markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markivier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please help me with this or i will stop going to the gym :'(

Hello,

This is the third time I post in bodybuilding.com in search of an answer which has withheld me from continuing my weight lift training, but I have never found the correct answer.
    I started weight training two years ago, my body has had some good gains, everywhere, but I have one major issue which is not letting me progress.
    Since I was born my right arm has always dominated my left, everything I did was with my right arm. Once I started weight training I realized my left arm was growing very well, but my right arm was staying the same. Two years later I was hoping for this to have already been fixed but it hasnt, my bicep and my tricep from the right arm are the same as when i started training but my forearm in my right arm has taken control and it is the muscle which is gaining size.
    Every movement I do, from from pulling, pushing, or whatever bicep exercise I try to do with my right arm, the forearm is the one doing all the work, I dont know what to do anymore, my arms are starting to look unproportional, my left arm looks bigger than my right arm, and if you look at my right arm from front view it looks very thin and then a I have a reasonable big forearm. I hate it, it has ruined all my motivation of going to the gym and i dont know what to do anymore.
    My right bicep and tricep are not able to feel any stress in any movement I do because my body has already learnt that my forearm is the strong muscle and is telling the forearm to put in the strength when any movement has to be done instead of the bicep or tricep.

My bicep and tricep are so underdeveloped in comparison to my forearm that i think that my mind just tells the forearm to do everything.

Somebody please help me, I really want to hit the gym again, but this has been holding me back for months already, and its so saddening.

I would appreciate it with all i have if anybody with knowledge can help me out with this. It makes me so sad.

Thank you so much in advance,

Marc

DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I feel quite certain that most of this is in your own head. It's probably not apparent to anybody but yourself because you obsess about it so much. Do yourself a massive favour and let it go. Just let it go.

Now I have a suggestion for you. From now on use only free weights like dumbbells to really maximise each individual arm. If you do that, the next bit is critical: Really feel the muscle that you want to work. Put your mind inside the muscle.

Lastly, be patient and don't be so critical of yourself.

dredubb01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dredubb01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dredubb01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dredubb01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dredubb01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dredubb01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dredubb01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dredubb01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dredubb01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dredubb01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dredubb01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by markivier View Post
    Hello,

This is the third time I post in bodybuilding.com in search of an answer which has withheld me from continuing my weight lift training, but I have never found the correct answer.
    I started weight training two years ago, my body has had some good gains, everywhere, but I have one major issue which is not letting me progress.
    Since I was born my right arm has always dominated my left, everything I did was with my right arm. Once I started weight training I realized my left arm was growing very well, but my right arm was staying the same. Two years later I was hoping for this to have already been fixed but it hasnt, my bicep and my tricep from the right arm are the same as when i started training but my forearm in my right arm has taken control and it is the muscle which is gaining size.
    Every movement I do, from from pulling, pushing, or whatever bicep exercise I try to do with my right arm, the forearm is the one doing all the work, I dont know what to do anymore, my arms are starting to look unproportional, my left arm looks bigger than my right arm, and if you look at my right arm from front view it looks very thin and then a I have a reasonable big forearm. I hate it, it has ruined all my motivation of going to the gym and i dont know what to do anymore.
    My right bicep and tricep are not able to feel any stress in any movement I do because my body has already learnt that my forearm is the strong muscle and is telling the forearm to put in the strength when any movement has to be done instead of the bicep or tricep.

My bicep and tricep are so underdeveloped in comparison to my forearm that i think that my mind just tells the forearm to do everything.

Somebody please help me, I really want to hit the gym again, but this has been holding me back for months already, and its so saddening.

I would appreciate it with all i have if anybody with knowledge can help me out with this. It makes me so sad.

Thank you so much in advance,

Marc
    If it's a medical issue go get it looked at. If there is no medical issue and you lift (using both arms) then it could be all in your head. I'm right handed and my right arm is bigger then my left arm, especially my tricep. Not seeing pictures or knowing the situation makes it difficult to help you. Also don't stop working out because of this.
    Creator of www.ShreddedAbsNow.com

Team MuscleTech

mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When doing sets always start with left arm first, example: stand DB alternating bi curls, first rep has to be with left arm, then rigth arm, then left, etc. Start with left and your last rep of the set should be on right arm. This will help force a better mind/body connection with the left side of your body. Not so sure on the forearm thing, if you are doing movements that require the bi and tri they are being worked, yes the forearm does SOME work to hold onto the DB or bar tho, but not the main work

KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000) KC2892 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lift with the weaker side first, always use dumbells to avoid one side making up for the weaker side. You could also always try FST-7 training every other week for the struggling parts, it's helping my left bicep catch up with my right bicep a lot (I had the exact same thing as you, felt a pump in my forearm but not bicep, this is just your muscle being so far behind). Also, drop the weight. Don't let your ego get in the way of progress. When I first started FST-7 to catch my left bi up to my right, I had to go down to 10lbs with my right arm assisting reps towards the end.
    Kansas Misc Crew
    6k+ Crew
    Chiefs - Royals - Sporting KC