your left.
    No, this wont work because putting force on my right arm just makes my forearm stress, i can barely feel my bicep burn

sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For exercises like bicep curls, try using an EZ bar rather than a straight bar. The EZ bar will take stress off the forearms so you can focus on contracting the two heads of the bicep specifically.

As a general tip when you are lifting weights, focus less on *moving* the weight and more on *contracting* the muscle. If necessary, use less weight than you might normally. Your goal should be to activate the biceps (or triceps during triceps exercises). Slow down your reps and control them, mentally concentrate on the muscle you want to grow. Simply pushing the weight back and forth will allow your body to recruit any nearby muscles to assist with the lift. Work on contracting the muscle by increasing time under tension and using exercises like EZ bar curls and seated concentration curls, which will ideally take the forearms out of the movement.

Originally Posted by 229time View Post
    Do you have any photos you can post? A picture is worth a thousand words.
    *****://imageshack.com/i/n72xk1j this is a photo of my arm

LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Please stop going to the gym. I like to work out with not-stupid people.

Edit:

Originally Posted by markivier View Post
    This is the third time I post in bodybuilding.com in search of an answer which has withheld me from continuing my weight lift training, but I have never found the correct answer.
    Search function.

Every movement I do, from from pulling, pushing, or whatever bicep exercise I try to do with my right arm, the forearm is the one doing all the work
    This is the point in your post where I lost all respect for your intellect. You're claiming that muscles beyond your elbow are responsible for shoulder flexion, extension, etc. YOUR FOREARM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR BENCH PRESS.
    I dont know what to do anymore, my arms are starting to look unproportional, my left arm looks bigger than my right arm
    You do what any search would suggest you do: switch to an all dumbell and unilateral exercise routine. The reason your right(dominant) arm isn't gainin but your left arm is is because it already has a tolerance towards strain. If you would begin a serious flexibility routine and stretch the fascia of every arm muscle and only use unilateral exercises, you would more than likely realize a more balanced approach to your gains. As is, your right arm is very dense from a life time of use and probably an unhealthy amount of self pleasuring(which is what I read this entire post as being about, "boohoo I wank too much, halp").

The part about your post that bothers me more than anything else is that you shift responsibility for your own fitness and health onto us, a bunch of internet strangers. If I don't help you, you're going to quit. At what point is it suddenly our job to rescue your gym career? What is this, SovietBodyBuilding? You should be very grateful this ain't 4chan.

]My right bicep and tricep are not able to feel any stress in any movement I do because my body has already learnt that my forearm is the strong muscle and is telling the forearm to put in the strength when any movement has to be done instead of the bicep or tricep.
    Oh god. Why don't you make the slightest attempt to understand the functions of the human body, or at least the individual muscles in your arms, prior to making outrageous claims like this? Your forearm is physically incapable of offering strength towards any type of shoulder articulation.

I will not apologize for calling your post stupid. I will apologize for calling you stupid because you might not be stupid, you might simply be grossly uneducated and lacking even the slightest motivation to do your own reading on the subject to come to the very simple conclusion to shy away from barbell exercises until you feel you have more balanced development. By all means, please check in and let us know if we saved your ability to work out and live a healthy lifestyle, because you're right it is 100% my job to get you with big arms and a sixpack.
    Last edited by LadyLore420; 02-20-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    Gym lifts: 260/130/285
    Meet lifts: 245/130/285

Coming back after injury journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169273893

Originally Posted by LadyLore420 View Post
    Non-stupid* people, but besides that point, my problem here is something that has really irritated me for years and it is really not nice to receive a reply like yours so please if you have anything negative to say keep it to yourself.

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    *****://imageshack.com/i/n72xk1j this is a photo of my arm
    You might feel it in your forarm more because it is weaker than the rest of your arm. Just worry about getting stronger for now. If you are worried about a size imbalance I bet these guys feel your pain, Look at their lats.

TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

dyel.

hows about instead of being a bi tch you make a positive comment.

useless waste of data.
    ★Positive Crew★
    ☆ZA Crew☆
    --Always Picks 5 Crew--
    Deactivated FB Account crew
    [*TrapShoulder Crew*]
    Instagram- Thebearlife
    Snapchat-theonlybearlife

*never taking 2 scoops again crew*
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160686871&pagenumber=

aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sjs92 View Post
    For exercises like bicep curls, try using an EZ bar rather than a straight bar. The EZ bar will take stress off the forearms so you can focus on contracting the two heads of the bicep specifically.
    Isn't it the opposite? When you curl with the EZ bar you are less suppinated than with a straight bar, placing more emphasis on the forearm?

LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LadyLore420 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Non-stupid* people, but besides that point, my problem here is something that has really irritated me for years and it is really not nice to receive a reply like yours so please if you have anything negative to say keep it to yourself.
    See edit.

Coming back after injury journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169273893

BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    use dumbbells

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by aMintGram View Post
    Isn't it the opposite? When you curl with the EZ bar you are less suppinated than with a straight bar, placing more emphasis on the forearm?
    Yup ^

RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50) RagingVeins will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    After seeing pics, your forearm doesn't look like it could possibly be doing everything. Stick to the basics and your biceps will grow. Pull up fast, pinch, down slow. Focus on doing some resistant training and really letting the weights down slowly. You should definitely feel it in your biceps.

sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjs92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by aMintGram View Post
    I have to disagree slightly, the grip with an EZ bar is more supinated and the grip with a straight bar is a fairly neutral grip. However, both will activate the forearms to an extent, and therefore dumbbells are probably the best way to isolate the biceps from the forearms.

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sjs92 View Post
    I have to disagree slightly, the grip with an EZ bar is more supinated and the grip with a straight bar is a fairly neutral grip. However, both will activate the forearms to an extent, and therefore dumbbells are probably the best way to isolate the biceps from the forearms.
    Neutral grip implies palms facing eachother.

Barbell curls require full supination of the hands, and therefore maximum bicep involvement.

EZ bars require place the hand in a position of compromise between neutral and supinated grip.

229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50) 229time will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude you got to be kidding me?

I was expecting this!

This is all in your head. Keep lifting and eating, and you will bulk up.

nameless506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nameless506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nameless506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nameless506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nameless506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nameless506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nameless506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nameless506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nameless506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nameless506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nameless506 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    go supinated on pulls. again i dont think that your forearm are doing as much as you're telling us

Originally Posted by TheBearLife View Post
    dyel.

hows about instead of being a bi tch you make a positive comment.

useless waste of data.
    x2

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ya'll posting in troll thread.

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Damn it, now everyone knows.

TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBearLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

is a bit toasty in here (;
    evening lucy hows your working out log going
    ★Positive Crew★
    ☆ZA Crew☆
    --Always Picks 5 Crew--
    Deactivated FB Account crew
    [*TrapShoulder Crew*]
    Instagram- Thebearlife
    Snapchat-theonlybearlife

*never taking 2 scoops again crew*
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160686871&pagenumber=

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You making fun of me, bro? Hurt back, temporarily out of commission.

You making fun of me, bro? Hurt back, temporarily out of commission.
    FEEL BETTER

Im being completely serious...

Thank you for your positive and helpful comments, you were one of the few that helped me, i went to the gym today and slowed it down and started focusing in mind/muscle connection, and i felt it burn a bit more.
    I really appreciate it

Thank you for your positive and helpful comments, you were one of the few that helped me, i went to the gym today and slowed it down and started focusing in mind/muscle connection, and i felt it burn a bit more.
    I really appreciate it
    Use the force, young padawan. Also dumbbells.

Use the force, young padawan. Also dumbbells.
    Why are you even bothering in commenting in this post, if you so much hate me? Attention whore maybe?