Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Peaking Block - Week 2 Day 4

Deadlift
    170kg x 1@9.5 Another 10kg PR
    150kg x 3 x 4@9

Competition Bench
    100kg x 1@9.5
    87.5kg x 3 x 3@9

Chin-up
    BW x 7/6/6

Lateral Plate Raises
    10kg x 8 x 2

Notes
    Another PR today on deadlift, fueled by burger and cheesecake last night Today was a big session, hitting training maxes on deadlift and then bench really took me back to feeling like I did at the end of meet day. Got through everything nicely and actually took it quite steady on the back-off sets (12.5% load drop). One more session left at home and then I'll be back at uni in my usual gym (where the bars don't spin thankfully, hopefully get bench 100+). Have a good Easter peeps.
    My Log was 'ere : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160177511

"Good things come to those who weight" Lel

StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandardGinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kameronn View Post
    Congrats on the big squat PR man
    Cheers m9. Has been in the works for a long time.

j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000)
    as kameron said, gj on the pbs!
    im looking to grab myself a FS of bout three fiddy in a few weeks
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165874791

Originally Posted by j0hn117 View Post
    as kameron said, gj on the pbs!
    im looking to grab myself a FS of bout three fiddy in a few weeks
    eyyy. Hip flexor is a bit knackered so I'll have to see how I do for my training max squat tomorrow, maybe even get 160 in the bag We all gon make it. Funnily enough I'll turn 20 the week after my meet so might start a new log but we shall see.

Unhappy Peaking Block - Week 3 Day 1

Squat
    145kg x 1@9
    127.5kg x 4 x 2@8

Deadlift
    110kg x 2 x 3@8

Lying Leg Curl
    35kg x 8 x 3

Long-Lever Plank
    60s x 2

Notes
    Erector DOMS bloke was back (get it?). Took it reasonably easy on squat and then deadlift was horrible, like last week. Just need to dig in over the next two weeks and get through these DOMS dominated sessions, super compensation and such. Standard accessories and some stairmaster to finish. Hoping that by taking it easy today we can set a bench and squat PR this week when I'm back to my uni gym.

Exclamation Peaking Block - Week 3 Day 3

Squat
    155kg x 1@9
    160kg x 1 FAIL
    140kg x 3 x 2

Competition Bench
    70kg x 2 x 3@6

Reverse Banded GHR
    Red Bands x 8/8/10

Weighted Plank
    +15kg x 60s x 2

Notes
    You may have noticed that I didn't log day 2 and that's because my sternum flared up so I took it as a lighter volume day. Today was a weird one! Hit 155 again on squat and it was much better than the last one. However, when I went for 160 I fell forward out the hole slightly and couldn't recover it...dropped that son of a. Back off sets were really good though, acclimatizing to the heavier weights finally. Usual light bench and accessories to follow. Felt very good given that I had failed a squat. After tomorrow (deadlift and bench maxes), the intensity is dropped for the last two weeks and I'll start to hit maximal triples by the looks of the programmed weights! Finger crossed

Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    We're gonna make it brah. When do you plan on tapering off completely and deloading?

We're gonna make it brah. When do you plan on tapering off completely and deloading?
    A week today actually, will be hitting openers for a few singles and then only training twice the following week. Both of those sessions will just be a few singles in each lift with 75-85%.

Cool Peaking Block - Week 3 Day 4

Deadlift
    170kg x 1@9.5
    152.5kg x 3/2/2@9

Competition Bench
    100kg x 1@8.5
    105kg x 1@9.5 PR
    95kg x 3 x 2@9

Chin-Up
    BW x 8/6/6

Lateral Raise
    10kg x 10 x 2

Notes
    As expected, made up for yesterday's shoddy squat fail with some gains today. Felt very rough in my hips and lower back initially but just pushed through since this was the last chance to get some maximal deads in. Everything was really slow above my knees when back/glutes took over from my legs. But, still managed to get 170kg up without too much trouble. Back-off sets were literally horrible and my hands starting ripping up big time. Glute started to feel much better once I had finished deads and moved on to le bench. Was determined to finally hit a PR and it came in the form of 105kg for a slow but smooth single. Contrary to deads, the bench back-off sets were fantastic, easy triples with a weight I was struggling to hit once last prep! Followed the big lifts up with the last of my proper assistance work for this block. Will be starting to taper my volume slightly next week and as I say, will look to hit some pretty big triples.

Thumbs up Peaking Block - 11 days out

Squat
    140kg x 3 x 3@9

Deadlift
    120kg x 1 x 3@7

Reverse-Banded GHR
    Red Bands x 10 x 3

Notes
    Overeachening...ugh. Managed to hit the numbers I wanted on squat, barely. Really starting to feel beat-up but that will be rectified with the drop in volume next week. Did some light singles on deadlift and my signature GHR on the lat pulldown haha. Sessions are going to start shortening with specificity going through the roof in these last two weeks. Focusing on making all my reps clean and efficient; outside the gym sleep, hydration and food will really be priorities to nail each day! No excuses to mess up anything now

Talking Peaking Block - 10 days out

Competition Bench
    95kg x 4/3/4@9

Squat
    110kg x 1 x 3@6

Machine Row
    50kg x 10 x 3

Notes
    Felt soo good today, amazing what proper hydration, stretching and sleep can do. Bench was as smooth as you like, recorded it for le coach so if anybody is interested in seeing it I'll put it up! Pretty sure 95x4 is a massive PR but at this point it's all about that 1RM. Did some light singles at 70% on squat and then some machine rows to keep my upper back happy. Tomorrow brings the last rep work for squat and it's at 95%...so there won't be many reps anyway haha.

Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kameronn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Always put up videos my man! They're great to look back on and see how much you've progressed. Btw, why the hell is your avi a squat not to depth?!

Always put up videos my man! They're great to look back on and see how much you've progressed. Btw, why the hell is your avi a squat not to depth?!
    So bench and squat footage will be incoming post-workout Lol, I knew some smart arse would ask that. It was the best frame of the video...right before I failed it lmao.

Lightbulb Peaking Block - 9 days out

Squat
    147.5 x 3@9.5 PR
    147.5 x 2 x 2@9.5

Competition Bench
    75 x 1 x 3@6

Notes
    Short sessions now that the specificity is literally 100%. Hit a nice PR triple on squat and followed it with two decent doubles. Coath and I are discussing my attempts for next week so I can practice my openers on Monday; looks like I'll be 145, 100, 160. Bench was just some practice work really, tried to use a bit more leg drive but it's difficult on chitty commercial benches which are built for a midget slenderman. Anywho, rest day tomorrow and then 95% bench and deads on Saturday. Stay tuned. Also, said I would post footage...

...I lied >

Talking Peaking Block - 7 days out

Deadlift
    160kg x 3 x 2@9.5 PR
    160kg x 2 x 2@10

Competition Bench
    100kg x 3@9.5 PR
    100kg x 2@9.5
    100kg x 3@10

Notes
    Felt sick when I arrived but got eem. Nailed the session today, the triples in each were definitely PRs. Taking last year's final attempts for triples isn't too bad I'd say. Last proper session in the books so this week will just be resting, sleeping, eating and hitting some moderately intense singles which taper off until Friday.

Red face Peaking Block - 5 days out

Squat
    145kg x 1 x 5@8

Competition Bench
    100kg x 1 x 5@8

Deadlift
    160kg x 1 x 4@9

Notes
    Openers today! Squat and bench felt really good, can tell the fatigue is definitely still there though. Glute medius was playing up again so deadlifts after squat and bench were tough...going to have to keep a close eye on it over this week. Pretty taxing session to be honest, but only two left now and they're super easeh!!

Post Peaking Block - 3 days out

Squat
    115kg x 1 x 4@7

Competition Bench
    80kg x 1 x 4@7

Deadlift
    130kg x 1 x 3@7

Notes
    Worked with 80% of my openers for singles today, fairly quick and light session. Nothing interesting really happens in peak week, just feel tired, hungry and weak for most of it haha.

Thumbs up Peaking Block - 24 Hours Out

Squat
    100kg x 1 x 3@5

Bench
    70kg x 1 x 3@5

Notes
    Last little session, with some cardio afterwards, this morning just to keep things ticking nicely. Going to do some lat/shoulder mobility throughout the day today, trying to avoid any sternum pain tomorrow because that would suck big time. Apart from that, I'm about 2.5kg under my class so I'm not doing anything special today in that department, just sticking to macros as per usual (about 3100 cals). Weigh-ins for me, 83s, will be 12-13:30 with a 14:00 lift-off time and so I'll just be watching my mum in the morning, chilling with coath. Going to avoid eating prior to weigh-ins mainly because I like the feeling of carbing up afterwards and then I can take my caffeine at around the same time. I'll see you on the other side!!

Talking Meet Day 16/04/16

Got to the meet for the morning session since my mum was competing; for her first meet she did pretty well! Went 6/9, because of a few depth problems and some breathing issues (both fixable), with a 255kg total at 67kg BW. My weigh-in started at 12pm and I was a modest 80.07kg, comfortably in the 83kg class. Following which I carbed up big time, 160g (like 2 fibre haha) down the hatch within 15 mins of weighing in. Then just waited around for the first flight to get their squats done at which point I started warming up myself My attempts went like this,

Squat: 145kg 152.5kg 160kg

Bench: 100kg 105kg 110kg

Deadlift: 160kg 167.5kg 175kg

Total: 445kg
    Wilks: 303

Attempt selection was absolutely on point so I managed 9/9, which is a rare thing at IPF affiliate meets! Squat went really well, had a couple of red lights from the front judge for depth but there wasn't much I could do tbh. My stance is very narrow and my shins very long so it just means my knee travel is excessive and I squat as low as I can, hoping for the best haha. 160kg was a nice grinder so I knew that I didn't have much more left in the tank. Bench was super smooth, solid arch and good press commands so breezed through my 1st and 2nd attempts. 110kg was also a slow mover but was extremely grooved so I knew as soon as it came off my chest that I had it. So with 6/9 and two 5kg PRs going into deadlift, I felt really good. Warmed up nicely and then just went for it. 1st and 2nd attempts were fast, no sliding up my thighs fortunately. I thought I had more than 175 in me but didn't want to run the risk so just went with it. No problems with it whatsoever and in retrospect, definitely had another 5kg in me. All in all, a very successful meet coming off the back of injuries.

As for my plan now, I'm taking this week very light and I actually turn 20 on Wednesday so the timing is pretty spectacular. Will upload my third attempts from the meet for people to see and then I'm considering starting a new loge on the powerlifting thread. Some cheesy title like Road to 400 Wilks or something.

Congrats man! Onward to juniors! Glad to see you go 9/9 bro.