Dlriojas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can I become a linebacker

I'm a sophomore in Highschool playing football, this past year I was starting Jv defensive end. Next year though I want to play linebacker because I want to play in college and I know I can't go to college for being a 5'6" 165lb defensive end that's not getting any taller. The only reason they played me because I had good form.

Right now I ran a 5.15 40yrd dash, bench 255, power clean 210, squat 315, and I'm better then most receiver at agility. I need an honest opinion if I could do it and what I need work on.

JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayceF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ofc you can be a linebacker but ngl 5.15 is pretty slow. I weigh 186-187 and I run a 4.5 and don't even play football. What you need to do is put more time in football training than weight training and prove to your coaches that you can do this ****

Registered User larsfromfaraway's Avatar
    larsfromfaraway will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsfromfaraway will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsfromfaraway will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsfromfaraway will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsfromfaraway will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsfromfaraway will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsfromfaraway will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsfromfaraway will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsfromfaraway will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsfromfaraway will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsfromfaraway will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can definitely do it. Your strength is really good. You need to work on explosive leg strength and sprinting. You can get better at sprinting just like anything else. Try to get in the 4.8-4.9 range.

i3igNasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dlriojas View Post
    I'm a sophomore in Highschool playing football, this past year I was starting Jv defensive end. Next year though I want to play linebacker because I want to play in college and I know I can't go to college for being a 5'6" 165lb defensive end that's not getting any taller. The only reason they played me because I had good form.

Right now I ran a 5.15 40yrd dash, bench 255, power clean 210, squat 315, and I'm better then most receiver at agility. I need an honest opinion if I could do it and what I need work on.
    Definitely CAN do it. Let your D coaches know what you're wanting to do right now so that they can start working with you. Position knowledge is huge, but recruiters really want to see athleticism and work ethic

johnvcarlo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How about me with 4.9 40, 215 bench, 265 squat (way below parallel), deadlift 405. also a sophomore, 5'11 185 or what position would i be better suited for?