ivanprotrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My 12 Week Contest Prep Journal

Hey guys, tons of good info about contest prep out there already, but I would like to add my own $0.02 and post my 12 week contest prep. In this contest prep you will see that leading towards the show I had a plan in mind for the peak week throughout the entire prep, but DURING the peak week I changed my plan last minute. Usually, that could ruin anyone's prep, but in my case it actually played in my advantage.

It actually was a 14 week prep, but I can't find the first two entries, so I'll start with just posing the pics from week 1 and 2.
    Attached Images
    Ivan K
    Personal Trainer/Fitness Competition Coach Downtown Toronto.
    VP at Build My Body Beautiful, Toronto, ON.
    www.BuildMyBodyBeautiful.com
    info@ivankfitness.com

Yes, I train guys too.

12 Weeks Out

12 Weeks Out, July 30th.

Body Composition:

Weight: 239.2lb

Body Fat: 8.3%

Diet: the same as in 14 weeks out

Supplements: the same as 14 weeks out, but added creatine monohydrate, greens and liquid chlorophyll.

I have lost another .7% body fat this week, which is about 1.7lb of fat. I really think that I am progressing a little too fast (damn ectomorph in me), however I am able to keep the muscle so far. My weights during the training sessions keep going up, but VERY slowly and not on all exercises. This is probably due to the calorie restricted diet. Since I have lost a little bit of mass I should start thinking about cutting the calories that would be suitable for my new weight. However, since I am still seeing pretty good results I will keep everything the same for now. I am definetly see that I have gotten a little bit leaner, as my lowest portion of abs has started to protrude (8 pack should come out soon!!!). I have become more vascular and the side of my chest is leaning out as well. All in all so far my progress has been pretty good, meaning I am doing everything right.
    Attached Images
    Ivan K
    info@ivankfitness.com

Yes, I train guys too.

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're a beastt

11 Weeks Out

11 Weeks Out, July 30th.

Body Composition:
    Weight: 238lb
    Body Fat: 7.4%

Diet: the same as in 14 weeks out + starting to cut carbs from my preworkout meal. So, I will only eat them in the morning, in the postworkout shake (gatorade/dextrose) and the meal that follows the workout.

Supplements: the same as 14 weeks out, but added creatine monohydrate, greens and liquid chlorophyll.

I am down .9% body fat which is great. However, I must admit I do not see much difference this week, perhaps the reading was wrong this time. Nevertheless, I feel like I got a little bit more vascular (started getting veins on the sides of my stomach, spider webs on my shoulders when I am pumped and the intercostals protrude a little more). Still, I am to cut carbs from my preworkout meal, so I will eat them 2-3 times a day, instead of 3-4 times a day.
    As well, I threw in another cardio session bringing it up to 3 times a week last week and I am going to add another cardio this week too, so I will be doing 4 cardios for 30 minutes.
    As for the training, it is still pretty good, however I still cannot do deadlifts, back squats or any kind of bent over rows. I injured my back and was suspecting it to be a herniated disc, but the chiropractor told me it was just some injured ligaments in the lower back, which is not as serious. Hopefully, it will heal up fairly quick.

Anyway, I am starting to step it up, so hopefully I see better results next week!

aaaand no picture, because "upload failed"...
    Ivan K
    info@ivankfitness.com

Yes, I train guys too.

10 Weeks Out

IK9 Thanks buddy!

10 weeks out August 12th.

Body Composition:

Weight: 236.5 pounds
    Body Fat: 6.8

Diet: I am eating less fats starting this week, and keeping the carbs the same, in order to cut back on calories. Feel great after a cheat day yesterday, but had pretty bad cravings for doughnuts before that. It probably means I am eating less calories than I burn, because I don't even like doughnuts...

Supplements: Replaced Fish oil to Seal oil, it is much higher in omega 3.

I have cut another 0.5% of fat last week, the additional cardio seems to work. This week I am adding another cardio session, so it will be 5 cardio sessions a week. I am also going to start doing the cardio on its own, meaning I won't be doing it after the weights but later at night. I chose to do cardio at night for two reasons, first it will keep the weight sessions a bit shorter and second is I don't eat carbs at night, which should use fat as energy.
    My workout regimen is changing this week and is more intense now. It will be a 5 day split and
    I will be doing supersets for the most part.:
    Monday: Quads and shoulders
    Tuesday: Back, triceps and abs + cardio in the evening
    Wednesday: Chest and Biceps + cardio in the evening
    Thursday: Cardio and abs
    Friday: Hamstrings and calves
    Sunday: Cardio + abs

I am doing back and shoulders because these are the areas I think I need to bring up. With regards to the visible progress I can see now veins popping out from everywhere. I also am getting striations on my chest and can see my obliques better. I am still holding a little bit of water though, but it should go away closer to the show.

Until next week!
    Attached Images
    Ivan K
    info@ivankfitness.com

Yes, I train guys too.

9 Weeks Out

9 weeks out August 19th.

Body Composition:

Weight: 235 pounds
    Body Fat: 6.1%

Diet: I am going to introduce another refeed on Thursday to replenish the glycogen and leptin. It is supposed to help me to keep the cravings at bay and perform better during the workouts on the second half of the week. The refeed will only consist of increasing the amount of carbs in each meal and adding 2 extra meals with carbs (so instead of 3 carb meals I will have 5). I am not going to make it a cheat meal, where I eat junk, but carb up only on clean carbohydrates (sweet potato, brown rice and oatmeal).

Supplements: I am increasing the Ephedrine-Caffeine dose gradually from 200mg of caffeine and 24mg ephedrine twice a day, to three times a day. I am not as jittery anymore compared to when I just started, which is a great news!

I am starting to feel depleted by Thursday (4 days after the cheat day) up to the point where I cannot even get a pump at the gym and have no desire to workout. As well, I started to get mad cravings and feel light headed during training. My Saturday Workout (hamstrings and calves) was not good at all, as I had to take longer rests and felt like I could have pushed myself more, but had no energy. This is why I am introducing an extra refeed on Thursday. Nevertheless, I feel that my body continues to change and I am getting a harder look compared to 5 weeks ago. I have dropped a 0.7% body fat. I am holding a little bit of water still, which affects my definition, but I find that it slowly starting to flush away.
    At this point I am very motivated and can't wait until the day of the show. Too bad that it is 9 weeks away. On the other side, it gives me a lot of time to get better results.

Until next week!
    Attached Images
    Ivan K
    info@ivankfitness.com

Yes, I train guys too.

8 Weeks Out

8 weeks out August 26th.

Body Composition:

Weight: 236 pounds
    Body Fat: 5.8%

Diet: I have started to do 2 refeed days a week (Thursday and Sunday). Both are loaded with carbs of a high GI type. I will walk you through my refeed day in my video that I am planning to post soon, but here's pretty much my Sunday's carb up:

Refeed Day:
    Meal 1: 2cups oatmeal, 1tbsp honey and handful of raisins, 1scoop protein powder
    Meal 2: 18 spicy tuna pieces (no mayo), 1 spicy tuna handroll, sea weed salad and extra rice (white)
    Meal 3: 2 blueberry bagels w/fat free cream cheese and reduced sugar jam, 150g basa
    Meal 4: Home made low fat pizza (doesn't really taste like pizza, but still very good), pretzels
    Meal 5: Second half of that pizza and pretzels
    Meal 6: 2 blueberry bagels w/fat free cream cheese and reduced sugar jam, protein shake (1scoop).

Calories: 3887 (maybe 4000)
    Fat: 38g
    Carbs: 641g
    Protein: 185g

My regular non refeed days are:

Calories: 2373 (lets make it 2400)
    Fat: 30g
    Carbs: 110g
    Protein: 405g

It sounds like I have lost my mind and am giving in to cravings when I eat all this carby food on my refeeds, but it's working! I store some water the next day, but am much fuller, stronger and getting leaner each week. In other words, I can keep up with the intensity of the workouts, keep my metabolism high and therefore burn more fat.

Supplements: Ephedrine and Caffeine are now up to 24mg ephedrine and 200mg caffeine 3 times a day. Finally, the jitters are gone completely and I feel very peaceful

I dropped another .3% of fat last week, but my weight stayed the same this time. Looks like the refeeds are working wonders! I make sure that the days I don't refeed, I keep my protein high, and carbs very moderate (only 3 times a day to a total of around 135g). I try to limit my fat intake only to the one I get from chicken, Pam frying spray and seal oil. Very low calorie high protein diet, otherwise there would not be a need in refeeding. I will expand more on the importance of refeed in an article I am writing, but basically it is necessary to have them once or twice a week in order to pull your body from a catabolic state induced by heavy training, cardio and low calories. Otherwise, the body will start clinging on to every bit of fat. Anyway, I feel great and can't wait to get up on stage already!

Until next week!
    Attached Images
    Ivan K
    info@ivankfitness.com

Yes, I train guys too.

7 Weeks Out

7 weeks out, Septemeber 3rd..

Body Composition:

Weight: 237 pounds
    Body Fat: 5.2%

Diet: Looks like the refeeds help me to keep dropping fat, even though I crank up the calories and simple carbs to the max twice a week. I feel better, do not have any cravings and my workouts are very intense. I feel that refeeding is a great tool to use if your body fat is already low. I must say, however that I do not spill over or fill out as used to when I just started. I even tried to eat more carbs last Sunday and still did not get as full as I expected. I will keep with refeeds until the last week of the prep.

Supplements: I added glutamine to my BCAA drink during the cardio. Just another precaution to avoid muscle wasting.

Another .6% body fat is gone and I feel great! From this week on I am starting to do fasted cardio every morning. As horrible as it sounds, I find it rather energizing and it keeps me from sleeping in every day. In order to avoid burning muscle in a fasted state, I make sure that I sip on a drink consisting of 12-15g of BCAAs and 10g of glutamine. I also make sure to go very slow, around 110-120bpm and go for 30 minutes. I dont think I need more than that at this point as everything seems to work according to plan.

Until next week!
    Attached Images
    Ivan K
    info@ivankfitness.com

Yes, I train guys too.

6 Weeks Out

6 weeks out, Septemeber 10th.

Body Composition:

Weight: 236.1 pounds
    Body Fat: 4.6%

Diet: I have noticed that I deplete much faster than before and on the second morning after the refeed I start to look flat again. I have decided to increase my carb intake a little between the refeed days, so that I can get through the rest of the workouts with more energy. As well, considering my body fat percentage at this point, I can afford to increase the carb intake, in order to save the muscle. This week, I am adding 60g of carbs, which amounts to 170g a day. The increase comes in the form of additional 0.5cup of oatmeal in the morning and 100g of sweet potato post workout.

Supplements: An additional 10g of glutamine before going to bed to assist recovery and release of growth hormone.

Minus 0.8% body fat is a great news and an indicator that I am on the right track. Fasted cardio seems to help a lot in fat loss. In fact, I was contemplating on whether to increase it to 45 minutes every morning, but decided to leave it at 30 minutes for now as it seems to work for me at this point. No doubt that if I hit a plateau next week I will increase my daily portion of stationary biking. Right now I am seeing changes, such as striations in my triceps and some on my quads as well, which makes me very happy to see them again (haven't seen them since my last show). My energy has been a bit low, I assume that early morning cardio sessions have a lot to do with is, as I am not used to wake up at 6am. However, I realize that it's impossible to walk around full of energy all day, while being 6 weeks out of the show. It's a part of the porcess and I have to suck it up.
    This week my training is going to change again, as I have noticed that double sets deplete me a little too fast. I will concentrate on pyramid loading with a dropset at the last set of most exercises. I will be doing single sets and will try to push a little more weight to preserve the muscle, as I don't want to come on stage too skinny (I'm 6'2 and shouldn't be dropping too much weight at this point). All in all, I am trying to maintain the mass as much as I can as my body fat seems to be at a good spot.

Until next week!
    Attached Images
    Ivan K
    info@ivankfitness.com

Yes, I train guys too.

5 Weeks Out

5 weeks out, Septemeber 17th.

Body Composition:

Weight: 238 pounds
    Body Fat: 4.6%

Diet: Started to use what is called a carb rotation diet. Basically, I still have the 2 refeed days on Thursday and Sunday, but I will alternate the amount of carbs a little bit from day to day:

Sunday – refeed, approx. 800-900g of carbs.
    Monday – low carb, 110g of carbs
    Tuesday – low carb, 110g of carbs
    Wednesday – higher carb, 220g of carbs
    Thursday – refeed, approx 700g of carbs
    Friday – low carb, 110g of carbs
    Saturday – low carb, 110g of carbs

The 2 days following the refeed should be a low carb as I feel that I can sustain my energy levels somewhat without feeling too depleted. Wednesdays I am doubling the carbs from low carb day, as this is the day where I feel the crappiest and need some additional fuel to get through the day. This is pretty much the logic behind it, I will stick to this set up until one week out.

Supplements: All the same from the previous weeks.

Another week passed by and I am already 5 weeks out from the show! It feels both too far and too close, if you take in consideration that I have been dieting for 9 weeks already (that have passed by so quickly). I am sure I will remember this prep the most, considering that I wasn't killing myself like I did during the past contest preps and got the best results yet.
    My body fat hasn't changed this week and my weight went up. It could be attributed to the morning cardio that made me sleep less. I will fix this problem this week and will make sure that I sleep at least 8 hours a day, and if necessary will also take naps during the day. I am not too enthusiastic about the fat persentage being the same, but yet again the caliper measurements have a little room for an error. As of this point I am not going by the measurements anymore, as it is hard to measure the skinfold anyway as the skin sits pretty tight, especially on my quads. Instead I am going by the mirror and am seeing amazing results! I have new veins popping out every week, I have never seen these veins before, even being at my leanest.
    I am going to restrict my refeeds a little bit and get rid of the pretzels and the fat and gluten free potato puffs as it is very hard to control the portions with these food items. From now on I will schedule every meal and make sure to hit the target amount of carbs, without overdoing it.
    This week I am also starting my tanning schedule. I will start off with 2 days this week and increase it to every other day by the end of 3rd week out. With tanning I am really not trying to achieve a beautiful bronze tan. Tanning makes the skin tighter and also pushes the water out, so the muscle looks drier.
    Anyhow, I cannot wait for the day of the competition to see the final product of this hard work!

Until next week!
    Attached Images
    Ivan K
    info@ivankfitness.com

Yes, I train guys too.

4 Weeks Out

4 weeks out, Septemeber 24th.

Body Composition:

Weight: 235.8 pounds
    Body Fat: 3.6%

Diet: Look like the carb rotation works and I am down an amazing 1% in body fat! I will keep up with it, but will add some more carbs between the refeeds for energy.

It is hard to believe that it has been 10 weeks since I started the contest prep, and there are only 4 weeks to go. In fact, it's 3 weeks because I last week of the prep is reserved mostly for the changes in the diet and the volume of training is substantially smaller.
    With the carb rotation introduced last week I have lost and additional 1% body fat, which is impressive when the body fat percentage is already very low. However, along with that came a terrible state of exhaustion that pretty much slashed my intensity at the gym in half (I have literally had to drop my weights to as low as 50%). I am really concerned about this change, as my main goal right now is to preserve size (at 6'2 I really shouldnt drop my weight too low, as my shorter and bulkier rivals will simply wipe me out onstage). To counteract a significant weight loss, I am introducing extra carbs on all of the days between the refeeds. So, instead of 110g of carbs on low carb days I will be consuming 200g and on the days preceding the refeeds 250g of carbs will be ingested. I also introduce a table spoon of flaxseed oil in my last meal.
    With regards to training the same protocol will be present up until 1 week out. 40 minutes fasted cardio in the morning and an additional 20 minutes of cardio after each training session will be added this week. I started to practice my poses last Thursday for 15-20 minutes a day, which can easily be counted as a workout as well, I was drenched with sweat each time I practiced!
    In other words, I am starting to smell the pro tan in the air, as I get closer and closer to the day X. It will be awesome!

Until next week!
    Attached Images
    Ivan K
    info@ivankfitness.com

Yes, I train guys too.

3 Weeks Out

3 weeks out, October 1st.

Body Composition:

Weight: 235.4 pounds
    Body Fat: 3.6%

Diet: Pretty much the same as last week: refeed on Sunday, then tapering off the carbs as the week progresses.

I am 20 days out and I am very glad with the progress that I made in the past 11 weeks. Although, I do look a bit puffy in the beggining of the week after the refeed, but by the end of the week the water comes out completely leaving me very lean, although also pretty flat. However, during the Sunday's carb up I can start seeing what the end product will look like: full, dry and vascular. It is pretty amazing to see your body change within a few hours.
    Judging by the caliper readings, I did not make any fat loss progress, however I don't think that these readings are reliable anymore, as it is pretty hard to take measurements right now as the skinfolds are so hard to pinch. When I look in the mirror I see some great changes, and that is what important at this moment, on stage the judges don't take measurements, they go by how you look.
    Fridays and Saturdays are usually the hardest days, as the carbs are pretty low, and this translates into the intensity of my workouts. But, this is the price that any competitor has to pay to look good at the show, especially the last few weeks out.
    I am increasing my morning cardio to 50 minutes in a slow pace. The cardio after training sessions are going to stay at 20 minutes. I am not introducing any major changes into my workout routines at this point. However, I am a bit more careful with the free weights, as at this stage it is easy to get injured. Focusing more on full control over the weight and less on the amount of weight I am pushing, however still bringing every set to failure.
    Started tanning yesterday, and will be doing it 3-4 times a week. Not my favorite thing in the world, but it can help me to get rid of some additional water and get the skin tighter.
    That's all for this week, I already outlined my last 7 days's plan and will post it next later.
    Attached Images
    Ivan K
    info@ivankfitness.com

Yes, I train guys too.

2 Weeks Out

2 weeks out, October 8th.

Body Composition:

Weight: 234.4 pounds
    Body Fat: 3-3.5%

Diet: Refeed on Sunday, keeping carbs at 200g Monday through Wednesday. Thursday: 150g carbs, Friday 100g. Saturday will be another refeed, but this time a bit shorter, no carbs in the morning and 500g after the workout. Sunday will start the carb depletion. Cut out protein shakes, creatine and dairy just to play it safe and eliminate processed foods from the diet. From now on my carbs represent sweet potato, oatmeal and rice cakes (post workout, they will be eliminated on Saturday). Protein sources are chicken breast, tuna, tilapia and egg whites. Fats are only consumed for the last 2 meals and consist only of olive oil and ground flax seeds.

Can't wrap my head around how close I am to the show already and that it has almost been 13 weeks of preparation. Pretty much I am counting this week as the last one, as no cardio, no leg or ab workouts are going to be present next week. I will post a detailed plan of the final days before the show next week.
    I am up to 60 minutes of fasted cardio in the morning and 20 minutes of cardio after each workout. Have to admit that I am starting to feel a bit overtrtained, as my intensity during workouts is dropping. I can't lift as heavy anymore, which is not a big deal anyway, last thing I need right now is to get injured, so I'm working with moderate weights in a controlled and steady way bringing each set to failure. I also cut out big exercises like squats and leg presses, as they can make the legs to hold some additional water and instead have been doing "shaper" exercises like leg extensions, hamstring curls and lunges.
    I still some water, so I will need to play my cards right when it comes to carb depletion and carbing up next week, as well as dropping water to appear dry onstage, but I have a plan and it should work as it did for my previous show.
    I feel pretty tired but excited at the same time, will keep you posted about next week.
    Attached Images
    Ivan K
    info@ivankfitness.com

Yes, I train guys too.

1 Week Out

1 week out, October 15th.

Body Composition:

Weight: 236.4 pounds
    Body Fat: ~3.5%

Diet: Lots of changes this week! Last week I have been dropping the carbs continuously throughout the week from 200g on Monday to 100g on Saturday. Starting this week's Monday I will:

• Cut out oatmeal, and stick to sweet potatoes as the only carb source. I prefer to eliminate carbs that expand in water (wet carbs) and stick only to the dry carbs at this point. It also eliminates the possibility of a negative reaction to the trace gluten that is present in oatmeal.
    • Protein sources are: chicken breast, white fish, eggwhites. Will introduce sirloin steak during the carb up.
    • Fat sources: last week I started taking a tablespoon of almond butter with each one of the last three meals. However, I found that by Sunday I started to hold a lot of water, which needless to say freaked me right out. I cut it out on Sunday and just had a couple of pieces of boiled, unseasoned salmon at a wedding I attended (which was perhaps the most delicious thing I've ever eaten, no joke). I didn't have any other fat all day afterwards. Today I noticed that the water retention subsided a little, which is a bit of a relief. I assume that the water retention happened due to either higher levels of fat that has been kept to a minimum for the most of the prep (although even 3 tablespoons of AB isn't a big amount fat at all), or because I may have a minor allergy to it. Either way, any oils coming from plants are out of the diet till the rest of the prep.
    • I will do carb depletion/loading in the following way:

Mon: Carbs-80g, Protein-420g, Fat- trace amount, Water- 12 liters

Tue: C-80g, P-420g, F- trace amount , W-12 liters

Wed (pre workout): C-0, P-120g, F-0

Wed (post workout-carb loading begins): C-600g, P-120g, F- small amounts with each meal coming from the steak , W-12 liters

Thursday: C-450g, P-240g, F- same amount from Wednesday, W-12 liters

Friday (before 5pm): C-350g, P-180g, F-same as Wednesday, W-6 liters. I will cut the water out at 5pm.

Friday (after 5pm): depending on my condition I will either continue with eating sweet potatoes and lean protein, or if I feel flat I will go out and get something greasy and full of simple carbs and sodium (I am thinking of a disgustingly greasy burger with fries). After the water is cut out, the possibility of spilling over is minimal at this point. After that I may have another meal or two consisting of 50g of carbs and lean proteins.

Saturday: I will have a greasy and sugary breakfast, something like steak and eggs, doughnuts, pancakes with syrup, or whatever that was a taboo for the past 14 weeks. Ending a traditional carb load in such way should pack some extra glycogen in the muscle and increase vascularity.

Supplements: Dropped ephedrine and most of the caffeine, as it can interfere with the carb up phase. Will start a natural diuretic on Thursday and will be taking it all the way to Saturday morning.

As I am writing this, I am 5 days out from the show. This is the most important week of the prep and I need to make sure that I don't screw it up. I have stopped cardio, leg training and ab workouts, in order to minimize the water retention in this areas. I feel much more rested, even being on such a low amount of carbs. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I am to do carb depletion workouts. I will carry them out in a traditional way: 1-2 exercises per body part (back, chest, shoulders and arms), circuit training for 12-15 reps per set without going to failure. I am to do 3-4 circuits like this and start my carb loading right after the Wednesday's workout. My first meal post workout is going to be a pack of natural rice cakes (about 110g of carbs). The rest of the carb load will rely only sweet potatoes.
    Yesterday I was holding quite a bit of water, which made me a bit nervous. However, after cutting almond butter I see a slight reduction in water weight. The lack of daily cardio may have played a role in it, as well. However, I am also pretty depleted at this point (my last refeed was 8 days ago) and am looking flat, so I am hopeful that carb load and cutting water will take care of this problem.
    I am posing everyday for 30 minutes. Not a big fan of my front and back double bicep and side tricep poses, but side chest, lat spreads, ab and thigh look decent. Can't imagine that the day I have been preparing for over 3 months is just 5 days away!!!
    That's it for now, next time I will be posting pictures from the show and how it went.

Until next week!

1 week out, October 15th.
    Attached Images
    Ivan K
    info@ivankfitness.com

Yes, I train guys too.

Post Contest

Post Competition

The contest is over and I am back home with a heavy trophy and a second place! I am very content with my placing, I was up against some great competitors and am proud to qualify for Provincials.
    That being said, not everything went as planned and I would definitely change a few things next time. My carb up was pretty moderate as I was being careful not to spill over. I started carbing up as planned, after my last depletion workout on Wednesday, with a bag of rice cakes and proceeded to eat sweet potatoes from then on. However, I shortly discovered that in order to get 550 grams of carbs from sweet potatoes I had to consume over 3kg of sweet potatoes. I think it was a bit of an overkill for my stomach and it gave me indigestion. I did not feel well at all on Thursday, and had to switch back to oatmeal, as it is a more carb dense food choice. By Friday I was fuller, but not nearly as full as I wanted to be. It didn't bug me, as I knew that the crap load on Saturday would take care of it. At 5pm I cut the water out and weighed in at 233lb at 7pm. We went for a steak and veggie dinner at around 9pm and when we came back to the hotel, I started to get vascular and dry. Friday night looked very promising.
    I couldn't get much sleep at night, and woke up pretty drained for a spray tan session, at 530am. My breakfast before the session consisted of 2 boiled eggs, a few handfuls of Hershey's white chocolate candies and 2 Snickers'. By the time the spray tan was on I was very thirsty and dehydrated, I lost vascularity and was looking smaller than the night before. We went and got a huge breakfast that represented 4 egg omelet, 2 sausages, 3 waffles, 4 slices of bread with peanut butter and jelly, more Hershey's candies, 3 muffins and a few chocolates. Before the prejudging I had some more junk food, but it did not seem to fill me up anymore. The lack of water definitely played a role in it, I couldn't get a pump and the vascularity was gone, I felt very weak and tired. After the prejudging I had a liter of water with a slice of pizza and a few doughnuts. At this point I figured that I really needed the water to fill up, and had another 3 liters between the prejudging and night show. I also loaded more on 3 burgers, onion rings and doughnuts coming up to the night show. By the time I got on stage, I felt much better and was fuller and got some of the vascularity back. I finished my routine and the pose down, got the award and by the time I got off stage I realized that I still was filling up. Loaded up on some more junk on the way home too. Next morning I was looking much more vascular and bigger.
    I figured out a couple things that I would do differently next time to come on stage fuller:
    • I will not drop the water at all. Instead I will cut it back to 5-6 liters on Friday and keep it on Saturday at around 3-4 liters.
    • I will start my junk load on Friday night around 6-7pm
    Nevertheless, aside from the few setbacks during the carb up, I am pretty happy with my presentation on stage. The carb rotation diet was definitely a success, as I kept most of the muscle and came pretty lean. I might ease up on the cardio next time around as well, as I noticed that it did not help me much the last 4 weeks of the prep, but instead burned me out. I will only introduce it if I feel that I am not making progress from diet and weights alone.
    Thanks everyone for following this journal, I hope this will help you achieve your goals and if you have any questions you can always contact me via emal: info@ivankfitness.com. Good luck with all your fitness goals!

Ivan K
    Attached Images
    Ivan K
    info@ivankfitness.com

Yes, I train guys too.