easymoney34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Increase Muscle Mass For Skinny Guy

Hello everyone...Recently I've been asking for exercises to develop six pack and I've been told that considering how thin I am,I should bulk and then go on a cut

I'm 5'7" and right now weigh 132lbs(BF is nowhere to be found) and it's not like I wanna look that pumped up(at least not for now),my main concern for the moment is to get definition by the summer(besides,the body that I'd like to have is the Bruce Lee kind of body...muscular but slim)

Now I don't wanna go over my workout routine(since I'm posting on Nutrition forum) but I'd like to know if it is possible to go on a "little bulk" and then cut from there...I'm asking because it's new for me and not knowing how much time will it take I'm afraid that bulking will make me lose my cut and I don't want to spend my summer looking buff or some

My current nutrition consist of:

Breakfast: Tea and Cereals
    Lunch: Pasta,Salad and Bread/Crackers
    Snack: Tea and Cereals
    Dinner: Meat(ocasionally Fish) Salad and Bread/Crackers

Speak your mind...If i start to bulk now will I be able to cut by the summer,or is it safer starting a bulking plan in September and being sure to be able to make the cut by the summer?
    Attached Images

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Read the stickies... all of them.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

MajesticNC is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MajesticNC is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MajesticNC is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MajesticNC is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MajesticNC is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MajesticNC is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MajesticNC is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MajesticNC is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MajesticNC is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MajesticNC is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MajesticNC is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Your weight is at the lower end of the spectrum for what is acceptable for your height, for a regular healthy person not a bodybuilder. So that's why you may seem a bit thin to your friends, but it's nothing to worry about you're not underweight. But if you added about 11 pounds of muscle you would be at the ideal weight for your height and you would be a good size and people wouldn't say you are 'worryingly thin anymore'. Of course you wont look like the typical 'bodybuilder' still. But I get the feeling you just want to look 'fit'.

If you eat a healthy balanced diet and eat in about 500 calories surplus of what someone who actively work outs, who is your height and weight needs. So eating about 2900 - 3000 calories you will gain about 1 lbs per week. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to do that until you are about 11 pounds heavier in 11 weeks and stay quite lean. Good luck.

Originally Posted by MajesticNC View Post
    Your weight is at the lower end of the spectrum for what is acceptable for your height, for a regular healthy person not a bodybuilder. So that's why you may seem a bit thin to your friends, but it's nothing to worry about you're not underweight. But if you added about 11 pounds of muscle you would be at the ideal weight for your height and you would be a good size and people wouldn't say you are 'worryingly thin anymore'. Of course you wont look like the typical 'bodybuilder' still. But I get the feeling you just want to look 'fit'.

If you eat a healthy balanced diet and eat in about 500 calories surplus of what someone who actively work outs, who is your height and weight needs. So eating about 2900 - 3000 calories you will gain about 1 lbs per week. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to do that until you are about 11 pounds heavier in 11 weeks and stay quite lean. Good luck.
    Thanks a lot that's what I was talking about...You guessed it right I wanna look fit,not get the bodybuilder body...Just one more question though...Since I'm kind of a hardgainer would should I workout less and eat more? Because right now I'm following stronglift 5x5 program and doing supersets of sit ups,frog kicks,and leg raises with hip thrust when I don't ift...Should I keep the same routine or will it burn all the calories I would acquire by eating?

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by easymoney34 View Post
    Thanks a lot that's what I was talking about...You guessed it right I wanna look fit,not get the bodybuilder body...Just one more question though...Since I'm kind of a hardgainer would should I workout less and eat more? Because right now I'm following stronglift 5x5 program and doing supersets of sit ups,frog kicks,and leg raises with hip thrust when I don't ift...Should I keep the same routine or will it burn all the calories I would acquire by eating?
    Why would you ever work out less? That would only slow progress? If you burn more calories, eat more to compensate. In reality, a typical gym bout does not burn many calories.

It's a long and grueling process to get a "bodybuilder" body. You don't just happen upon it one day and realize you've been eating too much protein and training too hard and now you look like Arnold. Doesn't work like that lol. Just study some basic nutrition, read the threads at the top of this nutrition section. Find out just how many calories you need to gain weight, plan your diet, and work hard. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Why would you ever work out less? That would only slow progress? If you burn more calories, eat more to compensate. In reality, a typical gym bout does not burn many calories.

It's a long and grueling process to get a "bodybuilder" body. You don't just happen upon it one day and realize you've been eating too much protein and training too hard and now you look like Arnold. Doesn't work like that lol. Just study some basic nutrition, read the threads at the top of this nutrition section. Find out just how many calories you need to gain weight, plan your diet, and work hard. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    I asked this question because a saw a video by hodgetwins adressed to hardgainers in which it was said that if you eat like a pig but then you workout hard,there's a risk of burning all the calories you just took.Moreover it's true that I can keep working out with the same intensity and eat more,but there's a limit how much food I can eat

I know it's not like I'm gonna turn into a bodybuilder in one day,but if you read previous post that's not my goal...My main goal is actually make my abs pop out...in order to do that I know low BF% and that's not my problem...What I do fear is that by eating too much I'm just gonna lose that low BF% that I've got,laying waste on all the workout I've done so far

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by easymoney34 View Post
    I asked this question because a saw a video by hodgetwins adressed to hardgainers in which it was said that if you eat like a pig but then you workout hard,there's a risk of burning all the calories you just took.Moreover it's true that I can keep working out with the same intensity and eat more,but there's a limit how much food I can eat

I know it's not like I'm gonna turn into a bodybuilder in one day,but if you read previous post that's not my goal...My main goal is actually make my abs pop out...in order to do that I know low BF% and that's not my problem...What I do fear is that by eating too much I'm just gonna lose that low BF% that I've got,laying waste on all the workout I've done so far
    The Hodgetwins should never be used as a reference for anything other than comedic relief. They haven't studied nutrition, or the endocrine system, or the metabolism, or biology/physiology in general.

If you don't have a solid base of muscle, no amount of cutting will make you look good. You need to build muscle first, then cut. I already told you exactly what to do in my previous post in regards to gaining muscle the proper way which will minimize fat gain.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners